PDA

View Full Version : Motivation of Street Preachers?

spydertl79
11-18-2006, 02:27 AM
There is this looney guy that shows up on USF's campus every day around 12 and begins preaching. His preaching is very offensive and often times racist. I personally find the guy to be absolutely hilarious and find myself sitting down and watching people's reactions to him (especially when he calls the muslims terrorists). In fact, he's tried to start an argument with me before and I just laughed at him and shook my head because I didn't want to make an *** out of myself for arguing with this weirdo. I was wondering if anyone knew the motivation for this? He isn't reaching anyone, is he just insane or does street preaching actually serve some function?

Slappy8800
11-18-2006, 04:40 AM
i ALWAYS argue with them...its fun...especially when they walk away from me and i start following them and they start to jog away

MNFINFAN
11-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Personally I think there must be a screw loose up there, but there may be some that are so passionate about their beliefs that they want to let everyone know. I usually try to ignore them.

What would modern society do to Jesus? If he was born in these times where people are such skeptics, and took up his ministry in the streets like he did in the bible, he would probably be treated like the street preacher above.

WeVie
11-18-2006, 11:08 AM
There is a woman here whrere I live who drives up and down the road preaching. She has a bull horn in top of here car and I suppose she has a mic in her car she talks through. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

Mike13
11-18-2006, 12:29 PM
i ALWAYS argue with them...its fun...especially when they walk away from me and i start following them and they start to jog away

I can picture that.:lol:

Silverphin
11-18-2006, 01:10 PM
There is this looney guy that shows up on USF's campus every day around 12 and begins preaching. His preaching is very offensive and often times racist. I personally find the guy to be absolutely hilarious and find myself sitting down and watching people's reactions to him (especially when he calls the muslims terrorists). In fact, he's tried to start an argument with me before and I just laughed at him and shook my head because I didn't want to make an *** out of myself for arguing with this weirdo. I was wondering if anyone knew the motivation for this? He isn't reaching anyone, is he just insane or does street preaching actually serve some function?

We got one of those at FAU. Pissed a friend of mine off. :shakeno:

Mike13
11-18-2006, 02:55 PM
We got one of those at FAU. Pissed a friend of mine off. :shakeno:

And when they are done calling everyone a sinner they ask for donations.