PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dragon to ship on 3 DVDs - Sequel already planned

ChrisKo
11-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Just thought I'd throw this out there, since this game will be shipped 3 DVDs and that is with compression! Maybe using HD-DVD for games wouldn't be such a bad idea now. Glad to see a major RPG coming to the 360 though and glad to see that we'll get more of it in the sequel. Wonder if the sequel will be greater than 3 DVDs?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747023p1.html

Phin-o-rama
11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
i am anticipating this game mucho....as long as you don't have to keep switching the discs and they flow through linearly (is that a word?), then i won't have a problem....if you have to switch back and forth, or like...have to start the game with disk 1, then insert disk 3 to start your saved game or something like that, then i will be very disapointed.

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Man, I remember how disc swapping totally ruined Shenmue for me on the Dreamcast! Oh... Wait, no it didn't! Great game. I'm sure most Japanese RPG players are used to doing it.

I wonder how much of the game will be high-def cutscenes though? To fill up that much space? Oh well, not my type of game anyway.

As for a HD-DVD drive in the 360? No thanks. The 2x loading speed would be a killer compared to the 12x you get with the DVD drive. I'll swap a disc or two and save the loading times.

Phin-o-rama
11-22-2006, 04:25 PM
and save the 200 dollars....even though i just picked up the hd-dvd addon for 159.99

LOL (im a tech geek and love gadgets :( )

Dol-Fan Dupree
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Man, I remember how disc swapping totally ruined Shenmue for me on the Dreamcast! Oh... Wait, no it didn't! Great game. I'm sure most Japanese RPG players are used to doing it.

I wonder how much of the game will be high-def cutscenes though? To fill up that much space? Oh well, not my type of game anyway.

As for a HD-DVD drive in the 360? No thanks. The 2x loading speed would be a killer compared to the 12x you get with the DVD drive. I'll swap a disc or two and save the loading times.

did for me. Eff Shenmue and switching discs.

Majpain
11-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Game doesnt look that good IMO.

Phin-o-rama
11-22-2006, 04:38 PM
game is probably 50 hours +

all they have to do to make this work is:

1- make it so any of the 3 dvd's can launch the game, not just disk 1

2- split the game into 20 or so hour increments....(or w/e) you play through for a long *** time, move on to disk 2...and that becomes the game disk, etc etc. to disk 3.

like i said if i have to switch constantly back and forth i will be upset....

finsrule84
11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
at least this means more actual content and not fluff like other games *cough*resistance*cough*

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-22-2006, 05:43 PM
and save the 200 dollars....even though i just picked up the hd-dvd addon for 159.99

LOL (im a tech geek and love gadgets :( )

Don't feel bad, I got the HD-DVD player at $199, even though I KNEW I should wait a bit. I just had to see some SERENITY in HD. :D

Actually, the wife really wanted it, and King Kong looks fantastic, just skip ahead to the T-rex battle and go from there.

Phin-o-rama
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
i pretty much scammed circuit city...printed out a 40 dollar off 199 coupon from the internetz and it was supposed to only work in some other state lol...i got lucky and got a good cashier.

finsrule84
11-22-2006, 06:06 PM
game is probably 50 hours +

all they have to do to make this work is:

1- make it so any of the 3 dvd's can launch the game, not just disk 1

2- split the game into 20 or so hour increments....(or w/e) you play through for a long *** time, move on to disk 2...and that becomes the game disk, etc etc. to disk 3.

like i said if i have to switch constantly back and forth i will be upset....

it will probably be that way, remember these guys also made the PS1 final fantasies