19. Tennessee 8-3 404
20. Wake Forest 9-2 355
21. Brigham Young 9-2 325
22. California 8-3 302
23. Nebraska 8-3 258
24. Clemson 8-3 122
25. Hawaii 9-2 89

Michigan still number 2

Just an honest question, where the hell did Wisconsin come from, who have they beaten? honest question

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:20 PM
1. Ohio State (65) 12-0 1,625
2. Michigan 11-1 1,502
3. USC 9-1 1,493
4. Florida 10-1 1,451
5. Arkansas 10-1 1,365
6. Notre Dame 10-1 1,307
7. West Virginia 9-1 1,144
8. Louisville 9-1 1,078
9. LSU 9-2 1,075
10. Wisconsin 11-1 1,049
11. Texas 9-2 1,028
12. Boise State 11-0 878
13. Oklahoma 9-2 856
14. Auburn 10-2 822
15. Rutgers 9-1 736
16. Georgia Tech 9-2 667
17. Virginia Tech 9-2 583
18. Boston College 9-2 516
19. Tennessee 8-3 404
20. Wake Forest 9-2 355
21. Brigham Young 9-2 325
22. California 8-3 302
23. Nebraska 8-3 258
24. Clemson 8-3 122
25. Hawaii 9-2 89

Michigan still number 2

Just an honest question, where the hell did Wisconsin come from, who have they beaten? honest question

IDK about Wisconsin, but I agree with Michigian still being number two. Also, it KILLS me to see Texas down at 11, if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten injured in the first quarter and Snead hadn't taken an entire half to find his rythm, we would only be a one-loss team right now :boohoo:

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:22 PM
IDK about Wisconsin, but I agree with Michigian still being number two. Also, it KILLS me to see Texas down at 11, if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten injured in the first quarter and Snead hadn't taken an entire half to find his rythm, we would only be a one-loss team right now :boohoo:

If we hadnt lost the ball 5 times, we would of been undefeated (we didnt lose to Oregon) :D j/k my friend.

However I would be a lier if I told you that im rootin for Texas on Friday, sorry man im sure you rooted for OSU against us in 2001, so you understand right? :tongue:

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:25 PM
WTF does Florida drop a spot for?

USC finally plays a team and all the sudden they're #3, BS.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM

Its called media love. Florida deserves that number 3 spot, they dominated a team they were sopposed to, when USC plays someone liek that, the cupcake hangs with them into the second half. Dont worry Gator, win out and it will take care of itself.

tOSU vs SEC Champion Florida would be great to watch

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:28 PM
USA Today Poll has USC ahead of Michigan, Unreal

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:29 PM
If we hadnt lost the ball 5 times, we would of been undefeated (we didnt lose to Oregon) :D j/k my friend.

However I would be a lier if I told you that im rootin for Texas on Friday, sorry man im sure you rooted for OSU against us in 2001, so you understand right? :tongue:

Oh no worries, I NEVER root for OU, lol, that would be like a Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State, or vice-versa. I wouldn't expect an OU fan to root for Texas. The ONLY time I would EVER root for you guys would be if you were playing a team I needed to lose in order for Texas to get into the title game :lol:

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh no worries, I NEVER root for OU, lol, that would be like a Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State, or vice-versa. I wouldn't expect an OU fan to root for Texas. The ONLY time I would EVER root for you guys would be if you were playing a team I needed to lose in order for Texas to get into the title game :lol:

I hate you so much :lol:

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:35 PM

I feel for ya here man. No friggin WAY is USC better than Florida. IDK why everyone thinks the Pac-10 is so great, but it's a crap conference. The media LOVES USC, and the polls reflect that. Your one loss SEC Gators should NOT be ranked behind one-loss PAC-10 USC. And there is no friggin way in HELL USC should be ranked over Michigan. We aren't even talking the Leinert/Bush/White Trojans here, we are talking the Dwayne Jarret and _____? Trojans here. They don't have the "wow" factor anymore, and they lost to an UNRANKED Oregon State, wheras Florida lost to Auburn, which is not only ranked 14 but another SEC team, and Michigan lost to undefeated, #1 ranked Ohio State. You know what is BS about these polls? If Ohio State had lost that game (which they were a Michigan personal foul away from losing IMO), Michigan obviously would go to #1 but Ohio State would be the undisputed #2, yet Michigan loses, by only THREE points, and they drop to BEHIND USC (in some polls)?!? Ridiculous, the media and polls need to get off USC's jock, they are nothing special this year, they play in the friggin' Pac-10, and lost to OREGON STATE. :rolleyes2

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
WVU ahead of Louisville is some bull****. Arkansas got blown apart by USC, so if ND beats USC, they should jump Arkansas -- even though Arkansas would probably jump them in the BCS if they win the SEC.

Motion
11-19-2006, 03:37 PM
WVU ahead of Louisville is some bull****. Arkansas got blown apart by USC, so if ND beats USC, they should jump Arkansas -- even though Arkansas would probably jump them in the BCS if they win the SEC.

I know this is all hindsight, but that USC blowout over Arkansas would never happen at this point in the season. Arkansas' key player was injured and didn't play in that game. I'd love to see them play now.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:39 PM
the love for USC is clear. If it would of been Florida, Oklahoma, or Texas that lost to Oregon St. we woulda been on an uphill climb just to get back into the top 10, yet USC just dropped a couple spots, maybe the voter who thought OU lost to Tech last week and voted us at #23 as a result thought USC lost to Ohio St, and not Oregon St. :shakeno:

ChambersWI
11-19-2006, 03:41 PM

Part is because you guys beat Western Kentucky (not fair), the other part being is some people think USC has played better than Florida last couple of weeks (can't disagree there, but a win is a win)

Agent51
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I know this is all hindsight, but that USC blowout over Arkansas would never happen at this point in the season. Arkansas' key player was injured and didn't play in that game. I'd love to see them play now.

Same thing with Texas and Ohio State to open the season (well, game 2 of the season). If they played Texas now it would have been a much closer game. Colt McCoy has come SO far since that game, and QB was where all our problems where that game. We COULD have had a shot at a rematch had Colt McCoy not gotten hurt vs Kansas State and then the True Freshman Snead taken so long to find a rythm. We only lost that game by 3, and that is with McCoy going out early in the first quarter and Snead not finding a rythm til the 3rd quarter.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Part is because you guys beat Western Kentucky (not fair), the other part being is some people think USC has played better than Florida last couple of weeks (can't disagree there, but a win is a win)

That only applies to certain teams

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 03:46 PM

:yes: I just mentioned that in another post. McFadden wans't there, but also that team has grown and developed as the season has gone on. Actually, an Arkansas/USC bowl game would be pretty nice.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
just got done talking on a Trojan board, they claim that the win against Nebraska gives them somewhat of an edge, lol Nebraska = weak, they will get destroyed by Texas or Oklahoma in teh Big 12 Title Game.

Agent51
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
just got done talking on a Trojan board, they claim that the win against Nebraska gives them somewhat of an edge, lol Nebraska = weak, they will get destroyed by Texas or Oklahoma in teh Big 12 Title Game.

That would be TEXAS :lol: , and if that were the case I'd like to see what they would be saying if Texas hadn't lost to Kansas State last week, because Texas would only be a 1-loss team (and the loss was to OHIO State, not OREGON State), and THEY beat Nebraska too, so I wonder what their excuse would be then.

AirFishOne
11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Anything can happen

Motion
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM

Actually it was Western Carolina :tongue:

Regardless, Florida's schedule is much tougher than USC's. I'll be the first to admit that Florida hasn't been the most consistent team lately but I still think they would easily beat USC.

Motion
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM

:rolleyes2 Nebraska!?!?

Try playing @Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, @Auburn, and Georgia and see how things turn out. I know not all of them are on top of there game lately but I'd bet the farm that USC would lose 2-3 in that stretch.

But its all pointless to make a big deal about it now. Let it be sorted out on the field and 2 weeks from now we'll know where everyone stands(hopefully).

finswin56
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
:rolleyes2 Nebraska!?!?

Try playing @Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, @Auburn, and Georgia and see how things turn out. I know not all of them are on top of there game lately but I'd bet the farm that USC would lose 2-3 in that stretch.

But its all pointless to make a big deal about it now. Let it be sorted out on the field and 2 weeks from now we'll know where everyone stands(hopefully).IMO, part of the deal with USC passing UF is sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy for the writers. Every media member has been talking about USC playing for the NC if they win out. So, a win against an actual ranked team has all of these guys believing they're so smart and vote accordingly.
I'm still not sold on UF, but if USC wins out, there's no chance that UF gets in with the current mood of the media and the recent tight games for UF.
</IMG>

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
So glad the AP is a completely worthless and meaningless poll.

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 04:17 AM
From the LA Times, interesting mess/thought. Guess my previous post maybe wrong :lol:

Anyone remember the Associated Press? Although the AP poll is no longer part of the BCS formula, it has been crowning national champions since 1936 and has no plans on stopping now. That leaves open the possibility of a split champion this year. Example: What if USC is No. 2 in the AP poll but No. 1 Ohio State and No. 3 Michigan play a rematch in the BCS title game.

USC was third in Sunday's AP poll, trailing No. 2 Michigan by only nine points.

If USC wins the Rose Bowl, and Michigan pulls off the Ohio State upset, USC might claim the AP title. Sound like a familiar title path for the Trojans?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
wisconsin should be ranked higher. i feel bad for them, they really have no shot at a BCS game it seems...their only loss was a close one to michigan. oh well...

LouPhinFan
11-20-2006, 10:27 AM
WVU ahead of Louisville is some bull****. .

Amen brother.

finswin56
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM
So glad the AP is a completely worthless and meaningless poll.Problem is that the coaches poll is even worse. I respect the coaches opinions, but not unless they actually watch the teams they're voting on. It's preposterous that people with a conflict of interest and who couldn't possibly watch the teams they're voting on could have such an impactful role in determining the NC.

Timmy54
11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Its called media love. Florida deserves that number 3 spot, they dominated a team they were sopposed to, when USC plays someone liek that, the cupcake hangs with them into the second half. Dont worry Gator, win out and it will take care of itself.

tOSU vs SEC Champion Florida would be great to watch

not sure, the BCS likes to rap the SEC. Remember Auburn???

DonShula84
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
wisconsin should be ranked higher. i feel bad for them, they really have no shot at a BCS game it seems...their only loss was a close one to michigan. oh well...

Can a conference have two at large births, and 3 BCS bids total? I thought I heard on tv a few days ago that wasnt possible screwing Wisconsin. I could be completely wrong about this, just thought I heard it for some reason.

HysterikiLL
11-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Problem is that the coaches poll is even worse. I respect the coaches opinions, but not unless they actually watch the teams they're voting on. It's preposterous that people with a conflict of interest and who couldn't possibly watch the teams they're voting on could have such an impactful role in determining the NC.

Kind of funny you brought this up. Forget the coaches poll, I was reading an article on ESPN the other day about how a voter had just been removed from the AP Poll because he put A&M higher than Oklahoma in the poll because he thought they beat OU the other week, when in fact OU had beaten them! :lol: His excuse was that he "normally watches the games" but was at the Alabama/Auburn game and so he couldn't, and couldn't find the scores in the paper.

When these rankings are causing so much steam, it's kind of crazy that some voters don't even watch these games, nor even bother to find out the actual score.

Nukulus
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM

Not to sound like a WVU homer, but the reason we're ranked higher could come down to two reasons.

1. We at #3 in the country lost to the #5 team in the country at their house. Bad, but not terrible. Louisville at #3 in the Country lost to Rutgers #15 in the country at their house. Who then decided to lose to cinci, which makes your loss to rutgers even worse.

OR

2. The voters, like I do, believe that WV is the better team. We came into a hostile environment and played our worst game since we lost to Va Tech last year. We had a numerous fumbles, muffed kicks, and a key injury to Slaton in the 3rd quarter. This was uncharacteristic of recent WV football. WV gave Louisville the game, and I believe 100% that on a neutral field if they were to play again, WV would beat them soundly.

Pocoloco
11-21-2006, 12:52 PM
there will always be some controversy, but a four team playoff is the best solution to this mess.

Mike13
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
there will always be some controversy, but a four team playoff is the best solution to this mess.

:yes: This system is awful.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
an 8-team playoff would be better. and a 12-team playoff would be perfect.

Agent51
11-21-2006, 01:56 PM
an 8-team playoff would be better. and a 12-team playoff would be perfect.

Can't argue with that. Their main arguement against the playoffs is "it's too many games", but most of the kids playing on the teams that would be in the playoffs are going pro anyway, and the pro season is 4 games longer anyway (not counting the playoffs) so it's not like it will be the end of the world, if anything it would better prepare them to last the whoel season their rookie years, or the first few years of their career. I think the NCAA needs to take a page out of the pro playbook and put in a playoff system (and get rid of that STUPID new clock rule they made this year, what geius thought up that one? The clock DOESN"T stop on change of posessions?!? :rolleyes2) and the pro game needs to take a page out of the college book and use their overtime system, because overtime in the NFL, is a joke, it's basically whoever wins the coin toss, when it SHOULD eb both teams get an equal try.

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I hate the 'too many games' debate. We now have 1 week between BCS bowls and the Nat'l championship. Also, some teams play in championship games -- if they abolished Championship game week, and BCS week and Nat'l Championship week became playoff weeks, we'd have a 12 team playoff -- what's more, only 2 teams would play in the final, which means that in this case, the two Nat'l championship finalists would only play 1-2 more games than they normally would, and the rest of teams would only play a maximum of 1 game more (or the same amount if they were in a conference championship game anyway).