PDA

View Full Version : If I don't have NFL network..

Aqua4Ever04
11-21-2006, 03:08 AM
Does that mean that I can't watch the Broncos vs. Chiefs game on Thanksgiving night? Every week thereafter they are playing Thursday night games as well. UGH!! I'm so preturbed at this TV agreement bull crap! Why can't every carrier offer Sunday ticket instead of stupid directv. I'm so angry about all of this. :tantrum:

Blade
11-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear that you will miss the games on the NFL network. It all about who pays the most money to cover the games.

PhinzN703
11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Well unless I'm nuts, if you dont have the channel the game is on, you wont be able to watch the game.

Right?

Motion
11-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Does that mean that I can't watch the Broncos vs. Chiefs game on Thanksgiving night? Every week thereafter they are playing Thursday night games as well. UGH!! I'm so preturbed at this TV agreement bull crap! Why can't every carrier offer Sunday ticket instead of stupid directv. I'm so angry about all of this. :tantrum:

Is that a rhetorical question or are you serious?

Alex44
11-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Is that a rhetorical question or are you serious?

Well the local games will be simulcast on the regular network so its not that bad a question to ask if they all will

Anyway I have NFL Network and I still think this is a terrible idea

DolfanDaveInATX
11-21-2006, 02:55 PM
If you're in the local market of a team that is playing in an NFL Network game, the league will make it available to an over-the-air station in your market. Otherwise, you'll only be able to see it on NFL Network.

Rocky Raccoon
11-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Well the local games will be simulcast on the regular network so its not that bad a question to ask if they all will

Anyway I have NFL Network and I still think this is a terrible idea

I think it's brilliant in a business sense. More and more people will wind up getting NFL Network, DirecTV and Sunday Ticket because of it. If I was a die-hard Chiefs fan, and I knew I could only watch this game by getting the NFL Network, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have Sunday Ticket so I can watch all the Dolphins games, and I don't know what I would do without it.

Aqua4Ever04
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
If Sunday ticket and NFL network would expand their package to other carriers, they would at least double their sales. It's so stupid that they are putting a game on primetime, but only allowing those few to watch.

icephinfan
11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I think it's brilliant in a business sense. More and more people will wind up getting NFL Network, DirecTV and Sunday Ticket because of it. If I was a die-hard Chiefs fan, and I knew I could only watch this game by getting the NFL Network, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have Sunday Ticket so I can watch all the Dolphins games, and I don't know what I would do without it.

Yeah, but if you live in an apartment or an area that doesn't provide Direct TV, then those people are screwed.

Aqua4Ever04
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah, but if you live in an apartment or an area that doesn't provide Direct TV, then those people are screwed.

Or if your mom doesn't want to buy it for the house. :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13
11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I got Cablevision on LI and they still don't have a deal with the NFL network to broadcast the channel. Damn James Dolan and Cablevision!

Timmy54
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
it is the NFL's way of trying to get their station on all cable outlets, i like it cause it sticks it to cable. thank good for my dish

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-22-2006, 10:05 AM
sucks for you!

ch19079
11-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but if you live in an apartment or an area that doesn't provide Direct TV, then those people are screwed. then you do what all the other football fans do, you rent an apartment that has a balcany and faces the correct way for your dish.

thats what i did.

i dont see this as a big deal really. they will probubly show the game in the local area (if not blacked out). and if you dont live in the area you wouldnt be able to watch the game anyways unless you had sunday ticket. i think of it like a normal sunday game that is played on thursday, with no special national braudcast like the lions and cowboys games.

how else do fans of teams far away watch their teams games?

its either sunday ticket or the local sports bar. and i for one yell, curse, and drink to much during football games to enjoy myself at a bar.

DeathStar
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I got Cablevision on LI and they still don't have a deal with the NFL network to broadcast the channel. Damn James Dolan and Cablevision!
the NFL is charging an arm and a leg for the carriage of the channel. it makes no sense for cablevision to pay so much for this channel. time warner would have to pay 140 million bucks a year for the channel for its subscribers. that makes no sense.

the NFL wants its network to be a top 5 most expensive cable channel.

Roman529
11-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Here in Colorado the game coverage is all the news people can talk about....it is like a bigger story than 9/11...the Broncos fans are all crying their eyes out over this. They will be showing the game in the Denver area only, other than that you either have to have the NFL Network or go to a sportsbar. There are over 20 sportsbars here in Colorado Springs showing the game, and most are throwing in turkey dinner buffets for an extra $5-$10. The newspaper even listed all the places that are showing the game. I am glad my brother has the NFL Network...I will be watching it at his house and falling asleep in the recliner. :lol:

Brown42000
11-22-2006, 09:13 PM
The NFL Network is owned by the NFL so you should just expect more games to be aired on the NFL Network in the upcoming years and the only thing I am worried about with the games they televise is the commentating for the games.