PDA

View Full Version : Freeman to start for Canes

Motion
11-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Sophmore Kirby Freeman gets his first career start for the Canes against Maryland this week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2654483

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-09-2006, 01:48 PM
i liked what they did with him in the one drive he played against va tech. they did a little zone-read spread offense, and he had a real long run. i don't know if miami has ever done that, but why not? the pro-style stuff isn't working for them.

Alex44
11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Im glad he is getting the start, from what I hear he was pretty highly recruited and has potential. Time to see what he can do with his chance

Kdawg954
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Yep . . . Kyle looked to be the next "Great" QB at the "U", but I think in the end . . . the lack of a good teacher/coach messed up his whole football career. He has everything u could want in a pro style QB, but the kid's head is completely messed up.

Kirby definetly is one of those "mobile" QB's, but I think he can do a few things . . . nothing can be worse than what we have seen from Kyle this year. When u struggle to put 20 points on Duke, u know u have problems.

HysterikiLL
11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Kyle and Brady Quinn came out of the same class. There's an example of a guy who was put in the right situation, and a victim of circumstances. I guess putting Freeman in there can't hurt. It's been a nightmare so far for The U.