PDA

View Full Version : Landry FS, bell SS, Allen CB?

SR 7
11-10-2006, 05:17 AM
do you guys think that miami wo0uld pick landry if bell comes out welL? and plz, to those taht say we wont go S 2 years in a row, dont respond. I want a response not a biased one or an already have there mind set on one thing response.

I mean, woudl we draft landry and move allen to CB and have landry play FS? i think he is more of a SS to me but not sure. he played his best whit saban and he will konw the system from the get go. plus, fills a hole by moving allen to FS but i think i woudl rather have allen at FS then a CB.

A cover 2 looks horrible without ball hwaking S so thats hwy its a strong consideration although allen and bell are ballhawking S but since we need a CB as well maybe allen goes there.

Boomer, got any takes on this?

Daunt8TDChris84
11-10-2006, 06:39 AM
yea draft landry if available,but draft quinn if there.

if landry is there and quinn is taken i agree move jason to cb, cause landry has been playing this defense 4 years and he gonna play big early for us.

But if quinn there we can not skip a future H.O.F. francise QB.

WPBtoRNOFinFan
11-10-2006, 07:09 AM

if landry is there and quinn is taken i agree move jason to cb, cause landry has been playing this defense 4 years and he gonna play big early for us.

I hope that last statement was sarcasm.

chewski
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
No more safetys, Pat Willis, LB, ole miss. We need that play making outside Lb we have been searching for a long time. I still think we missed on not taking Manny Lawson this year and losing on the Arrington signing. We have crowdwer, the air apparent to Zach and weak side guys we can find repalcements for.

sensation24
11-10-2006, 09:30 AM

Funny how even your username has Daunte in it, so you must have at one point been a daunte supporter at one fickle time, but yeah, lets draft an unproven qb and say he might be a future HOF that we can't afford to pass up.:sidelol:

CitizenSnips
11-10-2006, 09:39 AM
No more safetys, Pat Willis, LB, ole miss. We need that play making outside Lb we have been searching for a long time. I still think we missed on not taking Manny Lawson this year and losing on the Arrington signing. We have crowdwer, the air apparent to Zach and weak side guys we can find repalcements for.

Patrick willis is clearly an Inside LB, and hes one that simply couldn't play the outside spot. We'd need a pass rushing LB, willis is not that.

CitizenSnips
11-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Funny how even your username has Daunte in it, so you must have at one point been a daunte supporter at one fickle time, but yeah, lets draft an unproven qb and say he might be a future HOF that we can't afford to pass up.:sidelol:

or maybe he just beleives in best player available, and no matter where we are in the draft, if Quinns on the board, Hes the best player available. Its not a knock on Daunte. Even Daunte look pretty stupid if he wasn't for drafting Quinn if he was there.

Silverphin
11-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Patrick willis is clearly an Inside LB, and hes one that simply couldn't play the outside spot. We'd need a pass rushing LB, willis is not that.

What about Gaine Adams? I think he's a DE/OLB prospect (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be nice to draft Jason Taylors EVENTUAL replacement.

SamTodd
11-10-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't know much about gain adams but if Quentin Moses is there i say we pick him because hes a jason taylor type guy mabey a lil more beefier and can really rush out on the edge, hes only 240-250 lbs and could probally drop back into coverage.

Vertical Limit
11-10-2006, 11:33 AM
And what exactly has Daunte Culpepper proved in the NFL? :rolleyes:

nuttie_buddie
11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
First thing we dont need a QB.....Daunte is starting next year and joey will back him up......now drafting a OLB will be fine if and only if we dont get briggs....which i may remind you said he wants to be a dolphin next year....if that happens I would like us to draft Landry or Calvin Johnson...i seen both play....and both are really good.....i beleive that they need another receiver w/ good hands(it doent look like anyone of the young guns r good...like they had enough chances:shakeno: ) have chris booker johnson and welker as are starter and Vick and hagans as backups....or improve are secondary w/ landry...either way i am happy:wink:

SQuinn17
11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
No more safetys, Pat Willis, LB, ole miss. We need that play making outside Lb we have been searching for a long time. I still think we missed on not taking Manny Lawson this year and losing on the Arrington signing. We have crowdwer, the air apparent to Zach and weak side guys we can find repalcements for. yes...if we cant draft cj, i wanna ballin lb

Dolfan_Noles
11-10-2006, 12:12 PM
It would be a tough call whether to go LB or DB, so I love Landry...

Mike13
11-10-2006, 12:20 PM

He is a good QB, but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to nominate him for the Hall.\\

Itsdahumidity
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
do you guys think that miami wo0uld pick landry if bell comes out welL? and plz, to those taht say we wont go S 2 years in a row, dont respond. I want a response not a biased one or an already have there mind set on one thing response.

I mean, woudl we draft landry and move allen to CB and have landry play FS? i think he is more of a SS to me but not sure. he played his best whit saban and he will konw the system from the get go. plus, fills a hole by moving allen to FS but i think i woudl rather have allen at FS then a CB.

A cover 2 looks horrible without ball hwaking S so thats hwy its a strong consideration although allen and bell are ballhawking S but since we need a CB as well maybe allen goes there.

Boomer, got any takes on this?

SR 7, imo if Landry is there when we pick you best believe Saban will snatch him up. He desperately needs that qb of the 2ndary and what

safety coming out knows the schemes better than Landry?
I know J Allen was being groomed to play FS but I think we'll gladly shift someone over to SS.

As far as YB goes, I love his playmaking ability but you can't rely on him remaining healthy[crosses fingers] for a long period of time.

Silverphin
11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
SR 7, imo if Landry is there when we pick you best believe Saban will snatch him up. He desperately needs that qb of the 2ndary and what

safety coming out knows the schemes better than Landry?
I know J Allen was being groomed to play FS but I think we'll gladly shift someone over to SS.

As far as YB goes, I love his playmaking ability but you can't rely on him remaining healthy[crosses fingers] for a long period of time.

One can say the same about Channing Crowder. But I don't see a lot people worrying about it (I'm definitely not).

jonkruse
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
And what exactly has Daunte Culpepper proved in the NFL? :rolleyes:

I hope you weren't serious about that comment..:rolleyes:

Daunt8TDChris84
11-10-2006, 01:57 PM

i guess thats what the jets though about marino also :rolleyes:

and i still support daunte but if hes not the old daunte draft quinn.

jonkruse
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM

I don't think we would draft Landry BECAUSE of the fact we already drafted Jason Allen, nothing biased about that. He's a safety and hopefully he'll be bred as a safety and not switch him up.I'm also happy with Bell back there. I don't want to do what the Lions did numerous years in a row, but on offense, draft the same position three years in a row. I think it would be mindless and moronic IMHO. What would I hope for? Hopefully we could pick up a high powered offensive weapon, IE Calvin Johnson. And if we did go defense,which i wouldn't be suprised because of the way Saban is(defensive minded), but if we did I'd be happy with an OLB depending on where we picked in the draft. Sure, laRon Landry is good and could be very good in the nfl, i just don't think we're int he right position to draft him. And as for Brady Quinn, i have two words: OVER..RATED.

DolphanD
11-10-2006, 02:01 PM
nfldraftcountdown.com has us selecting Gaines Adams from Clemson. At 6'5", 257 Lbs they say he is a DE/OLB hybrid who could attack the QB. Quentin Moses is another guy who could be a DE/OLB hybrid at 6'5", 260 Lbs.

Laron Landry would definitely upgrade our safety position and he has the potential to be the next Ed Reed-type, game-changing safety. If Yeremiah plays well the rest of the year at SS, I wouldn't see any reason why Jason Allen couldn't be shifted to CB, the position many in the NFL had him pegged to be playing. Then there's the CBs like Texas' Aaron Ross, Michigan's Leon Hall, and Marcus McCauley from Fresno St. All of which could help out greatly.

As for offense, I'll focus on OL and we have ofcourse Joe Thomas at the top. Then we have Jake Long, Sam Baker, and Guard Justin Blalock. At WR there's several guys with 1st round potential but I only see a couple who could come into Miami's team and have great success. Ted Ginn would be the speed guy we've needed forever. Calvin Johnson, I haven't seen too much of him but if he's what the critics are saying he is, with his size he could be our #1 WR soon. I see Dwayne Jarrett as more of a 2nd round guy because he seems too much in the mold of fellow USC alum Mike Williams.

If some juniors decide to enter this could be another very talented draft class.

postermaster
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I agree, we must draft wether Landry or Calvin Johnson and wait for Daunte to recover at 100%...

One of those 2 additions would be phenomenal, but Landry would be a major need covered...

Mike13
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
i guess thats what the jets though about marino also :rolleyes:

and i still support daunte but if hes not the old daunte draft quinn.

Rarely is there a QB with that kind of talent.

jonkruse
11-10-2006, 02:04 PM

I'll second that..:rolleyes:

SR 7
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know much about gain adams but if Quentin Moses is there i say we pick him because hes a jason taylor type guy mabey a lil more beefier and can really rush out on the edge, hes only 240-250 lbs and could probally drop back into coverage.

240 is not beefy for a DE aqnd JT is about 265 so that kinda doesnt work.
Adams is clearly the JT mold and the far better DE prospetc as oppose to moses. he just hasn't had the year many thought he would have.

SR 7
11-10-2006, 02:33 PM
First thing we dont need a QB.....Daunte is starting next year and joey will back him up......now drafting a OLB will be fine if and only if we dont get briggs....which i may remind you said he wants to be a dolphin next year....if that happens I would like us to draft Landry or Calvin Johnson...i seen both play....and both are really good.....i beleive that they need another receiver w/ good hands(it doent look like anyone of the young guns r good...like they had enough chances:shakeno: ) have chris booker johnson and welker as are starter and Vick and hagans as backups....or improve are secondary w/ landry...either way i am happy:wink:

booker is gone netx year. and briggs said he NEVER said that the following day and remember he wants to be paid as the TOP LB in teh game. Aint happenin

SR 7
11-10-2006, 02:38 PM
nfldraftcountdown.com has us selecting Gaines Adams from Clemson. At 6'5", 257 Lbs they say he is a DE/OLB hybrid who could attack the QB. Quentin Moses is another guy who could be a DE/OLB hybrid at 6'5", 260 Lbs.

Laron Landry would definitely upgrade our safety position and he has the potential to be the next Ed Reed-type, game-changing safety. If Yeremiah plays well the rest of the year at SS, I wouldn't see any reason why Jason Allen couldn't be shifted to CB, the position many in the NFL had him pegged to be playing. Then there's the CBs like Texas' Aaron Ross, Michigan's Leon Hall, and Marcus McCauley from Fresno St. All of which could help out greatly.

As for offense, I'll focus on OL and we have ofcourse Joe Thomas at the top. Then we have Jake Long, Sam Baker, and Guard Justin Blalock. At WR there's several guys with 1st round potential but I only see a couple who could come into Miami's team and have great success. Ted Ginn would be the speed guy we've needed forever. Calvin Johnson, I haven't seen too much of him but if he's what the critics are saying he is, with his size he could be our #1 WR soon. I see Dwayne Jarrett as more of a 2nd round guy because he seems too much in the mold of fellow USC alum Mike Williams.

If some juniors decide to enter this could be another very talented draft class.

i madea thread of all the players we may consider with videos especially CJ. check it out.. hes amazing. btw, is it Jarret or Smith that runs bad routes? cna't recall well.

nuttie_buddie
11-10-2006, 03:39 PM
booker is gone netx year. and briggs said he NEVER said that the following day and remember he wants to be paid as the TOP LB in teh game. Aint happeninwell i did not know you could read the future....sooo how old will i be when i die:shakeno:

Miami1
11-11-2006, 02:03 AM
I think its still too early to be thinking about draft picks for next year. I also think that theres no way they draft Quinn, even if he is available. He is nothing more than another Rick Mirer, over rated and will not make it in the NFL.

primetime23
11-11-2006, 02:27 AM

have u seen gaines play? the guy has more than talent hes a leader he single handled beat wf. hes the best defesive player in the draft

Daunt8TDChris84
11-11-2006, 04:33 AM

YUP YOURE RIGHT the bengals and colts mustve though of the same thing.:rolleyes:

MCMike81
11-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Well for the longest time i was against drafting OL with a top pick, until i saw the dolphins line this year. I really think that it would be in the teams best interest to draft a linemen in the first round seeing as how that is by far the teams weakest link. Yet if you want to go the secondary route, IMO i think we keep Allen at safety and draft Leon Hall from Michigan if i could describe this kid in one word...STUD. Best Db in the nation. we need corners not safeties

Flippah
11-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I would go for Landry just because, Saban had already been speaking of putting J. Allen at corner next season...

mmikel30
11-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Well for the longest time i was against drafting OL with a top pick, until i saw the dolphins line this year. I really think that it would be in the teams best interest to draft a linemen in the first round seeing as how that is by far the teams weakest link. Yet if you want to go the secondary route, IMO i think we keep Allen at safety and draft Leon Hall from Michigan if i could describe this kid in one word...STUD. Best Db in the nation. we need corners not safetiesahh.. someone with some intellegence

phinking
11-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I say we sign either Buffalo's Nate Clements or New England's Asante Samuel at CB in free agency, the we could have one of those guys with CB Will Allen, SS Yerimiah Bell FS Jason Allen and Travis Daniel at Nickle.

DolphanD
11-11-2006, 12:36 PM
But we greatly need an OLB who can play opposite JT. I don't see Spragan coming back, unless it's for the vet-minimum and I think Saban really wanted Kamerion Wimbley last draft but he got scooped up by the Browns and is having a solid rookie season. And an update on Manny Lawson, he looks lost in SF's defense. Also Bobby Carpenter may not be cut out for the roles of either an ILB or OLB in a 3-4 scheme. So for the defensive players that were available to us at the 16th selection, none are doing too well except for Cromartie who is looking good as a nickel corner. And maybe Jonathan Joseph is starting to play better also. But it goes to show Jason Allen is not the only defensive guy struggling from this past draft's 1st round. And he did have a PD and INT last game. Maybe by season's end he's starting in place of Renaldo Hill, who isn't showing much.

PhinSoldia
11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
i disagree simply because there is will allen and andre goodman who is stepping up his play.. we have Daniels wo has had an injury year but is still our top guy... Bell has shown from that he is the starter and Jason is showing that he can play well and ossible start at safety...if there was DB that we needed it would have been a shut down corner....not another safety...i dont think that Jason will play straight corner next year but in different packages..but next year expect him to start at safety

DolphanD
11-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Well for the longest time i was against drafting OL with a top pick, until i saw the dolphins line this year. I really think that it would be in the teams best interest to draft a linemen in the first round seeing as how that is by far the teams weakest link. Yet if you want to go the secondary route, IMO i think we keep Allen at safety and draft Leon Hall from Michigan if i could describe this kid in one word...STUD. Best Db in the nation. we need corners not safeties

Aaron Ross is looking like he'll be fighting with Leon Hall to be the 1st CB taken in this April's draft. And it's a close race.

miami234ever
11-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Quentin Moses.

Disgustipate
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Jason Allen isnt going to play CB unless there is some kind of emergency. Saban has said he could play CB, but he's also said safety is what he is going to end up at.

I think it's also unlikely Miami would draft another safety high even without Bell. Having two elite safeties tends to have diminishing returns.

PhinsRDbest
11-11-2006, 05:21 PM
If they end up drafting 5-15 I believe Landry would be the best pick for the Dolphins. Landry and Jason playing safety not too shaby. But if they're draft 1-5: Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson has to be their pick.

dolphinfan0762
11-11-2006, 10:53 PM
:dolphins: i think its time to draft an offensive linemen in the 1st round. i mean.... just look at all the better teams in the league.