PDA

View Full Version : ipod question

King Felix
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
aight so ima buy this 30g ipod video for 50 dollars but it needs a new battery. anybody know much that cost? and since its so cheap do they have a way of knowing it was stolen?

mor911
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Don't buy it bro. The battery is built in. Probly gonna spend the same amount getting that fixed than getting a new one.

Don't do it.

Motion
11-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Don't buy it bro. The battery is built in. Probly gonna spend the same amount getting that fixed than getting a new one.

Don't do it.

:yeahthat:

UltraDol-Fan
11-16-2006, 04:36 PM
yup, batteries are not replaceable in the iPod

King Felix
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM

Don't do it.thanks

finfan187
11-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Not to jack the thread but I have been considering an ipod for a while but almost everyone I know has one and about 90% of them have some sort of problem with 'em. The only 2 reasons I am considering it is the accessories and video capabilities.

You guys have problems with yours too?

UltraDol-Fan
11-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I have one of the first gen iPods and never had a problem with it...my wife has a mini and it seems solid too.

NJFINSFAN1
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Not to jack the thread but I have been considering an ipod for a while but almost everyone I know has one and about 90% of them have some sort of problem with 'em. The only 2 reasons I am considering it is the accessories and video capabilities.

I have the older 6 gig, and never have had a problem.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

mor911
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM

I have a 2GB Nano and it's been better to me than that Taiwanese hooker that let me....

:wink:

HysterikiLL
11-16-2006, 06:02 PM
The batteries are replacable. I don't know what these guys are talking about.

My old iPod battery got messed up, so I sold it to my friend and he got the battery replaced and it works fine. You can buy the batteries at a radioshack or any place like that.

It's still a risk though that the battery may not be the only problem once you buy it. I just bought a new iPOd last week and personally, I wouldn't buy one second hand.

Roman529
11-16-2006, 08:10 PM
I heard that Apple is going to be coming out with a Ipod Cell Phone soon.....that could be nice.

tylerdolphin
11-16-2006, 08:16 PM

I got the nano 1 gig, and its been the greatest invention ever so far for me. No problems

unifiedtheory
11-16-2006, 09:04 PM
My g/f has a 2 gig Nano...the thing is mint.

I want to get one for myself even though I never need one. :lol:

King Felix
11-16-2006, 09:23 PM
the one i sold worked fine. it was a mini

Majpain
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a 30 gig and its one of my greatest purchases.

UCFinfan86
11-17-2006, 10:51 AM
I dont wanna jack this thread as well, but i guess now's the best time to ask

My friend gave me his 4 GB nano, and it works fine, except. When i turn it off, after like a few hours it turns back on by itself and its really annoying b/c i will be sleeping and it will turn on and wake me up or if i unplug the headphones it turns on and drains the battery. i tried using the sleep mode and it does it still. Also i have like 600+ songs on it and when it turns on it doens't go to the shuffle of 600+ songs it usually goes to back the 50-60ish and its the most recent songs i have put on there. Does anyone know why??

EDIT: i have used the lock bottom on top as well and it doesn't make a difference