11-18-2006, 08:43 PM
OK where is NJ at? :lol:

Roman529
11-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Cincy is playing some decent Defense.

fishfanfromjerz
11-18-2006, 09:08 PM
OK where is NJ at? :lol:

thats funny....im trying to locate a person who knows where ohio is on a map :tongue:

Rocky Raccoon
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I really like Rutgers but I have a bad feeling about this game.

Roman529
11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
thats funny....im trying to locate a person who knows where ohio is on a map :tongue:

I meant NJFinsFan1. :lol: He is a big Rutger's fan, and he foolishly roots for the NY Mets too. :wink:

Roman529
11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
10-0 Cincy. :eek:

Roman529
11-18-2006, 09:37 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!! INT run back for a TD.....17-0 Cincy....can't believe this.

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM

So did I going into this game, this had trap game written all over it for Rutgers and Cincy is a very underrated team.

Teel really needs to step up if he wants this dream season to continue.

finswin56
11-18-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm pulling for Rutgers, even though they could put a kink in the Gators' plans. I really hope Rutgers goes undefeated. That would put another black mark on the BCS

finfansince72
11-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Rutgers National Title Hopes officially over. They are going to have to comeback and put up like 80 on this team, and they look like they arent even going to win, to have any hope of moving up.
PS Their kicker sucks.

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Rutgers National Title Hopes officially over. They are going to have to comeback and put up like 80 on this team, and they look like they arent even going to win, to have any hope of moving up.
PS Their kicker sucks.

How is it officially over when this game isn't even at halftime yet?

Roman529
11-18-2006, 09:52 PM

Didn't Rutgers come back on West Virginia???

Cool Calm Mike
11-18-2006, 09:54 PM

Louisville

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 09:54 PM

Louisville, down 25-7 in the 3rd.

Not saying Rutgers is coming back but it's way to soon to say it's over for them.

FLOUNDER
11-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Important question..........

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 10:03 PM

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???

I dont know that you'd be ranked higher. If RU loses here they will drop a lot so a win vs them wont mean as much for you. Voters could take that into account and put Louisville ahead of you in their polls.

finswin56
11-18-2006, 10:03 PM

If Rutgers loses tonight, and we (wvu) win out. Would we get the big east championship bid because we would be ranked higher than louisville, but still have the same record. Or what it go to louisville because of the two teams with two losses they beat us???I believe it goes to the team with the higher BCS ranking.

Roman529
11-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Louisville

Ooops I meant Louisville. Well you know what a mean...there are two halves of football...and Rutgers just got the ball back.

Roman529
11-18-2006, 10:06 PM
It's not Rutger's night...bad pass.

FLOUNDER
11-18-2006, 10:06 PM
dont know that you'd be ranked higher. If RU loses here they will drop a lot so a win vs them wont mean as much for you. Voters could take that into account and put Louisville ahead of you in their polls.

If we do beat them, it will mean more because they would be the only team that Louisville lost to this season, and if we beat them. It would really help us out

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 10:08 PM
If we do beat them, it will mean more because they would be the only team that Louisville lost to this season, and if we beat them. It would really help us out

Yeah, but your only loss is to UL, I'd think that would help them when doing the rankings. Two teams with the same ranking, how could you not rank the team that won the head to head matchup first? WVU could be ranked higher though, and they'd get the BCS I believe if that happened.

finfansince72
11-18-2006, 10:09 PM

Its over. It doesnt matter if they win, they have to win big to hope to move up. No one is going to move them up if they have to pickup a miracle win against Cincy. This isnt just true of Rutgers but anyone in the top spots, you have to win big against lesser teams to go past other teams. Rutgers is done as far as National Title hopes are concerned. I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Teel is just awful tonight, unfortunately they don't have anyone who could step in and save the day.

54Fins
11-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Take it from me,kids.17-3 at halftime does not look good for a BSC Championship right now.Rutgers looks too lathargic.The last fade before the half was what I thought they were going do.So did Cincy.:shakeno:

finswin56
11-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, but your only loss is to UL, I'd think that would help them when doing the rankings. Two teams with the same ranking, how could you not rank the team that won the head to head matchup first? WVU could be ranked higher though, and they'd get the BCS I believe if that happened.:yeahthat: You never know, but UL won comfortably.

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Its over. It doesnt matter if they win, they have to win big to hope to move up. No one is going to move them up if they have to pickup a miracle win against Cincy. This isnt just true of Rutgers but anyone in the top spots, you have to win big against lesser teams to go past other teams. Rutgers is done as far as National Title hopes are concerned. I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Cincinnati is ALOT tougher than you think and is likely heading to a Bowl game if they win tonight and Rutgers isn't going to win the title by leaping over anyone beating up on teams but rather by the top teams losing like if Cal beat USC and so on.

I wouldnt put Rutgers above Michigan whether they win or not, Michigan would beat Rutgers by 30 at least.

Rutgers is no where the program that Ohio St. and Michigan's are and chances are they will never be and if they were to make it to the title game and played Ohio St. and beat them it might be one of the greatest upsets of all time in College football.

I'm no fool man.

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
:yeahthat: You never know, but UL won comfortably.

I'll deny writing that if I have to argue ND over Michigan in the Title Game though :D

finswin56
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll deny writing that if I have to argue ND over Michigan in the Title Game though :D:lol:

finswin56
11-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Damn, now that's a goal line stand :eek:

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow! What a play.

HysterikiLL
11-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Holy crap, I just looked at the score and saw this. Really surprised. This would be big for Cincinnatii if they can pull this out, being that they normally suck and all.

I'm looking at the scoreboard and Wake Forest is geting beat up too. I guess this is the end of the line for the dream-story little guys this week. LSU gettin' whooped too. Am I awake?

finfansince72
11-18-2006, 10:55 PM
This is officially a beat down.

Cool Calm Mike
11-18-2006, 10:56 PM
The dream is over.

Roman529
11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Shocking!!! :eek:

Majpain
11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Lol so much for Rutgers. Didnt someone say they can compete with anyone? I guess they cant compete with the Bearcats :lol:

Ronnie Bass
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Lol so much for Rutgers. Didnt someone say they can compete with anyone? I guess they cant compete with the Bearcats :lol:

This game isn't really that surprising - well the severity of this beat down might be - because anytime a program that just tasted nation wide attention as RU did last week it's alot to experience for the first time and I could see how easily one can lose their focus. Now they need to learn from this and continue building, or chopping.

And Cincy impressed me tonight, they are a very underrated team.

Coral Reefer
11-19-2006, 12:45 AM
So much for the BCS "controversy".

finswin56
11-19-2006, 01:02 AM
So much for the BCS "controversy".Maybe for that one, but there's a big ole nasty can of worms right around the corner.

Coral Reefer
11-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Maybe for that one, but there's a big ole nasty can of worms right around the corner.

:lol:

Yes there is but at least were talking programs that deserve to be in the mix now.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 01:22 AM
:lol:

Yes there is but at least were talking programs that deserve to be in the mix now.:yes:

LouPhinFan
11-19-2006, 04:30 AM

As far as who wins the Big East Championship, I don't think BCS standings matter. If Louisville wins out and WVU beats Rutgers, U of L wins the Big East Championship because Rutgers has 2 losses, U of L and WVU have 1 loss each, but U of L beat WVU. The regular season champion (since there isn't a Big East Championship Game) represents the Big East in the Orange Bowl. WVU will probably get an at-large bid in a BCS game and Rutgers will end up in the Gator Bowl.

I mean it would be silly to decide your conference champion on the BCS standing and not the wins and losses. Especially since its not Louisville's fault that after the 3 point loss to Rutgers, the polls put them behind WVU who they beat the week before by 10. Especially when Rutgers was a ranked opponent and the home team. U of L kinda got the shaft on that one. Its their own fault though, for not going out and taking care of business against Rutgers.:rolleyes2

finswin56
11-19-2006, 08:17 AM
As far as who wins the Big East Championship, I don't think BCS standings matter. If Louisville wins out and WVU beats Rutgers, U of L wins the Big East Championship because Rutgers has 2 losses, U of L and WVU have 1 loss each, but U of L beat WVU. The regular season champion (since there isn't a Big East Championship Game) represents the Big East in the Orange Bowl. WVU will probably get an at-large bid in a BCS game and Rutgers will end up in the Gator Bowl.

I mean it would be silly to decide your conference champion on the BCS standing and not the wins and losses. Especially since its not Louisville's fault that after the 3 point loss to Rutgers, the polls put them behind WVU who they beat the week before by 10. Especially when Rutgers was a ranked opponent and the home team. U of L kinda got the shaft on that one. Its their own fault though, for not going out and taking care of business against Rutgers.:rolleyes2You're right, I mis-read his post. I was thinking along the lines of Rutgers winning tonight and there being a three way tie.

NJFINSFAN1
11-19-2006, 10:55 AM
I had a real bad feeling about this game.

Just maybe if the WR caught some of those early passes, it would have been a different game, but it just snowballed.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I had a real bad feeling about this game.

Just maybe if the WR caught some of those early passes, it would have been a different game, but it just snowballed.Sorry NJ. I was rooting for your boys. That's really not the way their season should have gone.

54Fins
11-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not going to get down because of this game.No excuses,they got their tails beat.Who would of predicted they would win the first 9? I didn't! I'm happy for them win or lose.Being a fan for 30'something years,I love where this program is going.nuff' said.

OSUDauby
11-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Pretty funny to see this score.
I guess all of that "comparison" talk goes out the window.
It was something like this from all the Rutgers fans...

Rutgers - 33
Illinois - 0

Ohio State - 17
Illinois - 10

(I'm sure you all remember...)

I guess I should bring this up...

Ohio State - 37
Cincy - 7

Cincy - 30
Rutgers - 11

Ouch....

I see Rutgers losing at least one more maybe 2 this season and then dropping their bowl game. Welcome back to earth Rutgers. But, all jokes aside...it was nice to see what Rutgers has done to their program this year. Will they ever be a national force? NO. but, it was nice to see a group of guys get to have some fun.