PDA

View Full Version : Countdown To Columbus

PHANTASTIC 13
11-13-2006, 02:19 AM
It's THE GAME...OHIO STATE vs. MICHGAN....as Keith Jackson used to say....the Grand Daddy of them all! This one is for the BIG TEN Championship and a ticket to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. It is the 103rd meeting between these two schools and this ranks up there as the biggest game ever...two unbeaten teams...both 11-0...two teams enter and only one team leaves unbeaten.
GO BUCKEYES! :rocker: :helmet: :allhail:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2658318&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm torn on this game. As much as I absolutely hate Michigan seeing all the OSU fans around here be brought down to earth would be great. Combine that with the Heisman hanging in the balance and I have to go for Michigan.

HysterikiLL
11-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Go Michigan! I hate OSU this year, and I want to see their fans with their mouths shut :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 09:32 AM
i'm much more interested in whoever USC is playing.

Motion
11-13-2006, 09:37 AM
i'm much more interested in whoever USC is playing.

:yeahthat:

As far as the OSU/Michigan game, kinda hoping for a Wolverine blowout.

Majpain
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Wont happen. OSU's defense is to fast and agressive. OSU wins 34-24.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 10:29 AM

As far as the OSU/Michigan game, kinda hoping for a Wolverine blowout.

LtDan
11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm torn on this game. As much as I absolutely hate Michigan seeing all the OSU fans around here be brought down to earth would be great. Combine that with the Heisman hanging in the balance and I have to go for Michigan.:mad: There are good Buckeye fans!!

LtDan
11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
:yeahthat:no reason to hate guys

Majpain
11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Do they hate because Ohio St is number 1?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 11:19 AM
why would ANYONE want ohio state to win? WHY??

Cuban Dave 9
11-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Go Blue!

Oboy
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
:mad: There are good Buckeye fans!!
Yes there are... however the bad ones are WAY MORE vocal, thus why a lot of us want OSU to lose! No offense. :wink:

Stitches
11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I want the team with the best helmet in college football to win.

For those who don't know, that's the Michigan Wolverines.

Motion
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I want the team with the best helmet in college football to win.

For those who don't know, that's the Michigan Wolverines.

Stitches is back :hi5:

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
..Ohio State is the class of all of college football...therefore the "Floridians" are in hate mode because they need HELP to make the big game..all we need is to win 1 game at home...

All you haters who BADLY want us to lose...I say you need to worry about your own programs issues and dont throw rocks at the throne.

Cuban Dave 9
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Class and Ohio State should not be in the same sentence unless it is "Ohio State has no class."

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 02:16 PM
the throne? :lol:

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Class and Ohio State should not be in the same sentence unless it is "Ohio State has no class."

...Im sure "your" opinion means alot to Buckeye faithful

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
the throne? :lol:

..yep, U know the crown...

:D .......

..Oooooooooooo
..Hhhhhhhhhhhh
..Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
..Oooooooooooo

Cuban Dave 9
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
...Im sure "your" opinion means alot to Buckeye faithful
As yours to the Gator nation

DeathStar
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/RAB228104goblue-1.jpeg

Oboy
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
..Ohio State is the class of all of college football...therefore the "Floridians" are in hate mode because they need HELP to make the big game..all we need is to win 1 game at home...

All you haters who BADLY want us to lose...I say you need to worry about your own programs issues and dont throw rocks at the throne.
And thus my point is proven for me...:lol:

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Do they hate because Ohio St is number 1?

We hate your fans, I used to like your team lol

Blade
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
We hate your fans, I used to like your team lol

Ouch! That hurt!

Go Bucks!

Straztheman
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Go Ohio State!!!!!!!!!!

Roman529
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Bet the house on OHIO STATE.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Nooo Lou Holtz was about to pic OSU I think on Sportscenter when they had technical difficulty.

Oboy
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I think the only time I have ever cheered for OSU was in the title game when they beat UM...

uh going to have to duck some UM fans now...:couch: :hide:

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM

I'm pretty sure people want OSU to lose because of posts like this, not because they hate the team!:wink:

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure people want OSU to lose because of posts like this, not because they hate the team!:wink:

You should never let a guy on a message board get to you THAT bad...a little male pride should be in effect..:shakeno:

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM

The class of all of college football :sidelol: Your starting QB was suspended before for accepting money. OSU is the best team, but lets not confuse being good with having class. If the team is anything like the fans, they have zero class.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
The class of all of college football :sidelol: Your starting QB was suspended before for accepting money. OSU is the best team, but lets not confuse being good with having class. If the team is anything like the fans, they have zero class.

If your team is anything like your coach..the same goes for you....How did that loss taste last year Ol front load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 05:48 PM
You should never let a guy on a message board get to you THAT bad...a little male pride should be in effect..:shakeno:

You don't get to me, I find it very funny the way you act!:lol:

Majpain
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM

Wow beacuse accecpting money is very horrible compared to fighting with other players and getting in trouble with the law :rolleyes:. You guys really show your true colors.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow beacuse accecpting money is very horrible compared to fighting with other players and getting in trouble with the law :rolleyes:. You guys really show your true colors.

Who compared the two? Just because one is classesless doesnt mean that is the only way to lack class. So since Miami is the only team who has swung helmets does that mean they are only team with out class and the only way to be a classless program is to get in a brawl?

Majpain
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Who compared the two? Just because one is classesless doesnt mean that is the only way to lack class. So since Miami is the only team who has swung helmets does that mean they are only team with out class and the only way to be a classless program is to get in a brawl?

You took my post out of context. Compared to getting money getting into fights and introuble with the law is far worst. Ohio St hardly ever gets those type of players.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
You took my post out of context. Compared to getting money getting into fights and introuble with the law is far worst. Ohio St hardly ever gets those type of players.

Which I agree with. But on the heals of Smith/Clarret it's hard to make the claim that OSU is the class of all of college football. It definitely isnt a bad program or the worst, but the class of all of football, keep dreaming.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Which I agree with. But on the heals of Smith/Clarret it's hard to make the claim that OSU is the class of all of college football. It definitely isnt a bad program or the worst, but the class of all of football, keep dreaming.

They/We are the best team in College football..you may not like it..wanna accept it whatever.....but after we beat Michigan....I bet you there will still be haters/doubters complaining about the refs or something.

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 06:27 PM

Clarrett?????

Ring a bell?????

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Got my Troy Smith jersey in the mail today straight from C-Bus. Ready for "The Game" now!

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
They/We are the best team in College football..you may not like it..wanna accept it whatever.....but after we beat Michigan....I bet you there will still be haters/doubters complaining about the refs or something.

I said you were the best team in post 32 so I'm not having any trouble accepting or admiting that. Keep thinking people dont like you because you're so good though

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
I said you were the best team in post 32 so I'm not having any trouble accepting or admiting that. Keep thinking people dont like you because you're so good though

Your coach is a fat idiot....

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Class and Ohio State should not be in the same sentence unless it is "Ohio State has no class."Jim Tressel is nothing but class and it is clearly having an effect on the team especially Troy Smith. Troy has shown nothing but complete class when interviewed.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM

What are you 12? Have no argument you resort to name calling :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Sup' Don

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
What are you 12? Have no argument you resort to name calling :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:Charlie is rather plump but he is far from an idiot

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Sup' Don

Hey, how you been Dan. Havent seen you around much lately

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's because I can't post from work anymore. I can view everything but can't post so rest assured I am always lurking!!

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, it's because I can't post from work anymore. I can view everything but can't post so rest assured I am always lurking!!

:lol: I'll keep that in mind when I'm dogging your Buckeyes :hide:

LtDan
11-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Trust me. I have been reading :mad: and by the time I get home I always forget to defend the Buckeyes nicely!! lol

Brad528
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Hail to the Victors. Lets go Blue

Brad528
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Michigan will beat OSU twice in a row on the way to the National Championship.

Brad528
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
What do you call 53 people sitting at home watching the National Championship?

ThEEE Ohio State Buckeyes

LtDan
11-13-2006, 07:20 PM
this isn't the NFL. They dress more than 53. nice effort though

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 07:26 PM

:lol:

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
this isn't the NFL. They dress more than 53. nice effort though

touche :lol:

Majpain
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Clarrett?????

Ring a bell?????

Before or after he stoped playing with the team?

Majpain
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM

I didnt say it was. I just dont like it when people say OSU doesnt have class.

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Before or after he stoped playing with the team?

Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LtDan
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you must admit his crimes became much worse long after he was gone from the Buckeyes. FACT! Not that he wasn't stupid during his one year

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
you must admit his crimes became much worse long after he was gone from the Buckeyes. FACT! Not that he wasn't stupid during his one year

Yes they got worse, but he was far from a poster child for goodness during the OSU year.

PS

I have no problem with OSU, just OSU fans that come into the Rutgers thread and bash them.

LtDan
11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
I want Rutgers to get into a BCS game against a so-called powerhouse school so we can see just how good they are :up:

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 08:30 PM

:lol:

..Get to me??? I was laughing out loud writing that masterpiece of a post:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I want Rutgers to get into a BCS game against a so-called powerhouse school so we can see just how good they are :up:

I would too!:wink:

But they will have a tough time with WV!

LtDan
11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
gotta have faith!!

Cannonboy
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Im rooting for a Ohio state ND Championship. That would be sweet. Not sold on Rutgers.

Majpain
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes they got worse, but he was far from a poster child for goodness during the OSU year.

PS

I have no problem with OSU, just OSU fans that come into the Rutgers thread and bash them.

I havent. Actually I think Rutgers shoulkd be ranked higher.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Im rooting for a Ohio state ND Championship. That would be sweet. Not sold on Rutgers.

Id rather have a OSU/FLA or OSU/USC game..we handled ND rather easily last year, I really would love one of those 2 matchups.

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I havent. Actually I think Rutgers shoulkd be ranked higher.

I wasn't blaming you!:wink:

Originally Posted by Cannonboy

We will never know if Rutgers does not get a chance. How can you become a top program if no one gives you that chance? They have to win out, but if they do, I think it would be a huge TV market game against say OSU or Mich.

Look what the Rutgers /Louie game did on ESPN.

cheyannefan
11-13-2006, 10:47 PM
It's become more of a thing that people want OSU to lose because the've been ranked #1 all year. It's a lot like how USC was #1 for about 2-3 years straight and ppeople wanted them to lose. Some OSU fans are too vocal (including myself at times) but I know what this team is capable of and have seen Tressel's magic. Expect some wierd thing that you haven't seen before from the buckeyes. Win or lose this is the game where guys will make their names. Let's Go Bucks!

O H .................

cheyannefan
11-13-2006, 10:54 PM

PS

No comment on Clarette ( I'm a little embarressed that he is from the Youngstown area).
As far as Rutgers is concerned, I feel that as long as they finish undefeated they should get a shot at the title. I feel the same way for Boise State and felt the same about Utah a few years ago. Give them a shot, the worse they could do is embarress themselves against a top notch program, but at least we would know then. They could on the other hand beat a "better" program and finally show that they are a top level team. Why not give them a chance. It's not like they played D II teams all year. Some one-loss teams have played cupcake schedules and therefore don't deserve a shot over an undefeated.

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Man these commercials on MNF on ESPN are pumping me up...........Its Michigan week fella's..this is the greatest rivalry in all of sports...#1 and #2..you dont get any better than this......we should appreciate what we get to watch Saturday no matter what the outcome.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Charlie is rather plump but he is far from an idiot
He might not be an idiot, but he is a doughnut away from a heart attack!:lol:

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Man these commercials on MNF on ESPN are pumping me up...........Its Michigan week fella's..this is the greatest rivalry in all of sports...#1 and #2..you dont get any better than this......we should appreciate what we get to watch Saturday no matter what the outcome.

I knew we'd find something we could agree on. :wink: Either way this is a great weekend for college football.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Ohio State will silence the Wolverine "Luv Ya Blue Crowd", Jim Tressel is the best coach in college football and he is great in big games, so is Troy Smith. You know the Michigan players aren't getting any sleep this week knowing what is about to happen to their season.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Micheal Irving ring a bell...he has been caught with hookers and drugs in a motel more than once...how about Ray "Thug" Lewis who witnessed a murder and didn't come forward. I could go on and on...but I won't because I like the Hurricanes too, after the Buckeyes of course. "Be careful throwing stones when you live in a glass house". :tantrum:

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Micheal Irving ring a bell...he has been caught with hookers and drugs in a motel more than once...how about Ray "Thug" Lewis who witnessed a murder and didn't come forward. I could go on and on...but I won't because I like the Hurricanes too, after the Buckeyes of course. "Be careful throwing stones when you live in a glass house". :tantrum:

I have no idea how any of that relates to the discussion, but again, pretty text. I'm not a Miami fan, so bringing up their players and issues they've had means next to nothing to me.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-14-2006, 12:59 AM
You don't see how it relates to the discussion, they were bashing OSU for Troy Smith accepting a few bucks from a booster and the Maurice Clarett saga and I just pointed out how the Hurricanes have more problems than any other college in NCAA, that is why they hired Butch Davis, to rid their self of all the bad publicity. Now Coker has them back to the old bad days, they need to fire him and replace him with someone who is a disciplinarian.

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 01:53 AM
You don't see how it relates to the discussion, they were bashing OSU for Troy Smith accepting a few bucks from a booster and the Maurice Clarett saga and I just pointed out how the Hurricanes have more problems than any other college in NCAA, that is why they hired Butch Davis, to rid their self of all the bad publicity. Now Coker has them back to the old bad days, they need to fire him and replace him with someone who is a disciplinarian.

yeah, and like I said to Maj, just because the U has a bad past it doesnt mean that other schools cant so bringing them into this doesnt make much sense.

Brad528
11-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Both Miami and Ohio State are crooked programs and Michigan has had a crooked past as well so I dont know what the arguement is. They are all three winning programs as well so thats what matters.

NJFINSFAN1
11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Both Miami and Ohio State are crooked programs and Michigan has had a crooked past as well so I dont know what the arguement is. They are all three winning programs as well so thats what matters.

:eek:

Majpain
11-14-2006, 09:16 AM

Riiight :rolleyes:

Oboy
11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I could not even try to endorse this one. HOW could you put ND in before Michigan (IF Michigan only loses one)? UM would have DESTROYED ND in ND! :sidelol:

NO WAY. That would get ugly. ND can't stop anyone on defense and you want them against OSU's offense? Yikes.

Of course I am biased and want UF in the game, but if they don't the last team I want is ND.

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I could not even try to endorse this one. HOW could you put ND in before Michigan (IF Michigan only loses one)? UM would have DESTROYED ND in ND! :sidelol:

NO WAY. That would get ugly. ND can't stop anyone on defense and you want them against OSU's offense? Yikes.

Of course I am biased and want UF in the game, but if they don't the last team I want is ND.

...Yep like last years bowl game....Notre Dame has no buisness in the national title game over ANY of the other 1 loss teams, they will likely lose to USC anyway.

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
...Yep like last years bowl game....Notre Dame has no buisness in the national title game over ANY of the other 1 loss teams, they will likely lose to USC anyway.

Last years game when you up by 7 with 1:46 left in the game? You guys completely destroyed us, you're right...

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Last years game when you up by 7 with 1:46 left in the game? You guys completely destroyed us, you're right...

You were dominated..a 14 point win is what it is..save the technicalities..we were never in any danger of losing that game...."cant give charlie a month"..lol..your talking about the best big game coach in college football people..not some overwieght coordinator from Patsie land.

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
You were dominated..a 14 point win is what it is..save the technicalities..we were never in any danger of losing that game...."cant give charlie a month"..lol..your talking about the best big game coach in college football people..not some overwieght coordinator from Patsie land.

Why does weight have to come into it every time? I just dont understand it, like him being fat affects his coaching? When people resort to bashing WEis because of his weight it shows they dont have much to go on. It'd be like me saying Tressel is a bad coach because he rocks the sweater vest. OSU deserved to win that game, no doubt about it, they played better than ND. It wasnt a blowout, we weren't dominated but we lost, it happens oh well.

As for ND not having a good defense so they shouldnt play OSU because it'd be a blowout, couldn't I say that UF doesnt have an offense so OSU would shut them out and it also wouldnt be a good game?

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Why does weight have to come into it every time? I just dont understand it, like him being fat affects his coaching? When people resort to bashing WEis because of his weight it shows they dont have much to go on. It'd be like me saying Tressel is a bad coach because he rocks the sweater vest. OSU deserved to win that game, no doubt about it, they played better than ND. It wasnt a blowout, we weren't dominated but we lost, it happens oh well.

As for ND not having a good defense so they shouldnt play OSU because it'd be a blowout, couldn't I say that UF doesnt have an offense so OSU would shut them out and it also wouldnt be a good game?

Notre Dames defense is one of the worst in College football......Its much easier to score on a bad defense than stop a bad offense, because of Turnovers even average offenses with good defenses can win games.

Name me one Championship team that has had a bad defense?? You cant, thats why I cant take Notre Dame seriosley...they couldnt stop Mich ST for christs sake...thats why they will likely lose to any team in the top 10, the defense is just that bad!!

I dont know why my comments toward Charlie and his appearence bother you so much, why does my opinion of him urk you so bad?? I couldnt give 2 craps about what you said about Tressel...Is Charlie related to you or something??

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 07:49 PM
I wish Charlie was related to me lol, I'd get cheaper tickets. It doesnt really bother me, I just find it funny that people resort to that every time they bash ND/Weis. I agree NDs defense is bad and I've said I dont see how we should get a shot at the title over a 1 loss Michigan team or a 1 loss UF. We gave up over 40 points to MSU last year I believe and played better against OSU and should have beaten USC which was a very good offense so you never know what could happen in a game. We forced some turn overs in the Fiesta Bowl and blocked a FG which kept us in it, so anything could happen. In both the OSU and USC game though the defense being unable to make a stop at the end cost us a win or a chance to tie. The defense is definitely keeping this team back, but good teams werent blowing us out.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-14-2006, 11:44 PM
I wonder if Michigan fans will run Llyod Carr out of town if the Wolverines lose to the Buckeyes again. :lol:

Roman529
11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Ohio State is gonna win it...nobody is beating them this year.

Majpain
11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Roman your so smart.

Stitches
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I wish Charlie was related to me lol, I'd get cheaper tickets. It doesnt really bother me, I just find it funny that people resort to that every time they bash ND/Weis. I agree NDs defense is bad and I've said I dont see how we should get a shot at the title over a 1 loss Michigan team or a 1 loss UF. We gave up over 40 points to MSU last year I believe and played better against OSU and should have beaten USC which was a very good offense so you never know what could happen in a game. We forced some turn overs in the Fiesta Bowl and blocked a FG which kept us in it, so anything could happen. In both the OSU and USC game though the defense being unable to make a stop at the end cost us a win or a chance to tie. The defense is definitely keeping this team back, but good teams werent blowing us out.

Michigan State could beat any team in the country(regardless of how highly ranked they are, or how much a better record), but they could also lose to any team in the country. They are so streaky this year, it's not even funny.

Stitches
11-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Ohio State is gonna win it...nobody is beating them this year.

So are you saying they could lose the NC, because that wouldn't be this year, it'd be 2007. :tongue:

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 01:11 PM
So are you saying they could lose the NC, because that wouldn't be this year, it'd be 2007. :tongue:
Niiiiiiiice...GO BLUE!