PDA

View Full Version : sec

primetime23
11-21-2006, 04:58 AM
dont some of you think the sec is over-rated big time. every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything, you got fld barley beating vandy and sc, miss st beats alabama , bama hangs with auburn. I can go on and on. I dont see any difference between the acc and sec. two divisions where any team can beat any team. Ill admit the sec is better than the acc but not by what everyone is saying and on top of that everyone is talking about how **** the acc is. Ill say the big ten is the strongest div. you got osu,mich,wisc as very strong teams that not only win most of the time but they win big most of the time

Kev83
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
You're a joke if you believe this.:sidelol:

Motion
11-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Wow................................

Amars
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh man get ready for the pounding. :lol:

Bumpus
11-21-2006, 11:17 AM
dont some of you think the sec is over-rated big time. every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything, you got fld barley beating vandy and sc, miss st beats alabama , bama hangs with auburn. I can go on and on. I dont see any difference between the acc and sec. two divisions where any team can beat any team. Ill admit the sec is better than the acc but not by what everyone is saying and on top of that everyone is talking about how **** the acc is. Ill say the big ten is the strongest div. you got osu,mich,wisc as very strong teams that not only win most of the time but they win big most of the time
Ya' know, I heard that LensCrafters is offering some good deals this holiday season.

finswin56
11-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
- Laurence J. Peter

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 11:28 AM

This part in bold is very true. Not sure that the SEC and ACC should be considered in the same breath though. The SEC is a little over hyped this year that is for sure. The Big 10 has teams ranked #1, #2, #8, and #24 in the BCS.

And like I said before #24 Penn State has only lost to #1 OSU, #2 UM, #5 ND, and #8 Wisconsin. THAT is a pretty tough schedule.

Oboy
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
- Laurence J. Peter
:yeahthat:

Kev83
11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
This part in bold is very true. Not sure that the SEC and ACC should be considered in the same breath though. The SEC is a little over hyped this year that is for sure. The Big 10 has teams ranked #1, #2, #8, and #24 in the BCS.

And like I said before #24 Penn State has only lost to #1 OSU, #2 UM, #5 ND, and #8 Wisconsin. THAT is a pretty tough schedule.

A good gauge for this will be whoever plays in the Capital One and Outback Bowls. I would take the loser of the SEC Championship, UT (with a healthy Ainge), LSU, or Auburn over Wisconsin or Penn St. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a down year in the SEC.

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 01:03 PM
A good gauge for this will be whoever plays in the Capital One and Outback Bowls. I would take the loser of the SEC Championship, UT (with a healthy Ainge), LSU, or Auburn over Wisconsin or Penn St. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a down year in the SEC.
I never said it was a down year for the SEC. I just said that a lot of people are saying that the Big 10 is weak. All I suggest is that those who think so to gaze at the rankings... #1, #2, #8, & #24 isn't too shabby. I'll agree that there should be another team in the there to make it seem normal. But, when you have 3 teams ranked in the Top 10, it's hard to call that conference weak.

Especially when there is a very real chance of a Big 10 Vs. Big 10 national championship game.

Motion
11-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I never said it was a down year for the SEC. I just said that a lot of people are saying that the Big 10 is weak. All I suggest is that those who think so to gaze at the rankings... #1, #2, #8, & #24 isn't too shabby. I'll agree that there should be another team in the there to make it seem normal. But, when you have 3 teams ranked in the Top 10, it's hard to call that conference weak.

Especially when there is a very real chance of a Big 10 Vs. Big 10 national championship game.
I haven't seen anyone doubting the strength of the Big 10. Clearly one of the top 2 Conferences along with the SEC IMO. I'm sure there will be differing opinions. :D

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I haven't seen anyone doubting the strength of the Big 10. Clearly one of the top 2 Conferences along with the SEC IMO. I'm sure there will be differing opinions. :D
Oh I know, I wasn't agitated. I haven't heard much Big 10 bashing since the fall of the Big East. I agree that top to bottom the SEC MAY be the best conference, but if that is true, the Big 10 is not very far behind.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-21-2006, 01:18 PM
boo the Big 10 sucks!

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
boo the Big 10 sucks!

See #1 & #2 in the Polls.

Kev83
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok, I agree....the Big 10 and SEC are what college football is all about, IMO. Year after year, the most consistently strong conferences. Not doubting the strength, OSUDauby...congrats on an amazing team this yr.

Cuban Dave 9
11-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, Big Ten is top heavy this year. SEC has more depth though

PrepDogg
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Granted Georgia and even Auburn are having off years but the SEC still has the toughest schedule pound for pound.

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Granted Georgia and even Auburn are having off years but the SEC still has the toughest schedule pound for pound.

Georgia is MAYBE having an off year. They have averaged 3.2 loses a season since 1996. This year they have 4 loses. Auburn is playing pretty average to above average. Since the 1996 season, Auburn averages 3.9 loses a season. This year they have 2 so far, so....you do the estimations.

PrepDogg
11-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Georgia is MAYBE having an off year. Auburn is playing pretty average to above average. Since the 1996 season, Auburn averages 3.9 loses a season. This year they have 2 so far, so....you do the estimations.

Well an off year by the last 2-3 seasons standard where they were in the National Championship picture pretty late in the season usually until Gerogia lost to Florida at the cocktail party.

HysterikiLL
11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
It's all about the MAC baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! best conference in football!!!!!!!!!!!!!#$%^&*(**&^%$%^&8999999911111111111111 (football!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%^&*(**&^%$%^&8999999911111111111111) :dunce:

OSUDauby
11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Well an off year by the last 2-3 seasons standard where they were in the National Championship picture pretty late in the season usually until Gerogia lost to Florida at the cocktail party.

Oh, I agree that Auburn and Georgia are tough teams regardless of their records, but saying that they are having an off year because of losing 2 games is quite the statement. Most teams losing 2 games a season is a success, just when expectations are so high, we the fans want more!

FinSinceBirth
11-23-2006, 03:12 AM

Maybe that tells you just how good the SEC is. Instead of having a few top heavy teams that roll against the bottom feeders, any team can beat any other team in the SEC. That's why it's almost impossible to go undefeated in the conference. The talent and speed is also one of the best, especially on defense. Like Urban Meyer learned his first year, the SEC is too fast for the spread.

Martel
11-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes the SEC is completely over-rated on this board and in the south. The rest of the country however, knows that all of these people are delusional. I just spoke with them on the phone and they told me.

Amars
11-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe that tells you just how good the SEC is. Instead of having a few top heavy teams that roll against the bottom feeders, any team can beat any other team in the SEC. That's why it's almost impossible to go undefeated in the conference. The talent and speed is also one of the best, especially on defense. Like Urban Meyer learned his first year, the SEC is too fast for the spread.

Here my knock on the SEC thing. Yes I do believe they are the best conference from top to bottom. You just said any team can beat any other team in the SEC so pretty much the competition is pretty close. Well how can we as fan measure how good a SEC team is if the only "real competition" they face is themselves. Granted you have Ark and Tenn that played 2 very good teams. But I would like the SEC to play ND, Texas, Ohio State, Mich. instead of Buffalo, Western Carolina, Western Kentucky, Tulanne. Why dont they face tougher competition outside their conference? and dont tell me because they have the toughest conf that they dont have to. Nobody in conference plays anyone good. I believe if your have faith in your program you schedule tougher games then the ones I mentioned above.

AirFishOne
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Big 12 = best conference in the land

AirFishOne
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

MikeO
11-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Kirk Herbstriet the other day brought up this exact point on a radio show. He said if Florida gets passed over by another 1 loss team (USC, ND, Mich...etc)its because the SEC is overrated this year. And because Florida didn't play 1 tough team out of the conference.

So, whether you agree or disagree with the original post in this thread. It isn't the worst opinion to have and definitly worth debating.

Marino2Clayton
11-25-2006, 09:39 PM
The SEC was 3-0 vs the ACC today.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 09:52 PM
every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything

Let me get this straight....its easier to go undefeated in a tougher confrence? ??

brandon1986
11-26-2006, 01:16 AM
the sec is the toughest division

any team at anytime can beat eachother that is why the sec gets looked over in the bs polls

how many teams could beat
florida
lsu
arkansas
alabama
tennessee
georgia
auburn
south carolina
vanderbilt

and come out of that undefeated? florida almost did it they lost to auburn on a very controversial call, media people were ripping the replay officials

i mean osu and michigan had there scares and rebounded but if they were playing lsu or georgia would they have rebounded as easy?

DolphinDevil28
11-26-2006, 01:45 AM
the sec is the toughest division

any team at anytime can beat eachother that is why the sec gets looked over in the bs polls

how many teams could beat
florida
lsu
arkansas
alabama
tennessee
georgia
auburn
south carolina
vanderbilt

and come out of that undefeated? florida almost did it they lost to auburn on a very controversial call, media people were ripping the replay officials

i mean osu and michigan had there scares and rebounded but if they were playing lsu or georgia would they have rebounded as easy?

It's no use.

We've tried to knock some sense into these people.

Folks like Stacks on the West Coast think that California is the best at everything, no matter what the circumstance.

I'd LOVE to see USC play a constant SEC schedule. They wouldn't survive. They just wouldn't.

...and Oregon State does NOT play in the SEC.

Amars
11-26-2006, 02:13 AM
It's no use.

We've tried to knock some sense into these people.

Folks like Stacks on the West Coast think that California is the best at everything, no matter what the circumstance.

I'd LOVE to see USC play a constant SEC schedule. They wouldn't survive. They just wouldn't.

...and Oregon State does NOT play in the SEC.

Did you watch tonight game. Dominating performance offense, defense, and special teams. The entire team is made up of Sophomore and Juniors. The freshmans that are waiting in the wing are better players then the starters on the field. USC will run the table in SEC. Sorry you must be blind to think that UF, LSU and Auburn are better then USC now and/or in the future.

SECfootball
11-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Did you watch tonight game. Dominating performance offense, defense, and special teams. The entire team is made up of Sophomore and Juniors. The freshmans that are waiting in the wing are better players then the starters on the field. USC will run the table in SEC. Sorry you must be blind to think that UF, LSU and Auburn are better then USC now and/or in the future.

USC can't even run the table with Oregon State on the schedule

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-26-2006, 03:25 AM

yea, and people complain about florida playing close games. look at USC's mid-season wins. all by <10 pts to sub-par teams.

Alex44
11-26-2006, 03:29 AM
I dont get the way some people here are thinking

Why would they schedule hard out of conference games when their conference schedule is already so brutal?

Motion
11-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah they beat an overrated ND team, not impressed. They'll get blown out by OSU. They can't run the table in the weak Pac-10 what makes you think they could in a real conference like the SEC. Zero chance they would. And FYI they aren't the only school that knows how to recruit.

Amars
11-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Look what they do when they play the best team in football. If the SEC has all these good team USC will kill them.

Amars
11-26-2006, 11:12 AM
yea, and people complain about florida playing close games. look at USC's mid-season wins. all by <10 pts to sub-par teams.

When the most is on the line USC shows up and plays their best football.

Amars
11-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I dont get the way some people here are thinking

Why would they schedule hard out of conference games when their conference schedule is already so brutal?

How good is the SEC? Really only good team they play are themselves. I agree from top to bottom they are the best but they aint brutal to play. Other tennesse and arkansas who played cal and usc they really havent played anyone outside of their conference. You want to know why they should schedule hard out of conference games is because if your the best then you should prove it. You should win if you want to compete for a national championship. Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship. Also there is no guarantee when the they make the schedule 4yrs down the line that the SEC is going to be a good conference. That can easily change.

Amars
11-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah they beat an overrated ND team, not impressed. They'll get blown out by OSU. They can't run the table in the weak Pac-10 what makes you think they could in a real conference like the SEC. Zero chance they would. And FYI they aren't the only school that knows how to recruit.

Blown out. Bitter are we. They lost by 2pt at their house without Jarret. Did you see how important Jarret is to this offense. 3TD last night. I never said anything about recruiting but I believe Carrol is one of the top recruiters that why USC is going to compete for a NC every this decade.

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 02:05 PM
How good is the SEC? Really only good team they play are themselves. I agree from top to bottom they are the best but they aint brutal to play. Other tennesse and arkansas who played cal and usc they really havent played anyone outside of their conference. You want to know why they should schedule hard out of conference games is because if your the best then you should prove it. You should win if you want to compete for a national championship. Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship. Also there is no guarantee when the they make the schedule 4yrs down the line that the SEC is going to be a good conference. That can easily change.

So what do you have to say about 1-10 Stanford? Just because they are part of your weak confrence its ok to play them right? What does scheduling tough out of confrence games have to do with having the most elite confrence in college football? The fact is if USC was part of the SEC you would not be playing for the national championship.

I guess its okay to lose to a pathetic Oregon State team because you got to play an overated ND team late in the year?

IMO if you lose to an unranked team, it speaks volumes in itself.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Playing teams like buffalo and western carolina and tulane should automatically disqualify from playing the national championship.
:lol: ridiculous.

Amars
11-26-2006, 02:21 PM
So what do you have to say about 1-10 Stanford? Just because they are part of your weak confrence its ok to play them right? What does scheduling tough out of confrence games have to do with having the most elite confrence in college football? The fact is if USC was part of the SEC you would not be playing for the national championship.

I guess its okay to lose to a pathetic Oregon State team because you got to play an overated ND team late in the year?

IMO if you lose to an unranked team, it speaks volumes in itself.

Call it what you want but not only beating but pretty much destroying 2 top 10 teams and 2 more top 25 speaks more volume then a loss at oregon state by 2pts without their studs WR. The Voters seems to think so too. Just look what has happen when USC plays a SEC team. USC WINS. As for stanford, USC has to play them regardless if they are good or not so who cares.

Againt Ranked teams
USC 50 - Ark 14
USC 28 - Neb 10
USC 23 - 9 Cal
USC 44 - 24 ND

USC 142 - 57 for top 25 ranked team.

When their against the toughest opponent the beat them easily.

Amars
11-26-2006, 02:23 PM
:lol: ridiculous.

that was just a joke

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Call it what you want but not only beating but pretty much destroying 2 top 10 teams and 2 more top 25 speaks more volume then a loss at oregon state by 2pts without their studs WR. The Voters seems to think so too. Just look what has happen when USC plays a SEC team. USC WINS. As for stanford, USC has to play them regardless if they are good or not so who cares.

Againt Ranked teams
USC 50 - Ark 14
USC 28 - Neb 10
USC 23 - 9 Cal
USC 44 - 24 ND

USC 142 - 57 for top 25 ranked team.

When their against the toughest opponent the beat them easily.

Kind of sad when the best ranked team you played was Arkansas, a SEC team who is only going to be playing for SEC championship because they are in the easier side of the SEC.

The fact is there is nobody to challenge USC in your confrence. While year after year UF is fighting tooth and nail against tough SEC opponents. If the toughest team you play all year is Arkansas(even if you destroy them), and you lose to Oregon State, IMO it shows that USC is not as dominant as they would like to think they are.

Oh and as for the voters, we dont need to even get into that. The "voters" have made some BS decisions in years past, but Im sure you feel that Auburn didnt deserve a shot at the National Title either right?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-26-2006, 02:26 PM
that was just a joke
good. :wink:

Amars
11-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I would love to see USC go into the Swamp. I dont even know if they have ever been there.

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I would love to see USC go into the Swamp. I dont even know if they have ever been there.

Don't think your Booty QB would be looking forward to such a match up.

But I agree, I would love to see it as well.

Amars
11-26-2006, 02:52 PM
:lol:

Motion
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Blown out. Bitter are we. They lost by 2pt at their house without Jarret. Did you see how important Jarret is to this offense. 3TD last night. I never said anything about recruiting but I believe Carrol is one of the top recruiters that why USC is going to compete for a NC every this decade.
Not bitter at all, I'm looking forward to that game. And if your offense revolves around one player that much, doesn't say much for the team as a whole. You didn't say anything about recruiting yet you mentioned the whole team is mostly sophmores and juniors, same difference.

Whether you've earned it or not it looks like you'll get your title shot. Enjoy it. And seriously, give up the SEC bashing unless you enjoy looking foolish.

:wink:

SECfootball
11-26-2006, 04:11 PM

Who has Michigan played OOC? Ball State, Central Michigan, Vanderbilt

Arkansas played USC
Tennessee played Cal
Do you think Florida scheduled FSU KNOWING they would be weak this year?
LSU played 4 top 10 SEC teams, all on the road
Auburn played an awful schedule this year and even SEC fans will admit they were overrated this year.

When you play in a mediocre conference like the Pac 10, you have to play a tough out of conference schedule to boost your SOS. And it's not like USC scheduled Notre Dame because they wanted to play one of the best teams in the country; they've been playing since ND was weak.

Amars
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Not bitter at all, I'm looking forward to that game. And if your offense revolves around one player that much, doesn't say much for the team as a whole. You didn't say anything about recruiting yet you mentioned the whole team is mostly sophmores and juniors, same difference.

Whether you've earned it or not it looks like you'll get your title shot. Enjoy it. And seriously, give up the SEC bashing unless you enjoy looking foolish.

:wink:

I dont look foolish because my team more likely is going to be in the NC. And UF cant jump over USC or Michigan because they 1. they havent played well 2. They havent play anyone well outside of their conference. Either way they should consider themselves lucky because they would got blown out by OSU.

Crowder52
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I dont look foolish because my team more likely is going to be in the NC. And UF cant jump over USC or Michigan because they 1. they havent played well 2. They havent play anyone well outside of their conference. Either way they should consider themselves lucky because they would got blown out by OSU.

The SEC is certainly weaker at the end of the season then it was after week 3 or 4, when it had 5 of the top 10 ranked teams in the country. But it is still the toughest conference top to bottom in my opinion, and certainly no worse than #2.

I don't understand this talk about the SEC not playing tough out of conference. The teams simply can't if they want to have any chance whatsoever to play for a title. These games are scheduled a few years in advance also. Do you think UF knew FSU would suck this year?

By the way, Tennessee embarassed Cal, the clear #2 team in the Pac-10. So our #4 beat your #2, and your #1 beat our #3 (because I can already see the USC-Arkansas game coming up).

Amars
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
The SEC is certainly weaker at the end of the season then it was after week 3 or 4, when it had 5 of the top 10 ranked teams in the country. But it is still the toughest conference top to bottom in my opinion, and certainly no worse than #2.

I don't understand this talk about the SEC not playing tough out of conference. The teams simply can't if they want to have any chance whatsoever to play for a title. These games are scheduled a few years in advance also. Do you think UF knew FSU would suck this year?

By the way, Tennessee embarassed Cal, the clear #2 team in the Pac-10. So our #4 beat your #2, and your #1 beat our #3 (because I can already see the USC-Arkansas game coming up).

I dont buy much into preseason ranking. If you want to be in the NC you have to show in Nov not Sept. I think most will agree. I know UF play FSU every year just like USC vs. ND but i would like to see UF play a top tier team out of conference instead of western carolina or UCF. Those are historically bad teams. And also your are right you cant predict the future of teams and their play level so their is no guarantee that the SEC will always be the best conference 4yrs down the line when they are making the schedule. Even more of a reason to schedule historically good teams out conference. I think if UF would of played Mich, OSU, Texas, USC, Neb, ND, VT i think you get the hint and won I would agree that they should be #2.

Crowder52
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I dont buy much into preseason ranking. If you want to be in the NC you have to show in Nov not Sept. I think most will agree. I know UF play FSU every year just like USC vs. ND but i would like to see UF play a top tier team out of conference instead of western carolina or UCF. Those are historically bad teams. And also your are right you cant predict the future of teams and their play level so their is no guarantee that the SEC will always be the best conference 4yrs down the line when they are making the schedule. Even more of a reason to schedule historically good teams out conference. I think if UF would of played Mich, OSU, Texas, USC, Neb, ND, VT i think you get the hint and won I would agree that they should be #2.

I'm sorry, but you are out of your mind if you think UF has the capability to schedule yet another solid team and have any chance to compete. This year we had:

Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, FSU. All teams that have been in the top 10 in the last year.

What if FSU was solid this year? Do you understand that there is no way to tell who will be good years in advance? So some of the teams were weaker than expected this year, but if they were strong it would have been a ridiculous schedule. It was hard enough as it was.

And after all that, we play in the SEC championship game. We actually have a championship game in our conference, after all. FSU won the ACC last year...so you want UF to play the SEC champ, the ACC champ, and then schedule a team like Michigan, Texas or Ohio St?!?!? Why don't they just play the winner from each conference in the country while we are at it.

Sure UF played Western Carolina and UCF. Guess what? Everyone plays a few crappy teams. UF is no different than any other school in that regard.

And by the way, Miami comes back on UFs schedule in 2008. Notice that we scheduled them when they were still dominant. Who knows how good they will be when we play them.

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Soft
Easy
Conference

:lolcry:

DonShula84
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Soft
Easy
Conference

:lolcry:

:shakeno:

I'm so confused by the SEC bashing that takes place on this forum

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-26-2006, 10:21 PM
No more inappropriate racial comments!

lol, it was a joke.

Motion
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
lol, it was a joke, but honestly the only reason it's better is because it's a lot darker down south if you catch my drift.

We really don't need to bring that kinda crap into the discussion.

Motion
11-26-2006, 10:54 PM

:yeahthat:

Some people just need to feel better about themselves and their team. :D

finswin56
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
lol, it was a joke, but honestly the only reason it's better is because it's a lot darker down south if you catch my drift.
I hope you enjoy some well deserved time off from this site.

finswin56
11-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Such a weak conference with 5 teams in the top 16 of the BCS. That's nearly one out of every 3 top teams are in the SEC

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I hope you enjoy some well deserved time off from this site.

oh i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to benignly state the obvious. can we drop the phony racism game. there is nothing racist about saying black people are better at football. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying for the sake of being politically correct. you appear to be a gators fan from your signature, can you tell me how many white guys florida has starting on defense? for that matter on scholarship to play defense? to save your time, the answer is zero. if this is the case and african-americans make up the entire defense despite being a minority, then SEC recruiters and NFL GM's (not a single white RB or CB in the league) are the true racists.

anyway my point is that there are more good athletes in the south.

Amars
11-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Wow where is this thread going.

finswin56
11-27-2006, 01:21 AM
oh i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to benignly state the obvious. can we drop the phony racism game. there is nothing racist about saying black people are better at football. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying for the sake of being politically correct. you appear to be a gators fan from your signature, can you tell me how many white guys florida has starting on defense? for that matter on scholarship to play defense? to save your time, the answer is zero. if this is the case and african-americans make up the entire defense despite being a minority, then SEC recruiters and NFL GM's (not a single white RB or CB in the league) are the true racists.

anyway my point is that there are more good athletes in the south.Do the top basketball players come from the south?

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Do the top basketball players come from the south?

umm, i wasn't talking about basketball which is a largely skill and size oriented sport, whereas football (especially at defensive positions) is highly dependent on athletic ability (speed, agility, strength, etc).

finswin56
11-27-2006, 01:45 AM
umm, i wasn't talking about basketball which is a largely skill and size oriented sport, whereas football (especially at defensive positions) is highly dependent on athletic ability (speed, agility, strength, etc).:lol: at the idea that football relies more on athletic ability over basketball.

Anyway, this is far OT, and I've already spent too much time on a post that deserved no credible response.
</IMG>

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-27-2006, 04:49 PM
:lol: at the idea that football relies more on athletic ability over basketball.

Anyway, this is far OT, and I've already spent too much time on a post that deserved no credible response.
</IMG>

Ask Lee Humphrey about that.

Oboy
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM

anyway my point is that there are more good athletes in the south.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I highly doubt that the GMs or recuiters of major programs look at the skin color of the athlete they are recruiting. MAYBE back in the day... MAYBE still in a few programs (gosh I'd hope not), but there is no way you can make that kind of generalized assumption. :shakeno:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-27-2006, 05:19 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I highly doubt that the GMs or recuiters of major programs look at the skin color of the athlete they are recruiting. MAYBE back in the day... MAYBE still in a few programs (gosh I'd hope not), but there is no way you can make that kind of generalized assumption. :shakeno:
http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/Orlando_01.htm

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

yes...put the pieces together now...that assumption was partly what i was basing my argument on. of course recruiters aren't racists, they go by talent and potential. if this is the case, my argument that blacks (making up 100% of UF's defense despite being a 20% minority in the overall population) are better athletes for football is strongly supported.

FinSinceBirth
11-27-2006, 10:31 PM
yes...put the pieces together now...that assumption was partly what i was basing my argument on. of course recruiters aren't racists, they go by talent and potential. if this is the case, my argument that blacks (making up 100% of UF's defense despite being a 20% minority in the overall population) are better athletes for football is strongly supported.

And the majority of USC's defense is black as well. So it has nothing to do with the south "being darker" as you joked earlier.

Oboy
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I have no arguement that blacks for the most part are better athletes than whites. My whole comment was on the "racist" angle. That is what I do not buy.

Cuban Dave 9
11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
And the majority of USC's defense is black as well. So it has nothing to do with the south "being darker" as you joked earlier.
yes...If that was the case, there will be a lot of Cubans in the Canes team

Marino2Clayton
11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
You know Im a UT alum and season ticket holder and I would have to really sit down and mentally go through each player to get the black/white ratios for the team.

And Im sure that 99% of the people on here are the same way when it comes to their fav team.

But then there is always that sad 1%.

Timmy54
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
the only colors i notice are the ones on the uniform. as for playing, i play in an adult flag league and we are pretty mixed but i would have to really try to tell you our teams ratio!

Crowder52
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
the only colors i notice are the ones on the uniform. as for playing, i play in an adult flag league and we are pretty mixed but i would have to really try to tell you our teams ratio!

Wait, do you play in a real adult league or are you one of the adults who still play for UF intramurals years after they have left college?

DeathStar
11-28-2006, 02:16 PM
jesus ****ing christ...why the hell did you bring up race?

my god. you make me sick.

Motion
11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
jesus ****ing christ...why the hell did you bring up race?

my god. you make me sick.

Little late to the game, eh? :lol:

DeathStar
11-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Little late to the game, eh? :lol:
sorry about that. just want to check out the SEC thread, started reading from the top and saw his crappy post and immediately had to respond to that garbage without reading the other comments.

Marino2Clayton
12-02-2006, 07:05 PM
The week after this thread was made the SEC went 3-0 against the ACC and then today, the ACC was an absolute embarassment.

Reggie Ball for Heisman. :shakeno: