PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Spurrier to Miami Stories/Rumors

Marino2Clayton
11-19-2006, 12:02 PM
If Coker is fired, the leading canidate to replace him is Steve Spurrier.

Ronnie Bass
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Why would he leave South Carolina? Is it not working for him there?

Caps
11-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Steve Spurrier's offense + Randy Shannon's Defense = NASTY.

Kdawg954
11-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Why would he leave South Carolina? Is it not working for him there?

Steve Spurrier and South Carolina is like Schiano and Rutgers . . . I mean they could have all the power in the world at their current schools and have winning programs, but both know that comming to Miami u are in a HUGE area for talent and have the best oppurtunity to get national respect and go after a championship. Their are only a few programs that get true national attention from just about everybody, and Miami is one of them.

MikeO
11-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Spurrier to Miami That's a perfect fit. The no class coach and the no class program. Their should be an imediate love fest!

Not to mention that will take all of the pressure off of Saban in that city!!!

Majpain
11-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Spurrier to Miami That's a perfect fit. The no class coach and the no class program. Their should be an imediate love fest!

:sidelol:

cnc66
11-19-2006, 12:56 PM

dang Mike...you NEVER let an opportunity to slam get by you...:shakeno:

MikeO
11-19-2006, 12:58 PM
dang Mike...you NEVER let an opportunity to slam get by you...:shakeno:

I do my best! :cooldude:

kpcane
11-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I do my best! :cooldude:

Your best is pretty pathetic.

BTW - still waiting for a response on the ACC thread. But judging by your "slam miami at all costs" attitude, I don't expect an intelligent response.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Hurricanes expected to fire Coker, then give look to Gamecocks coach

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/061119_spurrier_hlrg_9ahlarge-1.jpg (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

The University of Miami is expected to fire Larry Coker as head coach this week, and the Hurricanes reportedly have a high-profile target to replace him: South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier.

Spurrier is the leading candidate to replace Coker, ESPN reported Sunday, citing an unnamed source close to the situation.

Miami is 5-6 and plays Boston College on Thursday. The Hurricanes will miss a bowl game (http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=77&k=bowl%20game) if they lose to the Golden Eagles, and the university probably will fire Coker after the game, ESPN reported.

Spurrier is interested in the opening, should it happen, ESPN reported, citing an unnamed person close to the coach. The former Florida coach believes he could win a national championship at Miami, ESPN reported.

Some top trustees and boosters have targeted Spurrier as their top choice, ESPN reported.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15801939/

kpcane
11-19-2006, 01:16 PM
merge with the other 2 threads

Caps
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Use the ignore button guys, it's made my finheaven experience so much more enjoyable without his biased remarks.

DeathStar
11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
come on down.

MikeO
11-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Use the ignore button guys, it's made my finheaven experience so much more enjoyable without his biased remarks.

YEP!! Just put me on IGNORE.

It solves everything and ends these petty discussions.

Take his advice. PUT ME ON IGNORE!

and to the other guy I don't know what "ACC THREAD" you are talking about or response to what you are expecting.

cnc66
11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
man...this would sure bring the rivalries back into alignment. Bobbah is hershey squirtin' his PJ's this morning over this... jus when he thought it was safe...

MikeO
11-19-2006, 01:39 PM
man...this would sure bring the rivalries back into alignment. Bobbah is hershey squirtin' his PJ's this morning over this... jus when he thought it was safe...

Spurrier would love it....

1) FSU back on the schedule every year

2) He's back in the state of Florida so he can take recruits away from Urban and hurt the people in Gainsville

3) He is in a weak conference (ACC) and can has an easier path to a BCS game and national title (compared to the SEC)

4) He has probably used up the SoutH Carolina golf courses, now he can take advantage of the Miami one's

cnc66
11-19-2006, 01:42 PM

2) He's back in the state of Florida so he can take recruits away from Urban and hurt the people in Gainsville

3) He is in a weak conference (ACC) and can has an easier path to a BCS game and national title (compared to the SEC)

4) He has probably used up the SoutH Carolina golf courses, now he can take advantage of the Miami one's

hahahaha, year round here... :cooldude:

Jaydog57
11-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Spurrier denies canidate rumor

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2668273

kpcane
11-19-2006, 02:53 PM
and to the other guy I don't know what "ACC THREAD" you are talking about or response to what you are expecting.

I bumped it for you

MikeO
11-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I bumped it for you

stil don't understand what you want me to respond to..

PM it to me and ask. Let's not tie up the board with this petty nonsense

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:06 PM

:confused: Why would Spurrier wanna "hurt" the people of Gainesville? There is no ill will there.

dolphinsfan69
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Of course Spurrier is gonna deny it... he isn't going to come out and say, when South Carolina still has games on their schedule, that he is strongly considering going to the University of Miami.

I'm not saying Spurrier is going to end up in Miami, but if he was seriously considering it, he wouldn't come out and say he was. Not until after the season, at least!

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I'd laugh so hard if they gave Coker an extension right now.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 05:08 PM
man...this would sure bring the rivalries back into alignment. Bobbah is hershey squirtin' his PJ's this morning over this... jus when he thought it was safe...:yes:

BTW, MikeO... No Class Coach... nice :shakeno:
Save it for the guys who run universities as half-way houses and for the coaches that get their programs on sanctions. That's never been the case for Spurrier. All he's done wrong is talk **** about the teams he always beats and makes EVERYONE laugh. Even UT fans love his joke about not spelling Citrus w/o UT.

Marino2Clayton
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
:confused: Why would Spurrier wanna "hurt" the people of Gainesville? There is no ill will there.

Yea, I understand that about as much as I understand Steve Spurrier supposedly being "classless" somehow. :confused:

So he's made a few jokes EVERY NOW AND THEN, but when has the NCAA ever come knocking?

I mean look how he cleaned up the South Carolina program as soon as he got there, Im sure he would do the same in Miami.

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Yea, I understand that about as much as I understand Steve Spurrier supposedly being "classless" somehow. :confused:

So he's made a few jokes EVERY NOW AND THEN, but when has the NCAA ever come knocking?

I mean look how he cleaned up the South Carolina program as soon as he got there, Im sure he would do the same in Miami.

:yes: I agree

Hope he doesn't go. :tongue:

305TillIDie
11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
CSTV broke the story and standing by it:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...111906abn.html (http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/111906abn.html)

Spurrier Still Likely Heading to Miami

Sources say South Carolina coach heading to Hurricanes
Nov. 19, 2006

By Brian Curtis
CSTV

"Despite Steve Spurrier's denials today in his weekly teleconference, sources tell CSTV that he is still heading to the University of Miami to replace Larry Coker as head football coach. CSTV first reported the story last night on Gametracker Live and SEC Football Nation.

In his media teleconference this afternoon at 2:00 pm, Spurrier was repeatedly asked about the Miami job, and denied that he was a candidate. However, following multiple questions asking him if he is in interested in the Miami job, the coach never insisted he wasn't interested, but instead, tip-toed around the answer. I asked him to state that he is not interested in Miami and again, the coach failed to state that he is not interested. Spurrier also jokingly said that he hopes to be back at South Carolina next year, but that depends on the school's athletic director and president.

Despite Spurrier's denials, CSTV stands by its initial reporting and has, in fact, confirmed from yet an additional source very close to the situation that Spurrier to Miami is still likely to happen."

replace Larry Choker :yes:

finswin56
11-19-2006, 06:05 PM
:yes: I agree

Hope he doesn't go. :tongue:I don't know if it would be better for UF to have Spurrier USC or UM. One's in conference, but the other is in state and that's not good for recruiting.
Personally, I think he should go to Penn State :rolleyes:

DeathStar
11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't know if it would be better for UF to have Spurrier USC or UM. One's in conference, but the other is in state and that's not good for recruiting.
Personally, I think he should go to Penn State :rolleyes:

that's schiano's job.

Marino2Clayton
11-19-2006, 07:40 PM
that's schiano's job.

He wan't being serious.

PHANTASTIC 13
11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Ugh, Spurrier doesn't know anything about playing defense.

Alex44
11-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Ugh, Spurrier doesn't know anything about playing defense.

But Randy Shannon does so if he stays on the staff that wont be a problem

Perfect23
11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
spurrier aint getting fired

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 01:43 AM

He doesnt have to :confused:

Vertical Limit
11-20-2006, 01:48 AM
I wonder what effect Spurrier can have on Kyle Wright.

Damn, I miss Ken Dorsey. :( No other Miami QB can match his fire and heart.

Alex44
11-20-2006, 01:57 AM
I wonder what effect Spurrier can have on Kyle Wright.

Damn, I miss Ken Dorsey. :( No other Miami QB can match his fire and heart.

Kyle Definitely has the arm for the vertical passing game, I still think he can be a good player if he is coached right.

I also have faith in Kirby Freeman, we held him back way to much last week and when we finally let him throw it was a 70+ yard TD. He threw the INT but IMO the game was already out of reach and he was just forcing it.

Sam Shields would also benefit from it. Heck even Baby J would, right now no-one respects our passing game and they just stack the line.

Coral Reefer
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM

Yeah, we kind of figured that.

He can be HIRED and that's what we're talking about.

305TillIDie
11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I think it will happen fellas..the Miami Boosters said that Spurrier is the top guy to go after

he can deny it all he want, he knows whats going on :wink:

PHANTASTIC 13
11-20-2006, 02:25 AM
But Randy Shannon does so if he stays on the staff that wont be a problem
As long as they keep him (Shannon) as defensive coordinator, then it might work out with Steve as head coach.

HurriPhin
11-20-2006, 02:31 AM
:tantrum:Whoa, I would rather eat pukeburgers, than have Spurrier's visor tantrums roaming the Miami sideline (unless of course he wants to be gatorade boy). Not a chance.

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 03:04 AM
I cant see Spurrier coming in and not bringing his guys with him. That includes d-coordinator

Alex44
11-20-2006, 03:09 AM
I cant see Spurrier coming in and not bringing his guys with him. That includes d-coordinator

The thing is there arent many better defensive guys in the country, and I hope Steve sees that and keeps Shannon

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I heard from a reliable source that the ole ball coach Steve Spurrier got offered to coach up Miami. I don't like this move at all. The leash was way too short with Saban, and plus Spurrier floundered badly on his first NFL stint. What do you guys think?

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
UNIVERSITY of MIAMI.

dol_fan
11-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I heard from a reliable source that the ole ball coach Steve Spurrier got offered to coach up Miami. I don't like this move at all. The leash was way too short with Saban, and plus Spurrier floundered badly on his first NFL stint. What do you guys think?

HAHAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

SCall13
11-20-2006, 08:50 AM
LMAO! Move over Saban, here comes Spurrier!!! Wooooohoooooooo!!!

Crypt Keeper
11-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Hurricanes, not Dolphins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2668273

Seminole51
11-20-2006, 08:58 AM
The rumors are for Univ. of Miami!!! NOT the Dolphins!!

Oh lord, if Spurrier was offered the Dolphins job I would sell off my season tix....

Motion
11-20-2006, 09:26 AM
:spam:

finswin56
11-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I cant see Spurrier coming in and not bringing his guys with him. That includes d-coordinatorSpurrier's been through his share of assistants, and I don't remember him bringing in many people to SC (although I could be wrong here). IMO, if Spurrier brings in people it would be on offensens and special teams. I could see him begging Shannon to stay (even though I think Shannon may be a tad overrated).

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 11:51 AM
i REALLY want miami to get spurrier.

and i think if coker is gone, then shannon will go and pursue a head coaching job.