PDA

View Full Version : What our are chances? Your thoughts

AirFishOne
11-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Man what a wild season for my Oklahoma Sooners, a couple weeks ago I was thinking Holiday Bowl or possibly the Cotton, but now we have a chance at a Big 12 Title and a BCS Bowl Game. Heres how it has to work.

OU beats Oklahoma St like they should, Texas loses to A&M putting us in the Big 12 title against Nebraska.

or

OU wins against OSU, and Texas wins also, but the BCS voters would have to decide if a strong 10-2 OU team with the return of Adrian Peterson could have an at-large bid. Our fans travel well so money will have alot to do with our spot.

I dont care about that now, OUr boys just need to be focused and beat OSU then worry about everything else. But what do yall think

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 10:10 PM
I dont see you getting an at large bid to be honest. Better hope for the Big 12 championship imo.

finswin56
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Same here Don. Texas is the better draw for the BCS. Last year's champs, and they are probably bigger on the national stage.
Although, I will say that OU should be viewed as a one loss team, but that's a whole other argument.

AirFishOne
11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I agree with you guys but I still beleive in this team :wink:

DonShula84
11-18-2006, 10:27 PM
That Oregon game could kill you guys, at 1 loss you have a great shot at an at large, at two losses it's more questionable imo

AirFishOne
11-18-2006, 10:29 PM
we didnt lose though :wink:

HysterikiLL
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
If that Oregon game had've fallen in favor of OU, they'd be sitting pretty for a BCS bid, but unfortunately it didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas struggle vs A&M, but I think they'll win and secure the Big 12 South. As for OU, I think they'll still get a decent bowl game and a good ranking to start next season.