PDA

View Full Version : Mccree needs to get suspended 6 games

Daunt8TDChris84
11-12-2006, 06:33 PM
ok just pretend you were runnnig in the park looking at your friend throw you the ball but before the ball gets to you , you get nailed in the head blindsided.

i mean come on that hit was so dirty its not even funny, you know that hit can kill anybody right? i bet if you tried that hit on 10 players 4 will die with a broken neck or be paralyzed.

The nfl needs to be more strict on this and make it 6games-whole season games for dirty helmet to helmet hits and suspended without pay.

yll think cuz its nfl no one can die but it can be a day a players gets killed look at dale earnhardt.

Sirspud
11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Agreed, the hit was entirely dirty.

rafael
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree the hit was dirty, but the longest suspension in the history of the NFL is two games. Do you think that hit was three times dirtier than any other play in NFL history?

King Felix
11-12-2006, 07:59 PM
he should get suspended.

how u gon do that to a beav

Alex44
11-12-2006, 08:03 PM
He should be out at least 6 games, that hit wasn't only dirty it was a disgrace to the game. He also should have been ejected from the game

Rocky Raccoon
11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
wow a lot of overreacting IMO. I don't think it was dirty at all. McCree was stupid to go high on TJ, but I don't think he was trying to hurt him...and he certainly shouldn't be suspended 6 games.

LightsOut
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM
wow a lot of overreacting IMO. I don't think it was dirty at all. McCree was stupid to go high on TJ, but I don't think he was trying to hurt him...and he certainly shouldn't be suspended 6 games.

agree

Amars
11-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I dont even think he'll get suspended just fined.

King Felix
11-12-2006, 09:42 PM
its not dirty to lead with your helmet?

also he should have gotten 2 penatlies on that play, pass interference and unsportsman like conduct

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 12:15 AM
people sure love overreacting. it's like when someone gets a DUI, there's always some guy that says "just give him the death penalty."

late again
11-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I agree the hit was dirty, but the longest suspension in the history of the NFL is two games. Do you think that hit was three times dirtier than any other play in NFL history?

Actually Albert Haynsworth was suspended for 5 games for cleating that Cowboy.
But as to the topic; I can see McCree receiving a fine. I can't imagine him getting a suspension.

Martel
11-13-2006, 02:03 AM
I didn't think it was dirty. He went too high and mistimed the hit but I didn't think he was trying to injure TJ.

unifiedtheory
11-13-2006, 03:36 AM
He'll get a big fat fine but I doubt he gets suspended.

I do think he should have gotten ejected from the game though.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-13-2006, 05:52 AM
hmm the hit on chmabers by kennedy was vicious as well that one was worst going to the head but this guy tried to hit him nasty and that was crazy you just dont hit someone like that.

The hit that lynch had on clark 2 year was clean if it ddint hit his head you have to know how your hitting.

And if he gets banned 6 games the db's will know hey we got to watch our selves because its 6 games and also no paycheck.

Ill be going to FIU and ima play qb/ss and yes whoever comes across the middle ima hit them in mid-air and pop them nasty but im not gonna do helmet to helmet because i can kill him and i can break my own neck so no.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 01:15 PM

also he should have gotten 2 penatlies on that play, pass interference and unsportsman like conduct

SIX GAMES? Wow? I for one never have ever wished for injuries NOR condone violent uncalled for hits, but have you seen the replay?

THERE WAS NO HELMET TO HELMET HIT...IT WAS SHOULDER TO SHOULDER. TJ's neck / head never makes contact with McCree's hit.

On the way down, TJ's head hits Randall Godfrey's knee...if anything, suspend GOdfrey's knee for 6 days.

It was an EARLY pass interference call, a SPLIT second to early. The hit looked a lot more violent and was fueled by Dan Dierdorks overreaction without looking closely at the hit.

Here's one angle of the hit, notice SHOULDER TO SHOULDER...NOT HELMET TO HELMET..and watch as he goes down and where his neck snaps back Arguments can be made he lead with his hat, but the contact was made by the shoulders which will draw a fine.

Also, there was no PERSONAL FOUL call on the field, it was a PI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qu1_4U1i3w

Nappy Roots
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
seeing the replay confirms what i thought. anyone that thinks it was anything more that a great hit that was just poorly time needs their head checked. he didnt lead with the helmet like everyone is claiming. he hit him with his shoulder. it was a great hit that was to early. had TJ not hit his is head on Godfreys knee, no one would care really.

Vertical Limit
11-13-2006, 01:25 PM

I was actually more disgusted when they took Houshmanzadeh off the field, and the next play the Bengals run is a running play to Rudi Johnson, McCree stops him short and celebrates right after, as if he completely forgot what just happened on the field. I changed the channel right after that, it really pissed me off.

Nappy Roots
11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I was actually more disgusted when they took Houshmanzadeh off the field, and the next play the Bengals run is a running play to Rudi Johnson, McCree stops him short and celebrates right after, as if he completely forgot what just happened on the field. I changed the channel right after that, it really pissed me off.

sooooooo, mccree should just retire from football because TJ banged his head on his teammates knee...:rolleyes2

dudes playing football, if he makes a big play, hes going to get excited.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 01:31 PM
So let me get this straight, not arguing with you, just wanting to know your perspective.

So after the play the PI, during the next play, a third down, McCree makes a great play stopping Rudi Johnson, he's not allowed to celebrate because he should be apologetic from the previous play?

Just wondering??

Vertical Limit
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
@Nappy Roots
:rolleyes:

@L.T.21
I just think he could/should have presented himself with much more class, especially after knowing what just happened on the field. The crowd was already boo'ing him out of the stadium, and he goes on and celebrates on the next play. If that happened in a more hostile environment, like Philadelphia, it would have been raining beer bottles on the field.

Nappy Roots
11-13-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL @ "what just happened on the field". you act like there was a mass murder on the field. hell, TJ WALKED off the field. he wasnt even carted off. after he got up, it was no big deal, specially considering it was just a freak accident with Godfrey being there.

lmao, but your right, McCree should of still been in mourning.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 01:46 PM
@Nappy Roots
:rolleyes:

@L.T.21
I just think he could/should have presented himself with much more class, especially after knowing what just happened on the field. The crowd was already boo'ing him out of the stadium, and he goes on and celebrates on the next play. If that happened in a more hostile environment, like Philadelphia, it would have been raining beer bottles on the field.
I understand what you're saying but the HIT was NOT dirty. It was a Pass interference that he was there a SPLIT second too early. I don't condone the act but as mentioned, it was Godfrey's knee that made it look worse. And that DIerdork...

Marlon McCree besides knowing him personally is one of the nicest guys in the NFL. Find one thing bad about McCree or any other player calling him dirty will be a surprise to me. He has always been a classy player.

After the hit, he even apologized to Chad Johnson saying, yeah, I was tehre a split second too early. What does TJ do in the press conference?

TJ threatens Marlon saying something like, "yeah, my homeboys will have a word with him in Los Angeles, he hang around Los Angeles a lot, we'll have a word with him-we'll see him there."

NOW THAT'S CLASSLESS....leave it on the PLAYING FIELD TJ. And for goodness sake Marvin Lewis, control your players! But then again our season hasn't been to clean either so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Nappy Roots
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
I understand what you're saying but the HIT was NOT dirty. It was a Pass interference that he was there a SPLIT second too early. I don't condone the act but as mentioned, it was Godfrey's knee that made it look worse. And that DIerdork...

Marlon McCree besides knowing him personally is one of the nicest guys in the NFL. Find one thing bad about McCree or any other player calling him dirty will be a surprise to me. He has always been a classy player.

After the hit, he even apologized to Chad Johnson saying, yeah, I was tehre a split second too early. What does TJ do in the press conference?

TJ threatens Marlon saying something like, "yeah, my homeboys will have a word with him in Los Angeles, he hang around Los Angeles a lot, we'll have a word with him-we'll see him there."

NOW THAT'S CLASSLESS....leave it on the PLAYING FIELD TJ. And for goodness sake Marvin Lewis, control your players! But then again our season hasn't been to clean either so maybe I shouldn't talk.

i didnt hear about that...what an idiot.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
i didnt hear about that...what an idiot.

Yeah, you would think he'd learn to shut his mouth, especially after ALL the stuff they've gone through with the team. What a dork!

tyson22
11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I understand what you're saying but the HIT was NOT dirty.

wether he hit him with his helmet or not is irrelevant. he left his feet and lowered his helmet, therefore leading with his helmet, therefore becoming a "dirty" play. this play is the epitome of why the rule about leading with your helmet came about. he hit a defenseless reciever, before the ball got there, while leading with his helmet, thats dirty and illegal.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
wether he hit him with his helmet or not is irrelevant. he left his feet and lowered his helmet, therefore leading with his helmet, therefore becoming a "dirty" play. this play is the epitome of why the rule about leading with your helmet came about. he hit a defenseless reciever, before the ball got there, while leading with his helmet, thats dirty and illegal.

It is RELEVANT. Clearly, the refs on all 3 sides saw the same thing which DIDN'T cause personal foul because it is what it was, a pass interference.

So you're telling me that because he led with his helmet, and hit him with his shoulder, he should still be suspended? If that's the case, EVERY single "YOU GOT JACKED UP" hit on ESPN should get a suspension/fine from the league?

Last I checked, when someone tackles or hits anyone in the air, the head normally leads, it's up the player to use your shoulder to POP the hell out of the player...granted this one was early, but it's what your taught. HIT WITH THE SHOULDER!

tyson22
11-13-2006, 02:24 PM
So you're telling me that because he led with his helmet, and hit him with his shoulder, he should still be suspended

no, the nfl rule book will tell you that. i went and watched your video again and saw the same thing. he led with his helmet and HAPPENED to hit with his shoulder,all on a DEFENSELESS receiver, 100% illegal.

wether he hit him with his helmet or not is irrelevant

It is RELEVANT

no its not, as soon as he left his feet and led with his helmet it didnt matter where he made contact.

Clearly, the refs on all 3 sides saw the same thing which DIDN'T cause personal foul because it is what it was, a pass interference.

right, because the refs are never wrong.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-13-2006, 02:39 PM
wow tj said that? damn the nfl should suspend him 1-2 games for that stupidty see you cant take what happened inside the football field outside the field.
Except the guy ended your career on purpose.

L.T.21
11-13-2006, 02:41 PM
no, the nfl rule book will tell you that. i went and watched your video again and saw the same thing. he led with his helmet and HAPPENED to hit with his shoulder,all on a DEFENSELESS receiver, 100% illegal.

no its not, as soon as he left his feet and led with his helmet it didnt matter where he made contact.

right, because the refs are never wrong.
It is relevant...so tell me, is this hit illegal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-0-qDF5fk
He lead with his helmet but used his shoulders and arm to hit...No suspension.

This guy jumps leaves feet and hits with shoulder...no suspension.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANi6PY8X-Us

Off the ground, no helmet to helmet....no suspension.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VE0AJ0Cf_k&mode=related&search=

We can GO on and ON and On and give more examples if you like. As mentioned, just look at EVERY single YOU GOT JACKED UP video and they all lead with the helmet, leaving the ground to hit.... the question is always---did they hit helmet to helmet. ...what I'm saying is YES, it is relevant if the player makes contact with helmet to helmet, regardless if he lead and left the ground.

tucker
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM
i dont think it was that bad..you guys are over reacting

tucker
11-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I was actually more disgusted when they took Houshmanzadeh off the field, and the next play the Bengals run is a running play to Rudi Johnson, McCree stops him short and celebrates right after, as if he completely forgot what just happened on the field. I changed the channel right after that, it really pissed me off.umm its a game..he he cant dwell on past plays

tyson22
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
It is relevant...so tell me, is this hit illegal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-0-qDF5fk
He lead with his helmet but used his shoulders and arm to hit...No suspension.

This guy jumps leaves feet and hits with shoulder...no suspension.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANi6PY8X-Us

Off the ground, no helmet to helmet....no suspension.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VE0AJ0Cf...elated&search= (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VE0AJ0Cf_k&mode=related&search=)

We can GO on and ON and On and give more examples if you like. As mentioned, just look at EVERY single YOU GOT JACKED UP video and they all lead with the helmet, leaving the ground to hit.... the question is always---did they hit helmet to helmet. ...what I'm saying is YES, it is relevant if the player makes contact with helmet to helmet, regardless if he lead and left the ground.

you are completely ignoring the defenseless receiver part, and the middle video you showed, the guy got a 15 yard penalty. i never said he deserved 6 games, but your acting as though the hit was within the nfl rules, which it clearly was not. I dont think he deserves a 6 game suspension, but he certainly deserves a fine if the nfl wants to actually enforce the rules they have layed out.

Mainge
11-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Over reaction, IMO. If Dierdorf wouldn't have spilled his mind, it wouldn't be a big deal. Part of football.

L.T.21
11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
you are completely ignoring the defenseless receiver part, and the middle video you showed, the guy got a 15 yard penalty. i never said he deserved 6 games, but your acting as though the hit was within the nfl rules, which it clearly was not. I dont think he deserves a 6 game suspension, but he certainly deserves a fine if the nfl wants to actually enforce the rules they have layed out.

Im simply pointing out that IT IS RELEVANT if and when a player makes a helmet-to-helmet hit.

As you mentioned: " no its not, as soon as he left his feet and led with his helmet it didnt matter where he made contact."

It does make a difference whether a fine/suspension/penalty is handed, as long as THE HELMET DID NOT HIT - it will not be a suspension...SO IT DOES MATTER if it touches.

The only ILLEGAL thing about the hit was that he was there a SPLIT second too early - which was a pass interference call.

TJ Housmazode said it himself, "He was just trying to make a play on the ball," Houshmandzadeh said. "He got there a little too soon. It wasn't actually his hit that hurt me. It was the fact that the linebacker was coming so fast. He tried to jump over me but as he jumped, he kneed me in the head. It was just one of those split-second type of accidents, basically."

There is nothing wrong with the hit, he left his feet, smacked him with the shoulder - GOOD HIT! If the helmets hit (helmet-to-helmet) FINE/SUSPENSION.

Dierdork OVERREACTED without even seeing the replay. Watch for an apology from Dierdork in a couple of days.

tyson22
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
The only ILLEGAL thing about the hit was that he was there a SPLIT second too early - which was a pass interference call.

a split second to early, on a defenseless receiver, while making no attempt to play the ball.

There is nothing wrong with the hit, he left his feet, smacked him with the shoulder - GOOD HIT!
see above.

If Dierdorf wouldn't spilled his mind, it wouldn't be a big deal

Dierdork OVERREACTED without even seeing the replay. Watch for an apology from Dierdork in a couple of days.

i dont even know what diedorf said:confused: even if there is an apology for something, it wont change my mind. based on the nfl rules, that was an illegal hit.

Arguments can be made he lead with his hat, but the contact was made by the shoulders which will draw a fine.
your saying here it will draw a fine and then you say that it wasnt illegal:confused:

L.T.21
11-14-2006, 08:30 PM
a split second to early, on a defenseless receiver, while making no attempt to play the ball.

see above.

CORRECT - HENCE THE PASS INTERFERENCE.
So do you agree that helmet to helmet must make contact in order to draw a personal foul and or suspension?

i dont even know what diedorf said:confused: even if there is an apology for something, it wont change my mind. based on the nfl rules, that was an illegal hit.

CALLED IT AS A DIRTY CHEAP SHOT - DIRTY PLAYER -

your saying here it will draw a fine and then you say that it wasnt illegal:confused:

I said it wrong. It will draw a fine with the HELMET-TO-HELMET hit. But with the shoulder, it shouldn't and probably won't.

And as the argument I said earlier, if that's going to be a fine, then I expect EVERY SINGLE big play -or - every play on "YOU GOT JACKED UP" is illegal based on your idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1UaHWbHx8
They all lead with their helmets...

L.T.21
11-18-2006, 01:23 PM
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER November 18, 2006
After reviewing the play that CBS color commentator Dan Dierdorf called a “horrendous cheap shot” and for which pundits across the country labeled Marlon McCree dirty, the NFL decided not to fine McCree for his hit Sunday on Cincinnati's T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
The league determined that McCree did not make contact with his helmet or forearm when he leaped through the air and drilled Houshmandzadeh in the fourth quarter. The NFL ruled the contact between the players was shoulder-to-shoulder.

MR NFLFAN
11-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Chargers' McCree escapes fine, others don't

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

San Diego safety Marlon McCree (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5681), the subject of considerable criticism from some media quarters after a vicious hit last Sunday that knocked Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin) wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5652) from the game and left him with a concussion, will not be fined.

In reviewing video of the controversial and much-publicized play, which occurred in the fourth quarter, NFL officials determined that contact was shoulder-to-shoulder. There was, the NFL ruled, no helmet-to-helmet contact. Nor did McCree, who seemed to launch himself into Houshmandzadeh, hit the wide receiver with his forearm.

After being on the ground for several minutes, Houshmandzadeh left the game, and did not return. At no time was Houshmandzadeh unconscious. In fact, as he lay on the turf, stunned but apparently coherent, he signaled to game referees to call a penalty.

McCree was flagged for an 18-yard pass interference penalty, moving the ball from the San Diego 45-yard line to the 27-yard line. The possession culminated in a field goal by Bengals kicker Shayne Graham (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5854).
McCree and Houshmandzadeh reportedly discussed the incident this week. The Bengals' standout wide receiver has been cleared to play in Sunday's game at New Orleans.

CBS color commentator Dan Dierdorf termed the play "a horrendous cheap shot" during the broadcast, and McCree was the subject of several articles during the week labeling him a dirty player.

While McCree escaped league sanctions, other players weren't so fortunate, with at least a half-dozen fines doled out.

Philadelphia middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4480) was fined $7,500 for a "horse collar" tackle on Washington tailback Ladell Betts (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5942) in the second quarter of the Eagles' victory over the Redskins. The fine further reflects the league's emphasis on enforcing the "horse collar" rule and on punishing those who violate it. Trotter was penalized 15 yards for a personal foul.

Eagles defensive tackle Darwin Walker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5100) was fined $5,000 for a personal foul against Redskins tailback Clinton Portis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5937) is the first quarter of last Sunday's game.
New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj) linebacker Victor Hobson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6389) and San Francisco cornerback Shantae Spencer were each fined $7,500 for what was deemed excessive contact against quarterbacks in their respective games. A pair of St. Louis players, wide receiver Isaac Bruce (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2914) and center Richie Incognito (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7257), were fined $5,000 each for unnecessary roughness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2667061

There you have it the league reviewed the hit and said although it was early contact (PI) it was a legal hit. I think that was a good call by the league and after see the review from several slow motion angles you would have to be a blind man not to see that as a legal hit.

Phinzone
11-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Where I come from, they teach hit with your shoulder TIGHT to your helmet. How do they tackle where your from? Receiver, QB, RB, doens't make a difference, a good form tackle will be from you breaking down, getting your legs under you, and drilling your shoulder into their body tight to your head. IF your helmet hits them you speared them, if you hit helmet to helmet you lead with your head, if you hit it just right within that fraction of an inch, your shoulder will pound into the player knocking him clean on his *** in what will be a beautiful, clean, by the book hit.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-19-2006, 04:34 AM
that middle video man ill take that guy out 8 weeks man he launched himself into his head