PDA

View Full Version : Football great wins 'Dancing with the Stars'

BAMAPHIN 22
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
NFL great Emmitt Smith and pro dance partner Cheryl Burke wowed judges Tuesday with a samba.

Three-time Super Bowl champion Emmitt Smith, who proved to be as nimble on his feet in the ballroom as on the football field, was named the winner of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" on Wednesday night.

The NFL's all-time leading rusher beat out actor Mario Lopez.

The hunky, dimpled Lopez was generally regarded as the series most dynamic celebrity dancer. But the public's vote, the deciding factor after the contestants had tied in the judges' tally at Tuesday's final dance-off, brought Smith the victory. (Watch the running back's smooth moves -- 2:41 (javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/showbiz/2006/11/16/clip.dancing.stars.smith.abc.abc','2006/11/23');) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/icon_video-1.gif (javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/showbiz/2006/11/16/clip.dancing.stars.smith.abc.abc','2006/11/23');))

"It is awesome! It is awesome!" declared Smith, after hugging his professional dance partner, Cheryl Burke. "We came a long way, we really have."
Burke won last season, too, on the arm of singer Drew Lachey.

Smith had kind words for Lopez, who was gracious in his defeat. He called the former "Saved by the Bell" star a "true gentleman" and said he and partner Karina Smirnoff "raised the bar" during the competition.
"This whole journey was unbelievable. ... And Karina, most unbelievable person," Lopez gushed. "It's something I'll never forget."

Smith, who spent most of his career with the Dallas Cowboys, and Burke wowed judges on Tuesday with a spirited samba, to the tune of Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke."

"What's so great about you is you are the everyday man who became a dancer in our eyes in the past 10 weeks," judge Carrie Anna Inaba told Smith, who's been dubbed "The Big Easy" for his laid-back elegance and charm.

In the closing segment of Wednesday's decision show, Burke, in a video clip, praised Smith's work ethic.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/15/dancing.with.stars.ap/index.html

Roman529
11-16-2006, 01:49 PM
I will tell you why Emmitt won it and not Mario:

1. Emmitt is easy going and likeable....Mario is cocky and always talks about "How great I danced," ...he never once mentioned his dance partner.

2. Emmitt has style and class.

3. There are a lot of Dallas Cowboy fans out there, who voted for him. :wink:

allport30
11-16-2006, 01:54 PM
i lost all respect for emmit when he left dallas saying he was a diamond in the rough when playing for the cowboys and then he goes to the cardinals and sucks it up...

p.s. that show is gay unless you are staring at the girls the whole time

Go Phins :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Eop05
11-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I will tell you why Emmitt won it and not Mario:

1. Emmitt is easy going and likeable....Mario is cocky and always talks about "How great I danced," ...he never once mentioned his dance partner.

2. Emmitt has style and class.

3. There are a lot of Dallas Cowboy fans out there, who voted for him. :wink:

4. Mario Lopez was pretty much a professional dancer before the show. Emmitt Smith came a long way and looked worlds better last night than he did in the beginning of the season.

NJFINSFAN1
11-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I put this on for about two minutes a few weeks ago, this has to be the must stupid show I have ever seen!

finswin56
11-16-2006, 02:11 PM
i lost all respect for emmit when he left dallas saying he was a diamond in the rough when playing for the cowboys and then he goes to the cardinals and sucks it up...

p.s. that show is gay unless you are staring at the girls the whole time

Go Phins :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:The wife forced me to watch a couple of times. Those girls are smoking :hump:

NJFINSFAN1
11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
The wife forced me to watch a couple of times. Those girls are smoking :hump:

Sure she did!:goof:

finswin56
11-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Sure she did!:goof:Well, she turned it on. But, once those girls and their legs started going... I uh, wasn't exactly quick to leave :D