PDA

View Full Version : Best time to visit south Florida

ganooch
11-18-2006, 03:27 PM
A question for you guys down in South Florida.
My wife and I visit her grandmother in Sunny Isles every year.
Last year (Oct 05) we went with my four month old son but had to cut the trip early because of hurrican Wilma.
we would like to go next year after our second child is born in March.

My question is when is the best time to visit weather wise? Heat, strength of sun rain, and of course Hurricanes are always a risk. So not withstanding hurricanes when is our best bet?

Mike13
11-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Now the weather is perfect, its 70 degrees outside, with a low in the 60s- high 50s.

Even when it does get hot during the winter(or as its called down here: The period of slighly less heat) It is a dry heat.

ganooch
11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Now the weather is perfect, its 70 degrees outside, with a low in the 60s- high 50s.

Even when it does get hot during the winter(or as its called down here: The period of slighly less heat) It is a dry heat.
Can we still go to the beach? If not when is the best time as I asked above and we can still enjoy the sand and beautiful ocean?

Mike13
11-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Can we still go to the beach? If not when is the best time as I asked above and we can still enjoy the sand and beautiful ocean?

The water is probably chilly, but the best time for that would be in Spring or in the Summer.

ganooch
11-18-2006, 03:50 PM
The water is probably chilly, but the best time for that would be in Spring or in the Summer.
thanks.

cnc66
11-18-2006, 03:57 PM
May or June..before hurricane season gets going... water's warm, sun is hot, good beach weather. For a visit, can't beat right now, but Ima sissy about cool water... if it's not bathtub warm...80 deg, I won't get in....hell, I wear a full wetsuit on a August, 30 foot dive...

ganooch
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
May or June..before hurricane season gets going... water's warm, sun is hot, good beach weather. For a visit, can't beat right now, but Ima sissy about cool water... if it's not bathtub warm...80 deg, I won't get in....hell, I wear a full wetsuit on a August, 30 foot dive...
I am just concerned about my kids. My son will be 2 in june and I have one on the way in march. we went in Oct of 05 and the weather was perfect except for when Hurricane wilma was on her way. I do not want too strong a sun. Maybe June

Miamian
11-18-2006, 04:07 PM
I would suggest April. Starting in May you're going to be sweating even at night and the rains start. Starting in June it may rain every day. In April it's warm during the day but cool enough at night that you can enjoy an evening outdoors without sweating.

Kdawg954
11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Definitely April or May, u have the spring breakers but weather wise, it is real nice.

Right now is lovely outside tho, too cold for the beach IMO, but I am a life long Floridian . . Friday Morning I wore long sleeves and long pants and was cold, the guy from NY at my job came in shorts and a tank top like it was nothing.

Roman529
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
I liked Orlando in February.....I bet anytime is nice except the Summer. I am hoping someday I can live in Miami during the football season and the rest of the year here in Colorado. :tongue: