PDA

View Full Version : Here's to USC

Vol&dolfan
11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I hope USC beats the crap out of ND and UCLA. I don't want to see a Michigan and Ohio State play again. I hope USC wins big over thier thier next 2 games to put them in the championship game. Michigan had thier chance and they lost time for some one else.

SECfootball
11-21-2006, 01:29 AM
And you'd want to see the SEC get ****ed over again?

Amars
11-21-2006, 01:34 AM

Get over it already. I bet you didnt mind when LSU won the championship and USC was the odd man out. Even though everyone knew USC was the better team.

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Notre Dame (my new favorite team) is going to beat the crap out of SC. They better. :(

Rafiki
11-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Which teams from the SEC have the strength of schedule that USC does?

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Which teams from the SEC have the strength of schedule that USC does?

You're calling the SEC schedule weak?

Rafiki
11-21-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm saying that their lack of interconference games is hurting them.

Maybe they should change that.

DonShula84
11-21-2006, 03:04 AM
When your conference games are strong you shouldnt have to play tough teams out of conference also. Teams in weak conferences have to look for tough matchups outside of there conference because there conference schedules are a joke. Pac10 has USC and Cal. So if USC wants to play good teams they have to schedule tough games out of conference. SEC teams dont have to do that. People are literally punishing them for having a good conference? If UF wins out and USC loses a game and they dont play for the title it will be a joke.

Oh, and ND will get its revenge Saturday. USC wont have Leinart to save them this year!

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 03:13 AM
When your conference games are strong you shouldnt have to play tough teams out of conference also. Teams in weak conferences have to look for tough matchups outside of there conference because there conference schedules are a joke. Pac10 has USC and Cal. So if USC wants to play good teams they have to schedule tough games out of conference. SEC teams dont have to do that. People are literally punishing them for having a good conference? If UF wins out and USC loses a game and they dont play for the title it will be a joke.

Oh, and ND will get its revenge Saturday. USC wont have Leinart to save them this year!

They won't have Reggie "Push" Bush either. USC can say Bye-Bye Nat'l Champ.

DonShula84
11-21-2006, 03:16 AM
They won't have Reggie "Push" Bush either. USC can say Bye-Bye Nat'l Champ.

:pray:

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
SEC is a middle of the road conference. Florida would be 9-3 on Notre Dame's schedule

finswin56
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
SEC is a middle of the road conference. Florida would be 9-3 on Notre Dame's schedule:lol: So, they would have lost to the might Michigan State, UCLA or Penn State? rrriiiggghhhttttt
BTW, nice job bragging about your schedule when miracles save you from losses to MSU and UCLA.
Way to protect that home turf.

Motion
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm saying that their lack of interconference games is hurting them.

Maybe they should change that.
I think you mean out of conference schedule. And Florida is supposed to be penalized for FSU having a down year? Yeah that makes sense. :lol:

SEC is a middle of the road conference. Florida would be 9-3 on Notre Dame's schedule
Riiight, and ND would be 8-4 with Florida's schedule. :lol:

Kev83
11-21-2006, 09:59 AM
For anyone who wants to see a good ranking of SOS:
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/117

Who has the SOS USC does? Both Michigan & Florida.

Motion
11-21-2006, 10:07 AM

Thanks for the link, good stuff.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
ahahahahahhaa

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:29 AM

:lol: We will see.

As to outconference games comment above. You cant predict if you conference is going to be the strongest if your scheduling game 4-5 YEARS in advance. One year its SEC the next its Big 10 or ACC, you never know what going to happen in the future. That said If you have a good program and you want to COMPETE for a National Championship which means being THE BEST IN THE NATION then you should PROVE IT BY PLAYING TOUGHER OUT CONFERENCE games. IF YOUR THE BEST YOU SHOULD WIN - RIGHT. Dont take the easy win and puff up your records and stats. We know the SEC is good no arguement to that, but I want to see what they do when play a Mich, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech. Cmon dont give a freaking game like Western Carolina or Buffalo that is a freakin JOKE.

Majpain
11-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Its not like USC is going to challenge OSU. Only Michigan can match up with OSU.

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Its not like USC is going to challenge OSU. Only Michigan can match up with OSU.

:sidelol:

You would figure that if a team that won the turnover battle by 3 they would win the game. -Right

Michigan won the turnover battle by 3 and still was down 10 pts the entire game. What are they going to do win, win the turnover battle by 5. Michigan cant beat OSU face it Troy Smith has owned them for the last 3 years.

If anyteam can beat them its USC. USC shows up for the big game and rises to the occasion. Just look at their record in November-Jan under Pete Carroll. Nobody has a better chance at upsetting OSU then USC.

Majpain
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
USC still has 2 more games. Lets see if they rise up vs ND.

Amars
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
USC still has 2 more games. Lets see if they rise up vs ND.

That game is going to show alot to everyone of who USC really is.

finswin56
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the link :up:

finswin56
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
That game is going to show alot to everyone of who USC really is.I disagree. I have zero expectations for ND in that game. They don't play defense. I can't stand seeing a team ranked so highly when their defense is so poor.
Winning that game will prove nothing to anyone paying attention.

Amars
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I disagree. I have zero expectations for ND in that game. They don't play defense. I can't stand seeing a team ranked so highly when their defense is so poor.

Then I guess Michigan beating ND means nothing also. I know your SEC guy and defense is everything in SEC.

finswin56
11-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Then I guess Michigan beating ND means nothing also. I know your SEC guy and defense is everything in SEC.Big difference between "show a lot" and "means nothing"
Big difference between blowing out a rival at home, and winning at home.

Defense isn't everything, but w/o it a team can't be considered a serious contender. Nice try on your simplistic characterization of me though.

marino1348
11-21-2006, 04:55 PM

Im a Notre Dame fan too, but that just is not true. Florida beat UT LSU Alabama and most likely you can add Arkansas. Florida cant help FSU is terrible this year,but they're still bett than half of nd teams. If Florida played ND's schedule they would be the same or a game better.

PrepDogg
11-21-2006, 05:30 PM

:confused: :shakeno:

DeathStar
11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
he ran away...he knew he lied and was blatantly wrong. what a super homer.

DonShula84
11-21-2006, 06:36 PM

hopefully it shows them USC is bad :D :wink:

Oh and as an ND fan I'm glad we dont have UF's schedule because we'd probably be headed to the Gator Bowl. And If UF had our schedule I think they'd have the same record, 1 or 2 losses.

DonShula84
11-21-2006, 06:38 PM
I disagree. I have zero expectations for ND in that game. They don't play defense. I can't stand seeing a team ranked so highly when their defense is so poor.

What does it show you if ND wins :D

Amars
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
hopefully it shows them USC is bad :D :wink:

Oh and as an ND fan I'm glad we dont have UF's schedule because we'd probably be headed to the Gator Bowl. And If UF had our schedule I think they'd have the same record, 1 or 2 losses.

:lol: Its going to be a good game. Hopefully a classic but I hope not as close as last year. That game was one of the most tense moment I have ever experience in sports. I heard the Charlie Weiss has been preparing and game planning for 3 weeks. He didn't watch film for the last couple of opponents ND has face, only watching USC game film.

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM

ND has one loss -- to the 2nd best team in the nation. You guys can talk a lot about Florida being a better one loss team, but the bottom line is Michigan is a better team than Auburn.

As for this game, I can't wait for it. I just watched last years game again and it got my heart going. Lets get this show on the road. Go ND!

Amars
11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Florida just should of played a tougher out conference team and more likely they will be #3 or even #2 if they take on USC, Texas, ND. If they are the best prove it.

Cuban Dave 9
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
ND has one loss -- to the 2nd best team in the nation. You guys can talk a lot about Florida being a better one loss team, but the bottom line is Michigan is a better team than Auburn.

As for this game, I can't wait for it. I just watched last years game again and it got my heart going. Lets get this show on the road. Go ND!
ND lossed at home

Motion
11-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Florida just should of played a tougher out conference team and more likely they will be #3 or even #2 if they take on USC, Texas, ND. If they are the best prove it.
Ugh I tried so hard to be done with this debate. But this broken record BS just gets to me.

Seriously you act like USC has such a hard out of conference schedule. On average ND and FSU are usually pretty even and the SEC is much tougher than the PAC 10, your argument holds no weight. Part of me actually wants to see USC get to face OSU so they get blown out by 30.

Cuban Dave 9
11-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't know why people forget that FSU is out of conference and that we play them every year.

Rafiki
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
The SEC is such a great conference they never have to prove how tough the conference really is by playing eachother only. The PAC 10 is so weak that the national champion has come from there 3 out of the last 5 years, and deserved a title shot when LSU won...

Right?

Martel
11-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Part of me actually wants to see USC get to face OSU so they get blown out by 30.

If you really think that would happen then you are an even *removed* then I thought you were.

Personal attacks are not permitted.

Mike13
11-22-2006, 01:43 AM

It will be a great game thats for sure.

He wanst to see UF get screwed over, UF and UT are rivals, UF beat UT, UF won the east, I'd be bitter too.

Motion
11-22-2006, 07:19 AM
If you really think that would happen then you are an even bigger ***** then I thought you were. Glad I could exceed expectations.

Amars
11-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Ugh I tried so hard to be done with this debate. But this broken record BS just gets to me.

Seriously you act like USC has such a hard out of conference schedule. On average ND and FSU are usually pretty even and the SEC is much tougher than the PAC 10, your argument holds no weight. Part of me actually wants to see USC get to face OSU so they get blown out by 30.

Seriously if you think your program is the best play a harder out of conference team. If your the best then you should win RIGHT.There is no guarantee that the SEC is going to be the best conference 4 years down the line when your making the schedule. Kinda like what happen to FSU nobody thought they were going to be this bad and that hurt UF because they play them every year. The same for USC when ND was horrible before Weiss they stilled played against good out conference team. So the point about the SEC being the best and we dont need to play anyone good outside the conference is horse crap. Have fun playing the Buffalo and Western Carolinas teams seems like intriguing matchups.

Having said that let see what happens in 2 weeks. For all we know Boise State might play for the NC.

Motion
11-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Seriously if you think your program is the best play a harder out of conference team. If your the best then you should win RIGHT.There is no guarantee that the SEC is going to be the best conference 4 years down the line when your making the schedule. Kinda like what happen to FSU nobody thought they were going to be this bad and that hurt UF because they play them every year. The same for USC when ND was horrible before Weiss they stilled played against good out conference team. So the point about the SEC being the best and we dont need to play anyone good outside the conference is horse crap. Have fun playing the Buffalo and Western Carolinas teams seems like intriguing matchups.
I never said that, all I said was it has to count for something. I'm not the scheduler or else I would throw some other teams in there. I'm just tired of people constantly bashing Florida's schedule when its one of the, if not THE, toughest in the nation.

Having said that let see what happens in 2 weeks. For all we know Boise State might play for the NC.

Great idea, I've been saying that all week.

Amars
11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
I never said that, all I said was it has to count for something. I'm not the scheduler or else I would throw some other teams in there. I'm just tired of people constantly bashing Florida's schedule when its one of the, if not THE, toughest in the nation.

Great idea, I've been saying that all week.

I know you havent said that but other have.

HysterikiLL
11-22-2006, 02:54 PM
ND lossed at home

..still, assuming both teams finish with 1 loss a piece, ND would have done what no other team has done in years -- beat USC at home...

Amars
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
..still, assuming both teams finish with 1 loss a piece, ND would have done what no other team has done in years -- beat USC at home...

Or the flip side of that is USC might do what no team have ever done before Beat Notre Dame 5yrs straight.

DolphinDevil28
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Get over it already. I bet you didnt mind when LSU won the championship and USC was the odd man out. Even though everyone knew USC was the better team.

You're out of your mind.

DolphinDevil28
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM

You're out of your mind.

Motion
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
:lol:

Amars
11-22-2006, 05:19 PM
You're out of your mind.

Here comes the LSU guy. :lol:

DonShula84
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Most people dont seem to be giving ND a chance in this game God I want to shut all these USC lovers up.

Amars
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Most people dont seem to be giving ND a chance in this game God I want to shut all these USC lovers up.

:lol::quiet:

Rafiki
11-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Is it true that USC winning is the only thing that will prevent a rematch of OSU and Michigan for the National Title?

DonShula84
11-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Is it true that USC winning is the only thing that will prevent a rematch of OSU and Michigan for the National Title?

Id hope that if Florida won out they could jump UM also. But USC winning out would definitely keep UM out of the championship game imo

HysterikiLL
11-23-2006, 12:08 AM
The only thing USC has a chance of winning this weekend is the coin toss. And even that's not a given.

Amars
11-23-2006, 12:19 AM
The only thing USC has a chance of winning this weekend is the coin toss. And even that's not a given.

im pretty sure they're well prepared after playing NAVY.

DonShula84
11-23-2006, 12:22 AM

:lol: :yes:

GoBills24
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
:lol: So, they would have lost to the might Michigan State, UCLA or Penn State? rrriiiggghhhttttt
BTW, nice job bragging about your schedule when miracles save you from losses to MSU and UCLA.
Way to protect that home turf.

That game was on the road.

HysterikiLL
11-23-2006, 12:49 AM
im pretty sure they're well prepared after playing NAVY.

Beat Navy too. In fact, Notre Dame has beaten all the unranked teams they've played this season. But that's a given. No real contenders lose to unranked teams, right?

:tongue:

Martel
11-23-2006, 12:56 AM
You're out of your mind.

You do understand that your are in the minority of public opionion on this right? SC would have thumped LSU that year......soundly.

Is Matt Mauck still playing football?

Martel
11-23-2006, 01:05 AM

:lol: Touchdown Jesus won't save you this time like he did against sorry *** UCLA.

41-24 SC

Mike13
11-23-2006, 01:10 AM
what no team have ever done before Beat Notre Dame 5yrs straight.

Who's gonna push Booty into the endzone?:lol:

DolphinDevil28
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
You do understand that your are in the minority of public opionion on this right? SC would have thumped LSU that year......soundly.

Is Matt Mauck still playing football?

No.

YOU have to understand that you are influenced by the west coast newspapers.

LSU had a top 5 defense OF ALL TIME in 2003. Look at the names up and down the board.

Chad Lavalais, Kyle Williams, Marcus Spears, Travis Daniels, Corey Webster, Norman Lejuene, Jack Hunt, Laron Landry, Claude Wroten, Cam Vaughn....

USC had defensive players starting who were being taken to school on a yellow bus the year before.

Pardon me if I am incorrect, but when LSU beat Oklahoma, the field said, "National Championship" on it.

It's not our fault USC wasn't included.

Face it. USC has won exactly as many national championships as LSU has in the last four years.

Martel
11-23-2006, 02:00 AM
No.

LSU had a top 5 defense OF ALL TIME in 2003. Look at the names up and down the board.

Chad Lavalais, Kyle Williams, Marcus Spears, Travis Daniels, Corey Webster, Norman Lejuene, Jack Hunt, Laron Landry, Claude Wroten, Cam Vaughn....

USC had defensive players starting who were being taken to school on a yellow bus the year before.

Pardon me if I am incorrect, but when LSU beat Oklahoma, the field said, "National Championship" on it.

Face it. USC has won exactly as many national championships as LSU has in the last four years.

And SC's offense wasn't great?

Either way SC is in the National Championship hunt AGAIN THIS YEAR and LSU's season was over the first week of October!!

Wait, so you think that most of America feels like LSU was better than SC in '03?

DolphinDevil28
11-23-2006, 02:05 AM
And SC's offense wasn't great?

Either way SC is in the National Championship hunt AGAIN THIS YEAR and LSU's season was over the first week of October!!

Wait, so you think that most of America feels like LSU was better than SC in '03?

I would love to see SC play a constant SEC schedule.

YOU LOST TO OREGON STATE.

Louisiana is a very small market. Los Angeles is the 2nd biggest market in the U.S.

Of course most of the country would be persuaded that USC is better.

Why do you think Rutgers got so much more attention than Boise State this year?

USC had the stars. LSU was the better team.

Sorry.

Amars
11-23-2006, 02:29 AM
No.

Pardon me if I am incorrect, but when LSU beat Oklaoma, the field said, "National Championship" on it.

Relax man I was just responding to your SEC homie who said another SEC team is gonna get burn because of the BCS. Referring to Auburn 2yrs ago and UF and Arkansas this year. Hey I agree LSU won it fair and square in regards to BCS rules and calculation. I wonder why they changed the formula after that year? Oh ya because EVERY ONE IN THE COUNTRY KNOWS USC WAS #1. Except the stupid BCS cpu and south eastern conf. of course. Every human poll has USC #1 or did you forget that. It wasnt west coast newspaper because who the hell read newspaper anymore.

Martel
11-23-2006, 02:46 AM
I would love to see SC play a constant SEC schedule.

YOU LOST TO OREGON STATE.

Louisiana is a very small market. Los Angeles is the 2nd biggest market in the U.S.

Of course most of the country would be persuaded that USC is better.

Why do you think Rutgers got so much more attention than Boise State this year?

USC had the stars. LSU was the better team.

Sorry.

The SEC schedule? :lol:

Like that first place Arkansas team? Did they play anyone from the PAC-10 this year?

DonShula84
11-23-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:yes:

Martel
11-23-2006, 02:54 AM
http://whatsbruin.net/images/trojans.jpg

:yes:

You lost all your L.A. privileges! Hey - get outta LA!!! :lol:

HysterikiLL
11-23-2006, 04:37 AM
They build hard men in U$C..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/102905usc13lg-1.jpg

HysterikiLL
11-23-2006, 04:39 AM
...strong men too..

EDIT: Yes, this is actually a male.

Amars
11-23-2006, 10:21 AM
You lost all your L.A. privileges! Hey - get outta LA!!! :lol:

:lol: Classic

Amars
11-23-2006, 10:33 AM
I didnt know Stay Puft went to Notre Dame

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/265646-1.jpg

HysterikiLL
11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I didnt know Stay Puft went to Notre Dame

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/265646.jpg
http://www.house-of-mysterious-secrets.com/images/staypuff.jpg

USC: We'll give you a future, and so much more!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/ojsimpsonsigns-1.jpg

finswin56
11-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Relax man I was just responding to your SEC homie who said another SEC team is gonna get burn because of the BCS. Referring to Auburn 2yrs ago and UF and Arkansas this year. Hey I agree LSU won it fair and square in regards to BCS rules and calculation. I wonder why they changed the formula after that year? Oh ya because EVERY ONE IN THE COUNTRY KNOWS USC WAS #1. Except the stupid BCS cpu and south eastern conf. of course. Every human poll has USC #1 or did you forget that. It wasnt west coast newspaper because who the hell read newspaper anymore.If I recall correctly, USC wasn't #1 until after the bowls. It was obvious, and largely commented on by the media, that USC moved to #1 in the AP poll as a protest to the BCS system. The AP poll voted USC #1 so that they could claim a split championship.

Does the coaches poll not count as a "human" poll anymore? LSU was #1 in that poll. There are only two "human" polls with any national credibility. One had USC (in protest to the BCS), and the other had LSU.