PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/Ohio State Rematch, Yay or Nay?

Agent51
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
First lemme congratulate any Ohio State fans here. I'm not an Ohio State fan, in fact I really do not like them (especially because you beat my Longhorns, :fire: :lol:), but that was a HUGE win.

Now, on to the question. I guess it's a two-parter. First, do you think there WILL be a rematch, and second, do you WANT there to be a rematch?

1: I believe there will be a rematch. Even if the Gators win out I don't think they make it (sorry Gator fans) just due to the fact that they had some less than impressive wins against lesser opponents (Vandy comes to mind off the top of my head), plus, their win against Western Carolina didn't help their poll spots any, and even though their only loss came to Auburn, Michigan's loss to Ohio State is more impressive. I don't buy into the USC hype, and I think they lose at ND. MAYBE if this were still the Lienert/Bush/White era then yes, I would put USC in there (probably by default because they wouldn't have even lost), but the team doesn't look spectacular with John David Booty to me. Washington State, Washington, and Arizona were all close games, and they lost to Oregon State, which is no Ohio State or Auburn, so they shouldn't even be considered IMO and it's ridiculous that everyone is saying it's USC's spot to lose. Notre Dame WOULD have a serious chance should they beat USC, except for the fact that Michigan wrecked them early on, so how would they jump Michigan if both are one-loss teams and ND lost to Michigan, which lost to Ohio State? Out of those four Florida SHOULD be the only one who has a chance to make it in, but I don't think they should jump Michigan.

2: I DEFINATELY would love to see a rematch. This was in the top 3 college games I have EVER seen, right up there with USC/ND from last year and, of course, my Longhorns beating USC in the Rose Bowl. A rematch would be a great game just as far as football goes, but when you add in all of the other stuff like the 104 year rivalry and all that, and put it in the national title game setting, it has the potential to be the best game ever (well, second best, nothing can top the Longhorns Rose Bowl win for me personally, lol). Also, I just don't CARE about any of the other potential opponents. I mean I know there are Florida, USC, and Notre Dame fans here, so of course they will want one of them in, and it would mean a lot to them, but as nuetral fans, a rematch of last nights game is by FAR the most appealing matchup.

So what does everyone else think?

Kdawg954
11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
If USC wins out, with 3 big wins over ND, Arkansas and Cal . . then I mean that is tuff to go against. But right now Michigan has the best argument for number 2 IMO . . Florida will need to be impressive these next 2 weeks to have a shot. Its out of those 3 probably . . . I think ND and Arkansas really have no shot now, and Florida is on the bubble for not having a shot.

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:27 PM
If USC wins out, with 3 big wins over ND, Arkansas and Cal . . then I mean that is tuff to go against. But right now Michigan has the best argument for number 2 IMO . . Florida will need to be impressive these next 2 weeks to have a shot. Its out of those 3 probably . . . I think ND and Arkansas really have no shot now, and Florida is on the bubble for not having a shot.

USC would have a shot yes, but when it comes down to it (USC or Michigan), Michigan should definately get the nod. USC lost to Oregon State, which is currently unranked (as far as top 25 goes) whereas Michigan just lost to Ohio State, which is ranked #1, by only 3 points. Plus, I think if Michigan and USC played, USC wouldn't have a chance. Again, I apologize to Florida fans, but Ohio State and Michigan are really in a league of their own this season, I think either one of them would take care or USC, Florida, ND, or Arkansas fairly easily. If it weren't for that STUPID personal foul late in the game Michigan could have won it and they'd be in the title game and you KNOW Ohio State would be ranked two and get the rematch, so it should be that way right now, with Michigan getting the rematch.

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't believe USC belongs there at all. As much as I don't wanna see a rematch because I think its completely pointless I would rather see that than an undeserving team in there.

Still a few BIG games to be played that will hopefully clear things up.

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:32 PM

Call me a homer, but there is no way USC deserves to be there more than Florida looking at their schedules. Granted Michigan is the wildcard and a rematch is possible. I just don't think USC deserves it at all.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
USC hasnt beat anyone worth mentioning, they let an overatted Cal team hang with them at home in the 4th quarter, not to mention losing to Oregon St.

Florida lost to Auburn (who played the game of their lives) and lost on the road. Florida gets the nod in my book, but obviously thats why im not a voter :D

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
USC beat Arkansas -- however they were without McFadden, and I'd like to see them try and blow them out again. I don't see how USC took such a jump just a week after losing to Oregon St. Didn't they jump from like 7th to 3rd?

Here's how I see it:

UM/OSU - Would be a great rematch. We know that both teams are very very good and IMO yes, they are the two best teams in the nation. However, we just saw it, and it was so hyped up now and any rematch would make the Nat'l championship kinda anti-climactic.

However, if my other option is OSU vs USC, I'll pass. I'm tired of watching USC in the Nat'l championship. Maybe it was okay when it was Leinart, Bush, White, etc etc etc...but now, a team that gets beat down by Oregon State?

I would like to see Florida there, and Arkansas have a great chance if they can beat Florida in the SEC Championship and ND beats USC.

The only way I see ND making it is if they beat USC, FSU beats UF, and then UF beats Arkansas in the SEC Championship.

I think I'll actually enjoy the other Bowls better than the Nat'l cham. game this year.

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't believe USC belongs there at all. As much as I don't wanna see a rematch because I think its completely pointless I would rather see that than an undeserving team in there.

Still a few BIG games to be played that will hopefully clear things up.

All "bias" aside, lol, do you honestly think Florida is better than Michigan? I'm not being sarcastic here at all, I'm being serious. In your opinion do you think Florida is a better team than Michigan? I think Florida played one hell of a schedule (the SEC is SO tough) but I think if Florida and Michigan played right now, Michigan would win, and therefore I believe Michigan should get that rematch. I don't think it's pointless at all, I think that was a great game last night, marred by a stupid personal foul and what looked to be an over-confident Michigan D (in the first half anyway, til they started finding ways to stop them in the second half), so I'd liek to see what the outcome would be a second time around, when both teams know how to prepare for the other and (hopefully) it doesn't come down to a dumb penalty. I'd love to see a flashy but physical game like last night's for the title, they are way more interesting than blowouts or even defensive struggles. The USC/ND game, last year's Texas/USC Rose Bowl, last night's game, those are the 3 best football games I have ever seen, PERIOD, out of college, pro, high school, Pop-Warner, whatever, those three were amazing games, because they were physical but they were also high scoring so they had the "wow" factor which makes watching fun. You weren't sitting there watching one team KILL the other one or watching them go 3-and-out all day til a late FG in the 4th quarter wins it, those are boring to me.

Kev83
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
At this point, I would say the #2 and #3 teams are about interchangable between Florida and Michigan.
I say Florida should get the nod, should it beat Arkansas and become SEC Champions. I don't think Ohio State would put up 500 yds against Florida's Defense.

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
USC beat Arkansas -- however they were without McFadden, and I'd like to see them try and blow them out again. I don't see how USC took such a jump just a week after losing to Oregon St. Didn't they jump from like 7th to 3rd?

Here's how I see it:

UM/OSU - Would be a great rematch. We know that both teams are very very good and IMO yes, they are the two best teams in the nation. However, we just saw it, and it was so hyped up now and any rematch would make the Nat'l championship kinda anti-climactic.

However, if my other option is OSU vs USC, I'll pass. I'm tired of watching USC in the Nat'l championship. Maybe it was okay when it was Leinart, Bush, White, etc etc etc...but now, a team that gets beat down by Oregon State?

I would like to see Florida there, and Arkansas have a great chance if they can beat Florida in the SEC Championship and ND beats USC.

The only way I see ND making it is if they beat USC, FSU beats UF, and then UF beats Arkansas in the SEC Championship.

I think I'll actually enjoy the other Bowls better than the Nat'l cham. game this year.

I don't think the game would lose it's hype just because we just saw it. To me it would be like a huge rematch in boxing (I'm not a boxing fan, just using the analogy), like Ali/Frasier II or something like that. It's not like they would be playing it again in a week or two, it would be what, like 7 weeks from now? That's plenty of time for last nights game to kind of subside and for the realization that these bitter, century-old rivalry will now have higher-stakes, a nation title.

As far as ND making it, if they do, the polls are SERIOUSLY flawed, because ND LOST to Michigan, so I don't see how they could be rated as a higher team than Michigan, who lost to undefeated, #1 ranked Ohio State, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Motion
11-19-2006, 04:29 PM
All "bias" aside, lol, do you honestly think Florida is better than Michigan? I'm not being sarcastic here at all, I'm being serious. In your opinion do you think Florida is a better team than Michigan? I think Florida played one hell of a schedule (the SEC is SO tough) but I think if Florida and Michigan played right now, Michigan would win, and therefore I believe Michigan should get that rematch. I don't think it's pointless at all, I think that was a great game last night, marred by a stupid personal foul and what looked to be an over-confident Michigan D (in the first half anyway, til they started finding ways to stop them in the second half), so I'd liek to see what the outcome would be a second time around, when both teams know how to prepare for the other and (hopefully) it doesn't come down to a dumb penalty. I'd love to see a flashy but physical game like last night's for the title, they are way more interesting than blowouts or even defensive struggles. The USC/ND game, last year's Texas/USC Rose Bowl, last night's game, those are the 3 best football games I have ever seen, PERIOD, out of college, pro, high school, Pop-Warner, whatever, those three were amazing games, because they were physical but they were also high scoring so they had the "wow" factor which makes watching fun. You weren't sitting there watching one team KILL the other one or watching them go 3-and-out all day til a late FG in the 4th quarter wins it, those are boring to me.

No where in either of my posts did I say Florida deserves it more than Michigan. I didn't compare the two at all. What I am saying is that providing USC and Florida both win out, I think Florida deserves it more than USC based on the schedules and I absolutely 100% think Florida is a better team than USC. As far as Michigan goes, and I know I'll get flamed for this, but they had their chance. As great a game as it was I don't think there should be a rematch. Just my opinion.

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 05:24 PM
If UF or USC win out they should jump UM imo.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
If UF or USC win out they should jump UM imo.See, I don't know if either team should jump UM, but I do know the current system makes me sick. There is just no way to objectively compare UF with either team(the USC/Arkansas game is ancient history as Arkansas is a completely different team), and there is barely such a common thread with USC and Michigan other than ND. Using one similar game to compare two teams is very short sighted.

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
This year, I really see 4 teams who deserve a playoff

UM, OSU, USC and UF. Lets get a +1 going right now, c'mon BCS!

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
The OSU players dont want there to be a rematch

"If you're coming off a loss and don't win your conference, I don't think you deserve to play for the national championship," Barton declared.

I'm not for a second chance," said cornerback Antonio Smith. "I think it takes away from the rivalry here. But it's not up to me to decide."

Barton continued to show his class

"The game I'm looking at is probably Notre Dame-USC," Barton said. "I'm thinking the winner of that is going to be our opponent."

"I'll be rooting against Notre Dame," Barton said. "I'm not a big fan of their coach and the program."

I don't know," he said, before going sarcastically diplomatic. "They're a great program, they're Notre Dame -- wheeewww."

Pause. "They couldn't handle us."

On USC

"I always wanted to play them," Richardson said. "I've heard too much about them."

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Can't say I'm surprised with that lack of class.

marino1348
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Nay. If there was going to be a rematch, we even bother playing the game the first time?

cnc66
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I think the best two teams are OSU-UM... they are IMO, by themselves with USC, UF, ND, Arkansas all about an equal #3. I hope UF takes the SEC and whips the britches off whoever they play, but I really think OSU-UM is THE ticket.

Anyone else think Meeeeshigan would have won at a neutral site?

King Felix
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
nay

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I think the best two teams are OSU-UM... they are IMO, by themselves with USC, UF, ND, Arkansas all about an equal #3. I hope UF takes the SEC and whips the britches off whoever they play, but I really think OSU-UM is THE ticket.

Anyone else think Meeeeshigan would have won at a neutral site?

I think if they play again, it could go absolutely either way on a neutral site.

As for determining whether they're better than the competition, the test I apply is basically "Would Michigan beat..." -- well, they beat ND, so theoretically if ND can beat USC, then Michigan get the advantage there -- and USC beat Arkansas. I know it's a flawed food chain, but the BCS is producing flawed food.

Nukulus
11-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Nay.

My reasoning is I've already seen the game, and while close I'd rather see another team have a crack at OSU. Don't know who I would choose to go up against them. I think Notre Dame would get blown out. Florida would probably get beaten soundly. Arkansas could be interesting, and so could USC. Dunno though.

Since Michigan and OSU are done for the reg season and both are still 1 and 2 in the BCS rankings, what are the chances that any other team like USC, Florida, Arkansas, Notre Dame takes there place?

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Nay.

My reasoning is I've already seen the game, and while close I'd rather see another team have a crack at OSU. Don't know who I would choose to go up against them. I think Notre Dame would get blown out. Florida would probably get beaten soundly. Arkansas could be interesting, and so could USC. Dunno though.

Since Michigan and OSU are done for the reg season and both are still 1 and 2 in the BCS rankings, what are the chances that any other team like USC, Florida, Arkansas, Notre Dame takes there place?

USC beats #5 ranked ND they will jump over. Michigan only win against ranked team is ND. So if USC also beat ND they would have beaten 5 ranked teams compared to Michigan 1.

HysterikiLL
11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
USC beats #5 ranked ND they will jump over. Michigan only win against ranked team is ND. So if USC also beat ND they would have beaten 5 ranked teams compared to Michigan 1.

..Yet USC lost to Oregon St., while Michigan's only loss came by 3 points to the best team in the nation.

There are 1 million and fifty arguments as to why so-and-so should be in the Nat'l championship. TO be honest, I'm not really worried anymore. I'm looking foward more to the Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl so whoever they stack up against Overrated State University (:wink: :chuckle: ), I don't really mind.

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:12 AM

Here's how I see it:

Why does everyone keep saying Mcfadden didnt play against USC? He play and had the most carries for Arkansas.

Passing
USC Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
J. Booty 24 36 260 66.7 7.2 0 0 3 0
M. Sanchez 1 2 19 50.0 9.5 0 0 0 0
Arkansas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
R. Johnson 12 25 111 48.0 4.4 0 0 0 2
M. Mustain 4 6 47 66.7 7.8 0 0 0 1
C. Washington 0 1 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Rushing
USC Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
C. Washington 8 57 7.1 17 0 0
E. Moody 7 57 8.1 23 1 0
C. Gable 12 51 4.3 10 1 0
A. Bradford 5 12 2.4 8 1 0
R. Powdrell 2 9 4.5 5 0 0
D. Reed 4 8 2.0 5 0 0
J. Booty 3 2 0.7 11 0 0
M. Sanchez 1 -3 -3.0 -3 0 0
Arkansas Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
F. Jones 7 51 7.3 24 0 2
D. McFadden 9 42 4.7 17 0 0
M. Smith 3 24 8.0 11 0 0
P. Hillis 3 16 5.3 9 0 0
M. Mustain 1 4 4.0 4 1 0
R. Johnson 4 -4 -1.0 3 1 0
Receiving
USC Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
R. Powdrell 4 72 18.0 44 1 0
S. Smith 5 69 13.8 22 0 0
F. Davis 5 57 11.4 24 1 0
D. Jarrett 5 34 6.8 12 0 0
T. Patterson 1 19 19.0 19 0 0
P. Turner 2 15 7.5 14 1 0
C. McFoy 2 7 3.5 9 0 0
D. Reed 1 6 6.0 6 0 0
Arkansas Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
D. Williams 4 61 15.3 42 0 0
M. Monk 4 44 11.0 20 0 0
B. Cleveland 2 25 12.5 23 0 0
F. Jones 3 20 6.7 18 0 2
P. Hillis 1 14 14.0 14 0 0
D. McFadden 2 -6 -3.0 -3 0 0
Kicking
USC XPM XPA FGM FGA Lng Pct Pts
M. Danelo 5 6 3 3 44 100.0 14
Arkansas XPM XPA FGM FGA Lng Pct Pts
S. Arnold 2 2 0 0 0 0.0 2
Punting
USC Punt Avg Lng Blk I20 TB
R. Goodrum 2 39.0 0 0 2 0
G. Woidneck 1 31.0 0 0 1 0
Arkansas Punt Avg Lng Blk I20 TB
J. Skinner 5 42.0 0 0 1 1
Kick/Punt Returns
USC PR Yds Avg Lng TD KR Yds Avg Lng TD
C. Harris 0 0 0.0 0 0 3 51 17.0 19 0
Arkansas PR Yds Avg Lng TD KR Yds Avg Lng TD
P. Hillis 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 17 17.0 17 0

Updated on Monday, Sep 4, 2006 11:28 pm ET

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
..Yet USC lost to Oregon St., while Michigan's only loss came by 3 points to the best team in the nation.

There are 1 million and fifty arguments as to why so-and-so should be in the Nat'l championship. TO be honest, I'm not really worried anymore. I'm looking foward more to the Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl so whoever they stack up against Overrated State University (:wink: :chuckle: ), I don't really mind.

They lost by 2pts on the Road Without Dwanye Jarret their allstar WR. Who has michigan won besides Notre Dame?

Here their Schedule to refresh your memory

Sat, Sep 2 Vanderbilt W 27-7 --
Sat, Sep 9 Central Michigan W 41-17 --
Sat, Sep 16 at (2) Notre Dame W 47-21 --
Sat, Sep 23 Wisconsin W 27-13 --
Sat, Sep 30 at Minnesota W 28-14 --
Sat, Oct 7 Michigan State W 31-13 --
Sat, Oct 14 at Penn State W 17-10 --
Sat, Oct 21 Iowa W 20-6 --
Sat, Oct 28 Northwestern W 17-3 --
Sat, Nov 4 Ball State W 34-26 --
Sat, Nov 11 at Indiana W 34-3 --
Sat, Nov 18 at (1) Ohio State L 39-42

FLOUNDER
11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
nay....

Why would i want to watch two teams play again????

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:21 AM
NAY

They had their chance.

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 01:39 AM
I dont think a rematch is fair to OSU. If UM beats OSU in Glendale, they both finish with the same record, both beat each other, why is UM the champion? OSU shouldnt have to beat them again imo and it's unfair for them to have to do so. They have to beat UM twice for a title but UM only has to win once, doesnt seem fair. USC or UF should play for the title.

LtDan
11-20-2006, 01:39 AM
The OSU players dont want there to be a rematch

Barton continued to show his class

On USCYikes!! he talked bad about Don's boys!! :lol:

LtDan
11-20-2006, 01:41 AM
USC beats #5 ranked ND they will jump over. Michigan only win against ranked team is ND. So if USC also beat ND they would have beaten 5 ranked teams compared to Michigan 1.Wis. is 11-1 and quite ranked

rafael
11-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Nay. Although I think a rematch is likely. Mich may be one of the two best teams (I think they are), but I don't think you should be eligible if you lost your conference.

Stitches
11-20-2006, 01:49 AM
:idea:

Dare I say an undefeated Boise State in the NC?

:hide:

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 01:49 AM
:idea:

Dare I say an undefeated Boise State in the NC?

:hide:

:lol:

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
They lost by 2pts on the Road Without Dwanye Jarret their allstar WR. Who has michigan won besides Notre Dame?

Here their Schedule to refresh your memory

Sat, Sep 2 Vanderbilt W 27-7 --
Sat, Sep 9 Central Michigan W 41-17 --
Sat, Sep 16 at (2) Notre Dame W 47-21 --
Sat, Sep 23 Wisconsin W 27-13 --
Sat, Sep 30 at Minnesota W 28-14 --
Sat, Oct 7 Michigan State W 31-13 --
Sat, Oct 14 at Penn State W 17-10 --
Sat, Oct 21 Iowa W 20-6 --
Sat, Oct 28 Northwestern W 17-3 --
Sat, Nov 4 Ball State W 34-26 --
Sat, Nov 11 at Indiana W 34-3 --
Sat, Nov 18 at (1) Ohio State L 39-42

Wisconsin is good. Playing Arkansas the first week isnt the same as playing them now, especially since that team is so young. McFadden played, but there game plans are completely different, they actually use him a lot now.

Beating Wisconsin and ND is as impressive as if not more so than Arkansas and Cal. Oregon has pretty much fallen apart and they're a botched onside kick call away from 5 losses. You have Nebraska but they arent exactly a power house.

Crappy thing for USC is if you beat ND and it's a close game like last year people will say UM killed ND @ South Ben and USC barely won @ home so obviously UM is better. After your next two games you could jump Michigan, and should if you win out imo, but right now the rankings are fine.

DBoston80
11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Nay.I want USC or Florida..

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 09:59 AM
i won't watch a rematch.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Michigan already played in the National Championship game this past weekend and lost. They do not deserve a chance to play in the BCS Championship game now. Some other team will have the opportunity to lose to Ohio State.

What a great season...
#1 from start to finish
Big Ten Champions
Heisman Trophy winner

And just to add...did you all hear that the Pick 4 Lottery winner in Ohio was 4-2-3-9 OR 42-39 (the final score of the OSU/Michigan game)

DBoston80
11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Michigan already played in the National Championship game this past weekend and lost. They do not deserve a chance to play in the BCS Championship game now. Some other team will have the opportunity to lose to Ohio State.

What a great season...
#1 from start to finish
Big Ten Champions
Heisman Trophy winner

And just to add...did you all hear that the Pick 4 Lottery winner in Ohio was 4-2-3-9 OR 42-39 (the final score of the OSU/Michigan game)

Yea, how strange was that!! I would love to play USC because they and OSU have been the 2 most dominant teams this decade thus far....lets see who's best.

Amars
11-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Wisconsin is good. Playing Arkansas the first week isnt the same as playing them now, especially since that team is so young. McFadden played, but there game plans are completely different, they actually use him a lot now.

Beating Wisconsin and ND is as impressive as if not more so than Arkansas and Cal. Oregon has pretty much fallen apart and they're a botched onside kick call away from 5 losses. You have Nebraska but they arent exactly a power house.

Crappy thing for USC is if you beat ND and it's a close game like last year people will say UM killed ND @ South Ben and USC barely won @ home so obviously UM is better. After your next two games you could jump Michigan, and should if you win out imo, but right now the rankings are fine.

Which I do agree that Arkansas week 1 vs now is different but they put 50pts on them. It not like it was 21-14. They Killed them. The same can be said for USC since the loss to Oregon State. Since then they have been playing INSANE. Even though Nebraska , Oregon are not powerhouse they still are better then all the teams on Michigan schedule besides Wis and OSU.

Amars
11-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Yea, how strange was that!! I would love to play USC because they and OSU have been the 2 most dominant teams this decade thus far....lets see who's best.

It would be fun. Cant even remember the last time they played. I know they have setup a out of conference game with OSU at the horseshoe I believe next year or the year after. That how you move up the BCS by at least playing 1 tough good out of conference game.

Bygnel
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Classic game, I think the two best teams should play so if USC dominates their next two games they definately deserve to go.. I would be interested in seeing a re-match on a neutral field, but I am more interested in seeing the teams that deserve to be there whether that is OSU and Michigan/USC/Florida/Notre Dame remains to be seen..

DBoston80
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
It would be fun. Cant even remember the last time they played. I know they have setup a out of conference game with OSU at the horseshoe I believe next year or the year after. That how you move up the BCS by at least playing 1 tough good out of conference game.

Im ready..too bad I gotta wait over a month to see my team play again though...........atleast the Phins are showing some life....and the Heisman presentation should be fun.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 12:49 PM
only if USC and Florida lose out

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Even though Nebraska , Oregon are not powerhouse they still are better then all the teams on Michigan schedule besides Wis and OSU.
So, you think that Nebraska and Oregon are better than Notre Dame, huh?
That is very interesting seeing that Notre Dame is ranked #4 in the Nation.:shakeno:

And people can say the Big 10 is weak this year all they want, but they have #1 Ohio State, #2 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin and #24 Penn State all in the BCS.

And I add Penn State, because look at their only loses this season: #1 OSU, #2 Michigan, #4 Notre Dame, #8 Wisconsin. Talk to Penn State about S.O.S!!!

Motion
11-20-2006, 01:03 PM
So, you think that Nebraska and Oregon are better than Notre Dame, huh?
That is very interesting seeing that Notre Dame is ranked #4 in the Nation.:shakeno:

And people can say the Big 10 is weak this year all they want, but they have #1 Ohio State, #2 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin and #24 Penn State all in the BCS.

And I add Penn State, because look at their only loses this season: #1 OSU, #2 Michigan, #4 Notre Dame, #8 Wisconsin. Talk to Penn State about S.O.S!!!

Actually, ND is #5 in all the polls. Florida is #4. :D

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually, ND is #5 in all the polls. Florida is #4. :D

Thanks for the correction, I knew that...not sure why I said 4th. BUT, there is still no way that Nebraska/Oregon are better than Notre Dame. I guess that was the point that I was trying to make.

Motion
11-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the correction, I knew that...not sure why I said 4th. BUT, there is still no way that Nebraska/Oregon are better than Notre Dame. I guess that was the point that I was trying to make.

I agree

Amars
11-20-2006, 02:31 PM

I left them out by accident. I agree ND is better then those team. My bad I overlooked them.

Cuban Dave 9
11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I can't decide right now who is more deserving. Everyone thought this UM/OSU game will determine more about the NC game, but it has not resolved anything at all. I think the best case scenario for UF or UM is that USC beats ND then USC loses to UCLA. I think we all will have a better idea after the first week of December of who is more deserving

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
I left them out by accident. I agree ND is better then those team. My bad I overlooked them.

Yeah, actually I figured that you left them out, I just wasn't sure. You never know, because with Notre Dame you either love or hate them. There is little in between!

Vertical Limit
11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
If USC wins out, they deserve to be in the Championship Game.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I can't decide right now who is more deserving. Everyone thought this UM/OSU game will determine more about the NC game, but it has not resolved anything at all. I think the best case scenario for UF or UM is that USC beats ND then USC loses to UCLA. I think we all will have a better idea after the first week of December of who is more deserving

You're right, it just solidified the fact that OSU/UM are the two best teams in the NCAA right now. I think that with out bias. Does Michigan deserve a reamatch? I don't think so, BUT the BCS says the two BEST teams in the nation will play in the big game. Period. And OSU/Um are the two best in the NCAA.

Amars
11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
You're right, it just solidified the fact that OSU/UM are the two best teams in the NCAA right now. I think that with out bias. Does Michigan deserve a reamatch? I don't think so, BUT the BCS says the two BEST teams in the nation will play in the big game. Period. And OSU/Um are the two best in the NCAA.

OSU vs. Mich are the current top team but man Troy Smith owns Mich. He beaten them 3yrs straight. What is Mich going to do different in another rematch.

Stitches
11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
OSU vs. Mich are the current top team but man Troy Smith owns Mich. He beaten them 3yrs straight. What is Mich going to do different in another rematch.

Win?

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Win?

lol

So let them play 10 times hoping Mich can beat them once.

Oboy
11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
No I do not buy that UM OSU should play again. I NEVER think the NC game should be a rematch of an earlier game in the season.

First of all, UM has not beaten any real competition but ND. Yes the killed them, but I would like to see them play some other team to get a real gauge on how good they are.

We know OSU is better than UM. I really don't think anyone doubts that. So why not see them play a tough team from a different conference. AT least solve the debate of one other team (USC, Ark, UF - IMO only three that should be there).

IF the NC game is a rematch, I for one will not watch. I may be alone in that, but I'd rather go to a movie with my wife than watch a 're-run'.

Stitches
11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I'd watch a rematch at a neutral site. But I'm still for a undefeated(knock on wood) Boise State in the NC.

PrepDogg
11-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see a re-match but I highly doubt it will happen. ND needs to beat USC and I don't see that happening at the Coliseum.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 04:52 PM
No I do not buy that UM OSU should play again. I NEVER think the NC game should be a rematch of an earlier game in the season.

First of all, UM has not beaten any real competition but ND. Yes the killed them, but I would like to see them play some other team to get a real gauge on how good they are.

We know OSU is better than UM. I really don't think anyone doubts that. So why not see them play a tough team from a different conference. AT least solve the debate of one other team (USC, Ark, UF - IMO only three that should be there).

IF the NC game is a rematch, I for one will not watch. I may be alone in that, but I'd rather go to a movie with my wife than watch a 're-run'.

Ummm, did you miss the Wisconsin game?? The Badgers are #8 in the BCS.
But, I agree...UM had their shot and lost.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Win?

Good one! Hey keep hope alive baby!
Whoa....WAIT...Mike Hart is that YOU?!?!:lol:

Stitches
11-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Good one! Hey keep hope alive baby!
Whoa....WAIT...Mike Hart is that YOU?!?!:lol:

He asked what they could do different in a rematch. It seems like winning would be the only thing they could do differently, since they lost, and there are only 2 possible outcomes. I didn't say they would win, I said it's what they could do differently.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
He asked what they could do different in a rematch. It seems like winning would be the only thing they could do differently, since they lost, and there are only 2 possible outcomes. I didn't say they would win, I said it's what they could do differently.

Umm, they could do a lot different. Hold OSU to less points. Not score as much as they did. Not play as good as they did.

The outcome may be different, but they also cold have done a lot of things different too!

I know what you are saying though. But, ultimately, everything in life is 50/50. You either do or you don't.

NJFINSFAN1
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Well if USC or Florida run the table, they deserve a shot.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
i just heard on ESPN that if USC wins out, they may actually leapfrog both michigan AND ohio state in the computers. yes....a 1-loss USC team would be ranked #1 ahead of OSU. wow.

Stitches
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Well if USC or Florida run the table, they deserve a shot.

What if neither of them do, and Boise State does?

Stitches
11-20-2006, 05:44 PM
i just heard on ESPN that if USC wins out, they may actually leapfrog both michigan AND ohio state in the computers. yes....a 1-loss USC team would be ranked #1 ahead of OSU. wow.

That would be crazy.

OSUDauby
11-20-2006, 05:47 PM

That would hold as much water as a spaghetti strainer. This is the first time that a team (Ohio State) has been 1.000 in the current BCS system. All ESPN is doing at this time is trying to stir crap up. Next, we'll hear them say that Boise State is jumping Ohio State too.

DBoston80
11-20-2006, 05:51 PM
That would hold as much water as a spaghetti strainer. This is the first time that a team (Ohio State) has been 1.000 in the current BCS system. All ESPN is doing at this time is trying to stir crap up. Next, we'll hear them say that Boise State is jumping Ohio State too.

I couldnt care less about what the computers think now that were in the Natl title game...done see how you can beat 2 teams ranked No.2 and be undefeated and still not be #1..but who cares?

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I really dont want to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a rematch than see USC beat ND and play for the title. So Florida has to win out. Arkansas has to beat LSU so when UF beats them it looks better. UF winning out should jump UM.

PrepDogg
11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
My feeling is that even if USC wins out they shouldn't play for the national title. No team that loses to Oregon St. should play for the title.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I really dont want to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a rematch than see USC beat ND and play for the title. So Florida has to win out. Arkansas has to beat LSU so when UF beats them it looks better. UF winning out should jump UM.
yes, but notre dame beating USC would help michigan, so there may be a rematch regardless.

primetime23
11-21-2006, 04:43 AM
why would there be a rematch? I dont understand this stupidness people talk, the whole point in a rematch is to clear the waves, what waves is there to be cleared? its not like there was a huge play at the end of the game where a team got robbed osu won the game period. I think if usc wins out they should get it or maybe florida if they win out. I dont want to see another osu beat down of michigan, reminds me of boxing where a boxer beats someone, period. and the guy gets the rematch again only because of his rep and what happens, the guys lose's even worse on the rematch, I'll pass on that. I want my moneys worth

primetime23
11-21-2006, 04:48 AM
ask yourself this, if lv was ranked 1 and rugters was 2 when they played and it was the exact situation like the mich osu game. Would lv be getting a rematch i doudt it. The only reason a rematch is being brought is becuase of mich's rep. No rematch, a rematch will ruin the NC game

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
why would there be a rematch?

Because the BCS says that the best 2 teams will play in the final game. And this year OSU/Michigan are those two teams at this point. If USC BLOWS out Notre Dame or if Florida should blow out Arkansas, it very well could be a justified rematch.

Oboy
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Because the BCS says that the best 2 teams will play in the final game. And this year OSU/Michigan are those two teams at this point. If USC BLOWS out Notre Dame or if Florida should blow out Arkansas, it very well could be a justified rematch.
NO the BCS says the top two ranked teams will play in the final game.

A few years ago when Auburn went undefeated they were one of the best two... They just did not get a chance to prove it.

Motion
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
My feeling is that even if USC wins out they shouldn't play for the national title. No team that loses to Oregon St. should play for the title.

:yes:

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
NO the BCS says the top two ranked teams will play in the final game.

A few years ago when Auburn went undefeated they were one of the best two... They just did not get a chance to prove it.

Well, the BCS assumes that the Top 2 are also the BEST two. And sometimes it doesn't work out, but more so than others it does work out. And this year is no exception, OSU/UM are the best two teams in the nation.

NJFINSFAN1
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
What if neither of them do, and Boise State does?

I have no problem giving them a shot, heck they would deserve it more then Notre Dame.

Stitches
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
I have no problem giving them a shot, heck they would deserve it more then Notre Dame.

:yes:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
i dunno if boise state's 90th ranked SOS is good enough. :chuckle:

Oboy
11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Well, the BCS assumes that the Top 2 are also the BEST two. And sometimes it doesn't work out, but more so than others it does work out. And this year is no exception, OSU/UM are the best two teams in the nation.
First of all we all know what happens when you assume....

Second, I don't think Michigan should be considered the second best team. I really don't. I think they beat two teams that are over-rated. And their so-called great Defense gave up over 500 yards of offense. WHICH IMO, if you are a GREAT defense that never happens. Not even to a GREAT offense. Do I think they are a really good team, yeah. #2? NO. Sorry I just don't buy it. Not this year, Big Ten (minus UM and OSU) just is not that good. Why is Wisconsin ranked? they only lost one game. WHO have they actually beaten?
Schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=275) NO ONE!!!!

Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=57) or USC (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=30) have played more good teams than UM. They deserve it more (if they run the table).

Amars
11-21-2006, 02:38 PM

Second, I don't think Michigan should be considered the second best team. I really don't. I think they beat two teams that are over-rated. And their so-called great Defense gave up over 500 yards of offense. WHICH IMO, if you are a GREAT defense that never happens. Not even to a GREAT offense. Do I think they are a really good team, yeah. #2? NO. Sorry I just don't buy it. Not this year, Big Ten (minus UM and OSU) just is not that good. Why is Wisconsin ranked? they only lost one game. WHO have they actually beaten?

Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=57) or USC (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=30) have played more good teams than UM. They deserve it more (if they run the table).

:yeahthat:

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 02:39 PM

And just who do you think should be ranked #2 then?!?
USC? HA! Did you see the USC vs. Oregon State game?!?
Florida? Have you seen their offense the past 4 games (Div 1A teams--Div ! AA don't count.)
Notre Dame? Did you see the first meeting of UM vs. ND?
Arkansas? Maybe, but they are way too far back. Them at 5 is questionable.

So, tell me who is your #2??

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Geeze, I didn't eve see this part....what a joke!

UM has played #1 Ohio State, #4 Notre Dame and #8 Wisconsin!
And you see Florida and USC schedule tougher than that?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!

This conversation is now over....

Stitches
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
i dunno if boise state's 90th ranked SOS is good enough. :chuckle:

shhhhh, no one needs to hear about that. I just want the little guy to get his chance. :pray:

Stitches
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Wisconsin beat Penn State, so there is someone that they beat. Plus they have 11 wins, so they obviously beat others.

Amars
11-21-2006, 03:00 PM

The season isnt even over yet. So to assume who going to play against OSU is pointless. I dont know why you keep putting ND at #4.

Michigan is #2 RIGHT NOW but it all changes if USC beats Notre Dame. USC then would of won #5 Notre Dame, #6 Arkansas, #19 Cal and #22 Nebraska. Better win against better opponents. The above poster made a good point WHO THE HELL HAS WISCONSIN BEATEN?

Penn State a team who barely got pass Minnesota and Michigan State and Blown out by Notre Dame. But they beat Youngstown State WIPPPEEEEE.

Oboy
11-21-2006, 04:36 PM

And you wonder why everyone was happy when you had a few (mandatory) days off...

:shakeno:

Straztheman
11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I think as long as USC wins out they deserve to go play OSU for the tittle game. But if they lsoe to N.D. then Michigna will get in. Personally, i hate michigan and i think they shouldnt have another chance to beat OSU. b/ the OSU U of M game is obne of the greatest rivals in college sports. They shouldnt play 2 a year. Thats just my opinion anyway

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
And you wonder why everyone was happy when you had a few (mandatory) days off...

:shakeno:

Why because I am one of the few people on here that isn't bias towards Florida and the rest of the SEC?!?!

Ohio State and Michigan have been playing MUCH more dominate than any other team in the nation, INCLUDING all the SEC teams.

Stitches
11-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Why because I am one of the few people on here that isn't bias towards Florida and the rest of the SEC?!?!

Ohio State and Michigan have been playing MUCH more dominate than any other team in the nation, INCLUDING all the SEC teams.

You can back me up on this, that I've stated this is a weak Big Ten year(though, you debate my opinion, which is fine) and that I think the SEC is a better conference this year. But yet, I still say with all that in mind Ohio State and Michigan have been playing more dominant than any other teams in the Nation at this point.

Saying that made me sick to my stomach, but it's true.

DonShula84
11-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Do OSU fans actually want to see a rematch? Seems completely unfair to me, for OSU, as I've said before.

Cuban Dave 9
11-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Florida Bias? huh?:huh:

Amars
11-21-2006, 07:15 PM

ya that why michigan almost loss to Ball State 2 weeks ago.

USC last 3 games scored 100pts and given up 19pts against 2 top 25 teams.

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
ya that why michigan almost loss to Ball State 2 weeks ago.

USC last 3 games scored 100pts and given up 19pts against 2 top 25 teams.

You are right, Michigan ALMOST lost to Ball State.
And we all know that ALMOST only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Michigan scored 110 points in their last 3 games. Giving up a little more, but you have consider Michigan just played the best offense in the nation at Ohio State.
USC DID lose to Oregon State. And ALMOST lost to Washington State, Washington, and Arizona State.
Plus, Oregon isn't ranked. Because if we use your train of thought, Ohio State has played #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, and #2 Michigan.

Michigan is MUCH better than USC. And to answer DonShula84's question: No, I do not want to play Michigan again. We beat them. Michigan had their shot at going to Glendale, they failed. BUT, the BCS states that they put the 2 best teams in the final game and right now OSU and UM are the two best. If USC wins out, they would have an arguement to be the 2nd best. BUT, I don't see how a team that loses to Oregon State can be the 2nd best.

All in all, the National Championship game was in Columbus this past Saturday and Ohio State won.

Ronnieisabeast
11-21-2006, 10:50 PM
You are right, Michigan ALMOST lost to Ball State.
And we all know that ALMOST only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Michigan scored 110 points in their last 3 games. Giving up a little more, but you have consider Michigan just played the best offense in the nation at Ohio State.
USC DID lose to Oregon State. And ALMOST lost to Washington State, Washington, and Arizona State.
Plus, Oregon isn't ranked. Because if we use your train of thought, Ohio State has played #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, and #2 Michigan.

Michigan is MUCH better than USC. And to answer DonShula84's question: No, I do not want to play Michigan again. We beat them. Michigan had their shot at going to Glendale, they failed. BUT, the BCS states that they put the 2 best teams in the final game and right now OSU and UM are the two best. If USC wins out, they would have an arguement to be the 2nd best. BUT, I don't see how a team that loses to Oregon State can be the 2nd best.

All in all, the National Championship game was in Columbus this past Saturday and Ohio State won.you may be an OSU fan, but that was a very great post. I don't know how people have fallen in love with USC. USC has played a lot of overrated Pac-10 teams(which is no suprise) that have jacked USC's SOS up a lot.

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Fusc.

Motion
11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Fusc.

:yeahthat:

Amars
11-22-2006, 08:03 AM
you may be an OSU fan, but that was a very great post. I don't know how people have fallen in love with USC. USC has played a lot of overrated Pac-10 teams(which is no suprise) that have jacked USC's SOS up a lot.

But when they have played other teams outside their conference that are ranked they beat them. -Right. You can be a stats guy and compare this and that. Bottom line when the game means the most against the tough teams USC is at its best. Just look at their record under Pete Carroll when they play against tough opponent and you can see that USC can go toe to toe with anyone. I think they have the best chance of upsetting OSU. Better then Michigan who already played them and won the Turnover battle by 3 and still LOST. They were down by 10 the ENTIRE GAME. How can you win the turnover battle by 3 and still lose. What are they going to do different get more turnover.

OSUDauby
11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Bottom line when the game means the most against the tough teams USC is at its best. Just look at their record under Pete Carroll when they play against tough opponent and you can see that USC can go toe to toe with anyone.
I don't know what pill you swallowed that said a team is only tough when they have numbers 1-25 beside them, but last time I check, USC has been in some tough games this season and NOT won them all. All the team they have almost lost to were unranked as well. I don't know how you can give USC so much credit when they have lost to Oregon State and then say Michigan isn't that good and only lost to Ohio State.

I mean, USC has barely won 3 games and lost one.
Michigan was tight with Ball State because they were looking ahead to Ohio State and then eventually lost that one. I would have to give a solid nod to Michigan. Though, I for one do not want to see a rematch. And personally, I don't know who I like in the USC/Notre Dame game. Neither team has been very impressive. And call it bias, but I don't know what team that can hang with Ohio State at this point. Maybe Michigan in a rematch, but USC, Notre Dame, Florida, all have their weaknesses that are very apparent.

DBoston80
11-22-2006, 09:27 AM
I always thought LSU would give us trouble because of all the defensive talent and a good offense...but they have been mistake prone in their losses..even though that call late vs FLA was plain terrible..they still coulda made plays to win the game...LSU is the "second most talented" team in the country IMO...they just shoot themselves in the foot way too much.

Amars
11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't know what pill you swallowed that said a team is only tough when they have numbers 1-25 beside them, but last time I check, USC has been in some tough games this season and NOT won them all. All the team they have almost lost to were unranked as well. I don't know how you can give USC so much credit when they have lost to Oregon State and then say Michigan isn't that good and only lost to Ohio State.

I mean, USC has barely won 3 games and lost one.
Michigan was tight with Ball State because they were looking ahead to Ohio State and then eventually lost that one. I would have to give a solid nod to Michigan. Though, I for one do not want to see a rematch. And personally, I don't know who I like in the USC/Notre Dame game. Neither team has been very impressive. And call it bias, but I don't know what team that can hang with Ohio State at this point. Maybe Michigan in a rematch, but USC, Notre Dame, Florida, all have their weaknesses that are very apparent.

I agree that USC has been laying a duck against weaker opponents. Maybe they took those games lightly I dunno. Like I said before when it matter the most in big games this year and against good opponents they have beat those opponents by 2 or more TDS.

OSUDauby
11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree that USC has been laying a duck against weaker opponents. Maybe they took those games lightly I dunno. Like I said before when it matter the most in big games this year and against good opponents they have beat those opponents by 2 or more TDS.

I'm glad that you went back and put, "when it matters the most" in bold...because I was under the impression that the 2pt. conversion against OSU "mattered" quite a bit...we all know how that ended.

Also, ESPN said today that John David Booty is the Pac 10's best offense player!?!? I thought that Lynch from Cal would have taken the cake there..

OSUDauby
11-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm glad that you went back and put, "when it matters the most" in bold...because I was under the impression that the 2pt. conversion against OSU "mattered" quite a bit...we all know how that ended.

Also, ESPN said today that John David Booty is the Pac 10's best offense player!?!? I thought that Lynch from Cal would have taken the cake there..

Oh, and I hope you know that I see your point, I'm just playing devils advocate here. The fact of the matter was said before, in two weeks this picture will be much more clear and most likely make sense....but until then, we get to anger eachother.:D

Amars
11-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh, and I hope you know that I see your point, I'm just playing devils advocate here. The fact of the matter was said before, in two weeks this picture will be much more clear and most likely make sense....but until then, we get to anger eachother.:D

Ya no problem. Makes for good conversation and alot of laughs.