PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Xbox 360 . . .

Phinsome
11-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Now what should I get (besides an hdtv)? I got Battlefield 2 and Madden. What are the top 5 other awesome games?

How is the Lord of the Rings game?
Fight night?
Other good Fantasy or 1st person games that are awesome?

:confused:

illscriptures
11-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Oblivion and Gears of War are must have games...

...buy an intercooler for the life of your system.

UCFinfan86
11-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Now what should I get (besides an hdtv)? I got Battlefield 2 and Madden. What are the top 5 other awesome games?

Fight night?

NBA 2k7, Gears of War, Call of Duty 3

BTW how do you like battefield so far?

UCFinfan86
11-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Oblivion and Gears of War are must have games...

...buy an intercooler for the life of your system.

an intercooler is a necessity?

finfan01
11-23-2006, 11:59 PM
an intercooler is a necessity?

If you dont want your system to die...yes...it is a necessity

mor911
11-24-2006, 12:04 AM
i don't have an intercooler. Had my 360 forever.

Majpain
11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Gears
Oblivion

StormSurge
11-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I thought about getting one until I heard about them burning 360's.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nyko/intercoolers-cruel-irony-214213.php

Nyko did say they will replace any 360's damaged:

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=86249

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Just don't stick the 360 in a small enclosed shelf, and it will be fine. We put ours on top of the entertainment center, so it gets plenty of air flow.

Remember, without any cords on the wireless controllers, it can sit over your TV (depending on how your entertainment center is set up) and you don't get a blocked view.

TheMageGandalf
11-24-2006, 02:01 AM

Fight night?

Gears of War, Oblivion, Hitman, F.E.A.R, Saints Row, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Ghost Recon...Marvel Ultimate Alliance is cool...Dead Rising was fun and so was Lego Star Wars...Far Cry wasn't bad either.

The LOTR game dude...get it for PC if you can. The 360 version...meh IMHO.

Fight Night, although good, I'd wait for the next version on 360.

This version of it has been out awhile so they should come with a newer one early next year and whatnot.

TheMageGandalf
11-24-2006, 02:08 AM
I thought about getting one until I heard about them burning 360's.

I've had one since I bought the system in March and its been fine, granted the first one was DOA, but I just returned it and got a new one and its been great.

The system is only slightly louder, BUT the system does run cooler.

It does what it says it will.

HOWEVER, that being said...IF the second one I got would'nt of worked, I would've just ran my system the way I bought it.

SO, its a judgement call.

You dont NEED it OR ELSE...But if you can get it, and it works, you will not regret it and your 360 will thank you for it if it could talk.

FinsNCanes
11-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Fight Night is awesome. I played it on the regular xbox and had a blast playing against my friends. You get to talk so much ****.

Agent51
11-24-2006, 02:21 PM

Fight night?

My PERSONAL "top 5" for the 360 would be (In no particular order):

Fight Night Round 3
Dead Rising
Ghost Recon
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Test Drive Unlimited

This is just based on the games I have played, I'm assuming Gears of War would replace one of those games if I had played it, but I've yet to do so therefore I can't fairly evaluate it. Also, the new Tony Hawk game is pretty fun, Tony Hawk's Project 8

*EDIT* Crap, I forgot about Rainbow Six: Vegas, that game is awesome. Most of the games have demos on XBL Marketplace, so just take every game people have suggested in this thread and DL the demo, then decide from there instead of just taking out word for it, everyone has different tastes :up:

NuttyFin
11-24-2006, 05:53 PM
My top 5 games are:

1. GOW
2. PREY
3. COD2
4. Madden 07
5. Chromehounds (for the online play)

You should also grab the quick charge kit if you have not already.

UCFinfan86
11-24-2006, 06:02 PM
My top 5 games are:

1. GOW
2. PREY
3. COD2
4. Madden 07
5. Chromehounds (for the online play)

You should also grab the quick charge kit if you have not already.

Whats the difference between a Play and Charge kit and the quick charge kit

NuttyFin
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Whats the difference between a Play and Charge kit and the quick charge kit

The quick charge kit is $29.99. It plugs into the wall and charges 1 battery in 2 hours and 2 batterys in four hours.

The play and charge kit is $19.99. It plugs into the 360 and doesn't charge as fast as the quick charge kit.

The quick charge kit is worth the $.

Agent51
11-25-2006, 02:24 PM
The quick charge kit is $29.99. It plugs into the wall and charges 1 battery in 2 hours and 2 batterys in four hours.

The play and charge kit is $19.99. It plugs into the 360 and doesn't charge as fast as the quick charge kit.

The quick charge kit is worth the $.

For $30 you can buy the Kodak 1 hour battery charger and it charges up to 4 double As in one hour. I have it for my digital cameras but it has come in handy with the 360 controllers too. Makes WAY more sense to pay $30 to charge 4 batteries in an hour than $30 to charge 2 batteries (or 1 360 "battery pack") in 2 hrs or 4 batteries (or 2 "battery packs") in 4 hours because you can also use it to charge the AAs for anything else, like digital cameras, TV remotes, etc etc. Plus withthe Kodak one you can switch between charging Ni-MH or Ni-CD batteries, and you can also charge triple As with it. The only "hassle" with it when using it to recharge the 360 packs are that you have to remove the batteries from the little pack instead of just clipping the pack into the base liek with the official 360 charger, but it takes all of 3 seconds to do, lol. The Kodak one comes with 4 batteries too :up:

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-K6000C+4-Rechargeable-Digital-Batteries/dp/B0001LSDWU

TheMageGandalf
11-25-2006, 04:39 PM
My PERSONAL "top 5" for the 360 would be (In no particular order):

Fight Night Round 3
Dead Rising
Ghost Recon
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Test Drive Unlimited

Was able to get Condemned really cheap at BB yesterday.

Haven't played it yet but I hope its as good as you say it is because it does look really good.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Was able to get Condemned really cheap at BB yesterday.

Haven't played it yet but I hope its as good as you say it is because it does look really good.

Not trying to douse anyone's fire but I was deeply disappointed in Condemned.

TheMageGandalf
11-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Not trying to douse anyone's fire but I was deeply disappointed in Condemned.

My brother said the samething.

He said it was boring and slow.

Thats why I have waited for a deal to get it.

I'll reserve final judgement until I get a crack at it.

StormSurge
11-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I enjoyed Condemned. Not great, but it was worth the rental. It scared the **** out of me a few times.