PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, MM sucks!!!!!

feelthepain
11-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Well I thought since I havn't seen any lately I'd start a thread blaming MM for all our problems. How in the world can we win with this clown?? What a joke the guy is, right??? Well guess what folks, every week Joey does something he never did in Detroit and this team is winning. Joey is having a nice stretch of games, the playcalling is working for Joey and our D is nothing short of scary. Funny how when the smae players were looking at 1-6 are now 4-0. Is it the playcalling?? Is it luck?? Do other teams feel sorry for us and let us win?? Or is it maybe we are playing as a team, If someone makes a mistake (Joey throwing a pick to end the half) we get through it and make the next play. Remember it's always about the next play, not the last play.

We are now a team and the players are the ones that deserve the bulk of credit for the 4 game winning streak, just like they were responsible for the bulk of the blame when we were losing, NOT MM!! The players are the ones making the plays. Coaches simply call a play, it's up to the players to make the play successful....or not!!! My point to this thread, I don't see any whining about MM's playcalling, now that we are winning, imagine that.

I hope fans here understand how much more important the execution of the play is and not the play being called. Sure there are times when the wrong call can hurt your momentum, but it's far, far, far more important to execute the play properly then the play being called in any game. Every QB has strengths and weaknesses, it's an adjustment whenever you change the situation, like Daunte going down and Joey steppeing in. There has been way to much MM bashing on this site, MM hasn't made any major adjustments, the players have. I'll guarantee it.

bert
11-24-2006, 09:51 AM
in the buy week.saben cut all the things they werent doing well.and told everyone -cords to focus on what they did well.they dummed down some,and played to players strengths.joey throws a good ball over the middle -posts-curls.they threw it more there yesterday.most of joeys picks come throwing to the outside.where mm likes to throw,and people play outside postion.throw to the middle ,or crossing routes more.i've been saying this for a while.

zonk4ever
11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Mularkey still sucks. No deep passing game. Joey would get tremendous respect if he could complete one deep throw over 30 yards which hasn't happened. However, now is when the rubber meets the road... these last 5 games. Jax, NE, Bills, Jets, Colts. We could easily go 5-11. 10-6? As much as I can't stand Mularkey's playcalling, if we go 3-2 (finish 8-8), I*'d give him a buy next year. I think that's generous.

G-Force
11-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Still praising GOD SABAN? If the jackass hadn't of switched our entire secondary, o-line and coaching staff off a team that won it's last 7 last year maybe we would be in better position to control our playoff destiny's. So you guys that blame the players and coaches other than the one that makes all the decisions need a wake up call IMO.

malzj
11-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I know there's a big difference between Pat Riley and Nick Saban but Riley reconginized two years ago that his team wasn't good enough to win in the finals so he revamped. Our winning streak was against alot of bad teams last year and it's possible that Saban recognized that, that team wasn't good enough either. I think we're a better team than last year, across the board.

Joey played the best game of his career yesterday, congrats.

DolfinsNFL
11-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Why did Mularkey call a running back option with 7 minutes left play in the game to Sammy Morris? Did anyone notice that? Good thing Morris ate the ball instead of throwing it. Other than that, MM called a great game and i will give him credit for that.

adamprez2003
11-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I think Mularkey has adjusted his game to play towards the talent on the team. I think it took him about the same amount of time to do that Linehan did last year (half the season). We are playing more to our strengths now with the play calling and less to our weaknesses. Earlier in the season we were playing towards our weaknesses. Other than the halfback option play, Mularkey really called a fundamentally sound game yesterday for a full 60 minutes. You could not say that for just about any of our first 8 games. Our offense is what it is, a good run game complimented by a good short passing game. These are our strengths. Perhaps we'll be able to improve in the intermediate passing game or long game but that's contingent on Harrington being more accurate, the oline being able to sustain blocks for an extra second or two and the receivers becoming able to get more seperation with more consistency, all of them big ifs

chicoboy17988
11-24-2006, 11:39 AM
he did call a dumb halfback option which sammy morris could have thrown an interception and bring detroit right back in it...thank god sammy just ran the ball...we were winning at that time and not by much...that reminds me of the kansas city game where we did the reverse and turned the ball over and brought KC right back in it.. this guy is a joke..i dont care if we went 10-6.. FIRE HIM!!!

Canadianfishfan
11-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Well I thought since I havn't seen any lately I'd start a thread blaming MM for all our problems. How in the world can we win with this clown?? What a joke the guy is, right??? Well guess what folks, every week Joey does something he never did in Detroit and this team is winning. Joey is having a nice stretch of games, the playcalling is working for Joey and our D is nothing short of scary. Funny how when the smae players were looking at 1-6 are now 4-0. Is it the playcalling?? Is it luck?? Do other teams feel sorry for us and let us win?? Or is it maybe we are playing as a team, If someone makes a mistake (Joey throwing a pick to end the half) we get through it and make the next play. Remember it's always about the next play, not the last play.

We are now a team and the players are the ones that deserve the bulk of credit for the 4 game winning streak, just like they were responsible for the bulk of the blame when we were losing, NOT MM!! The players are the ones making the plays. Coaches simply call a play, it's up to the players to make the play successful....or not!!! My point to this thread, I don't see any whining about MM's playcalling, now that we are winning, imagine that.

I hope fans here understand how much more important the execution of the play is and not the play being called. Sure there are times when the wrong call can hurt your momentum, but it's far, far, far more important to execute the play properly then the play being called in any game. Every QB has strengths and weaknesses, it's an adjustment whenever you change the situation, like Daunte going down and Joey steppeing in. There has been way to much MM bashing on this site, MM hasn't made any major adjustments, the players have. I'll guarantee it.

Thank you... someone who understands the entire team concept. People are far too quick to find blame with anything or anyone for losses. The biggest reason for losing.. NOT MAKING PLAYS!.. That old cliche.. if it works you're brilliant, if not.. you're the goat.

Canadianfishfan
11-24-2006, 11:43 AM
he did call a dumb halfback option which sammy morris could have thrown an interception and bring detroit right back in it...thank god sammy just ran the ball...we were winning at that time and not by much...that reminds me of the kansas city game where we did the reverse and turned the ball over and brought KC right back in it.. this guy is a joke..i dont care if we went 10-6.. FIRE HIM!!!

yea and when SD runs it with LT.. everyone thinks they are geniuses... Give me a break. At least Sammy made the right decision. Detroit was never 'in it' at that point.

p-double
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
G-force is right about the secondary and o-line he did gut it for no reason but they are playing alright now, but we need another receiver, we drop too many passes

PhinsPhan
11-24-2006, 12:39 PM
he's still awful. The reason for this teams winning streak has been their defense. Nothing to do with our offense, which up until the Detriot game had not been able to put up more than 17 points by themselves.

Pocoloco
11-24-2006, 12:50 PM
well, did you see that halfback option yesterday? I think it was Morris who rolled to his right and looked downfield. He thought better of it and tucked it away for no gain. We got a field goal on that series I believe.

If he had thrown that, it would've been an interception. Another trick play that could've been a disaster.

csabe
11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
he's still awful. The reason for this teams winning streak has been their defense. Nothing to do with our offense, which up until the Detriot game had not been able to put up more than 17 points by themselves.

Exactly. Detroit's defense is just plain bad. Lets see us the next 2 weeks offensively will make or break our season.

adamprez2003
11-24-2006, 01:10 PM

I still dont like the guy either but he has gotten better. Considering how bad he was earlier in the season that's not saying much though:lol:

NJFINSFAN1
11-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I think Mularkey has adjusted his game to play towards the talent on the team. I think it took him about the same amount of time to do that Linehan did last year (half the season). We are playing more to our strengths now with the play calling and less to our weaknesses. Earlier in the season we were playing towards our weaknesses. Other than the halfback option play, Mularkey really called a fundamentally sound game yesterday for a full 60 minutes. You could not say that for just about any of our first 8 games. Our offense is what it is, a good run game complimented by a good short passing game. These are our strengths. Perhaps we'll be able to improve in the intermediate passing game or long game but that's contingent on Harrington being more accurate, the oline being able to sustain blocks for an extra second or two and the receivers becoming able to get more seperation with more consistency, all of them big ifs

I think its more like this.

Saban walks into Mularkeys office at the start of the bye week. He says, this is what I want you to do, if you don't you may soon meet your other fellow OC's that have all just been fired. You have two weeks to do, then he said the clock is ticking, have a nice day and walked out.:wink:

tcdrover
11-24-2006, 02:26 PM
That was the best game he's called so far.

As for the half back option, he called the play but it still IS up to the players to go to another option depending on the defense. They have to be smart enough to deal with that, Sammy did a great job yesterday with one small exception...

Next weeks game will be HUGE.

J Tes
11-24-2006, 04:51 PM
G-force is right about the secondary and o-line he did gut it for no reason but they are playing alright now, but we need another receiver, we drop too many passesPlease explain to me how he gutted those postions, please? If you mean bringing back the entire o-line as be gutted, then yeah I guess he gutted it. They tried people at different positions, thats it. How is he right about the secondary? Madison was let go due to high salary and decreasing play. Prior to Madison's hamstring injury he wasnt exactly setting the world on fire for the Giants. Oh and he let Schulters go. Oh no, you do realize that he's not on a NFL roster right now. And the o-line? Lets see, what has changed? Its still basically the same. They tried to upgrade at left tackle with LJ Shelton. That didn't work. You cant honestly tell me you would have been happy if they had done nothing to try and upgrade that position. Its still the biggest weakness on this team even with your boy Mcintosh back over there. I think the biggest reason this team started off this season so poorly was Culpepper. He was no where's near 100%. He was basically taking snaps from center and waiting to get sacked. He had absolutley no mobility at all.

tay0365
11-24-2006, 05:00 PM
G-force is right about the secondary and o-line he did gut it for no reason but they are playing alright now, but we need another receiver, we drop too many passes

By doing that, we now have a younger Secondary that will now end up being better then last years version, and as for the O-line, we still need to get better on the O-line, unfortunately by changing around a few of the positions, we took a step backwards, but right now we do look on pace to be better then last year (We do still need to get younger and better at L-tackle). I think at center we will be alright (I do love Hadnot's emotion and nastiness at that position), but getting another center to groom just in case Hadnot does not pan out, would not be a bad idea.

finfan54
11-24-2006, 05:04 PM
By doing that, we now have a younger Secondary that will now end up being better then last years version, and as for the O-line, we still need to get better on the O-line, unfortunately by changing around a few of the positions, we took a step backwards, but right now we do look a pace to be better then last year (We do still need to get younger and better at L-tackle). I think at center we will be alright (I do love Hadnot's emotion and nastiness at that position), but getting another center to groom just in case Hadnot does not pan out, would not be a bad idea.

Our defense is primed for years to come minus a LB or two in the drafts. Saban is here for the long term. Next year we will not have this problem. Saban set out to redo the QB position, OL, and DB's in a very significant way. Next is getting a LT and a G and a LB and possibly another Safety. (Landry in first round?)

tay0365
11-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Our defense is primed for years to come minus a LB or two in the drafts. Saban is here for the long term. Next year we will not have this problem. Saban set out to redo the QB position, OL, and DB's in a very significant way. Next is getting a LT and a G and a LB and possibly another Safety. (Landry in first round?)

For those of us that are actually seeing what is going on, it is a very exciting time.

I still think highly of our chances this year, so I do not know if we will get a chance for Landry (Change that, I HOPE we are picking so high, that we might not get a chance).:lol:

DolfinsNFL
11-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Mularkey has been better as of late but you have to admit that MM calls a bonehead play at least once in every game this year. Linehan didn't call too many last year.

thecoordinator
11-25-2006, 07:00 AM
mularkey sucks. he's the reason we arent scoring 30+ every week. yes, this offense has that ability. we are winning with defense and harrington for the most part making good decisions.

G-Force
11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Please explain to me how he gutted those postions, please? If you mean bringing back the entire o-line as be gutted, then yeah I guess he gutted it. They tried people at different positions, thats it. How is he right about the secondary? Madison was let go due to high salary and decreasing play. Prior to Madison's hamstring injury he wasnt exactly setting the world on fire for the Giants. Oh and he let Schulters go. Oh no, you do realize that he's not on a NFL roster right now. And the o-line? Lets see, what has changed? Its still basically the same. They tried to upgrade at left tackle with LJ Shelton. That didn't work. You cant honestly tell me you would have been happy if they had done nothing to try and upgrade that position. Its still the biggest weakness on this team even with your boy Mcintosh back over there. I think the biggest reason this team started off this season so poorly was Culpepper. He was no where's near 100%. He was basically taking snaps from center and waiting to get sacked. He had absolutley no mobility at all.Do you realize that Lance was 3rd on our team with 75 tackles, led our team in picks, and also threw in 4 forced fumbles and 4 sacks? Get your facts straight on the o-line as well. There is only 2 that we still start off last years o-line that allowed 2 RB's to rush for 4.5 yards per carry and gave up the second fewest sacks in the league and they got position changes. Their was also no returning starters in the secondary because of TD's injury and a bust boy or table waiter could have contributed what Sabans 16th overall pick has. Now the little pricks name is being thrown out to go back to college.:lol: What will you Saban worshippers do then.:boohoo:

Tigers2003
11-25-2006, 09:47 AM

Saban walks into Mularkeys office at the start of the bye week. He says, this is what I want you to do, if you don't you may soon meet your other fellow OC's that have all just been fired. You have two weeks to do, then he said the clock is ticking, have a nice day and walked out.:wink:

I can buy into that. Basically Saban using common sense and saying to Mularkey- game plan to our strengths and Joey's strengths or you are through PERIOD! And basically stop being too slick and cute with the bag of trix. sillly MULARKEEEE!

adamprez2003
11-25-2006, 09:50 AM

:lol:

G-Force
11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Its more like this. Saban walks into MM's and DC's offices and says :boohoo: I'm not happy in the NFL:boohoo: I think I may go back to college because I'm so stupid I ruin our secondary and o-line that was playing great the year before and I can't understand why I waisted another year for the the Phins fans.:boohoo: So you two take over and maybe one of you can replace me.:boohoo:

muscle979
11-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Do you realize that Lance was 3rd on our team with 75 tackles, led our team in picks, and also threw in 4 forced fumbles and 4 sacks? Get your facts straight on the o-line as well. There is only 2 that we still start off last years o-line that allowed 2 RB's to rush for 4.5 yards per carry and gave up the second fewest sacks in the league and they got position changes. Their was also no returning starters in the secondary because of TD's injury and a bust boy or table waiter could have contributed what Sabans 16th overall pick has. Now the little pricks name is being thrown out to go back to college.:lol: What will you Saban worshippers do then.:boohoo:

Do you realize that Lance was out of work for half the season as a free agent? Why do you think that is? You know that injuries came into play on the line right? Given your intense hatred for Saban I doubt you let facts get in the way. The secondary is as good and probably better than last season. Saban's big mistake was picking Culpepper but he's put in Joey now and he's getting it done and they're winning.

What will you Saban haters do when he keeps winning? I'm sure you'll just make up some more reasons why he sucks so much.

muscle979
11-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Its more like this. Saban walks into MM's and DC's offices and says :boohoo: I'm not happy in the NFL:boohoo: I think I may go back to college because I'm so stupid I ruin our secondary and o-line that was playing great the year before and I can't understand why I waisted another year for the the Phins fans.:boohoo: So you two take over and maybe one of you can replace me.:boohoo:

Yeah our secondary completely sucks :shakeno: . You know they're part of that 2nd ranked Defense too.

Tigers2003
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM

Ha funny funny stuff. I take it you ain't no Sabanite are you! Yeah Nick has made some mistakes with personnel decisions. But dude saying that the secondary is ruined is off base. As of late they have been playing much better. Daniels and Allen are doing their jobs well as of late. The real weak links was Tillman and Hill covering the middle of the field and Hill has played better and Saban finally saw what the fans saw in that Bell should be starting. The corners were never worse than average all along and at times have played outstanding.

Now the O-line has not been handled well. Hadnot's move to center is not going to be the long term answer although it seems to be getting better. We could have done better than bringing in Shelton. There are other issues well documented on this forum. Give Saban another draft and the chance to pick FAs that actually make an impact before we absolutely ascertain that stupidity on his part has put our OL back a few years or so.

G-Force
11-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Do you realize that Lance was out of work for half the season as a free agent? Why do you think that is? You know that injuries came into play on the line right? Given your intense hatred for Saban I doubt you let facts get in the way. The secondary is as good and probably better than last season. Saban's big mistake was picking Culpepper but he's put in Joey now and he's getting it done and they're winning.

What will you Saban haters do when he keeps winning? I'm sure you'll just make up some more reasons why he sucks so much.Let me tell you a little secret or two. Players have to get comfortable to sytems and every team has a differant SYSTEM and PLAYERS. Our D struggled this year in pass D just like last and our o-line had alot of mental mistakes at the begining of last year just like they are still doing this year. At the end of last year just like this year they are playing better but we are and was in almost too big of a whole to climb out of. Stupid decisions by the coach is why and no other. Yeah our 3rd leading tackler and leading intercepter from last year isn't playing but he is and was better than your gods 16 overall pick.

G-Force
11-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Ha funny funny stuff. I take it you ain't no Sabanite are you! Yeah Nick has made some mistakes with personnel decisions. But dude saying that the secondary is ruined is off base. As of late they have been playing much better. Daniels and Allen are doing their jobs well as of late. The real weak links was Tillman and Hill covering the middle of the field and Hill has played better and Saban finally saw what the fans saw in that Bell should be starting. The corners were never worse than average all along and at times have played outstanding.

Now the O-line has not been handled well. Hadnot's move to center is not going to be the long term answer although it seems to be getting better. We could have done better than bringing in Shelton. There are other issues well documented on this forum. Give Saban another draft and the chance to pick FAs that actually make an impact before we absolutely ascertain that stupidity on his part has put our OL back a few years or so.I mean ruined at the start of the year and cost us some games that their is no doubt we should have won. I know they are playing good now but we went 1-6 while they learned how to play and that is inexcuseable to me considering we won the last 6-7 last year when the players finally got it. Instead of keeping players that finally understood it we did another complete change out ruining yet another optimistic year. That is all I'm saying not that the players we have now won't be better than what we had or anything like that.

muscle979
11-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I mean ruined at the start of the year and cost us some games that their is no doubt we should have won. I know they are playing good now but we went 1-6 while they learned how to play and that is inexcuseable to me considering we won the last 6-7 last year when the players finally got it. Instead of keeping players that finally understood it we did another complete change out ruining yet another optimistic year. That is all I'm saying not that the players we have now won't be better than what we had or anything like that.

He is still better than the other rookie coaches from his class this year. He's tied with Nolan who is benefitting from playing in a very weak division.

muscle979
11-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Let me tell you a little secret or two. Players have to get comfortable to sytems and every team has a differant SYSTEM and PLAYERS. Our D struggled this year in pass D just like last and our o-line had alot of mental mistakes at the begining of last year just like they are still doing this year. At the end of last year just like this year they are playing better but we are and was in almost too big of a whole to climb out of. Stupid decisions by the coach is why and no other. Yeah our 3rd leading tackler and leading intercepter from last year isn't playing but he is and was better than your gods 16 overall pick.

My god's? I've got news for you. You may live from one extreme to the next but I find it easy to sit somewhere in the middle. I think Saban is a good coach who is human and has made mistakes. He's fixing them though and he keeps his head up and doesn't let venom spewers like you keep him and the team down in the basement. That's why I like him, he hasn't pulled a Denny Green and threw any fits or had any breakdowns. Jason Allen will be better than Schulters, period. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why Saban should have resigned a guy that 31 other coaches and GMs obviously didn't want or need.

G-Force
11-25-2006, 10:27 AM
He is still better than the other rookie coaches from his class this year. He's tied with Nolan who is benefitting from playing in a very weak division.I didn't understand alot of his decisions but yesterday when I was watching the UM press conferance and the possible HC candidates they talked about how Saban said he wasn't happy and may go back to the college ranks. That just added doubt to my already mixed feelings about him. MM and Capers were both new this year and I never seen where they had their players that knew rtheir systems was broght in. To point the finger anywhere except the man with total power (Saban) makes no sense to me. Then everyone talks like he walks into someones office and lets them have it when he is talking about quitting and going back to college is rediculous. Also everyone got a big laugh about him insulting his players with his brook trout look and making them cry don't seem to understand that those are the same people he expects to give 100% for him everyday.

G-Force
11-25-2006, 10:33 AM
My god's? I've got news for you. You may live from one extreme to the next but I find it easy to sit somewhere in the middle. I think Saban is a good coach who is human and has made mistakes. He's fixing them though and he keeps his head up and doesn't let venom spewers like you keep him and the team down in the basement. That's why I like him, he hasn't pulled a Denny Green and threw any fits or had any breakdowns. Jason Allen will be better than Schulters, period. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why Saban should have resigned a guy that 31 other coaches and GMs obviously didn't want or need.THIRD ON THE TEAM IN TACKLES, LED THE TEAM IN PICKS, FOUR FORCED FUMBLES,ONE FUMBLE RECOVERY, FOUR SACKS. Is that spelled out enough for you? Besides the way he is crying for college it must be the venom spewers that boo the team in Miami because I'm sure my truths never reach his ears. Also THAT was an awesome press conferance Green had and he was right because we used their game plan to kick the bears tails.:cooldude:

muscle979
11-25-2006, 12:12 PM
THIRD ON THE TEAM IN TACKLES, LED THE TEAM IN PICKS, FOUR FORCED FUMBLES,ONE FUMBLE RECOVERY, FOUR SACKS. Is that spelled out enough for you? Besides the way he is crying for college it must be the venom spewers that boo the team in Miami because I'm sure my truths never reach his ears. Also THAT was an awesome press conferance Green had and he was right because we used their game plan to kick the bears tails.:cooldude:

I haven't seen anything besides complete speculation to support Saban quitting and taking the UM job or any other. Obviously if he really did that it would change my opinion of him. I'm not going to let some stupid rumor that the media in all likelihood fabricated change my mind right now. I need to at least see some kind of source or something. At least maybe some kind of anonymous assistant or close friend.

NJFINSFAN1
11-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I haven't seen anything besides complete speculation to support Saban quitting and taking the UM job or any other. Obviously if he really did that it would change my opinion of him. I'm not going to let some stupid rumor that the media in all likelihood fabricated change my mind right now. I need to at least see some kind of source or something. At least maybe some kind of anonymous assistant or close friend.

Hey, would you go down the street and tell Tom Glavine to get back to NY!!!!:rolleyes:

muscle979
11-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey, would you go down the street and tell Tom Glavine to get back to NY!!!!:rolleyes:

I'd tell him to go back to Atlanta :lol:

Metal Panda
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Still praising GOD SABAN? If the jackass hadn't of switched our entire secondary, o-line and coaching staff off a team that won it's last 7 last year maybe we would be in better position to control our playoff destiny's. So you guys that blame the players and coaches other than the one that makes all the decisions need a wake up call IMO.

Uh....you are really implying that last year's secondary didn't need an upgrade? The same secondary that A. lost the first Patriots game, B. almost lost the second Bills game, C. made Brooks Bollinger look like Sonny Jurgensen, and D. Gave up more big plays than most units in the league?

Sometimes I think your posts cannot be serious.

Metal Panda
11-25-2006, 12:45 PM

He gutted them for no reason?

Miami lost Sam Madison from a unit that was already terrible last year (yes, terrible. Our pass defense was abysmal) and he was wrong to upgrade the unit? Not following either of you on this one.

As far as the o-line, many of you are easily swayed by the fact that very few sacks were allowed last year, but that doesn't mean there wasn't room for improvement, plus the run blocking was suspect at times.

Metal Panda
11-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I mean ruined at the start of the year and cost us some games that their is no doubt we should have won. I know they are playing good now but we went 1-6 while they learned how to play and that is inexcuseable to me considering we won the last 6-7 last year when the players finally got it. Instead of keeping players that finally understood it we did another complete change out ruining yet another optimistic year. That is all I'm saying not that the players we have now won't be better than what we had or anything like that.

1. The team won 6, not 7, in a row.
2. It was in spite of the secondary, not because of it. Miami's pass defense was awful all season. Unless you've conveniently forgotten the second Jets game.

FinNasty
11-25-2006, 02:30 PM
MM still sucks. We arnt winning because of our offense... its because of our defense. Look at the field position we are getting. Now I will admit MM has improved a little since the beginning... but he still sucks. Every running play is a misdirection which takes a long time to develop... and we CONSISTANTLY run out of the shotgun on 3rd and 2. Not to mention he still refuses to take shots down field (but that may be because Joey cant throw it past 20 yards accuratly)...

muscle979
11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Uh....you are really implying that last year's secondary didn't need an upgrade? The same secondary that A. lost the first Patriots game, B. almost lost the second Bills game, C. made Brooks Bollinger look like Sonny Jurgensen, and D. Gave up more big plays than most units in the league?

Sometimes I think your posts cannot be serious.

I think he's Lance Schulters' agent. He acts like letting that guy go was the biggest mistake a coach could make.

adamprez2003
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I think he's Lance Schulters' agent. He acts like letting that guy go was the biggest mistake a coach could make.

nah that was playing traveres tillman j/k

CRAZYDOLFAN305
11-25-2006, 04:14 PM
I didn't understand alot of his decisions but yesterday when I was watching the UM press conferance and the possible HC candidates they talked about how Saban said he wasn't happy and may go back to the college ranks. That just added doubt to my already mixed feelings about him. MM and Capers were both new this year and I never seen where they had their players that knew rtheir systems was broght in. To point the finger anywhere except the man with total power (Saban) makes no sense to me. Then everyone talks like he walks into someones office and lets them have it when he is talking about quitting and going back to college is rediculous. Also everyone got a big laugh about him insulting his players with his brook trout look and making them cry don't seem to understand that those are the same people he expects to give 100% for him everyday.

Man you just reaching..I think you a little psycho..If you can't see what Nick is building here, you need glasses..

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Man you just reaching..I think you a little psycho..If you can't see what Nick is building here, you need glasses..
Who needs glasses when they have their own blinders?

Anyone who suggests that our secondary was anything but a weak point last year is completely clueless.

tmny99
11-25-2006, 05:55 PM

I definitely agree...last year, Linehan was a bum, and then people started riding his jock. We've dropped so many passes, had dumb false start penalties, and shot ourselves in the foot so much that it's ridiculous to just blame our OC for our offensive blunders. Plus the trick play adds another dimension to our offensive. When the Steelers run them everybody thinks its genius. We have had poor execution on most of our trick plays and that is not the coordinator's fault by any means.

G-Force
11-26-2006, 08:59 AM
You guys wear your blinders if you want. Their would have been nothing wrong with bringing at least one or two back that knew the system to start until Sabans younger, better players(as you guys say) got the system. Then we would have beat a couple of those loser teams instead of looking like a bunch of heartless pansies at the start of this year to go 1-6. Obviously you people understand nothing of player developement or how someone needs to slowly bring people in instead of disrupting the whole chemistry of a team. Don't feel bad or insulted because or coach has the same problems. Maybe it's because he is used to 4 year change outs from college. Who knows? But if he tries this crap next year (the 3rd year in a row) I will be prepared and lower my expectations and will call for the little grumpy mans head.

G-Force
11-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Man you just reaching..I think you a little psycho..If you can't see what Nick is building here, you need glasses..My facts are inflappable while your ignorant remark is just because you got your little pride and feelings hurt because your coach isn't a god and screws seasons like wanny.:boohoo:

muscle979
11-26-2006, 11:11 AM
You guys wear your blinders if you want. Their would have been nothing wrong with bringing at least one or two back that knew the system to start until Sabans younger, better players(as you guys say) got the system. Then we would have beat a couple of those loser teams instead of looking like a bunch of heartless pansies at the start of this year to go 1-6. Obviously you people understand nothing of player developement or how someone needs to slowly bring people in instead of disrupting the whole chemistry of a team. Don't feel bad or insulted because or coach has the same problems. Maybe it's because he is used to 4 year change outs from college. Who knows? But if he tries this crap next year (the 3rd year in a row) I will be prepared and lower my expectations and will call for the little grumpy mans head.

What other rookie coach from last year has an overall winning record right now? If you want to fault Saban for trying to upgrade a mediocre team be my guest. I'm sorry that 90% of the football fans on this board are obviously wearing blinders and you have it all figured out. That's not to mention sports media who generally agree that Saban is a good coach. I guess you should fill them in about the catastrophic lance schulters mistake and they'd probably all change their minds.

muscle979
11-26-2006, 11:14 AM
My facts are inflappable while your ignorant remark is just because you got your little pride and feelings hurt because your coach isn't a god and screws seasons like wanny.:boohoo:

Here's a fact for you: Nick Saban NFL record 14-13. That's more wins than any of his rookie counterparts that started last season. I think you are the one with hurt feelings. It's obvious you thought this team was going to go from 4-12 to powerhouse overnight and it didn't happen. Now you're on the floor kicking and screaming and callling Nick Saban a little grumpy poophead or something.

Tigers2003
11-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Here's a fact for you: Nick Saban NFL record 14-13. That's more wins than any of his rookie counterparts that started last season. I think you are the one with hurt feelings. It's obvious you thought this team was going to go from 4-12 to powerhouse overnight and it didn't happen. Now you're on the floor kicking and screaming and callling Nick Saban a little grumpy poophead or something.

Considering what Saban was faced with when he got here 14-13 at this point is not bad at all. There are some other coaches out there going through a lot more adversity. Look around at coaches that came in around the same time (give or take a year or so) as Saban such as Cremmell (spelling?), Nolan, Greene, and Smith. Thrown in the records of the first year guys this year and the retreads (as in Art Shell and Edwards). The only one standing out is Lovie Smith and he has a one year up on Saban.

inFINSible
11-26-2006, 11:39 AM
You guys need to cool it with the personal remarks.

muscle979
11-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Considering what Saban was faced with when he got here 14-13 at this point is not bad at all. There are some other coaches out there going through a lot more adversity. Look around at coaches that came in around the same time (give or take a year or so) as Saban such as Cremmell (spelling?), Nolan, Greene, and Smith. Thrown in the records of the first year guys this year and the retreads (as in Art Shell and Edwards). The only one standing out is Lovie Smith and he has a one year up on Saban.

Saban coached a mediocre at best team up to 9 wins last season. Everybody decided that the team should suddenly be a super bowl favorite and now people hate him b/c he's only 5-6. They don't look at the fact that he's doing better than most others in similar situations. Nolan is comparable but he plays in the NFC West. Saban is 5-3 against the NFC. He is also 1-0 against Lovie Smith. Crennell beat him but the Browns are still struggling and don't look to win more than maybe 6 or 7.

EBMisfit
11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Mularkey still sucks. No deep passing game.In order to have a deep passing game, you first have to have an OL that can protect the QB long enough.

EBMisfit
11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Still praising GOD SABAN? If the jackass hadn't of switched our entire secondary, o-line and coaching staff off a team that won it's last 7 last year maybe we would be in better position to control our playoff destiny's.First, Saban didn't switch out the coaching staff, Linehan accepted a HC job with Saint Louis. That left him only a few limited options, such as run the O himself (which isn't exactly his strength) or hire or promote someone as OC. As for the secondary and OL, I don't really see anyone that we had last year that would have been all that much of an improvement over the guys Saban signed.

EBMisfit
11-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Its more like this. Saban walks into MM's and DC's offices and says :boohoo: I'm not happy in the NFL:boohoo: I think I may go back to college because I'm so stupid I ruin our secondary and o-line that was playing great the year before and I can't understand why I waisted another year for the the Phins fans.:boohoo: So you two take over and maybe one of you can replace me.:boohoo:I thought it was more like this:
Saban walked into Huizinga's office and said, "Man, what an idiot I am for not letting the great G-Force coach this team. I'm sure he'd be a much better HC for this team than I could ever be, so I just as well make arrangements to go back to college sidelines so everyone (except him) won't notice how I've totally screwed up the Miami Dolphins."