PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here love Chile?

Alex44
11-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Theres nothing like a good bowl of Chile, my mom made a huge pot last night and Im eating some more now, I like to add shredded cheese, hot sauce, and Cajun spices to it.

I figured since all these other foods had threads the Chile lovers should unite :D

Anyone know anywhere in South Florida you can get a real good bowl? I havent found a restaurant that made me really want their Chile, Im hoping that can change

cnc66
11-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I make good Chili...I am JONESING for Taco's AND Chili....... when the part where the tooth was with the sutures heals, I'll be cooking up a big pot.

GreenMachine
11-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Theres nothing like a good bowl of Chile, my mom made a huge pot last night and Im eating some more now, I like to add shredded cheese, hot sauce, and Cajun spices to it.

I figured since all these other foods had threads the Chile lovers should unite :D

Anyone know anywhere in South Florida you can get a real good bowl? I havent found a restaurant that made me really want their Chile, Im hoping that can change
Chile is a country.
Chili is a delicious dish.

carry on.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-09-2006, 02:29 PM
i hear it's glorious there this time of the year. never been, but i'm definitely planning on it. it's so thin!

cnc66
11-09-2006, 02:38 PM
i hear it's glorious there this time of the year. never been, but i'm definitely planning on it. it's so thin!

I think CrunchTime is down there now, with the US Skiing team

Alex44
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Chile is a country.

carry on.

:lol: Nice job catching that, not sure why I didnt realize it. Probally since I type fast and then use spell check and it came up right anyway.

Roman529
11-09-2006, 02:53 PM
You know what pisses me off about Chili Alex????

The Chili without beans cost twice as much as the chili with beans. :tantrum:

Colorado Dolfan
11-09-2006, 02:57 PM
You know what pisses me off about Chili Alex????

The Chili without beans cost twice as much as the chili with beans. :tantrum:

Just get all the folks you'll be hanging out with to pay the extra cost... After all, you are saving them a world of hurt... :eek:

steeda
11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
You gotta put the chili on white rice, makes it even better!

The Rev
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I make some good chili. I use brown sugar to give that sweetness. :wink:

Mike13
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Wendys makes good chilli.

cnc66
11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Wendys makes good chilli.

hahahahaha, even "I" can't fix that stuff.

I buy a sirloin and get it coarse ground, use fresh tomatoes and several different kinds of peppers..chili's jalapeno's bell's... onions, fresh chilantro and start the simmer. Add spices...chili powder, cummin, black pepper and everglades, watch football and tweak to taste. I often make salsa and quacamole while I'm screwing around. First day, just as it is. Next day I will add some kidney beans...sometimes black beans, to "change" it and I make white rice so it becomes a different meal. I favor Cuban crackers but saltines are just fine. ..... put some Melinda's habanero hurt you sauce on the table for reckless abandon, plenty of beverage, good to go.

Roman529
11-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Chili is good with a can of Budweiser added to the mix. :tongue:

Quelonio
11-09-2006, 04:42 PM
that made me really want their Chile, Im hoping that can change

See if you where mexican, and or if there where many more mexicans here (instead of just like 6 of us) we could all tell you that this particular frase and every one else out there that is longing for some chile... well let us just say that they are a tad gayish.

Alex44
11-09-2006, 04:45 PM

I buy a sirloin and get it coarse ground, use fresh tomatoes and several different kinds of peppers..chili's jalapeno's bell's... onions, fresh chilantro and start the simmer. Add spices...chili powder, cummin, black pepper and everglades, watch football and tweak to taste. I often make salsa and quacamole while I'm screwing around. First day, just as it is. Next day I will add some kidney beans...sometimes black beans, to "change" it and I make white rice so it becomes a different meal. I favor Cuban crackers but saltines are just fine. ..... put some Melinda's habanero hurt you sauce on the table for reckless abandon, plenty of beverage, good to go.

Your invited over to cook for me :lol:

cnc66
11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
See if you where mexican, and or if there where many more mexicans here (instead of just like 6 of us) we could all tell you that this particular frase and every one else out there that is longing for some chile... well let us just say that they are a tad gayish.

for real ??? that's hilarious, is that what you call yer wankers or something...lil' chili's ?

phrase :wink:

Perfect23
11-09-2006, 04:50 PM
The Skyline down in Cincinatti mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.

BennyVW
11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Chili is good with a can of Budweiser added to the mix. :tongue:

I throw in Budweiser in my mix also...mix it up and let it chill in the crock pot till the game ends...

Quelonio
11-10-2006, 02:45 AM
for real ??? that's hilarious, is that what you call yer wankers or something...lil' chili's ?

phrase :wink:

YEs, it is one of the ways.. generally used in jokes, or to harass women...

DonShula84
11-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Chile is a country.

carry on.

:lol: I thought this was refering to the country at first also

I do enjoy Chili though, I'd probably like Chile also come to think about it

gillderais
11-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Chili con carne

HMMMMM delicious

HelenaBucket
11-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Here's my favorite recipe for vegetarian chili (which really isn't chili at all. If you know beans about chili, it doesn't contain beans at all!) complete with chocolate, the food of the gods. While that sounds odd, it adds richness to color and intensifies the flavors. I like it served with cornbread.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice, or one 16-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
5 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate

In a stockpot, over medium heat, cook the oil, garlic, onion, and green pepper until slightly softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, vegetable broth, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Before serving, stir in the chocolate until melted.

Keep It: Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 4 months. Freeze individual servings in heavy-duty zipper bags.

poornate
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
...if it doesn't have corn in it all it's good for is to top a hotdog with....

ChrisKo
11-10-2006, 04:04 PM

CHILI HAS NO BEANS!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKo
11-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Here's my favorite recipe for vegetarian chili (which really isn't chili at all. If you know beans about chili, it doesn't contain beans at all!) complete with chocolate, the food of the gods. While that sounds odd, it adds richness to color and intensifies the flavors. I like it served with cornbread.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice, or one 16-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
5 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt

In a stockpot, over medium heat, cook the oil, garlic, onion, and green pepper until slightly softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, vegetable broth, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Before serving, stir in the chocolate until melted.

Keep It: Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 4 months. Freeze individual servings in heavy-duty zipper bags.

CHILI HAS NO BEANS!!!!!!

ChrisKo
11-10-2006, 04:07 PM
You people want real Chili? Come visit south Texas or at least do yourselves a favor and read this - http://www.sheilaomalley.com/archives/001163.html

cnc66
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
CHILI HAS NO BEANS!!!!!!!!!

maybe you missed the part about the first day... the part with no beans.... the homemade part with no beans....

geeez..next time why not offer us YOUR recipie before trashing everyone elses... not something you read on the internet.

Perfect23
11-11-2006, 01:44 AM

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
5 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt

:tsk:

ih8brady
11-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Chili is great....Chile looks like a great place too. ;)

TotoreMexico
11-11-2006, 02:58 AM

:chuckle:

Vol&dolfan
11-11-2006, 03:40 AM
I hate veggie chilis. Peppers are cool cause it makes it hotter but when u start adding tomato chucks and onions and all the other veggies makes it worse. I like my chili with meat some peppers and beans. Oh yea and add a bit of hot sauce.

Miamian
11-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Chili can be made with chicken too and it's really good. But, if you add hot peppers, you have to chop the chicken very finely. For whatever reason I don't know leaving the meat in chunks releases a blast of heat when you bite into them. I have high heat tolerance and I couldn't hack it.