PDA

View Full Version : what has happened to the ACC?

FLOUNDER
11-12-2006, 04:23 AM
Usually around this time any other year were talking about the miamis, the florida states, the virginia techs trying to get to a BCS

But Wake Forrest? Georgia Tech?

What is up with the ACC this year guys??

305TillIDie
11-12-2006, 04:53 AM
yeah..its been a down year for the conference...Miami and FSU has atleast 4 loses in conference play :nono:

Wake, BC and Maryland have gain respect in our conference..hopefully the canes can bounce back next year with a new coach..we need a change badly then ever

DonShula84
11-12-2006, 05:09 AM
I wouldnt mind ND playing the ACC champ in a BCS game that's for sure.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah..its been a down year for the conference...Miami and FSU has atleast 4 loses in conference play :nono:

Wake, BC and Maryland have gain respect in our conference..hopefully the canes can bounce back next year with a new coach..we need a change badly then ever

It was a down year last year too sending a 4 loss team to the Orange Bowl

Kev83
11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I know...are they the new "Big Eas(y)t?

We'll see.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I know...are they the new "Big Eas(y)t?

We'll see.

I think in the history of the BCS the ACC has only won 2 BCS bowls.....ever! And one was a 4 loss FSU team last year

Kev83
11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
I think in the history of the BCS the ACC has only won 2 BCS bowls.....ever! And one was a 4 loss FSU team last year

I'm too lazy to look this up, but if that's true...WOW.

dolphinsfan69
11-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Fla. State lost to Penn State last year, if i remember correctly.

FLOUNDER
11-12-2006, 03:20 PM
The big easy you say? well its a shame that "big easy" went down to georgia and whooped them bulldogs after everybody said it couldnt be done...

We'll show you the big easy in early jan.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Fla. State lost to Penn State last year, if i remember correctly. for the record, you're not allowed to quote someone else in your signature.

and for the record, georgia tech is going to the ACC Championship and clemson isn't. :wink:

MikeO
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Fla. State lost to Penn State last year, if i remember correctly.

my bad, your correct. PENN ST won

MikeO
11-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm too lazy to look this up, but if that's true...WOW.

BCS started in 1998...ACC has 1 win

2005--FSU lost to Penn ST
2004---VT lost to Auburn
2003--FSU lost to Miami
2002--FSU lost to Georgia
2001--Maryland lost to Florida
2000---FSU lost to Oklahoma
*1999--FSU beat VT
1998--FSU lost to Tennesee

Dors156
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Go MARYLAND:woot:

Bumpus
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Karma...

:chuckle:

That's what they get for raiding another conference.

kpcane
11-14-2006, 11:38 AM
How many BCS wins does Miami have? Since we're including Miami in the ACC talk, and talking about ACC wins, let's include Miami and their 3 (?) maybe more BCS wins.

Motion
11-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Go MARYLAND:woot:

Fear the Turtle!

Cuban Dave 9
11-14-2006, 12:05 PM
How many BCS wins does Miami have? Since we're including Miami in the ACC talk, and talking about ACC wins, let's include Miami and their 3 (?) maybe more BCS wins.
Why? They won it in the Big East

Bumpus
11-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Fear the Turtle!
:lol: That always cracked me up. :lol:

Maryland does look pretty good this year, but um ... remind me again, how did they do in Morgantown this year?:tongue: (just razzin' ya a bit)

MikeO
11-14-2006, 01:18 PM

You can't do that!:shakeno: :shakeno:

Especially since they BEAT an ACC team once in a BCS bowl.

The ACC has sent their conf champ to a BCS bowl from 1998 till now... and in that time span that ACC champ has only 1 BCS bowl win. . You can't go changing numbers to make it look better for ya. :shakeno:

Motion
11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
:lol: That always cracked me up. :lol:

Maryland does look pretty good this year, but um ... remind me again, how did they do in Morgantown this year?:tongue: (just razzin' ya a bit)

:lol: Me too, who's scared of a turtle?

Its cool, I'm not that big of a fan. I watch when I can.

Cuban Dave 9
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM

The ACC has sent their conf champ to a BCS bowl from 1998 till now... and in that time span that ACC champ has only 1 BCS bowl win. . You can't go changing numbers to make it look better for ya. :shakeno:
:yeahthat:

kpcane
11-15-2006, 07:37 PM

What you can't do is talk about the ACC since 1998 til now, because I don't know if you've been living under a rock but the ACC has changed! The ACC can be talked about between 1998-2003, and 2004-present, because the ACC meant two different things between those two times.
How does it look better for me? I go to UM, and we have our BCS wins, it doesn't matter what conference we were in. But don't go around including Miami into this "ACC mediocrity since 98" bullcrap, when this is only our 3rd season in the ACC.
It's just so funny to see people kick miami while they're down...it's going to be so sweet when we come back next year, with kirby, baby j, and a new coach.

kpcane
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
:yeahthat:

yeah, support the argument that makes no sense...that makes you look good :rolleyes:

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah, support the argument that makes no sense...that makes you look good :rolleyes:
who the hell are you?

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 10:28 PM
What you can't do is talk about the ACC since 1998 til now, because I don't know if you've been living under a rock but the ACC has changed! The ACC can be talked about between 1998-2003, and 2004-present, because the ACC meant two different things between those two times.
How does it look better for me? I go to UM, and we have our BCS wins, it doesn't matter what conference we were in. But don't go around including Miami into this "ACC mediocrity since 98" bullcrap, when this is only our 3rd season in the ACC.
It's just so funny to see people kick miami while they're down...it's going to be so sweet when we come back next year, with kirby, baby j, and a new coach.
Kick Miami when its down? I believe all he said was that Miami beat ACC teams in the past

Dors156
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
:lol: Me too, who's scared of a turtle?

Its cool, I'm not that big of a fan. I watch when I can.
yea i never got it either:lol:

but thats all i hear around me

i mean if a turtle attacked me i wouldnt really be scared but if a gator would i would F****** run:lol:

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
yea i never got it either:lol:

but thats all i hear around me

i mean if a turtle attacked me i wouldnt really be scared but if a gator would i would F****** run:lol:
Just flip the turtle around...what's it gonna do then :D

kpcane
11-15-2006, 11:18 PM
who the hell are you?

I'm sorry, you're known??

Seeing as how I have over 350 more posts than you, I'd have more of a right saying that than you.

kpcane
11-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Kick Miami when its down? I believe all he said was that Miami beat ACC teams in the past

yeah that's what he said in the last post, that's true.....nice reading skills

Cuban Dave 9
11-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry, you're known??

Seeing as how I have over 350 more posts than you, I'd have more of a right saying that than you.
Congrats...you have less of a life than me :clap:

kpcane
11-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Congrats...you have less of a life than me :clap:

way to dodge the argument...man, your posts are just getting better and better

Cuban Dave 9
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Why? They won it in the Big East
Who's avoiding the argument?

kpcane
11-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Who's avoiding the argument?

well, I thought I answered that already...but that still doesn't mean you weren't avoiding either...

all I'm saying is that you can't talk about the current state of the ACC by how it was when it was completely different in '98...I mean what are we really arguing about...the ACC or the teams in the ACC? To argue about the ACC is kinda pointless, because it's just a label...we're talking about the teams in the ACC - and the teams in the ACC right now have more than one BCS win since '98.

Cuban Dave 9
11-16-2006, 11:11 AM
It's a label that gets you in the BCS over C-USA, MAC, WAC, etc. And you're right about the ACC being different back in '98. The conference was deeper as far as teams. You know FSU and UM will be back...It's just a down year for the ACC. I am sure the original topic was all about that. To put Big East wins in the ACC is sandbaggery.

kpcane
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
It's a label that gets you in the BCS over C-USA, MAC, WAC, etc. And you're right about the ACC being different back in '98. The conference was deeper as far as teams. You know FSU and UM will be back...It's just a down year for the ACC. I am sure the original topic was all about that. To put Big East wins in the ACC is sandbaggery.

Right, right...the label is important, but we're not talking about the fall of the label, we're talking about the fall of the teams that have the label. The ACC was not deeper back then, are you serious? There are 6 ranked teams in the ACC right now, and that does NOT include two of the more talented teams in Miami and FSU. This conference is very deep right now, and with Butch joining UNC, and FSU and Miami coming back up next year, we may be rivaling the SEC as far as intraconference competitiveness.
If you want to label "ACC wins" you have to divide it into two different time periods...so in the past two seasons, the ACC has 0 BCS wins...I can accept that argument.

kpcane
11-19-2006, 02:52 PM
bump for the guy who doesn't know what acc thread I'm talking about