PDA

View Full Version : Paper Help.

dolphinsfan69
11-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I have to write a paper for my Intro. to Mass Media class. My topic is controversies in mass media. I was thinking about doing the Rush Limbaugh and the comments he made about Donovan McNabb. Can anyone think of any other topics that i could possibly use??

Quelonio
11-15-2006, 11:07 PM
By controversies in mass media you mean just any controversy, or you mean controversies about media in mass media?

Roman529
11-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah....why is Katie Couric anchoring the CBS news? :wink:

Quelonio
11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Dunno if you consider newspaper mass media, but there is the story about the guy in the New York times that made up all his news... and there also is the one about how the times leaked some national security thing, which has become a controversy on whether that was good journalism or high treason (it was good journalism, but whatever)

PrepDogg
11-16-2006, 12:07 AM
How about that whole Judith Miller New York Times story from about a year ago.

dolphinsfan69
11-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Where can i find information on the Times leaking the national security information??

DeathStar
11-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah....why is Katie Couric anchoring the CBS news? :wink:

:sidelol:

spydertl79
11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Bias on Fox news, check out the book/ documentary titled "outfoxed"

LouPhinFan
11-16-2006, 01:15 AM
I have to write a paper for my Intro. to Mass Media class. My topic is controversies in mass media. I was thinking about doing the Rush Limbaugh and the comments he made about Donovan McNabb. Can anyone think of any other topics that i could possibly use??

Rush and his comments about Michael J. Fox's Parkinsons disease. Rush thought he was acting.

The Times leaking the info about the bank monitoring and national security would be a good one too.

Phinz4Life
11-16-2006, 02:35 AM
I would suggest Jayson Blair and his complete disrespect for honest journalism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

http://www.slate.com/id/2082741/

Aqua4Ever04
11-16-2006, 02:40 AM
How about the "A million Little Pieces" controversey. That guy was a genious for doing that.

King Nate
11-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Hey I have that class too! I don't have to write a paper though. :nana:

Although if I did, nobody speaks controversy like Howard Stern. You could also do something about things that cause a lot of copycat cases, like Jackass for example. And I'm not sure if the profanity filter is going to get that or not but if it does I was talking about the show/movie that is also another name for a donkey. :chuckle:

HysterikiLL
11-16-2006, 05:43 AM
Does it include People Magazine and Us Weekly? If so, I saw these two totally conflicting stories on K-Fed's hairdresser. One said he was Bahamain and the other said he was a Jamaican who had US residency. I mean, what's up with that!? C'mon, people, please get your ****ing **** together and print some correct ****ing stories for onces... you ****tards. I mean, ****! Anyone with me? I know I'm not the only one ****ed to **** about this!

Quelonio
11-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Where can i find information on the Times leaking the national security information??

Check the Political Forum here, the theme has been talked about to death, and I am sure you can find thousands of links to the actuall story.

Miamian
11-16-2006, 06:40 AM
There's also controversy about bias at the BBC.