PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Eli Manning sucks...

SkapePhin
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
The Giants got fleeced in the 2004 Draft Day trade...

Seriously, Harrington is better than him at this point.. by a long shot.

dominizzo
11-20-2006, 11:54 PM
relax with Harrington being better

MikeO
11-20-2006, 11:56 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

HARRINGOTN IS BETTER!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Eli has a rough game vs a good Jax defense now he sucks!! Hey if he wins this game in the 4th quarter.......does he still suck??? LOL LOL

dominizzo
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

HARRINGOTN IS BETTER!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Eli has a rough game vs a good Jax defense now he sucks!! Hey if he wins this game in the 4th quarter.......does he still suck??? LOL LOL

bettter give us goood picks for week 12 gambling corner

SkapePhin
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
He has had a rough game practically all season.. The guy has almost no poise at all..

HAH HA HA HAHH AHAH!

Rivers is immensely better than him at the moment..

And yes, even mediocre Harrington is better than him at the moment..

The guy is overthrowing every thing, fumbling, throwing dreadful interceptions left and right.. Almost sound like what people say about Harrington, only Eli looks worse doing it.

EDIT: HAH AH AHA HHA H!

dominizzo
11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
cmon skape

SkapePhin
11-21-2006, 12:03 AM
You can honestly say that Eli is performing better than Joey over the past few games? Manning has been a disaster as of late... He has come unglued..

MikeO
11-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah Rivers has a hall of fame RB and TIGHT END too. Not to mention the MVP of the league scoring 3 to 4 TD's a game.

What QB wouldnt' look good.

Manning is missing his #2 WR, an o-linemen, and has his RB with a broken thumb.

Yeah, fair comparison!

dominizzo
11-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah Rivers has a hall of fame RB and TIGHT END too. Not to mention the MVP of the league scoring 3 to 4 TD's a game.

Yeah, fair comparison!

weeek 12 picks better be good

SkapePhin
11-21-2006, 12:05 AM
OMG dont give me this horse****.. Eli has had both a HOF RB AND an all-pro TE with him, as well as a physically dominant WR, regardless of the loss of his second option..

Rivers' WR corps is not exactly something to write home about.. Eli and Rivers have basically the same weapons to work with.. Yes, Tomlinson is playing all-world, but Rivers is more than holding his own.. He is outplaying Brees imo.

MikeO
11-21-2006, 12:08 AM
You ask 100 NFL scouts or executives who would they rather have...

Eli or Harrington. I guarntee you 100 of them say Eli.

Nuff said!

Majpain
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I thought it was funny people saying ELi was going to be better than Peyton now that was funny.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 12:38 AM
ah, more jumping to conclusions! i love this board.

speaking of jumping to conclusions, rivers is awwwwwwwesome.

dominizzo
11-21-2006, 12:42 AM
ah, more jumping to conclusions! i love this board.

speaking of jumping to conclusions, rivers is awwwwwwwesome.

more awesome than me/?

BE GOOD
11-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I'll take Elie over Joey any day of the week.

TotoreMexico
11-21-2006, 12:46 AM
more awesome than me/?

dominizzo > Rivers

adamprez2003
11-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Eli has played as badly as you can the last three weeks. Not only Joey, but probably 30 QBs have outplayed the guy the last three weeks. He's been absolutely atrocious. I have seen every game and he's regressing for some reason

dominizzo
11-21-2006, 12:55 AM
dominizzo > Rivers:wink:

Rocky Raccoon
11-21-2006, 01:20 AM
right now Rivers is definately playing better than Eli.

In the past 4 games...

Rivers: 77/113...68%...977 yards...6 TD...2 INT...4-0 record

Eli: 66/132...50%...684 yards...3 TD...5 INT...2-2 record

BuffaloSoldier2
11-21-2006, 02:17 AM

:sidelol: Harrington better than Manning? Are you the same guy who started the great Culpepper vs. Brady debate? :sidelol:

BuffaloSoldier2
11-21-2006, 02:19 AM
right now Rivers is definately playing better than Eli.

In the past 4 games...

Rivers: 77/113...68%...977 yards...6 TD...2 INT...4-0 record

Eli: 66/132...50%...684 yards...3 TD...5 INT...2-2 record

Rivers is playing better than every QB right now.

I always thought Manning was overhyped but he still is a pretty good QB. However, when you factor getting Merriman, their kicker on top of Rivers, the Chargers made a hell of a deal.

SkapePhin
11-21-2006, 09:01 AM
You ask 100 NFL scouts or executives who would they rather have...

Eli or Harrington. I guarntee you 100 of them say Eli.

Nuff said!

Just because he is a better prospect, it doesnt mean he is playing better..

Heck, one of the reasons he was a better prospect was because of his family name. That is almost indisputable.

SkapePhin
11-21-2006, 09:02 AM
:sidelol: Harrington better than Manning? Are you the same guy who started the great Culpepper vs. Brady debate? :sidelol:

Have you frickin SEEN Eli play lately?

Vertical Limit
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
They replayed one of his interceptions, and he clearly looked down his receiver and he didnt even see the DB even though it was right in his face. He has terrible vision for a QB.

L.T.21
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
They replayed one of his interceptions, and he clearly looked down his receiver and he didnt even see the DB even though it was right in his face. He has terrible vision for a QB.

Rivers does?

I think this is the VERY first time anyone has ever mentioned that Rivers has "bad vision."

The only thing that has ever been said about Rivers was his throwing motion (which has been modified) but lack of vision??????

Watch the replay again, the scheme worked in which D. Williams was suppose to cover the secondary WR further down the field, and McCardell was suppose to hook back (which he didn't) hence the INT.

Vertical Limit
11-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I thought this topic was about Eli Manning, not Philip Rivers? How did you get Rivers out of my post? I was talking about last nights' game.

L.T.21
11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
I thought this topic was about Eli Manning, not Philip Rivers? How did you get Rivers out of my post? I was talking about last nights' game.

Oh my bad..I thought you were referring to Philip....was at the airport and just reading through the board wasting time.

But yes I agree. ELI SUCKS:)

tucker
11-21-2006, 01:17 PM

Yeah, fair comparison!lol@this..so what about Burress, Barber, and Shockey? manning has looked bad pretty much all season

Prophet
11-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Harrington > Eli is almost as ridiculous as saying Culpepper > Brady.

Vertical Limit
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Harrington > Eli is almost as ridiculous as saying Culpepper > Brady.
Hmm, not really, because it's not like Eli is some great quarterback. All he has is potential, just like Harrington. Eli hasn't done anything in this league to be mentioned in the Top 15. Yesterday, he barely completed 50% of his passes. Actually, he only completed 46% percent of his passes. Granted, the Jaguars secondary is one of the best in the league, and at their home, the Jaguars are only giving up 7 points per game average. But like Rocky said, he only completed 50% of his passes the last 4 games. He also ranks 30th in the league in 3rd down conversions.

I do agree that "Culpepper > Brady" is ridiculous. They don't even belong in the same sentence.

Rocky Raccoon
11-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Yeah, fair comparison!
:rolleyes2

and Manning has Barber, Shockey, and Burress. All of whom are solid players.

L.T.21
11-21-2006, 06:16 PM
The best thing that separates the TWO are intangibles.

Rivers has "IT" / Manning does not.

I love PR's fire, ability to read, and the way he leads HIS team. The MVP of the Chargers at this point is not LT, its #17.

maverick50
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
wow i come here for my daily dose of dolphin education and now when a qb has a bad day he is the feidler of the nfl. next we will be hearing how ray lucas id the next donnovan mcnabb. why not rent a sage and put him in as dan marino.:sidelol:

Phinz4Life
11-21-2006, 07:06 PM
The best thing that separates the TWO are intangibles.

Rivers has "IT" / Manning does not.

I love PR's fire, ability to read, and the way he leads HIS team. The MVP of the Chargers at this point is not LT, its #17.

My fantasy team disagrees with you. :D

MikeO
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
:rolleyes2

and Manning has Barber, Shockey, and Burress. All of whom are solid players.

there is a difference between "solid" players and HALL OF FAME PLAYERS!

ch19079
11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
one bad game. mannign has shown some very good things in the past, and is far better than harrington.

the jags just found a way to completely screw him up.

the scary thing is that, if they can do that to eli, what do you think they will do to JP next week?? :(

L.T.21
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
one bad game. mannign has shown some very good things in the past, and is far better than harrington.

the scary thing is that, if they can do that to eli, what do you think they will do to JP next week?? :(

How about when SD comes to your house...I fear for your QB's well being - we'll finally be at 100% when we play you.
:D

Vertical Limit
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM

One bad game? Maybe you should watch more Giants football. He's had atleast 5-6 bad games this year.

Metal Panda
11-22-2006, 12:52 PM

Uh...no he isn't. Eli's in a bad stretch right now but he is still better than Joey.

Metal Panda
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
One bad game? Maybe you should watch more Giants football. He's had atleast 5-6 bad games this year.

He might be maddeningly inconsistent, but he's still done things as a starter that Harrington has yet to do. The Broncos comeback was pretty amazing.

Unlike half of the other posters, I won't make excuses for Manning...you can't always say it's the other personnel's fault.

However, Harrington better? Not even close.

Mike13
11-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok Skape lay off the ganj.

Eli Manning is a **** load better than Harrington.
All though I do think he is overrated, if his last name weren't Manning, we would not be hearing so much about him. I'm not saying he sucks, he's a good QB, he's just not great, maybe he would be if he wasn't inconsistent.
He does deserve to fail IMO after his "I'm too good for San Diego" bull****.

Instead of agreeing with him Peyton and Archie should have just told him to STFU because he had yet to accomplish a damn thing in the pros.