PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith Says Son Inspired His Acting

BAMAPHIN 22
11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif Actor Will Smith waves to fans upon his arrival at his hotel in central Rome, Friday, Nov. 17, 2006. Smith is in Rome to attend the expected wedding of actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, likely to take place at a medieval lakeside town outside Rome, Bracciano, on Saturday.

Will Smith says his 8-year-old son, Jaden, stole scenes in their upcoming father-son drama, "The Pursuit of Happyness." "It's a good thing he's my kid," the 38-year-old actor jokingly tells Premiere magazine in its December issue. "`Cause if he wasn't, I would have been sabotaging his performance."

The movie, due in theaters Dec. 15, is based on the rags-to-riches story of Chris Gardner (Smith), a struggling dad who finds himself and his 5-year-old son homeless.

"He changed my performance," Smith says of Jaden. "You know, when you really capture your greatness, there's going to be something childlike about it. There's going to be something at play, not at work, and watching him I rediscovered that thing that made me successful with `The Fresh Prince (of Bel-Air).'"

"That thing," Smith says, is "spontaneity." But Smith, whose movie credits include "Ali," "Independence Day" and the "Men in Black" movies, also became a star through blind confidence.

"I'm the type of person who always says, `I can do it,' whatever it is," he says.

"And I make myself believe it. Like right now, I feel like if I had to take your tonsils out, really, like with no medical training at all, I could. It's just some kind of bizarre naivete."

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/11/17/will-smith-says-son-inspired-his-acting/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FEntertainment%2FwireStory%3Fid%3D2662514&frame=true

Motion
11-18-2006, 11:26 AM
His new movie looks really good.

Jt0323
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
saw the movie tonight with a few friends...good movie...Will's son did a great job in this movie.

Cool Calm Mike
12-30-2006, 01:25 AM
I just found out yesterday that is his real life son.

Dolphin1184
12-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Loved the movie. Will Smith's acting has matured so much. I won't disclose my favorite scene to avoid spoilers. Using his real son was a great idea and it showed the obvious chemistry the two had in the movie.

Jt0323
12-30-2006, 01:52 AM
one of my favorite parts was

highlight...

after taking the test, will and another guy is in the elevator and they talk about the test... Will said how did you feel about the graph...the guy said it was essay...then will asked what about the essay on the back. The guy was like what essay

Skeet84
12-30-2006, 02:26 AM
His new movie looks really good.

:yes:

Silverphin
12-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Will Smith is a great actor. But damn, I didn't know he was 38.

ih8brady
12-30-2006, 11:15 AM
This was a very good movie, much better than the garbage action movies he usually appears in.

Silverphin
12-30-2006, 11:28 AM
This was a very good movie, much better than the garbage action movies he usually appears in.

Not all of his action movies were garbage. Bad Boys (1 and 2) and I, Robot were great, IMO.