PDA

View Full Version : Barry Alvarez to Canes?

MikeO
11-23-2006, 07:40 AM
It has been reported a few places up here (up north) that Paul Dee is going to step down as AD and move into another big office job in the academics side down at the University of Mami.

Then the Canes will offer BARRY ALVAREZ the AD and Head Football Coaches job. Give him a duel job.

Any truth to these reports? Up here it's being talked about like its almost a done deal but that doesn't mean anything.

305TillIDie
11-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I haven't heard anything about Barry down here, but I did hear that President Donna Shaalalalalalalalalala might cut Paul Dee from the AD

this would be a great hire for Miami if Barry was here

saves
11-23-2006, 12:34 PM
From what I know about Barry and his situation, I think you'd be hard pressed to get him to leave his comfortable retirement job and lure him to MIAMI.

MikeO
11-23-2006, 01:09 PM
From what I know about Barry and his situation, I think you'd be hard pressed to get him to leave his comfortable retirement job and lure him to MIAMI.

If he gets the AD/Coaching job. He could coach for a couple years, then just only do the AD job (like he has now in Wisconsin).

I mean where would rather have your retirment AD job.......in Wisconsin or Sunny South Florida!! EXACTLY!!

Perfect23
11-23-2006, 01:17 PM
How good of a recruiter is Alvarez

Kdawg954
11-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I thought if this was gonna happen, it would be that Barry comes in as head coach and then Dee leaves and then he takes over as AD. But I eventually feel he will be the AD of Miami . . .coach is another thing for the simple fact that I don't think he coaches more than a few years . . . UM needs a guy who can give more than 5 years as the HC.

305TillIDie
11-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I thought if this was gonna happen, it would be that Barry comes in as head coach and then Dee leaves and then he takes over as AD. But I eventually feel he will be the AD of Miami . . .coach is another thing for the simple fact that I don't think he coaches more than a few years . . . UM needs a guy who can give more than 5 years as the HC.yeah...I think if Barry comes in, he would be the AD and Miami would find a coach..i dont think Miami will let him do both

i dont want him to coach..just AD for us :lol:

Perfect23
11-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I would like spurrier if he was fired

DonShula84
11-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I would like spurrier if he was fired

Once again he doesnt have to be fired from his current job to be hired at Miami.

Kdawg954
11-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Once again he doesnt have to be fired from his current job to be hired at Miami.

lol

305TillIDie
11-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Once again he doesnt have to be fired from his current job to be hired at Miami.didnt you tell him that..twice? :sidelol:

FLOUNDER
11-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Why does that name sound firmilar? who did he coach for? alverez?

305TillIDie
11-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Why does that name sound firmilar? who did he coach for? alverez?Head Coach and AD from the Wisconsin Badgers

saves
11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
If he gets the AD/Coaching job. He could coach for a couple years, then just only do the AD job (like he has now in Wisconsin).

I mean where would rather have your retirment AD job.......in Wisconsin or Sunny South Florida!! EXACTLY!!

He already has his retirement job, at a school he has giving his life too and who adores him. Why would he give up comfort and stability? He has nothing to gain.

Just because its warm in Florida? That's your argument here? Nice.

Roman529
11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
He has no pressure as the Wisconsin AD and is well paid...I don't see him giving that up.

MikeO
11-23-2006, 10:55 PM
He already has his retirement job, at a school he has giving his life too and who adores him. Why would he give up comfort and stability? He has nothing to gain.

Just because its warm in Florida? That's your argument here? Nice.

1) No state income tax in Florida

2) Warm Weather

3) Better football tradition

DonShula84
11-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Didnt he quit coaching for health reasons or am I thinking of the wrong coach?

DeathStar
11-24-2006, 01:25 AM

:sidelol:

saves
11-24-2006, 03:53 AM
1) No state income tax in Florida

2) Warm Weather

3) Better football tradition

Really? You feel that these three things are enough for him to pack up his life and leave his family, friends, and financial security at an institution that adores him, and one that he ALREADY FINISHED HIS CAREER WITH? If you honestly believe this....well you obviously do and I can't discuss things with people who lack logic.

Rixon
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
can annyone say DON STROCK UM Head Coach for next season?