CrazyCarl
11-18-2006, 06:14 PM
we don't need J Allen at CB anymore

Bell and Allen at safety

Daniels, Goodman, W Allen and a draftee/FA at CB

that is our best bet

I don't mind the BPA idea but the odds that a S is the BPA is slim

I would rather take the best LB, LT, WR, DT available

Landry is a beast, he can tackle he can ball hawk..

Ide feel better with him at Safety and Allen at CB

tonto_phin
11-18-2006, 06:20 PM
our pass defense would be sick, any way you stack it

our front seven isn't getting any younger, if we got Landry hopefully we could score a stud LB/NT in FA

Crowder52
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I like your list. I have CB at #2 on mine after OL, and LB after that.

elandre
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Jason Allen wont be playing CB next year... not for what he is getting paid to play S !

If Bell keeps up the good work and Allen steps up i say we wont draft a S in the 1st day.

I say we try to get Buster Davis:D this LB core would be amazing with him. He brings in speed and has got the size factor 5-11 250LBS which saban loves

tonto_phin
11-18-2006, 06:24 PM
our CB's have solidified

Lamar Woodley or Quentin Moses would make us scary too

miami234ever
11-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Patrick Willis would be good.

elandre
11-18-2006, 06:33 PM
We have so many CB's for next year its not worth a 1st round pick

Will Poole is coming back 2 :D

Crowder52
11-18-2006, 06:39 PM

Will Poole is coming back 2 :D

First point: quantity is not the same thing as quality

Second point: the use of the words "Will Poole" in a discussion of future Dolphins' CBs should be prohibited

elite14eva
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM

Will Poole is coming back 2 :Ddidn't we cut him?

elandre
11-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Look here brotha ... Will Poole was playin lights out his rookie year so come talk to me ok..

yea we let him go because he was still injured but he is suppoedly comin back

elandre
11-18-2006, 06:52 PM
If there is no half decent LB or DT i say we Draft the Center from WV that guy could open some MEGA holes for Ronnie Brown

ItsOurTime32
11-18-2006, 07:06 PM
oh i guess our quarterback problems have just solved themselves

a miracle

MrEd
11-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I like your list. I have CB at #2 on mine after OL, and LB after that.

I totally disagree. If you look at the teams with probowl type corners and they only do as good as the pass rush. when their teams don't apply pressure on the QBs they get picked apart like the rest of them.

I think what we need is just another CB to add to the mix in maybe the 3rd round.

Our 1st needs are:

WR, LT, OLB...in the 1st two rounds and then NT and CB 3rd round and beyond

MrEd
11-18-2006, 07:10 PM
our CB's have solidified

yep. if MIA replaces Booker with a speedster via free agency I could definitely see Saban going OLB/DE or LT if we pick high enough

But our 3 main positions of need are WR, LT, and OLB.

Crowder52
11-18-2006, 07:16 PM
I totally disagree. If you look at the teams with probowl type corners and they only do as good as the pass rush. when their teams don't apply pressure on the QBs they get picked apart like the rest of them.

I think what we need is just another CB to add to the mix in maybe the 3rd round.

Our 1st needs are:

WR, LT, OLB...in the 1st two rounds and then NT and CB 3rd round and beyond

So you say how important the pass rush is, then suggest WR and LT? I don't understand your point...Obviously a good pash rush helps corners play better, but it is still an important position.

I could make the same argument against you saying WR in the first round by saying a WR can't do anything without a solid QB and good O-Line to protect him. That doesn't diminish the importance of the position, though.

willmode
11-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I think a nose tackle would not be what we want, with Traylor,Evans,R.Wright,Big Cat, and even a chance Manny Wright comes back. We have what we need . Early Pick= Best DE,Lb Late to mid pick= oline

elite14eva
11-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I think a nose tackle would not be what we want, with Traylor,Evans,R.Wright,Big Cat, and even a chance Manny Wright comes back. We have what we need . Early Pick= Best DE,Lb Late to mid pick= olinei think traylor is gone after this season.

elandre
11-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I think a nose tackle would not be what we want, with Traylor,Evans,R.Wright,Big Cat, and even a chance Manny Wright comes back. We have what we need . Early Pick= Best DE,Lb Late to mid pick= oline

YUP YUP !:dolphins:
BRING ON DAN MOZES

VanDolPhan
11-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Look here brotha ... Will Poole was playin lights out his rookie year so come talk to me ok..

yea we let him go because he was still injured but he is suppoedly comin back

Yah because he wouldn't reach an injury settlement. He's done, finished. He won't make it far into training camp if they don't just cut him straight up after the season.

SR 7
11-18-2006, 07:46 PM
De, Lb, Wr, Lt, Db. All Of Those Are A Need.

WestCKoastiN
11-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Jake Long OL from Michigan should be a great pickup, yeah the guy who broke Bobby Carpenters leg not to mention i think we play Dallas next season.

tonto_phin
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
oh i guess our quarterback problems have just solved themselves

a miracle

Saban isn't drafting a QB, so let it go

there are many QB bitching threads for you

tonto_phin
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Evans,R.Wright,Big Cat, and even a chance Manny Wright

true NT's are hard to find, if we can't draft one then we will have to pin our hopes on these guys. I really have high hopes for Evans, Manny Wright can go f himself

Vertical Limit
11-18-2006, 08:48 PM
our CB's have solidified

LaMarr Woodley = Shawne Merriman

SR 7
11-18-2006, 09:03 PM
LaMarr Woodley = Shawne Merriman

thats what i have been saying bu tmarriman seems a bit faster then WOodley.

tonto_phin
11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Woodley will probably be gone before we pick, oh well

MrEd
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
So you say how important the pass rush is, then suggest WR and LT? I don't understand your point...Obviously a good pash rush helps corners play better, but it is still an important position.

I could make the same argument against you saying WR in the first round by saying a WR can't do anything without a solid QB and good O-Line to protect him. That doesn't diminish the importance of the position, though.

I didn't suggest WR and LT to solve our pass rush issues? You need to sharpen your reading comprehension skills or stop seeing what you want to see...

I stated that pass rush is the "key" issue in secondary play. Never said we had a problem with pass rush but another OLB would add to our already good pass rush. In other words, OLB is more dire than CB.

But that our most "dire" needs are WR, OL, and OLB...then NT and CB. See? CB is there...just "LAST". :tongue:

MrEd
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM

You forget that Traylor has a bad knee, is 38 next year, and an UFA? He shouldn't be here next season, so we need his replacement to backup Big Daddy. Evans is more of a DT not a NT. Manny Wright is a possibility but he is also a "possibility". In other words, he is a question mark.

and R. Wright is a DE, not a NT. Don't get confused with where he played in college. They are training him at DE.

MrEd
11-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Saban isn't drafting a QB, so let it go

there are many QB bitching threads for you

I know! I was thinking that same thing and it has been urking me. I wish Finheaven separated the kid threads with the grown up threads or something because these guys must be under age. :shakeno:

retarmyfinfan
11-18-2006, 10:05 PM
I am excluding QB, becuase we won't be drafting one on the first Day

1. OL

2. LB

3. NT

4. WR, RB, CB

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even though I like Joey, he has not proven himself to be a consistent starter and he needs to prove that right now in the remaining 7 games. And nobody knows for sure wether CP's knee will ever be the same and we will not know until well into the 2008 season.. If CP does not get back to form, and JH stays inconsistent and we do not pick a QB in the 1st round where does that leave us? We pick a QB in 2008 that might be ready to play in 2009, if he pans out? If Brady Quinn, Troy Smith, or Chad Henne are there when we pick I believe we will pick one of them. We need to pick best value not need. If the best OL on our 1st pick is only graded a 2nd round value by our coaching/scouting staff it would be ridiculous to pick him.

mmikel30
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Landry is a beast, he can tackle he can ball hawk..

Ide feel better with him at Safety and Allen at CBallen is not a cb i don't care what he was in college or what saban mentioned allen is a safety

tonto_phin
11-19-2006, 01:49 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even though I like Joey, he has not proven himself to be a consistent starter and he needs to prove that right now in the remaining 7 games. And nobody knows for sure wether CP's knee will ever be the same and we will not know until well into the 2008 season.

it's bad enough that Brees is all-world, but giving up on CP before the start of the next season would be a PR disaster and an insult to Pep

I would be so shocked if Saban had the balls to do it

We need to pick best value not need.

need = value to a great extent

would Quinn have great value to a team with an elite QB? of course not

anyways QB's are a risky investment, we could more easily build a shut-down defense and a running game

a Duhe/Baumhower kind of draft would do more for us than a rookie QB

Aussiefinfan54
11-19-2006, 09:24 AM
looks pretty good to me

Crowder52
11-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I didn't suggest WR and LT to solve our pass rush issues? You need to sharpen your reading comprehension skills or stop seeing what you want to see...

I stated that pass rush is the "key" issue in secondary play. Never said we had a problem with pass rush but another OLB would add to our already good pass rush. In other words, OLB is more dire than CB.

But that our most "dire" needs are WR, OL, and OLB...then NT and CB. See? CB is there...just "LAST". :tongue:

Frankly your post made no sense. You went off on a tangent about pass rush, then said our biggest needs were elsewhere. That would be like me saying how important a running game is, then saying we need D-Line in the draft. You cleared that up in this post by saying you think we already have a good pass rush, so I understand now.

However, the CB - pass rush argument still holds little validity. Ever hear of a "coverage sack"? Well, I'll tell you what it is. It's when the CBs lock up the WRs and the QB has nowhere to throw the ball, leading to the D-Line getting a sack. It works both ways. Every single position on the field compliments another position. That doesn't make those positions less important.

gillderais
11-19-2006, 12:25 PM

1. OL

2. LB

3. NT

4. WR, RB, CB

If we can, we definately need to draft an offensive lineman, preferably a tackle. It's going to be hard to get Thomas. I can't see him passing Arizona. Houston would also take him IMO. Baker on the other hand would likely be available when we pick.

tonto_phin
11-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I like the job that Mac has done at LT, but if he was the answer I guess we wouldn't have replaced him in the first place

if a LT doesn't fall to us in the first round, we could still stand to go C/G in later rounds

MrEd
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I like the job that Mac has done at LT, but if he was the answer I guess we wouldn't have replaced him in the first place

if a LT doesn't fall to us in the first round, we could still stand to go C/G in later rounds

After watching our run defense today...I realize that we are going to need a NT to replace Traylor next season when/if he retires.

Roman529
11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
You all overlooked one big need:

KICKER :shakeno:

Kyfinsfan
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I agree that we need more meat generally. I think we need upgrades at Center, Guard, and Tackle. Taking any two of these may solve the other. For example drafting a good Center might allow Hadnot to switch back to Guard. Drafting a tackle, i.e. Baker and/or Long (Thomas would be great but won't get to us now) would allow us to possibly shift Carey to LT if the rookie has to play RT early in his career. Additionally, we need to keep drafting DL. Toldeo should be pretty good coming back, and we have drafted a number of DL in later rounds, but we MUST keep it up because age on the D-line and talent defincientcy on the O-line will hold a team back.

MrEd
11-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Frankly your post made no sense. You went off on a tangent about pass rush, then said our biggest needs were elsewhere. That would be like me saying how important a running game is, then saying we need D-Line in the draft. You cleared that up in this post by saying you think we already have a good pass rush, so I understand now.

However, the CB - pass rush argument still holds little validity. Ever hear of a "coverage sack"? Well, I'll tell you what it is. It's when the CBs lock up the WRs and the QB has nowhere to throw the ball, leading to the D-Line getting a sack. It works both ways. Every single position on the field compliments another position. That doesn't make those positions less important.

yes, and I saw a couple of those against the Vikes so...we don't need a 1st round CB is my point. We just need one more backup to Will Allen just in case Poole doesn't make it back.

TexanPhinatic
11-20-2006, 01:38 AM
anyways QB's are a risky investment, we could more easily build a shut-down defense and a running game

Its really not any more risky than any other position. The first round is LITTERED with failures and waste from all positions. People keep shouting about D/OT-the failure rate on these positions is just as great as QB.

As for giving up on Pep, what did he show anyone to make you think he can get back to the way he was 2 years ago. We are talking about a 30+ year old RUNNING QB (they almost to a man decline fast at this age), with health issues, an inability to read Defenses, holds onto the ball to long. etc. Guys, he isnt going up, hes going down. And Joey is Joey, decent but no more. Will occassionally make a play, will somewhat more often give up a big one. Face the music! QB is our biggest need atm. Will Saban swallow his pride? God i hope so. Just admit you screwed up the Brees thing and move on.

After that id agree that some meat on the O or D line would be nice, but those positions it seems are often filled by teams using lower round picks. Some "future" to back up aging vets at spots like LB would be nice, as would a top WR, but that will be hard to find as i expect CJ and probably Teddy Ginn to be gone by our pick.

Quinn would be the ideal choice-a team with a big ? at QB cant afford to pass up a player like that, but I doubt he will be around by our pick. Maybe if Brohm comes out or Troy Smith impresses in stuff like the Senior Bowl and combine we go for them.

Honestly, unless Quinn falls to us or we trade to get him, or if Brohm/Smith?stanton/other QB impresses we will go BPA.

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-20-2006, 02:06 AM
yes, and I saw a couple of those against the Vikes so...we don't need a 1st round CB is my point. We just need one more backup to Will Allen just in case Poole doesn't make it back.

I agree, we are strong enough at corner already. It's obvious offense is what is letting the team down. Pick best player available on offense except for OL, RB, and receiver for which we are already fine at.

Mike13
11-20-2006, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't mind Quinn, but man this place would go nuts once we get him, and once he struggles.

TexanPhinatic
11-20-2006, 02:16 AM
I wouldn't mind Quinn, but man this place would go nuts once we get him, and once he struggles.

Just reiterates how much of a total crapshoot the draft is. When a guy like reggie bush (the preseason league RotY and MVP) stuggles yet a 7th rounder is developing into a top notch WR it shows just how crazy it is.

The truth is you just get all teh info you can, make the call and pray it works!

You pick Quinn and he bombs and your run out of town. He succeeds and your placed next to Shula. Take someone else like Landry and if he bombs your the new Wanny, if he develops into the next Polamalu or Reed your a hero. Just pick your guy and go from there :cooldude:

23Dolphins34
11-20-2006, 02:17 AM
After watching our run defense today...I realize that we are going to need a NT to replace Traylor next season when/if he retires.

I don't believe there is a whole to choose from in the draft at NT. Tank Tyler comes to mind but do you want to spend a first on him if were picking between 10-17? I don't believe he will be available in the 2nd. May have to see if Frederick Evans will be able to take over for Traylor next year.

MrEd
11-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree, we are strong enough at corner already. It's obvious offense is what is letting the team down. Pick best player available on offense except for OL, RB, and receiver for which we are already fine at.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Receiver??? That is our main need on O other than a healthy DC! And OL! And we need a NT and an OLB on D.

Oh, and we need to insert the FB fulltime.

MrEd
11-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't believe there is a whole to choose from in the draft at NT. Tank Tyler comes to mind but do you want to spend a first on him if were picking between 10-17? I don't believe he will be available in the 2nd. May have to see if Frederick Evans will be able to take over for Traylor next year.

You want NT's to be at least 320lbs and usually 6'-2' or 6'-3"...usually...now there are exceptions of course.

MrEd
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM

...also that sig is so pro gay marriage...if you know what i mean...:sidelol:

PhinFan0202
11-20-2006, 08:13 PM

1. OL

2. LB

3. NT

4. WR, RB, CB

The draft has some good talent at the WR position. Jeff Samardizja, Dewaynne Jarrett, and Calvin Johnson are at the top of the WR class. If we were to team one of these guys up with Chris Chambers we could have more big play potential that we have now. Booker is good and all but i think we can get better on offense if we had another WR to partner up with Chambers, Welker, and Mcmike.

VanDolPhan
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Its really not any more risky than any other position. The first round is LITTERED with failures and waste from all positions. People keep shouting about D/OT-the failure rate on these positions is just as great as QB.

Only because they keep spouting off on this when I've already proved multiple times that the success rate for OT's in the top half of the first round is higher then any other position. Can read up on it if you want.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061490142#post1061490142

Anyways the big 4 needs this team needs in no particular order are:

LT, Center, Pass Rushing LB (our LB's can't push rush to save their lives) and a NT.

TexanPhinatic
11-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Yes lots of those guys have been great, just look at Richmond Webb. I would love to have a guy like that.

But there are plenty of failures there too. Mike Williams became infamous in Buffalo, Gallery in Oakland is nowhere near to living up to his billing etc. There is sucess and failure with every position. And not to nitpick, or perhaps i didnt read the thread far enough, but where did you show the success/failure rate of other positions?

Anyway, my basic point is that if a franchise QB is around when we are picking, or we have a shot at getting one through an attractive trade or whatever, we should go for it. Its a need pick for reasons I and many others have gone over. If not, I wouldnt be opposed to the OLine. Im not saying we should never pick oline cause they always fail or anything like that :)

Mike13
11-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Just reiterates how much of a total crapshoot the draft is. When a guy like reggie bush (the preseason league RotY and MVP) stuggles yet a 7th rounder is developing into a top notch WR it shows just how crazy it is.

The truth is you just get all teh info you can, make the call and pray it works!

You pick Quinn and he bombs and your run out of town. He succeeds and your placed next to Shula. Take someone else like Landry and if he bombs your the new Wanny, if he develops into the next Polamalu or Reed your a hero. Just pick your guy and go from there :cooldude:

The problem is it takes a few years to fully evaluate a rookie QB.

tonto_phin
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
You want NT's to be at least 320lbs and usually 6'-2' or 6'-3"...usually...now there are exceptions of course.

we should give Fonoti a tryout....

but seriously it is hard to find a NT, perhaps if Traylor can grow into a NT then maybe Vickerson, Evans or RodWright could grow into one

LouPhinFan
11-21-2006, 01:29 AM

I hope the Fins take a serious look at Amobi Okoye from Louisville.

6'1" 317 LBS. He's a senior, but he's only 19 years old!:eek:

Mature, intelligent leader of U of L's defense, can play both run and pass. I think he could be had in possibly the 3rd round. At 19 years old, he still has more physical development that's going to happen. He could easily end up at 325 LBS and have plenty of years to play in the league.

Here's what U of L's website says about him:

Has grown up in the Cardinals' football program... signed with Louisville when he was 15... big, strong athlete who'll bolster the defensive line... has gotten better each season... runs well for his size... run-stopper the Cardinals' need to keep their steady improvement on defense.
Career Notes: Has played in 35 games, including 11 as a starter... burst on the scene in 2003 as the youngest player in the NCAA at 16 years of age.
2005: Registered 23 tackles and four tackles for loss... recorded four tackles against West Virginia... returned to action versus North Carolina and recorded one tackle... didn't play against Florida Atlantic because of a foot sprain... notched three tackles against South Florida... registered two tackles and recovered a fumble versus Kentucky.
2004: Appeared in 11 of 12 games... recorded 26 total tackles and a sack... didn't play versus ECU because of a shoulder injury... made only collegiate start versus Army and responded with a career-high seven tackles... recorded one tackle in the season opener against Kentucky.
2003: The youngest player in college football at 16 years old... one of eight true freshman to earn time... played in all 13 games at defensive tackle... credited with 17 tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack... recorded a career-best four tackles against Tulane... registered three tackles versus Army and Memphis... notched first career sack versus UTEP.
Lee High School: Originally hails from Anambra, Nigeria ... extremely bright ... size, speed and work ethic are pluses ... tested into the ninth grade as a 12-year-old when his family moved to Huntsville from Nigeria ... played three years of prep football ... took up the sport as a sophomore, knowing next to nothing about the game ... started 13 games on the defensive line as a 13-year-old ... played both ways, earning honorable mention all-state honors as a junior ... logged 60 tackles and nine sacks, earning first-team All-State honors on both sides of the ball as a senior.
Personal Profile: Son of Augustine and Edna Okoye... born 6/10/87... Psychology major.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okoye_amobi00.html

So far this year:

27 solo tackles
14 assists
11 tackles for a loss
6 sacks
3 forced fumbles
3 QB hurries
even has 1 pass defended

TexanPhinatic
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
The problem is it takes a few years to fully evaluate a rookie QB.

It often takes a few years to evaluate any player. To take my example, think the Saints are gonna cut Bush this offseason? Not a prayer-even if he keeps performing at this level they will keep him and he likely will develop into an incredible player.

Also part of the problem with QBs is that they have no backup position. If a tackle fails, he can be moved to guard and be good, or a reciever dropping into the #2 or 3 roles, etc. A QB tends to be hit or miss, whereas many other positions can have some sucess where otherwise there would be a failure.
Not advocating we draft based on this principle, that would be silly, but it just puts things even in a bit more perspective. That said, QBs as playmakers/starts/etc dont seem to have a disproportional failure rate, and the return for a sucess is the greatest you can get out of the draft.

The QB is the leader of the team, the general, the key factor that everything else is based around. There are exceptions yes, see the Ravens SB win with Dilfer at the helm, but they are few and far between.

Think the Pats win any of their championships without Brady? Nope. I want someone who can lead us for years to come. I dont want a brief burst out of Pepper than back to square one. And thats assuming he even CAN get back to his old self (doubtful).

PhinSoldia
11-21-2006, 01:55 AM
i just have a really odd feeling that we will pick Jarret in the first round....not that i would be upset...but i would want an Oline i would like to see us draft another cornerstone other than carey

Rafiki
11-21-2006, 01:58 AM
My list

Defensive Lineman
Kicker
Offensive Lineman
Linebackers
Defensive Backs
Wide Recievers

Majpain
11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Guys we will get James Laurenitis in 08. The best So LB in College.

Vertical Limit
11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
i just have a really odd feeling that we will pick Jarret in the first round....not that i would be upset...but i would want an Oline i would like to see us draft another cornerstone other than carey
A receiver that can catch? Sign me up for that.

But really, I want an DE/OLB like a LaMarr Woodley. This guy will make "Shawne Merrimen" type of noise in the NFL.

maverick50
11-21-2006, 06:41 PM
well iI am going with oline thru f/a at least 1 player and 1 olineman in the draft. then i am going 2 wrs, 1 olb 1 dt and 1 te or safety.

my ideal draft would be like this.
de/olb victor de grate (a player just like zach )
lt corry hilliard
wr calvin jackson (IS THAT HIS NAME FROM GEORGIA )
wr Djuan Woods a cross between chambers and harrison
oline anyone who is a playmaker
olb michael griffin from texas him and degrate would be the best pair since like, ever
a dt would not kill us

what about te do we need to get one late in the draft.:eek:

VanDolPhan
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes lots of those guys have been great, just look at Richmond Webb. I would love to have a guy like that.

But there are plenty of failures there too. Mike Williams became infamous in Buffalo, Gallery in Oakland is nowhere near to living up to his billing etc. There is sucess and failure with every position. And not to nitpick, or perhaps i didnt read the thread far enough, but where did you show the success/failure rate of other positions?

Anyway, my basic point is that if a franchise QB is around when we are picking, or we have a shot at getting one through an attractive trade or whatever, we should go for it. Its a need pick for reasons I and many others have gone over. If not, I wouldnt be opposed to the OLine. Im not saying we should never pick oline cause they always fail or anything like that :)

Actually the point was to show that the hit ratio was very high and you pretty much named the entire list failures. I could go through the rest of positions but I don't need to do such to show what I already know (plus it's time consuming ;p). If someone wants to break down the other positions they are free to do it but it doesn't take a breakdown to show DT's and WR's have been iffy picks in the high end for a long time.

I'm not against picking up a DT though if there's a beast of a NT prospect sitting there. I'd be happy with LT or DT in the first. LB I think could come in the 2nd.

TexanPhinatic
11-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Actually the point was to show that the hit ratio was very high and you pretty much named the entire list failures.

Sorry if that was the impression I gave, was not meant. Just saying that there are always some who fail and some who dont. One advantage to the OT position is that if a player doesnt cut it as LT, they can try and be good at RT or a guard spot. Somewhat raises the success rate of OLinemen in that regard.

But anyway, my top need is QB. Its painfully obvious. Would not mind a nice WR like Ted Ginn or Jarrett. And ofc if a big lineman drops to us that would be nice (some guy out of USC i think could go around where we will pick, forget his name).

At this point in time, the D is really coming together. It can use some depth and youth badly, but youth and depth is not something you go for in round 1, you take a playmaker in round 1, someone who will come in and start and change stuff (the one exception being a QB for its incredible complexity). Or at least thats the ideal :P

VanDolPhan
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
But anyway, my top need is QB. Its painfully obvious. Would not mind a nice WR like Ted Ginn or Jarrett. And ofc if a big lineman drops to us that would be nice (some guy out of USC i think could go around where we will pick, forget his name).

Your going to be highly disappointed then. Saban's going to stick with Culpepper for another year. At best we might see a day 2 pick at QB.

Heck if we get a DT and 2 new OL (won't happen) outta that first day I'd probably crap myself ;p

TexanPhinatic
11-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Nah, Im pretty sure whoever we pull out of the first round will be good for us, its a very deep draft in that regard with some big name playmakers who could go late in the round. A QB is our biggest need, but that doesnt mean we cant use other players :)

SamTodd
11-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I'd like to see us pick moses, or and OLB early.