PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live UCF connection question

UCFinfan86
11-23-2006, 08:39 PM
I live on campus at UCF and i am wondering if any fellow UCF students or any college students might know if Xbox Live will work? My roommate has a friend who goes to UNF and he said their school's internet blocks the connection, so i am not sure and its a big deal to me, b/c im not going to get GoW if i can't get Live, and with tomorrow being blackfriday im hoping to find a deal

StormSurge
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I did a quick Google for you & didn't find anything specific.

However, I did find a gaming blog from UCF. Maybe you can contact these guys.

http://games.ucf.edu/shift/blog/

Good luck!

UCFinfan86
11-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I did a quick Google for you & didn't find anything specific.

However, I did find a gaming blog from UCF. Maybe you can contact these guys.

http://games.ucf.edu/shift/blog/

Good luck!

Thanks for trying, but i didn't find anything on that website, on campus there is a game center were you can play video games for a fee, maybe ill go there and ask them if they know.

xDOLPHINSx
11-24-2006, 06:47 AM
I go to UMN and they had a similar deal. I had to set my computer up a certain way to use the university's internet. Inorder to play on xbl i had to type my computers mac address into the mac address for my xbox.

Im not real computer smart, but this was actually pretty easy to do.

UCFinfan86
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
I go to UMN and they had a similar deal. I had to set my computer up a certain way to use the university's internet. Inorder to play on xbl i had to type my computers mac address into the mac address for my xbox.

Im not real computer smart, but this was actually pretty easy to do.

hmm, i had the similar problem connecting to the internet, hopefully it is that easy. I guess if i find GoW for a cheap enough price ill get it

erb0817
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Making your Xbox's MAC address the same as your computers makes it impossible to use both at the same time. Instead you can register both your computer's and Xbox's MAC addresses on the resnet server where you registered your computer. i came to this site looking for a way to open up the NAT. Anyone have any ideas?