PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Samardzija

tonto_phin
11-15-2006, 02:37 AM
if he is the BPA when we pick, we can't go wrong

he could be our Colston

phish729
11-15-2006, 02:42 AM
i dont understand what you are trying to say. jeff would surely be a first day pick and colston was the thrid to last pick in the draft. I do agree though that he is a football player amd he can get it done. much like adam archuleta. i cant see the dolphins using a first day pick on him though cause we went safety first last year but who knows. i thikn we will pick a d stuf like gaines adams someone to fill that viod left by seau and to play beside chrowder for the next ten years

motioncityhifi
11-15-2006, 03:03 AM
i really dont think we take samardzjia especially in the first. we need a burner not another possesion guy. if ted ginn comes to mind, he would be an interesting option depending on where we are picking and if we get someone in free agency.

tonto_phin
11-15-2006, 03:04 AM
he is a WR

tonto_phin
11-15-2006, 03:07 AM
CC is our burner, we just don't have the pass protection to make him effective

CC doesn't go over the middle

Colston went late cuz he wasn't a burner

if you say we couldn't use a colston then I say put down the pipe

Regan21286
11-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Seems more of a possession WR to me and we have plenty of those like Booker, Welker, and Hagan. But if he's the BPA...

Aussiefinfan54
11-15-2006, 04:22 AM
paul poluszny if he is there for us in the first round for sure

WelcomeBack
11-15-2006, 04:30 AM
I think if we look at a WR, it isn't in round 1. I would like to draft a line backer, maybe Posluszny or draft LaMarr Woodley and stand him up.

tdmiami
11-15-2006, 07:27 AM
We wanta o/dlineman. Gaines Adams please :)

QrtBck13
11-15-2006, 08:37 AM
i have said this before i will say it again......saban is goin to draft value not need!!!! thats wut he has done so far in the05-06 draft! The best playee avaliable saban will draft!

feelthepain
11-15-2006, 09:03 AM
if he is the BPA when we pick, we can't go wrong

he could be our Colston

He's going to play baseball.

retarmyfinfan
11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
i have said this before i will say it again......saban is goin to draft value not need!!!! thats wut he has done so far in the05-06 draft! The best playee avaliable saban will draft!

Best way to go.

PhinfanUK
11-15-2006, 10:08 AM
He's going to play baseball.

He wouldn't have come out and said that already, I was under the impression he hasn't made his mind up

fin1
11-15-2006, 10:14 AM
We wanta o/dlineman. Gaines Adams please :)

Yes, or anyone from the Wisconsin Badgers line would be fine with me.

DolphinzD
11-15-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd love to have him on the Dolphins, but there will probably be higher value at Miami's pick in the first round (unless Miami shoots way up in the standings, and thus down in the draft order).

Agent51
11-15-2006, 10:47 AM
i dont understand what you are trying to say. jeff would surely be a first day pick and colston was the thrid to last pick in the draft. I do agree though that he is a football player amd he can get it done. much like adam archuleta. i cant see the dolphins using a first day pick on him though cause we went safety first last year but who knows. i thikn we will pick a d stuf like gaines adams someone to fill that viod left by seau and to play beside chrowder for the next ten years

Jeff Samardzija is a WR, Tom Zbikowski is the Notre Dame S you might be thinking of.

As far as Jeff goes, I had this cool thought a few weeks ago (before we beat the Bears and Chiefs). I thought since Jeff was projected as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder, and it looked as if we'd be in the top 5 as far as picks go, it would be cool to draft Quinn in round one and Samardzija in the second, since they would already have the great chemistry and timing down, so should Quinn be forced to play he'd have a good target to throw to (since Chambers seems to take half a season to get in rythm with a QB). Then I remembered we traded our 2nd rounder for Crappepper, so that thought went out the window, lol.

Also, I wouldn't want to take him (or any WR) in the first round. WR isn't a glaring need, as Chambers, McMike, Booker, Hagan, and Welker are all capable WRs, they just need a QB to GET them the ball consistantly. Given the fact that we have plenty of other needs (DB, O-Line, QB) before WR, and the fact that we don't have a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't want to take a WR in round 1 and have to wait til round 3 to fill our more import needs.

fInbred
11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
no thanks. too short.

finresurrection
11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Agent 51 - We traded last years 2nd for C-pep. we still have our 2nd in the upcoming draft. The pick we will not have this year is our 5th or 6th base don Joey's playing time, which right now looks like we will lose our 5th.

As for Samardzija, not in the 1st, we need line help first and foremost. But a possession WR later in the draft is very possible as Booker is an UFA after this season as is Welker.

dominizzo
11-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Miami needs Defense in the draft or WR!!

Id like gaines Adams or Woodley id like also MR leon Hall

Crowder52
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
no thanks. too short.

Um...he's 6'5.

Redneck Friend
11-15-2006, 12:00 PM
i love this guy!! he is the next juravicious and wont
have the injury bug he has.

i will not cry at all if the finz draft him. a big guy
who seems to be ALWAYS open!!

PLEASE everyone, watch the GLENN BECK show tonight
[wed] on headline news with your family. and tell your
friends to watch also. you wont see this again on ANY
network.

HawkDolphan
11-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I know some of you say BPA, but I'm a firm believer in an OLineman. I'd like a big, run-blocking Olineman because it would help BOTH the offense and the defense. Next year we could be the Ricky & Ronny version of the Miami POUND Machine. Beat down the defense with these guys. Then the passing game opens up and especially the play-action pass gets more wide open for Chambers and Welker.

It keeps our defense Off of the field and minimizes our problems at quarterback.

Maybe the coaching staff goes for the proven veteran Free agent route with Davis and/or Steinbach.

It seems to me that it solves or helps to solve 3 of our biggest 4 problems: Oline (obvious) DLine (fewer plays) and QB (less reliance). Dback is really coming on with the emergence of Bell and (hopefully) the continued emergence of Allen.

Vertical Limit
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
That offensive line is something else. I would love Joe Thomas, but any of the other ones in the 2nd/3rd round would be fine with me. :)

Agent51
11-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Agent 51 - We traded last years 2nd for C-pep. we still have our 2nd in the upcoming draft. The pick we will not have this year is our 5th or 6th base don Joey's playing time, which right now looks like we will lose our 5th.

As for Samardzija, not in the 1st, we need line help first and foremost. But a possession WR later in the draft is very possible as Booker is an UFA after this season as is Welker.

Oh crap, that's right! Sweet, lol, I was getting annoyed with not having all 3 first day picks, looks like we finally will this year :up:

endorPHINS72
11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Jeff Samardzija is big, but don't let that fool you. He is a deep threat with 4.4 speed. Plus he's proven that he can make plays against the best teams in the country.

endorPHINS72
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Um...he's 6'5.

LOL...I guess that's short if you're Bigfoot :lol:

marke27
11-15-2006, 04:13 PM

say if we get about the 10-15th pick range...if joe thomas is there...the fins better draft him.

DonShula84
11-15-2006, 05:05 PM
no thanks. too short.

I know, he's only 6'5 :shakeno:

icephinfan
11-15-2006, 05:05 PM

The best thing to do!!!!

Crowder52
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Jeff Samardzija is big, but don't let that fool you. He is a deep threat with 4.4 speed. Plus he's proven that he can make plays against the best teams in the country.

Really, 4.4 speed? That's shocking.

DonShula84
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Really, 4.4 speed? That's shocking.

More like 4.5 I'd say but either way he isnt slow

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I've actually had the honor of meeting Jeffrey in person and he's a great fellow. As for his ability and draft projection, I've studied him very closely. His game reminds me a lot of Randy Moss'. He's a step or two slower (which is still very impressive), but is a much better route runner and is more dangerous after the catch (i.e. UCLA game this year :eek: ). His attitude is the exact opposite of Moss though, he works hard, plays hard, and has a swell personality to go with that great package.

i grade him a 94.5/100

Roman529
11-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw Jeff S when he played here against Air Force a week or two ago....he does not have blazing speed but he finds ways to get open and he is a big target with good hands. If we are drafting towards the end of the first round and he is there, he might be worth a shot. I think if we have a top ten pick than we pass on Jeff......I think Jeff will be taken between the 20-25th pick of the first round.