PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Help

spydertl79
11-22-2006, 03:16 PM
First of all I want to apologize for dumping my personal problems on everyone here. But here's the scenario:
I've been dating my girlfriend for about 15 months and she is great, I love everything about her. Unfortunately, my family lives in Michigan and I go home to see them over holiday breaks. Whenever I leave we fight over the phone constantly, I don't know if it's because I act differently or she acts differently or something else. When I'm here we're great together. Has anyone else had experience with a long distance relationship? I could really use some advice here, I don't want to fight with her.

UltraDol-Fan
11-22-2006, 03:19 PM
that happens a lot, my wife used to act differently and treat me differently when she was around her parents, I called her on it and we worked through.

NJFINSFAN1
11-22-2006, 03:26 PM
First of all I want to apologize for dumping my personal problems on everyone here. But here's the scenario:
I've been dating my girlfriend for about 15 months and she is great, I love everything about her. Unfortunately, my family lives in Michigan and I go home to see them over holiday breaks. Whenever I leave we fight over the phone constantly, I don't know if it's because I act differently or she acts differently or something else. When I'm here we're great together. Has anyone else had experience with a long distance relationship? I could really use some advice here, I don't want to fight with her.

Bring her with you!:wink:

spydertl79
11-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Bring her with you!:wink:
Can't, she's 17 and still lives with her parents. They want her to be home for the holidays.

NJFINSFAN1
11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
When you talk to her, just keep telling her how you miss her and you can't wait to see her again.

NewEra8
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
My phone use to go dead all the time :wink: Piece of crap

(She actually ended up buying me a new phone for my birthday lol)

Quelonio
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM

In my case it used to happen because I became more apprehensive, and needed a bit more of her presence to know if everything actually was ok with her (with her living in Mexico City, if she did not call at the exact minute we had agreed upon I would always feel that something had definetely happened). Also normally it happened that if I had left she would take advantage of that time to hang out with her friends more often, which ment more partying which ment I got a tad more jealous, so I was more ready to attack whenever she and I could actually talk, and she got more defensive when we where on the phone because she knew that was a potential fight.

This last thing is actually way important, if you have a history of fighting with someone all the time when something happens, you both approach that particular incident with fear that a fight will start again, and then you kind of inadvertedly walk into taht fight because you kind of feel you have to.

So my advise is that if the fights are because you are being aprehensive, then chill and let it happen, she will be surprised by it, and then be calmer on the next phone call, if the fights are because she is being aprehensive, then try to make a special romantic call to surprise her and make her feel like all you are doing while away is thinking of her.

(or at least send a phone message)

Amars
11-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Well with my experience you are probably 18-20 yrs old and that for me is to young to have a girlfriend and to deal with issue like this.

SpurzN703
11-22-2006, 04:31 PM
So she lives near you in FL or she's in MI? I'm confused

FinsNCanes
11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
She's 17..wait till she turns 18.

That's when things get out of control (personal experience few years back).

Perfect23
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
She's 17..wait till she turns 18.

That's when things get out of control (personal experience few years back).

not good then

Prophet
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Drop her. There are plenty of women in the sea and if the fights are already occurring it's not worth it. Move on.