11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Wtf

They just reported it on FOX

unifiedtheory
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
This is why the BCS is garbage.

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Did you really think they'd drop after losing to the #1 team on the road by 3?

Amars
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
They lost to OSU, time for some other team to have a shot. Next if USC wins ND they should jump.

Amars
11-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Did you really think they'd drop after losing to the #1 team on the road by 3?

YES. Texas lost to OSU and dropped.

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
How does Rutgers jump up after losing?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:19 PM
YES. Texas lost to OSU and dropped.

Yeah because they got blown out in their own stadium. Not even comparable.

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
How does Rutgers jump up after losing?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

That isnt the updated rankings, they just updated the records.

In the real rankings USC is close enought to jump UM if they win out, but they wont :wink:

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
That isnt the updated rankings, they just updated the records.

In the real rankings USC is close enought to jump UM if they win out, but they wont :wink:

:yes: Go Irish!

LtDan
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
as they well should be

305TillIDie
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
BCS sucks :down:..a playoff is the BEST route to go

Florida or USC should be #2..give the other teams a shot

LtDan
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM
YES. Texas lost to OSU and dropped.uhhh....Texas lost 24-7 AT HOME!!!!! Michigan lost by 3 on the road.

DonShula84
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I dont see why USC or UF should be ahead of Michigan. They both still have games left against good teams, if they are undefeated at the end of that it'll be a different story imo. But right now, the rankings look good to me

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I dont see why USC or UF should be ahead of Michigan. They both still have games left against good teams, if they are undefeated at the end of that it'll be a different story imo. But right now, the rankings look good to me

I agree, other than USC being ranked ahead of Florida.

Amars
11-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I agree, other than USC being ranked ahead of Florida.

Still alot football to be played but if USC wins out there should be no arguement on who's #2.

Majpain
11-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I dont think Florida should be 2.

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Still alot football to be played but if USC wins out there should be no arguement on who's #2.
:yes: Florida

All depends how they win out and if and how Florida wins out.

finswin56
Still alot football to be played but if USC wins out there should be no arguement on who's #2.But the point is they haven't won out yet, and they lost to an unranked team.

Motion
I dont think Florida should be 2.

I agree, not right now anyway. They need to win out convincingly to be considered.

Marino2Clayton
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
How can anyone that was watching OSU and Michigan, not think that they were watching the best two teams in college football.

With that beoing said I agree with Herbie, I don't think that there will be a remach.

Motion
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM
How can anyone that was watching OSU and Michigan, not think that they were watching the best two teams in college football.

With that beoing said I agree with Herbie, I don't think that there will be a remach.

I agree, I'm not surprised at all that they didn't drop in the rankings.

Majpain
11-19-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree, not right now anyway. They need to win out convincingly to be considered.

Yup. Now if USC loses to ND next week then there is a chance.

Amars
11-19-2006, 06:33 PM
:yes: Florida

All depends how they win out and if and how Florida wins out.

If usc wins out they will go to #2 even if they win out by 1pt in both games.

DeathStar
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
guys relax. there is still alot of football games to be played. **** the rankings for now.

Kdawg954
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM

iono, compare the losses and then think about that statement.

Get Up And Go
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
I think if you lose a game, you should drop in the rankings.

Motion
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM

We'll see

HysterikiLL
11-19-2006, 10:09 PM

I agree to some extent. Momentum tends to play a part in successful seasons -- teams who lose late in a season are typically screwed over as compared to teams who play their difficult games early and win out. I was surprised they didn't fall -- I thought maybe the BCS would give them some leeway, but I was surprised to see voters in both polls kiss their ***. Obviously the closeness of the game played a part.

Ronnieisabeast
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Still alot football to be played but if USC wins out there should be no arguement on who's #2.I couldn't disargee anymore. USC isn't better than Michigan. USC lost to Oregon State while Michigan lost to Ohio State. If you don't think there should be a rematch that's one thing, but Michigan is better than USC.

Alex44
11-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I dont mind Michigan being ranked number 2

IMO they are the best one loss team, and they played AT Ohio State so on a neutral field I think they can beat Ohio State

Amars
11-19-2006, 11:24 PM
I couldn't disargee anymore. USC isn't better than Michigan. USC lost to Oregon State while Michigan lost to Ohio State. If you don't think there should be a rematch that's one thing, but Michigan is better than USC.

Who has Michigan won besides Notre Dame? Look who USC has won compared to Michigan. If they beat Notre Dame, USC would of won better teams then Michigan.

Lloyd Christmas
11-19-2006, 11:27 PM

You're only saying that because you're a Gator Fan. No doubt in my mind.

djfresh47
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
If USC beats Notre Dame I think they should get in the championship game. After then I would say Florida if USC loses than a rematch. I don't think their will ever be a playoff but with all the one loss teams I think an arguement can be made for a bunch of teams to play in the championship. Also to comment on the other bowl games with Boise St potentially getting in a BCS a very good team is going to be left out that is deserving of a BCS game.

Amars
11-19-2006, 11:36 PM
But the point is they haven't won out yet, and they lost to an unranked team.

Your right but they loss by 2pts on the road without WR DWANYE JARRET. On the other hand they have beat 4 Ranked teams and it may be 5 if they beat #5 ranked ND. Florida have beaten only 2 ranked team and maybe 3 if they beat #6 Arkansas who USC destroyed. BTW McFadden did play in that game and had the most carries for Arkansas vs. USC.

Motion
11-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Your right but they loss by 2pts on the road without WR DWANYE JARRET. On the other hand they have beat 4 Ranked teams and it may be 5 if they beat #5 ranked ND. Florida have beaten only 2 ranked team and maybe 3 if they beat #6 Arkansas who USC destroyed. BTW McFadden did play in that game and had the most carries for Arkansas vs. USC.
USC and their fans have no business comparing schedules with anybody. Don't forget you lost to an unranked team, you keep avoiding that part.:rolleyes2 Your gonna make a big deal about being without your top WR? If you can't win without him than you have no buisness being in the top 5. But you have the media on your side and thats all you need. Can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go down.

finswin56
11-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Your right but they loss by 2pts on the road without WR DWANYE JARRET. On the other hand they have beat 4 Ranked teams and it may be 5 if they beat #5 ranked ND. Florida have beaten only 2 ranked team and maybe 3 if they beat #6 Arkansas who USC destroyed. BTW McFadden did play in that game and had the most carries for Arkansas vs. USC.That excuse only holds water against a real team. Florida has dealt with injuries all year, including losing their most dominant defensive player, and you don't hear any crying here. Why? Because it's an excuse for losers.
BTW, USC beat three teams that were ranked when they played. Two for UF.
USC beat the then #'s 19, 21, 17
UF beat the then #'s 13, 9
Every ranked team USC played was at home.
The only ranked team UF will play at home was LSU.

DBoston80
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
That excuse only holds water against a real team. Florida has dealt with injuries all year, including losing their most dominant defensive player, and you don't hear any crying here. Why? Because it's an excuse for losers.

cant argue that...Florida just hasnt earned "style" points..but thats hard to do in that conference. Like I said I watch just about all the SEC games and my strange theory remains and I know it makes NO sense...

Florida is better than Auburn
LSU is better than Florida

..kinda strange I know...just factoring in the "breaks" in my opinion.

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
That excuse only holds water against a real team. Florida has dealt with injuries all year, including losing their most dominant defensive player, and you don't hear any crying here. Why? Because it's an excuse for losers.

Ranking in Sept dont hold as much weight as ranking in Novemeber. Its not where you begin but where you finish. Teams get exposed through the season on what their ranking really should be. So dont go by then ranked go by NOW ranked teams.

Example : They had the dolphins punched in for the superbowl in Sept but they got exposed for what they are a average team.

finswin56
11-20-2006, 12:15 PM
cant argue that...Florida just hasnt earned "style" points..but thats hard to do in that conference. Like I said I watch just about all the SEC games and my strange theory remains and I know it makes NO sense...

Florida is better than Auburn
LSU is better than Florida

..kinda strange I know...just factoring in the "breaks" in my opinion.IDK how you get LSU being better than UF. LSU did nothing that game to prove you right.

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:16 PM
USC and their fans have no business comparing schedules with anybody. Don't forget you lost to an unranked team, you keep avoiding that part.:rolleyes2 Your gonna make a big deal about being without your top WR? If you can't win without him than you have no buisness being in the top 5. But you have the media on your side and thats all you need. Can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go down.

I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least. USC play ND, Michigan goes and plays ND also, OSU plays Texas. Even Tenn goes and play Cal.

finswin56
11-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Ranking in Sept dont hold as much weight as ranking in Novemeber. Its not where you begin but where you finish. Teams get exposed through the season on what their ranking really should be. So dont go by then ranked go by NOW ranked teams.

Example : They had the dolphins punched in for the superbowl in Sept but they got exposed for what they are a average team.It's not just about the ranking then vs. now. Preseason ranking are garbage to begin with, nothing but expectations. You have to look at how good teams are when the game is played, not at the end of the year. The games aren't all played at the end of the year. Teams evolve.
The biggest example of this is Arkansas.

Motion
11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least.
So I guees its their fault that FSU is having a bad season? We play them every year. Iowa? They are terrible this year, that basically goes against everything your trying to say. Nice try though.

Alex44
11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least.

Theres no guarantee the team you schedule will be good at that time either.

Anyway I dont think Florida is good enough to beat OSU....and I dont really think USC is either. Michigan can and will on a neutral field though

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
It's not just about the ranking then vs. now. Preseason ranking are garbage to begin with, nothing but expectations. You have to look at how good teams are when the game is played, not at the end of the year. The games aren't all played at the end of the year. Teams evolve.
The biggest example of this is Arkansas.

But they put up 50 still so you have to take that into account.

Motion
11-20-2006, 12:24 PM
But they put up 50 still so you have to take that into account.

They wouldn't put up half that if they were playing this weekend. That is a completely different team now.

finswin56
11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
But they put up 50 still so you have to take that into account.As Motion said..

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:39 PM
So I guees its their fault that FSU is having a bad season? We play them every year. Iowa? They are terrible this year, that basically goes against everything your trying to say. Nice try though.

Still better then playing UCF and western carolina in the same freakin season. Western Carolina who the hell even knew they had a football team. When those games where schedule those were defeniatly Dial a Win team.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 12:41 PM
no need to argue..USC wins there next 2 games..it'll be USC vs tOSU

Amars
11-20-2006, 12:43 PM
They wouldn't put up half that if they were playing this weekend. That is a completely different team now.

Yep and arkansas wouldnt put up even 14pt if they play USC right now. USC have given up only 6.5 pts/game over the last 3 games.

Motion
11-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Still better then play UCF and western carolina in the same freakin season. Western Carolina who the hell even knew they had a football team. When those games where schedule those were defeniatly Dial a Win team.

UCF was a bowl team last year and before this year's disappointing season was an up and coming team. Ever think they contacted Florida for a game because of the paycheck that comes with it? Way to single out one game though. You can "dial" all you want.

Motion
11-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Yep and arkansas wouldnt put up even 14pt if they play USC right now. USC have given up only 6.5 pts/game over the last 3 games.
Against some really good teams too. :rolleyes2 Stanford, talk about dialing.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 12:47 PM

So I guees its their fault that Stanford is having a bad season? We play them every year. Nice try though.

:dolphins:

Motion
11-20-2006, 12:48 PM
:dolphins:
:yes: Works both ways, I didn't start that debate.

And for the record, when was the last good season for Stanford? This is clearly a down year for FSU.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
:wink:

Stitches
11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
no need to argue..USC wins there next 2 games..it'll be USC vs tOSU

I though USC already played Oregon State?

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I though USC already played Oregon State?

tOSU=the University of Ohio State

Amars
11-20-2006, 02:28 PM

Standford is Pac 10 team. They have to play each other.

Amars
11-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Next year you guys play troy and florida atlantic what a joke. 2008 at least you play miami.

Cuban Dave 9
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Next year you guys play troy and florida atlantic what a joke. 2008 at least you play miami.
And FSU

Motion
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Standford is Pac 10 team. They have to play each other.

I realize this.

Give it up man. Look at the conferences, we also play FSU every year. I'd trade you schedules anyday and be right there at the end. You play 2-3 tough games all year.

Amars
11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I realize this.

Give it up man. Look at the conferences, we also play FSU every year. I'd trade you schedules anyday and be right there at the end. You play 2-3 tough games all year.

USC will win the SEC every year if they had your schedule. Just look at what they do when they play SEC.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
USC will win the SEC every year if they had your schedule. Just look at what they do when they play SEC.

nice USC owns the SEC lately..:lol:

Motion
11-20-2006, 03:02 PM
:lol: I rest my case. I'm done with this debate. They definitely own us. Wow......

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
My point is if your think you have the right to play for the National Title you should play opponents who are historically good teams aside from your conference teams. You might be good within your conference but how good are you outside of your conference. Also you have to make a statement in November that you DESERVE to play for the National Championship and I just dont feel the UF has with their sloppy play. There is no way they will beat OSU with the way the are currently playing. USC has the BEST chance of upsetting OSU. Look at what USC does in the biggest games in front a National audience when the most is on the line THEY PLAY GREAT FOOTBALL.

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:06 PM
:lol: I rest my case. I'm done with this debate. They definitely own us. Wow......

Name me a game a SEC team has won that USC hasnt.
2003 USC beat AUB at AUB
USC DESTROY ARKANSAS not 1 time but 2 years in a row.

Motion
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM

No, your clearly right. You've beaten 2 teams from the SEC twice in the last 5 years. USC clearly owns the whole SEC conference.

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
No, your clearly right. You've beaten 2 teams from the SEC twice in the last 5 years. USC clearly owns the whole SEC conference.

When they have had their chances they have beaten them NASTY and on their home field.

Motion
11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
When they have had their chances they have beaten them NASTY and on their home field.
If nasty is winning by 7 at home, then yeah.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=222450030

FYI, there are more teams in the SEC than Auburn and Arkansas. USC does not own the SEC by any means, and to suggest so is completely ridiculous.

Anyway, this is pointless to argue about. It will get sorted out on the field, hopefully. Good Luck on the rest of your season. I'm done here.

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
If nasty is winning by 7 at home, then yeah.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=222450030

FYI, there are more teams in the SEC than Auburn and Arkansas. USC does not own the SEC by any means, and to suggest so is completely ridiculous.

Anyway, this is pointless to argue about. It will get sorted out on the field, hopefully. Good Luck on the rest of your season. I'm done here.

23-0 at auburn was nasty in 2003

I was being sarcastic. I dont even think USC has played 25% of the SEC teams.

Good luck with my luck USC will lose next week

HysterikiLL
11-20-2006, 03:41 PM
23-0 at auburn was nasty in 2003

I was being sarcastic. I dont even think USC has played 25% of the SEC teams.

With Brady Quinn's arm, they'll lose anyway :wink:

Amars
11-20-2006, 03:51 PM
With Brady Quinn's arm, they'll lose anyway :wink:

:lol:

One problem. ND has no pass rush and no Secondary to cover Dwanye Jarret and Steve Smith. It will be a shoot out. I do think Quinn will have a good game and Samarja that guy a stud I dont think USC can shut him down. All I can hope for is a good game. USC will surprise me if they win all 3 of these tough game in a row.

Cuban Dave 9
11-20-2006, 04:08 PM
My point is if your think you have the right to play for the National Title you should play opponents who are historically good teams aside from your conference teams. You might be good within your conference but how good are you outside of your conference. Also you have to make a statement in November that you DESERVE to play for the National Championship and I just dont feel the UF has with their sloppy play. There is no way they will beat OSU with the way the are currently playing. USC has the BEST chance of upsetting OSU. Look at what USC does in the biggest games in front a National audience when the most is on the line THEY PLAY GREAT FOOTBALL.
FSU

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 04:11 PM

No, USC will lose to UCLA :tongue:

PrepDogg
11-20-2006, 04:42 PM
I think Michigan still deserves to be No.2 but what hurts them is that they don't have any games left so they'll certainly get leap frogged by somebody. Probably USC which would suck.

Straztheman
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
B ig
C rappy
S ystem

SECfootball
11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
2003 USC beat AUB at AUB
USC DESTROY ARKANSAS not 1 time but 2 years in a row.

USC beat Arkansas with Arkansas's 3rd best QB starting the game and McFadden's toe hanging off his foot. Give us a rematch in the Rose Bowl, and I'd love to see what we'd do to USC.

vmarcilfan75
11-20-2006, 09:53 PM
USC beat Arkansas with Arkansas's 3rd best QB starting the game and McFadden's toe hanging off his foot. Give us a rematch in the Rose Bowl, and I'd love to see what we'd do to USC.

i doubt that much..they beat you twice already 70 and 50. you want a third loss?? :lol:

SECfootball
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
i doubt that much..they beat you twice already 70 and 50. you want a third loss?? :lol:

Considering 31 of those 50 points were off of turnovers by players who are no longer starters (Felix Jones - 2 fumbles resulting in 10 USC points, Robert Johnson - 2 INTs resulting in 14 USC points, Mustain - 1 INT resulting in 7 USC points)

I'll take our chances in a rematch. Our offense relies on establishing the run early and playing with the lead. Without a healthy McFadden and with a terrible Johnson at QB, the game was over before it started.

Amars
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Considering 31 of those 50 points were off of turnovers by players who are no longer starters (Felix Jones - 2 fumbles resulting in 10 USC points, Robert Johnson - 2 INTs resulting in 14 USC points, Mustain - 1 INT resulting in 7 USC points)

I'll take our chances in a rematch. Our offense relies on establishing the run early and playing with the lead. Without a healthy McFadden and with a terrible Johnson at QB, the game was over before it started.

So every team that get injured should have rematch. Well hell let USC rematch Oregon State because Dwayne Jarret was out. Injury are part of the game, every team gets injured.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
why would anyone want any sort of rematch in a bowl game??

djfresh47
11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I think Michigan still deserves to be No.2 but what hurts them is that they don't have any games left so they'll certainly get leap frogged by somebody. Probably USC which would suck.

If Michigan gets to play in the championship game and wins what does it prove? If they win then they split with OSU does that make them the best team in the country? About the SEC and USC arguement, I think like most that the SEC is the best conference in the country but I don't think Florida or Arkansas are as good as USC. The SEC is deep but Arkansas which is undefeated in the SEC got blown out by USC and I don't think Florida could beat USC. We'll probably never see a UF vs USC game but it's not like USC is playing in the ACC. To the arguement that Arkansas is a different team now, well so is USC.

SECfootball
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
So every team that get injured should have rematch. Well hell let USC rematch Oregon State because Dwayne Jarret was out. Injury are part of the game, every team gets injured.

Not every team is USC, not every team recruits multiple blue chip players every year. McFadden is the key to our offense. To say otherwise would be to say that you haven't watched the Razorbacks play this year (or you only saw the USC game).

Amars
11-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Not every team is USC, not every team recruits multiple blue chip players every year. McFadden is the key to our offense. To say otherwise would be to say that you haven't watched the Razorbacks play this year (or you only saw the USC game).

And that USC fault they recruit blue chip players. For a long time they didnt but Pete Carroll came in and he is great recruiter.Ive seen him play but the Razorback dont exactly play on TV too much in my area. But I will see them in the SEC championship game.

primetime23
11-21-2006, 04:59 AM
They lost to OSU, time for some other team to have a shot. Next if USC wins ND they should jump.

if usc wins they will play in the nc game no matter what happens, if they lose though I think nd plays in it

Motion
11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
if usc wins they will play in the nc game no matter what happens, if they lose though I think nd plays in it

ND over Michigan? That makes sense.

Motion
11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Good SOS poll.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/117

:D

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Good SOS poll.

I guess some people feel the same way I do at USC schedule being tougher.:D

Motion
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
I guess some people feel the same way I do at USC schedule being tougher.:D

Tougher than who? I think you might wanna re-read that.

Oboy
11-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Good SOS poll.

I dunno I like seeing UF up there, but Cincinnati #1?

Motion
11-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I dunno I like seeing UF up there, but Cincinnati #1?

Yeah I was surprised by that too. I know they play Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers but still.

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Tougher than who? I think you might wanna re-read that.

Re-read:escape:

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
the sos is to current date so it make sense. Let see what it is next week.