PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled

NaboCane
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061120/ts_nm/simpson_dc_5

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - News Corp. has canceled plans to publish a controversial new book by O.J. Simpson titled, "If I Did It," and an accompanying Fox network television interview with the former football star, the company said on Monday.

News Corp. Chairman and chief executive Rupert Murdoch said in a statement that he and senior management decided that "this was an ill-considered project."

:rolleyes2 Scumbag.

Murdoch, not so much Simpson.

In other words: "I thought we could get away with it and make a bunch of money, but since we started to get a bunch of crap about it instead, I'm going to act all self-righteous about it now."

PrepDogg
11-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Right you are about Murdoch Nabo. But OJ is the scumbag to end all scumbags. :cooldude:

Timmy54
11-20-2006, 05:46 PM
wow, fox is actually not going to do something that is so obviously wrong their stations were not going to cover it. call me suprised.

Pagan
11-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Not so much Simpson???

NaboCane
11-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Not so much Simpson???That's right, I love OJ. I don't think he did it.

:rolleyes:

We know who OJ is, it's an old story, retold time and again...the real news here is Murdoch's disingenuous cynicism.

Amars
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
That's right, I love OJ. I don't think he did it.

We know who OJ is, it's an old story, retold time and again...the real news here is Murdoch's disingenuous cynicism.

I think your kidding.

Amars
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I agree with you Nabo..I dont think he actually did the killing

Wow Im actually shock that people actually think he didnt do it. Let me guess" if the glove dont fit you must acquit. "

305TillIDie
11-20-2006, 07:48 PM

We know who OJ is, it's an old story, retold time and again...the real news here is Murdoch's disingenuous cynicism.I agree with you Nabo..I dont think he actually did the killing

305TillIDie
11-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow Im actually shock that people actually think he didnt do it. Let me guess" if the glove dont fit you must acquit. "just my opinion..thats all

icephinfan
11-20-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm not sold that he did it either.

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
How could you NOT be convinced that he did it???

Where are the killers he stated he would dedicate his life to finding? I dont think they would be hiding out on golf courses..

I know this doesnt sound PC, but honestly, why is it that the only people I see defending Simpson's "innocence" are black? That race card thing was a stroke of genius for the defense.. Til this day, they still got the black community convinced that OJ was the victim of a racist cop.

maverick50
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
the real reason they are not going to do it is if they have a shortage on extra large gloves so if it wont fit you must aquit. plus judge etto and marsha clark wouldn't be available to help bring back ole times.:sidelol:

Stitches
11-20-2006, 08:21 PM
How could you NOT be convinced that he did it???

Where are the killers he stated he would dedicate his life to finding? I dont think they would be hiding out on golf courses..

I know this doesnt sound PC, but honestly, why is it that the only people I see defending Simpson's "innocence" are black? That race card thing was a stroke of genius for the defense.. Til this day, they still got the black community convinced that OJ was the victim of a racist cop.

I'm white, and I'm not convinced he did it.

Nappy Roots
11-20-2006, 08:24 PM

same here. would i be surprised if he admited he did it? no, but i am not without doubt.

and to take it further, almost every black person i know thinks his *** did it...

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 08:27 PM

I just dont get this.. Please present the case for your doubt.. I am genuinely interested to hear it.. I followed the case relatively closely, and I have seen OJ in appearances several times since, and there is not a bone in my body that can fathom how someone could find him innocent..

Every thing he does just reeks of lack of remorse or genuine pain for the loss of the mother of his children.. He has never even made an ATTEMPT to try to clear his name, and whenever he is approached to profit off the gruesome crime, the one he "didnt commit", he never hesitates to make a buck, whether its a tasteless reality show, or a "metafictional" account of the incident..

If you were innocent, would you go around making a mockery of the gruesome murder of your ex-wife and mother of your children?

Not to mention the fact that there was visual PROOF that the man beat the woman something fierce..

MNFINFAN
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
He did it, he got off, he is a scumbag, I cannot speak for Nabo, but he is rolling his eyes after his comment so I am thinking that he is being sarcastic on the I don't think he did it part.

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 08:29 PM
same here. would i be surprised if he admited he did it? no, but i am not without doubt.

and to take it further, almost every black person i know thinks his *** did it...

Well then, the media most really spin it, and they are certainly capable of doing so.. Because every time I ever see anything on it, they show a ton of black folks talking about the injustice that befell Juice at the hands of the racist cop Mark Furman.

Nappy Roots
11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Well then, the media most really spin it, and they are certainly capable of doing so.. Because every time I ever see anything on it, they show a ton of black folks talking about the injustice that befell Juice at the hands of the racist cop Mark Furman.

i dont know. its also not like their showing 26 years old and below talkin about the case. so i dont know

i know my boys parents think hes innocent, so maybe its that age group, i dunno. but, im just telling you what i know.

but also, everyone i know is under 25 or so, so they might just be forming an opinion from the media pretty much claiming how guilty he is.

i dont know.....

Stitches
11-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I just dont get this.. Please present the case for your doubt.. I am genuinely interested to hear it.. I followed the case relatively closely, and I have seen OJ in appearances several times since, and there is not a bone in my body that can fathom how someone could find him innocent..

Every thing he does just reeks of lack of remorse or genuine pain for the loss of the mother of his children.. He has never even made an ATTEMPT to try to clear his name, and whenever he is approached to profit off the gruesome crime, the one he "didnt commit", he never hesitates to make a buck, whether its a tasteless reality show, or a "metafictional" account of the incident..

If you were innocent, would you go around making a mockery of the gruesome murder of your ex-wife and mother of your children?

Not to mention the fact that there was visual PROOF that the man beat the woman something fierce..
I don't need to present a case for my doubt, the lack of criminal conviction did that for me. Like Nappy said, I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said he did it tomorrow, but I'm not convinced he did it either. And as for making an attempt to clear his name, he doesn't have to. He was acquitted of the charges. Going to trial and being found innocent is all he needs to do to clear his name. Public opinion obviously doesn't matter to the guy, because his name was cleared in the eyes of the law, and that is what counts. Regardless the results of the trial there was nothing he could do to change public perception.

NaboCane
11-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I think your kidding.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

My point was that we have belabored the OJ "guilty-or-not" scenario to death, it's not the news item here. It's the fact that scumbag Murdoch and his cronies would make this attempt at something so heinously crass, and then back off of it as if they didn't know what they were doing in the first place.

Coral Reefer
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061120/ts_nm/simpson_dc_5

:rolleyes2 Scumbag.

Murdoch, not so much Simpson.

."

Both are.

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't need to present a case for my doubt, the lack of criminal conviction did that for me. Like Nappy said, I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and said he did it tomorrow, but I'm not convinced he did it either. And as for making an attempt to clear his name, he doesn't have to. He was acquitted of the charges. Going to trial and being found innocent is all he needs to do to clear his name. Public opinion obviously doesn't matter to the guy, because his name was cleared in the eyes of the law, and that is what counts. Regardless the results of the trial there was nothing he could do to change public perception.

I take it you didnt see the case presented against him in the criminal trial then??

The only reason I can think as to why the jury didnt convict him based upon the evidence shown was that they were paid off..

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Jeez, lawyers are a generally a sleazy bunch... OJ's lawyer was just on Greta Van Sustren and he claimed that OJ wanted to write this to "secure his children's future"...

Are you freaking kidding me? He is going to secure his childrens' future by writing a book about how he "might" have killed their mother?

Nappy Roots
11-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Jeez, lawyers are a generally a sleazy bunch... OJ's lawyer was just on Greta Van Sustren and he claimed that OJ wanted to write this to "secure his children's future"...

Are you freaking kidding me? He is going to secure his childrens' future by writing a book about how he "might" have killed their mother?

hahaha

what else is he going to do?

he could probably be a really successful car salesman

"buy this car ***** or im going to put you in the trunk"

Mike13
11-21-2006, 01:26 AM
"If I did it"` Does it bother anyone else that the words: I did it are higlighted in red? I heard on the news an excerpt about that read " I would plant a glove that didn't fit to throw off the police."

Well whatever the guy is scum and so is Murdouche as Nabo said.

Til this day, they still got the black community convinced that OJ was the victim of a racist cop.

Well the guy was racist.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
:lol: how in the world can anyone think he didn't kill them...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Well the guy was racist.
i doubt it.

ih8brady
11-21-2006, 09:59 AM
From a practical view point, what innocent man who was criminally found not gulilty but civically convicted, who has 99% of the world thinking hes guilty, would say IF I DID IT, THIS IS HOW I WOULD DO IT? Morally, what scumbag would hypothetically talk like this about the slained mother of his children(or any person really)? OJ is not human, he is sub-human dreg.

Noodle Arm
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I take it you didnt see the case presented against him in the criminal trial then??

The only reason I can think as to why the jury didnt convict him based upon the evidence shown was that they were paid off..

I don't think they were paid off. I feel it had more to do with the racial tension going on in the area at the time. Don't forget, this was just a few years after the Rodney King verdict and ensuing riots.

Before Cochran took the case, the defense was just throwing crap on the wall to see if it would stick (drug lords....Colombian neck ties...), but when Cochran joined the team, he played the race card knowing how combustable the climate was in Los Angeles (and most of California) at the time. A case about 2 murdered people turned into something it shouldn't have,Cochran knew this and played it perfectly. You could even see the exasperation on the prosecution as they had to defend against some wacky theories...which eventually lead to their downfall ("I'd like Mr. Simpson to try on the glove" :smackhead )

I honestly believe Johnny Cochran is the main reason O.J. is a free man right now.

NewEra8
11-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Scumbag of the year..... KFed or OJ?

or Kramer? lol

Amars
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
I dont know if most of you who think he didnt do it even saw his trial. It was the worst prosecuted case ever. The trial went from who killed the 2 victim to LAPD Corruption scandal. The entire case was about the LAPD Corruption the prosecution went away from the actual murder and went on defending the LAPD. Good move by OJ defense but horrible by the prosecution. The prosecution was doomed from the beginning when they selected a jury in such a high profile case. It was I think 10 black 1 white and 1 hispanic. They thought that they had a slam dunk and instead they got slammed. So much evidence was not presented it was stupid. Do you guys know why the glove didnt fit because it shrunk a size because drench in blood and dried up shrinking the glove. That what the representative from isotoner said when he testified in the civil trial saying the glove will shrink if it drench and dries up.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Victim's sister: O.J. publisher offered hush money

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/storybrownap-1.jpg
Denise Brown, Nicole Brown Simpson's sister, accused publishers of trying to buy her family's silence.

The O.J. Simpson book saga took another twist Tuesday when his former sister-in-law, Denise Brown, accused the media company behind the project of trying to buy her family's silence for "millions of dollars."

Simpson's book, "If I did it," was a sequel few had dared conceive, with Simpson -- acquitted of murdering his ex-wife and her friend but later found liable in civil court -- describing how he would have killed them.

A spokesman for News Corp., owner of Fox Broadcasting and publisher HarperCollins, confirmed that the company had conversations with representatives of Nicole Brown Simpson's and Ron Goldman's families over the past week and that the families were offered all profits from the planned Simpson book and television show, but he denied that it was hush money.
(Watch why Fox cancelled the special (javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/showbiz/2006/11/20/carroll.simpson.book.cancelled.cnn','2006/11/27');) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/06/icon_video-1.gif (javascript:cnnVideo('play','javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/showbiz/2006/11/20/carroll.simpson.book.cancelled.cnn','2006/11/27');','2006/11/21');))

"There were no strings attached," News Corp. spokesman Andrew Butcher said.
Denise Brown told NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that her family's response was "Absolutely not."

"They wanted to offer us millions of dollars. Millions of dollars for, like, 'Oh, I'm sorry' money. But they were still going to air the show," Brown said. "We just thought, 'oh my god.' What they're trying to do is trying to keep us quiet, trying to make this like hush money, trying to go around the civil verdict, giving us this money to keep our mouths shut."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/21/oj.cancel.ap/index.html

Stitches
11-21-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't see how it's going around the civil verdict.

Amars
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Check out this auction. This guy is pretty talented.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OJ-Simpson-action-figure-if-i-did-it-book-version_W0QQitemZ230054957165QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Mike13
11-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Check out this auction. This guy is pretty talented.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OJ-Simpson-action-figure-if-i-did-it-book-version_W0QQitemZ230054957165QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.spectre-studios.com/sitebuilder/images/IMGP7164-450x600.jpg

http://www.spectre-studios.com/sitebuilder/images/IMGP7158-450x600.jpg

http://www.spectre-studios.com/sitebuilder/images/IMGP7160-450x600.jpg

"Any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental"

:lol:

BAMAPHIN 22
11-22-2006, 01:46 PM
O.J. says 'I have nothing to confess'

O.J. Simpson's ill-fated "If I Did It" book and TV project was not a confession to the murders of his ex-wife and her friend, and that the title wasn't his idea, he said in a radio interview Wednesday.

Simpson, who lives in the Miami suburbs, also told WTPS-AM the reported advance payment figure of $3.5 million was inaccurate. Although he would not specify how much he was paid, he did say it was a "windfall" that would go mainly to pay bills and support his children.

"Would everybody stop being so naive? Of course I got paid," Simpson said with a laugh. "I spend the money on my bills. It's gone."

Simpson's interview came two days after News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch canceled the book and two-part interview that had been set to air November 27 and November 29 on the company's Fox TV network. All copies of the book will be destroyed, officials with publisher HarperCollins have said.

The cancellation came amid an intensely negative nationwide reaction to what was being billed as a thinly veiled confession by Simpson to the 1994 murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ron Goldman. Simpson was acquitted in 1995.

In the Miami radio interview, Simpson was asked point-blank if he killed the pair.

"Absolutely not, and I maintained my innocence from day one," he replied, adding a little later: "No matter what everybody wants to say, I didn't do it."
Simpson also said he told the writer, "I have nothing to confess."

As for the "If I Did It" title, he added: "That was their title. That's what they came up with. I didn't pitch anything. I don't make book deals."

Simpson also accused the Goldman family -- which won a $33.5 million civil wrongful death judgment against him -- of "opening up those old wounds" on frequent TV appearances.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/22/simpson.interview.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22
11-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Fox is looking really bad in this O.J. deal

The O.J. Simpson saga isn't quite over. Sure, Fox pulled his interview and cancelled his book (http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/20/o-j-book-tv-interview-cancelled-by-news-corp-update/) about hypothetically killing his wife and her friend, in response to public outrage. But, now Nicole Brown Simpson's family is accusing Fox News Corp. of trying to pay them off. On the Today show this morning, Denise Brown said the company offered her family and Ron Goldman's family "hush money" in exchange for their silence when the book and television interview with O.J. came out. Fox News Corp. denies it of course, only confirming that it did offer the families ALL of the proceeds from the book. How sick is that? The company actually thought the Brown and Goldman families would accept money made off a book that describes the 'hypothetical' killing of their family members. Of course, the families refused the money.

By the way, how long do you think it will take for the O.J. Simpson interview to wind up on YouTube?

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/11/22/fox-is-looking-really-bad-in-this-oj-deal/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvsquad.com%2F2006%2F11%2F21%2Ffox-is-looking-really-bad-in-this-o-j-deal%2F&frame=true