PDA

View Full Version : We sorta have a 4 team playoff.....

MikeO
11-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Ohio St-Mich winner will make the final game

And the USC-ND winner will probably make the final game (granted USC must also beat Cal).

But, those 2 winners will probably meet.

Rutgers only shot is for Cal to beat USC then for USC to beat ND. And have Florida lose. (which isn't impossible but unlikely). I think Florida shot themselves in the foot yesterday and they will get jumped by USC in the polls. Not to mention I can see Florida losing again.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
if UF wins out, they deserve the #3 spot over USC easily. and we all know the pollsters have a short-term memory. on december 2nd, USC would beat UCLA and UF would beat Arkansas. they'll be far more impressed with the arkansas win. and i don't think USC wins out anyway..

Motion
11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
if UF wins out, they deserve the #3 spot over USC easily. and we all know the pollsters have a short-term memory. on december 2nd, USC would beat UCLA and UF would beat Arkansas. they'll be far more impressed with the arkansas win. and i don't think USC wins out anyway..

:yeahthat:

As of right now, I see USC and Florida very close. Up to this point Florida has the tougher schedule easily. However, if USC manages to beat both Cal and ND, then I think Florida would need a convincing win over Arkansas to beat them. I'll be the first to admit Florida is struggling right now, hopefully they pull it together.

Amars
11-12-2006, 12:53 PM
:yeahthat:

As of right now, I see USC and Florida very close. Up to this point Florida has the tougher schedule easily. However, if USC manages to beat both Cal and ND, then I think Florida would need a convincing win over Arkansas to beat them. I'll be the first to admit Florida is struggling right now, hopefully they pull it together.

Style points. A playoff system will make this easier.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
If USC ends the year beating Oregon, Cal, and ND........... their going over Florida

And if NOTRE DAME beats USC, their going over Florida.

Late in years ND gets the trampoline effect. Because the media and tv guys want ND there. So the poll people will vote them higher than they probably should be.

A Ohio St vs Notre Dame game for the NATIONAL TITLE would be the highest rated football game ever!!!

Motion
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM

:yes:

Amars
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
If USC ends the year beating Oregon, Cal, and ND........... their going over Florida

I agree. They have a slightly tougher schedule then Florida. By year end the schedule is tougher then UF.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-12-2006, 12:59 PM
but it would also make a lot of games a lot less important. texas losing to kansas state wouldn't be that drastic, but it SHOULD.

Amars
11-12-2006, 01:00 PM
but it would also make a lot of games a lot less important. texas losing to kansas state wouldn't be that drastic, but it SHOULD.

Ya I understand that aspect too.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 01:02 PM

A playoff will never happen. Because then your going to start playing college football games in JANUARY.

What happens in January.....the other $$$$$$ sport in college, basketball, starts with CONFERENCE games. You think the NCAA or ESPN wants UNC-DUKE, Syracuse-UCONN, or Arizona-UCLA going up against a NCAA football playoff game???

And you can't play these college football playoff games on the weekend because NFL playoff games take place on the weekends in January.

A college playoff will never happen. Just root for a +1 game!!

Motion
11-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Thats my only complaint about a playoff. One of the greatest things about College Football is every single game counts big time.

Motion
11-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I agree. They have a slightly tougher schedule then Florida. By year end the schedule is tougher then UF.

I really don't see it. I think they just hit their tough stretches at different times. USC finishes the year tough and Florida's was mid season.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Thats my only complaint about a playoff. One of the greatest things about College Football is every single game counts big time.

Yep.

It would make next weeks OHIO ST-Michigan game seem like an NFL Preseason game.

Neither team would want to show too much. Both teams would be in the playoff win or lose. Both teams would be resting starters and running a limited playbook

Motion
11-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Yep.

It would make next weeks OHIO ST-Michigan game seem like an NFL Preseason game.

Neither team would want to show too much. Both teams would be in the playoff win or lose. Both teams would be resting starters and running a limited playbook

Yeah, I don't wanna see that.

IN-FIN-ITY
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM
:dolphins: FLORIDA GATORS WILL BE THERE........... :dolphins: .

Amars
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I really don't see it. I think they just hit their tough stretches at different times. USC finishes the year tough and Florida's was mid season.

Championship are won in november.

Motion
11-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Championship are won in november.
No doubt, we have a big Championship Game ahead. I really think a big win in that game could put us over. Who knows, lot of football left. Gators definitely need to step up.

Amars
11-12-2006, 01:24 PM
No doubt, we have a big Championship Game ahead. I really think a big win in that game could put us over. Who knows, lot of football left. Gators definitely need to step up.

that definately gonna be a big game regardless of what happens to USC because media darling the Patriots I mean ND is right there also.

ganooch
11-12-2006, 01:43 PM
From what I have seen so far this year, Florida would get waxed by either Michigan or ohio state. They were very luck to escape yesterday's game against South Carolina with a win.

SECfootball
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Arkansas could make it pending -

Ohio State beats Michigan
Notre Dame beats USC
WVU beats Rutgers (may not even matter)
Arkansas wins out beating Miss. St., LSU, and Florida

The computers would love Arkansas with wins over Auburn, Tennesse, LSU, and Florida. We could quite possibly jump ND & Michigan in this unlikely scenario.

Cuban Dave 9
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Ohio St-Mich winner will make the final game

And the USC-ND winner will probably make the final game (granted USC must also beat Cal).

But, those 2 winners will probably meet.

Rutgers only shot is for Cal to beat USC then for USC to beat ND. And have Florida lose. (which isn't impossible but unlikely). I think Florida shot themselves in the foot yesterday and they will get jumped by USC in the polls. Not to mention I can see Florida losing again.
Florida #3 in both polls...D'oh! :smackhead :grouplaug :nana: :rasp:

Cuban Dave 9
11-12-2006, 04:39 PM
From what I have seen so far this year, Florida would get waxed by either Michigan or ohio state. They were very luck to escape yesterday's game against South Carolina with a win.
3 blocked kicks is hardly lucky...it's called good special teams

Amars
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM

The jump more likely wont be until after the Notre Dame game if they win out.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
The jump more likely wont be until after the Notre Dame game if they win out.

yep! :lol:

Amars
11-12-2006, 06:03 PM

USC # 3 in harris poll

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-12-2006, 07:32 PM
5 blocked punts/kicks in 2 weeks.

DonShula84
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
that definately gonna be a big game regardless of what happens to USC because media darling the Patriots I mean ND is right there also.

lol a USC fan saying ND is the media darlings

If Florida wins out they will get the title over ND, and I cant really argue that they dont deserve it more.

Cuban Dave 9
11-12-2006, 08:13 PM
USC # 3 in harris poll
More importantly, Florida #3 in BCS

Cuban Dave 9
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
More importantly, Florida #3 in BCS
D'oh!:escape:

Amars
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
D'oh!:escape:

Dont count all your gator yet. :lol:

Still alot of football to play.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
lol a USC fan saying ND is the media darlings

If Florida wins out they will get the title over ND, and I cant really argue that they dont deserve it more.

Im not so sure about that. ND has the trampoline effect. Because TV networks and media people want them as its a better story all around, they vote them higher than they should at times. Because they are a national team, even the coaches vote them higher at times because EVERYONE knows what ND did the day before!

If ND wins out I could easily see them in the final game. And I hate ND, but fact is fact. ND has the trampoline effect!!! They leap people easily especially in November!!

DBoston80
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Im not so sure about that. ND has the trampoline effect. Because TV networks and media people want them as its a better story all around, they vote them higher than they should at times. Because they are a national team, even the coaches vote them higher at times because EVERYONE knows what ND did the day before!

If ND wins out I could easily see them in the final game. And I hate ND, but fact is fact. ND has the trampoline effect!!! They leap people easily especially in November!!

If Notre Dame would jump Florida after those schedules??? I would laugh my arse off!!!! Ofcourse I wouldnt mind beating ole "front-butt" down AGAIN:D

DonShula84
11-12-2006, 11:27 PM

I suppose I could see this happening. It's hard for me to justify deserving it other than a more national fan base and a game that would make more money. The way Florida has played the last couple weeks could put enough doubt into the minds of voters about them that they'd go for the money game and ND I suppose. Nothing would make me happier than pulling off an upset and beating OSU in a championship game though.

I think there are voters who rank ND higher than maybe they deserve, but I also think there are plenty who rank ND low because it's ND. If UF beats Arkansas convincingly in the SEC championship game I dont think an ND bounce will happen. All I really care about is beating Army and USC though, the BCS will sort itself out.

LouPhinFan
11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
I think this sums it all up:

Its all clear as mud!:D

Static387
11-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Ofcourse I wouldnt mind beating ole "front-butt" down AGAIN:D

:sidelol:

Na I want some new meat...

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 02:21 AM
:sidelol:

Na I want some new meat...

I'll take a rematch. You guys had almost double our total yards and it still took a 60 yard run with under 2 minutes left to put the game away. All the talk about how Ginn/Holmes torched our secondary, which they clearly did, it was a broken tackle on Pittman, who had been kept in check all day, that ended the game. Down by 7 with 1:47 left in the game isnt a beat down, but I dont know maybe I was at a different game than OSU fans.

ganooch
11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
the extra point blocked is a disgrace. South Carolina also killed themselves with a penalty on the last drive of the game. I still do not think that they will win the title