Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs. Notre Dame
National Championship: Ohio State vs. Rutgers :D

i don't think at this point UF can beat arkansas... :(

Stitches
11-14-2006, 05:27 PM
No Boise State? :(

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
well, if the season goes as i think it will, cal will win the pac-10, which would steal an at-large bid from a top 12 team in the BCS. so, sorry to boise state....and LSU, Wisconsin and USC. because of course the fiesta bowl would take notre dame over any of them...

NJFINSFAN1
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
No Boise State? :(

Star player is in the hospital with a collapsed lung and they have a tough game coming up soon against Neveda.

NJFINSFAN1
11-14-2006, 05:34 PM
make your extremely BCS predictions here. :D

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas vs. Louisville
Rose Bowl: Michigan vs. Cal
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest vs. Florida

i don't think at this point UF can beat arkansas... :(

I hope your right, I would love to see Rutgers play for all the marbles!

Kev83
11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Sugar Bowl: Notre Dame v. Rutgers
Rose Bowl: Ohio State v. USC
Fiesta Bowl: Texas v. Boise St.
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest v. Louisville
National Championship: Florida v. Michigan

winners in bold.

Cuban Dave 9
11-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Ah come on Kat!

Sugar: Rutgers vs. ND
Rose: Michigan vs. USC
Fiesta: Texas vs. Boise State
Orange: Wake Forrest vs. WV
NC: Florida vs tOSU

AirFishOne
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Hows this for bold?

Oklahoma wins out, Texas loses game against rival A&M, putting us into the Big XII CCG, and we beat Nebraska, putting us into the Fiesta Bowl!!! :D

itll be tOSU and Florida in the NC game

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Sugar Bowl: Notre Dame v. Rutgers
Rose Bowl: Ohio State v. USC
Fiesta Bowl: Texas v. Boise St.
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest v. Louisville
National Championship: Florida v. Michigan

winners in bold.

the only reasonable one thus far..save Louisville.

HysterikiLL
11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Sugar Bowl: Arkansas vs Michigan
Rose Bowl: Rutgers vs. Cal
Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs Boise State
National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

edit: on second thought, this is pretty ****ed up^ :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
My view is Rutgers still gets no respect from people, if they lose to WV, they will not get a BCS game.

HysterikiLL
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
My view is Rutgers still gets no respect from people, if they lose to WV, they will not get a BCS game.

I like Rutgers, but if they lose to WV, IMO they don't deserve a BCS game. There would be too many other teams more deserving.

Rafiki
11-14-2006, 08:37 PM
well, if the season goes as i think it will, cal will win the pac-10, which would steal an at-large bid from a top 12 team in the BCS. so, sorry to boise state....and LSU, Wisconsin and USC. because of course the fiesta bowl would take notre dame over any of them...

I thought as long as an unbeaten non-BCS team made the top 12 they were guaranteed a BCS bowl. Maybe I'm mistaken.

54Fins
11-14-2006, 09:14 PM
make your extremely BCS predictions here. :D

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas vs. Louisville
Rose Bowl: Michigan vs. Cal
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest vs. Florida

i don't think at this point UF can beat arkansas... :(I love your predictions,But there is no way the media(or the people making the big money) want to see Rutgers in the National Championship.:boohoo: Although stranger things have happened.

54Fins
11-14-2006, 09:19 PM
My view is Rutgers still gets no respect from people, if they lose to WV, they will not get a BCS game. :yeahthat: Unfortunate but true.

LouPhinFan
11-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Sugar: LSU v Boise State
Rose: Michigan v West Virginia
Fiesta: TX v Louisville
Orange: Wake v Notre Dame

NC: Ohio State v Florida

I'm still a little unclear about how the BCS picking works. This is my best guess. I think Rutgers loses to WVU and that drops them out of BCS at-large contention. Fiesta Bowl is on record as saying they L-O-V-E Louisville and reps for the bowl have been to Louisville several times. LSU beats Arkansas.

Of course, I could be an idiot...

DonShula84
11-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Sugar: LSU v Boise State
Rose: Michigan v West Virginia
Fiesta: TX v Louisville
Orange: Wake v Notre Dame

NC: Ohio State v Florida

I'm still a little unclear about how the BCS picking works. This is my best guess. I think Rutgers loses to WVU and that drops them out of BCS at-large contention. Fiesta Bowl is on record as saying they L-O-V-E Louisville and reps for the bowl have been to Louisville several times. LSU beats Arkansas.

Of course, I could be an idiot...

That cant happen. Someone has to win the Pac 10.

Amars
11-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Rutgers vs. OSU would be great and very possible.

finswin56
11-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Rutgers vs. OSU would be great and very possible.Great STORY, but probably not a great game.

Motion
11-15-2006, 11:06 AM
the only reasonable one thus far..save Louisville.

:eek: The only reasonable on so far? You do realize that one means your boys lose to Michigan this week???

Stitches
11-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Star player is in the hospital with a collapsed lung and they have a tough game coming up soon against Neveda.

His status is uncertain. And Ian is great for that team, but one player does not make the team(I hope).

spydertl79
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I think two big east teams will get bowls.

Championship:
Ohio State vs. Michigan
Close game saturday with USC, Rutgers, and Florida losing before the end of the season.

Sugar Bowl:
West Virginia vs. Arkansas

Orange Bowl:
Wake Forest vs. Louisville

Fiesta Bowl:
Texas vs. Boise State
It's BS, I know.

Rose Bowl:
USC vs. Notre Dame
Sportswriters around the country erupt in simultaneous orgasm.

Motion
11-15-2006, 12:55 PM

Championship:
Ohio State vs. Michigan
Close game saturday with USC, Rutgers, and Florida losing before the end of the season.

Sugar Bowl:

Orange Bowl:

Fiesta Bowl:
Texas vs. Boise State
It's BS, I know.

Rose Bowl:
USC vs. Notre Dame

Two BCS Bowls with regular season rematches? Doubtful.

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Plus, a team shouldn't be in the championship if it can't even win their conference. See Oklahoma

Cuban Dave 9
11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Ah come on Kat!

Sugar: Rutgers vs. ND
Rose: Michigan vs. USC
Fiesta: Texas vs. Boise State
Orange: Wake Forrest vs. WV
NC: Florida vs tOSU
DBoston...I thought mine was pretty reasonable considering I actually picked your team over mine...thus removing my ever growing homerism

spydertl79
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
But the rematches are HUGE. The ratings for those two games on a national stage would be incredible.

spydertl79
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Plus, a team shouldn't be in the championship if it can't even win their conference. See Oklahoma
I agree, however I think that if the game is close on Saturday then that is exactly what will happen.

HysterikiLL
11-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Boise State Vs Rutgers - National Championship

:lol:

DonShula84
11-15-2006, 11:26 PM

Championship:
Ohio State vs. Michigan

Sugar Bowl:

Orange Bowl:

Fiesta Bowl:
Texas vs. Boise State
It's BS, I know.

Rose Bowl:
USC vs. Notre Dame

Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl would be incredible. I'd have to blow my student loans to get tickets though, but it'd be worth it :) Like someone else said, I dont really see the rematch happening though. But if a OSU/UM rematch happens in the Champ game it would set it up since the Rose Bowl would take an at large team.

HysterikiLL
11-16-2006, 12:31 AM
USC vs ND Rose Bowl...hell, I might have to steal someone's kids and then sell them just to see that in person.

DonShula84
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
There has been some talk that the Rose Bowl would take the Irish if Ohio State were to lose to Michigan and USC ended up in the championship game," Catlett said. "I don't know how they'd feel about a Michigan-Notre Dame rematch. It's hard to believe they'd break their ties with the Pac-10."

But if Cal loses to USC Saturday, it's going to be difficult for the Pac-10 runner-up -- either Cal or Oregon, to meet the requisite requirement of being in the BCS Top 14. Likewise, Wisconsin, even at 11-1, would be left on the outside

Seems to me like that Rose Bowl would be OSU vs ND and a Michigan vs USC championship game.

"The bowls don't care who the best team is outside of 1 vs. 2," Catlett said. "Outside of that, the rest of us are trying to get good, deserving teams that put people in the stands, give us good television ratings so that our title sponsor is happy and so we can write those big checks to the schools.

"The beauty of Notre Dame is the same thing with the Dallas Cowboys. Everybody in America that's a college football fan either loves Notre Dame or hates Notre Dame. Nobody has a neutral opinion about Notre Dame. And from a bowl's perspective, what better scenario can you have?

"People who love them are going to watch them on TV, and the people who want to see them get beat are going to watch them on TV. Either way, they get the highest ratings. And that's why whenever I get a chance to put them in my bowl game, I do it."

I just recently started considering if ND would get a BCS game if they lost another close game to USC, this article seems to think it's almost certain.

Apparently the scenarios that could see the BCS fifth-ranked Irish (9-1) fall completely out of the BCS have dwindled to one.

Losing Saturday to Army (3-7).

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061116/NDSports02/611160347/-1/NDSPORTS

HurriPhin
11-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Sugar: Florida vs Notre Dame
Orange: Georgia Tech vs Auburn
Fiesta: Texas vs Boise St
Rose: tS oihO vs Cal
NC: Michigan vs Louisville

Rutgers get no respect, but rightfully so. With the way it's set up you can't just show up for one year and expect it. It's a great cinderella story for New Jersey but the're the only ones who want to see 'em play.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-17-2006, 12:51 AM
how in the world would louisville get into the NC?

HurriPhin
11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
how in the world would louisville get into the NC?

by winning out and being the best one loss team (besides lowly Rutgers)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-17-2006, 01:13 AM
so many things would have to happen to get louisville in there. USC, UF, arkansas, notre dame and rutgers ALL have to lose. and even then, the loser of the OSU/michigan game would probably go in anyways.

and "lowly" rutgers beat them. so whatever, you have no clue what you're talking about. anyone that doesn't love the rutgers story isn't a real football fan.

HurriPhin
11-17-2006, 01:42 AM
so many things would have to happen to get louisville in there. USC, UF, arkansas, notre dame and rutgers ALL have to lose. and even then, the loser of the OSU/michigan game would probably go in anyways.

and "lowly" rutgers beat them. so whatever, you have no clue what you're talking about. anyone that doesn't love the rutgers story isn't a real football fan.

Hey, you're the one who started a thread that called for "extreme BCS predictions", so then dont slam those who do. Not to mention, your the one with the dubious prediction of having Rutgers winning the NC. Seriously, how does it make me any less of a football fan if I don't want to see some one hit wonder team make it. Geez, Im sorry if I hurt your feelings by disrespecting your "man crush" for the Scarlet Knights.

DonShula84
11-17-2006, 02:08 AM
by winning out and being the best one loss team (besides lowly Rutgers)

How would they possible jump a 1 loss ND or UF team? It cant happen. Unless you have ND and Florida both losing another game and still getting into the BCS? And can Auburn still win the SEC? I'd thought they were all but out of the BCS?

HurriPhin
11-17-2006, 02:14 AM
How would they possible jump a 1 loss ND or UF team? It cant happen. Unless you have ND and Florida both losing another game and still getting into the BCS? And can Auburn still win the SEC? I'd thought they were all but out of the BCS?
I wasn't aware that all those teams were given wins to finish out the season. Well **** of course it can happen. Will it, porbably not, but its my prediction.

...and am I wrong to think the Fins will make the playoffs? Maybe, but it wont stop me from cheering it so.

DonShula84
11-17-2006, 02:19 AM
I wasn't aware that all those teams were given wins to finish out the season. Well **** of course it can happen. Will it, porbably not, but its my prediction.

...and am I wrong to think the Fins will make the playoffs? Maybe, but it wont stop me from cheering it so.

If they were to lose more games I dont see how they make BCS games is one issue. How Auburn makes a BCS game is another. The third issue is that I dont believe UL can win the Big East, the odds of a team not winning its conference and jumping other 1 loss teams for the champ game seems pretty unlikely to me. And if UL cant win the Big East then they wouldnt be the only Big East team in the BCS

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey, you're the one who started a thread that called for "extreme BCS predictions", so then dont slam those who do. Not to mention, your the one with the dubious prediction of having Rutgers winning the NC. Seriously, how does it make me any less of a football fan if I don't want to see some one hit wonder team make it. Geez, Im sorry if I hurt your feelings by disrespecting your "man crush" for the Scarlet Knights.
you're just not a real fan. that's all.

Motion
11-17-2006, 09:30 AM

finswin56
11-17-2006, 11:08 AM
:lol:oops

Jaydog57
11-17-2006, 12:16 PM
anyone that doesn't love the rutgers story isn't a real football fan. So I guess when Miami rises from the ashes and becomes a National Championship Powerhouse again you'll love their story. Otherwise you're not a real football fan.:wink:

Motion
11-17-2006, 12:19 PM
So I guess when Miami rises from the ashes and becomes a National Championship Powerhouse again you'll love their story. Otherwise you're not a real football fan.:wink:

Come on now, thats not even comparable. Rutgers has never been a Football powerhouse. They are a Cinderella story, not a rebound story.

Jaydog57
11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Come on now, thats not even comparable. Rutgers has never been a Football powerhouse. They are a Cinderella story, not a rebound story. True, and Rutgers has done an outstanding job. But when we do it again it will only improve our staying power. :peace:

DeathStar
11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I thought as long as an unbeaten non-BCS team made the top 12 they were guaranteed a BCS bowl. Maybe I'm mistaken.
not unbeaten...if a non big 6 conference team finishes in the top 12, they are guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl.

boise state is 12.

they have 1-9 utah at home followed by 7-3 nevada on the road.

Motion
11-17-2006, 12:33 PM
:hmmm: I thought it was top 10?

Bumpus
11-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Sugar: Florida vs Notre Dame
Orange: Georgia Tech vs Auburn
Rose: tS oihO vs Cal
NC: Michigan vs Louisville

Rutgers get no respect, but rightfully so. With the way it's set up you can't just show up for one year and expect it. It's a great cinderella story for New Jersey but the're the only ones who want to see 'em play.
Hence, the problem. The National Championship is NOT for excellence over a decade. It's for the YEAR.

Now, do I feel that Rutgers should get a shot at the title?

:lol: well, I think that my Mountaineers have a little something to say about Rutgers finishing undefeated.

Cuban Dave 9
11-17-2006, 02:33 PM
makes you wonder how many in this board would fall victim to a cross dresser

spydertl79
11-17-2006, 02:38 PM

It can't happen. It just can't. A two loss Louisville team will still be ranked below a one loss OSU, Michigan team. Even if everything else happens, Michigan and OSU would still be 1/2. Just because Louisville pillaged the Hurricanes doesn't mean they're good or should be ranked high, the Canes suck.

spydertl79
11-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Hence, the problem. The National Championship is NOT for excellence over a decade. It's for the YEAR.

Now, do I feel that Rutgers should get a shot at the title?

:lol: well, I think that my Mountaineers have a little something to say about Rutgers finishing undefeated.

Rutgers won't beat WVU. No way, WV is one of the best teams in the country but they blew it against Louisville.

HurriPhin
11-18-2006, 01:41 AM
It can't happen. It just can't. A two loss Louisville team will still be ranked below a one loss OSU, Michigan team. Even if everything else happens, Michigan and OSU would still be 1/2. Just because Louisville pillaged the Hurricanes doesn't mean they're good or should be ranked high, though i must agree that the Canes will soon enough return to the elite of college football.

alright alright everybody's right. I agree Louisville has no shot at the NC.

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 01:44 AM
alright alright everybody's right. I agree Louisville has no shot at the NC.

:woot: :lol: :wink:

HurriPhin
11-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Alright here's my updated knumbskull BCS predictions. Hope I dont get slapped around this time. Ah, what the hell, thats what makes these boards fun.

Sugar: Arkansas vs Notre Dame
Orange: Wake Forest vs Rutgers
Rose: oihO tS vs W. Virginia
NC: Michigan vs USC

There, that should please the Rutgers fans (that ones for you UF FIN KAT, yeah, I'm a real football fan again) and piss of oihO tS and Florida fans, and that makes me happy.

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Assuming we get a rematch national title game, and USC loses to Cal, what are the odds of a Cal vs ND Rose Bowl? Idea just popped into my head and now I might want USC to lose.

Title Game - OSU vs UM
Rose Bowl - Cal vs at large (ND?)

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Just a thought, people saying ND shouldnt jump a 1 loss Michigan team (assuming of course ND beats USC)because UM beat ND it has happened before. ND beat FSU in 1993, finished with the same record as FSU but FSU played for the championship not ND. I dont see ND jumping UM, but I could see if ND beats USC and if UF and Arkansas both lose again some voters wanting to see ND vs OSU over a rematch.

Id be happy with Florida playin for the title and ND being in the Orange Bowl though, just throwing some perspective out there.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Just a thought, people saying ND shouldnt jump a 1 loss Michigan team (assuming of course ND beats USC)because UM beat ND it has happened before. ND beat FSU in 1993, finished with the same record as FSU but FSU played for the championship not ND. I dont see ND jumping UM, but I could see if ND beats USC and if UF and Arkansas both lose again some voters wanting to see ND vs OSU over a rematch.

Id be happy with Florida playin for the title and ND being in the Orange Bowl though, just throwing some perspective out there.It's a little different though. FSU lost at ND, and it came down to the final seconds.
I'm not against a team passing someone else who beat them early in the season. I believe teams change during the season, and you have respect the team as it currently is in your voting. It's just a blowout at home... I like ND, and I'd much rather see them succeed than Michigan, but they don't have a realistic shot at the NC game at this point. Even if ND beats USC, and every other team loses, I think we'll see a rematch over ND.