PDA

View Full Version : Information help

UCFinfan86
11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
For a school speech im doing it on why i think motorcycle helmets should be a law, but i need an example of a famous person dying from a motorcycle crash, does anyone know of anyone famous that died from a motorcycle crash? i tried searching google but was unsuccessful

EDIT: I think they need to have not been wearing a helmet

Timmy54
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM
try just researching Daytona bike week deaths. that should give you plenty of examples. I for one would disagree with you but have fun writing

ganooch
11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Both Duane Allman and Berry Oakley of the Allman Brothers died as a result of motorcycle accidents. Just need to find out if they had helmets on.

UltraDol-Fan
11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
there is always the argument that wearing a helmet can save insurance companies money

Roman529
11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I can't think of anyone who died on a motorcycle, but I know Gary Busey hasn't been the same since he wrecked his bike, and the same for Ben Roethlisberger.

I think the main argument you should address in your paper is the costs of not wearing a helmet. Many guys show up in emergencies rooms with head injuries that will affect them for the rest of their lives.