PDA

View Full Version : UPSET: A&M takes down T.U.!!!!

AggieFin21
11-24-2006, 05:23 PM
12-7 in Austin! Against the #11 team...defending National Champions. Top rush D in the nation gives up +200 yrds. on the ground! 'Horns fans, time to give credit where credit is due!

Roman529
11-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Nice win Aggies. :tongue:

MikeO
11-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Big 12 is weak this year

NJFINSFAN1
11-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Helps teams like Boise and Rutgers if they can win out.

kpcane
11-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Big 12 is weak this year

Big 12's been weak for awhile. Texas faced one tough opponent in the regular season last year, and they weren't even a conference opponent.

kpcane
11-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Helps teams like Boise and Rutgers if they can win out.

You think Rutgers has what it takes to beat WVU in Morgantown? I don't think that game will be close. WVU will run all over them and it won't be pretty.

NJFINSFAN1
11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
You think Rutgers has what it takes to beat WVU in Morgantown? I don't think that game will be close. WVU will run all over them and it won't be pretty.

That's what Louisville said!:wink:

And if WV thinks that, they are in trouble.

AggieFin21
11-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey damn it! This is A&M thread, not Rutgers!!! lol!

Martel
11-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Good win A&M!!!

HysterikiLL
11-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I guess the Aggies deserve it. Hate 'em, but gotta give them credit for pulling it out. Was always a rebuilding year for Texas, but with the talent they had, and that schedule, I thought it could be a 1, maybe 2 loss season. They have an unbelievable recruiting class and will, unsurprisingly, be at the top of the Big 12 in no time. As for now, nice work Aggies. I think this gives OU a chance at the Big 12 Title, and they deserve it.

Now I'd like to see AD come back and tear up Nebraska.

finswin56
11-24-2006, 07:55 PM
:D
A&M has some really promising freshmen.
Franchione (sp) finally got the monkey off his back.

COMEBACKRICKY
11-24-2006, 08:05 PM
no forget that i hate fran! so does evreyone else on campus.. but yeah it was a good win today, but i still want a replacement for next year. we should have a really good team next year, with all the sophs in the backfield, an awesome freshman runningback and our offensive line looks to be good.

hey if you guys think about it, a&m really should be undefeated right now. The games we lost were incredibly close and the loses are in major part because of frans' consertiveness. dont take my word for it, look at the game against nebraska and oklahoma tech. they all came down to the last play/drive.

should be exciting year next year aggiefin!! man but i really dont want to shell out another 300 bucks for a sports pass....

AirFishOne
11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
no forget that i hate fran! so does evreyone else on campus.. but yeah it was a good win today, but i still want a replacement for next year. we should have a really good team next year, with all the sophs in the backfield, an awesome freshman runningback and our offensive line looks to be good.

hey if you guys think about it, a&m really should be undefeated right now. The games we lost were incredibly close and the loses are in major part because of frans' consertiveness. dont take my word for it, look at the game against nebraska and oklahoma tech. they all came down to the last play/drive.

should be exciting year next year aggiefin!! man but i really dont want to shell out another 300 bucks for a sports pass....

is 'Oklahoma Tech' supposed to be an insult?

COMEBACKRICKY
11-24-2006, 08:15 PM
LMAO no not at all i respect okalahoma. i meant okalahoma and tech, as in texas tech. we lost on a friggin last second pass. how degrading.

FLOUNDER
11-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I honestly think WVU will walk all over Rutgers, with the game being at home for WVU, Morgantown is a hard place to play for opponents. I think wvu will win by 2 or 3 touchdowns

AggieFin21
11-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I can't stand Fran either but even if we had lost today (which we didn't!!) Fran wouldn't have been fired. It just costs too much to pay him a buyout and hire another coach. But man, how excited am I about the tandem of Lane & Goodsen over the next few years....

COMEBACKRICKY
11-25-2006, 12:13 AM
yeah that lane goodson mcgee trio is exactly what i was reffering to. Hopefully we pick up a good wr to compensate for the loss of sherader and we should be good. there is this one guy, nick trice, who went to my former high school. he verbaly commited to a&M. hes a good palyer but blew his knee out. if he could reboud he would definatly help us big time! defense is also improving and we are getting back some key players. look for a&m in the big 12 championship next year! as long as fran dont mess it up again. thats an intersting point about the buyout. that totally slipped my mind. how many more years does he have left?

Roman529
11-25-2006, 12:18 AM

Yeah, only NJ likes Rutgers. :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
11-25-2006, 11:59 AM

Who are you, the 12 man?:lol:

AggieFin21
11-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I believe Fran has one more year on his contract. (signed a 4yr. deal) and yeah, I think we need to seriously content for a Big 12 Championship next and firmly get ourselves back in the Top 10-15 range all year or Fran should be shown the door. He's had more than enough time to get "his guys" here and put in "his system". Next year it's time for Fran to sh*t or get off the pot.

Agent51
11-25-2006, 02:11 PM
12-7 in Austin! Against the #11 team...defending National Champions. Top rush D in the nation gives up +200 yrds. on the ground! 'Horns fans, time to give credit where credit is due!

Damn you :fire: :lol:

I'll give you guys credit, you were definately the better team yesterday, and we looked HORRIBLE. I was (and still am) so friggin' mad when we lost, after that BS loss to Kansas State 2 weeks ago to destroy our repeat champion chances, now it appears as though we aren't even going to make the big 10 title game :shakeno:

Thanks for OBLITERATING my QB at the end of the game too, jeez, you could have just intercepted the ball, you didn't have to send him on on a strecther (with an illegal hit) on top of it :wink:

TexPhinPhan
11-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah that was depressing. We clearly were not ready to play that game and the Aggies took it to us.

Colt wasn't right the whole game and the defense was gawd awful. I would point out that one reason our run defense looked so good this year is because our pass defense was so bad. Why bother to run when you can throw for 400 yards

AS someone else said in this thread, this was a rebuilding year, (except for our o-line, when they leave, I will be interested to see what happens) but with Colt's great play we forgot that fact.

Good win for the Ags, Looking forward to next year.

djfresh47
11-26-2006, 02:34 AM
A&M seemed to play everybody close from the games I watched or heard of. The loses were down to the wire which maybe due to inexperience. IMO if Lane loses some weight he'll be a much better player. McCoy didn't look healthy but Snead is the guy that Texas should be starting at Qb anyways.

AirFishOne
11-26-2006, 03:31 AM
LMAO no not at all i respect okalahoma. i meant okalahoma and tech, as in texas tech. we lost on a friggin last second pass. how degrading.

lol, honest mistake

o and btw

THANK YOU MY AGGIE FRIEND!!!!

BOOMER SOONER

AggieFin21
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah that was depressing. We clearly were not ready to play that game and the Aggies took it to us.

Colt wasn't right the whole game and the defense was gawd awful. I would point out that one reason our run defense looked so good this year is because our pass defense was so bad. Why bother to run when you can throw for 400 yards

AS someone else said in this thread, this was a rebuilding year, (except for our o-line, when they leave, I will be interested to see what happens) but with Colt's great play we forgot that fact.

Good win for the Ags, Looking forward to next year.

I'll agree that Colt wasn't right the whole game; Sneed probably should have been in there from the get go. But the 'Horns needed (not wanted, needed) to win this one and went with who they thought gave them the best chance.

What I won't agree with is the "illegal hit" Bennett layed on Colt. There wasn't anything illegal about it. Colt got popped in the chin just after releasing the ball. Such is the life of a QB, Colt better get used to it. And please, please, PLEASE don't give me this rebuilding year BS. Since when is any team in a rebuilding year right after winning a National Championship? Saying that is like saying that you're entire team was based around one guy (VY) and we all know there's no way any 'Horn would ever admit to that fully. There's no way Texas was in a "rebuilding year". They got beat by the better team that day, period.

Agent51
11-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I'll agree that Colt wasn't right the whole game; Sneed probably should have been in there from the get go. But the 'Horns needed (not wanted, needed) to win this one and went with who they thought gave them the best chance.

What I won't agree with is the "illegal hit" Bennett layed on Colt. There wasn't anything illegal about it. Colt got popped in the chin just after releasing the ball. Such is the life of a QB, Colt better get used to it. And please, please, PLEASE don't give me this rebuilding year BS. Since when is any team in a rebuilding year right after winning a National Championship? Saying that is like saying that you're entire team was based around one guy (VY) and we all know there's no way any 'Horn would ever admit to that fully. There's no way Texas was in a "rebuilding year". They got beat by the better team that day, period.

I think Snead should have started if McCoy wasn't right, but I didn't know he wasn't right til I actually saw the game start. I figured since all reports said he was fine, and he just had a bye week, that he was good too go, obviously it wasn't the case, and the coaches should have seen that and started Snead, after all, once he found his rythm in the Kansas State game he turned it on. They lost, but they got 42 points out of it, and only 7 came when McCoy was in. Plus if it was a neck and neck battle all through camp, he was obviously capable of playing just as good as Colt.

It was definately and illegal hit. It wasn't late but it was helmet to helmet, and contact with the QBs head, that's going to be called in any league. The personal foul late in the Michigan/OSU game (the one that pretty much lost it for Michigan) was less of a head hit than the one Colt took, and it was still called. You just can't hit the QB in the head, ever, and that's why it was illegal. It wasn't late though, so if anyone says that it's wrong.

Teams can definately go on a rebuilding year after a national championship. What happens when a team is made up of primarily seniors and juniors, and they win the title and then the seniors graduate and the juniors leave early for the draft? The next year will OBVIOUSLY be a rebuilding year, as a majority of the starters are gone and needs to be replaced. That being said, IDK if I'd call this a rebuilding year for Texas. I'm not going to make excuses for their poor play in the A&M game, and I think we SHOULD have won that Kansas State game, and would have if Colt didn't go down. I think our only "legit" loss was to OSU. By legit I mean the only game that we actually got outplayed by a genuinely better team, not a game that we lost due to injuries and inexperienced players (KSU), or a game in which we lost by playing like absolute crap (A&M). We lost the OSU game because Colt McCoy was too inexperienced. However, since that game he GREATLY matured, and I'm not going to call this a year a rebuilding year. We still have 2 great RBs in Young and Charles, we have Sweed back at WR, and we are really only missing Wright and Huff on the D. Not enough key players left for this to be a rebuilding year. We were just too inexperienced early and we stumbled late with stupid mistakes, uinjuries, and poor play in general.

TexPhinPhan
11-27-2006, 01:47 PM

Don't Worry Ag, it takes a while to figure out how to act after you win a big game. I know it has been a while, but you need to relax.

Aggies were clearly the better team on friday and nowhere do I say to the contrary.

When you are starting a red shirt freshman as your qb, I think many UT fans at the beginning of the year realized that we would likely not be competing for the National championship and perhaps not even the Big 12 South (although there was hope because of Oklahoma's problems). Additionally, it was clear that our secondary was going to be young and not as talented as the year before. Obviously we still had a great Oline and nice running backs

A lot fans, myself included, lost sight of those facts because Colt played so well. There were disturbing clues that UT was not National championship caliber on the defensive side of the ball. It came home to me after the Kansas State game.

Colt was not right, he had no arm strength the entire game. The problem was exacerbated by the hits he took.
Don't know if we would of won with Snead in the game (See Kansas State). I don't think the last hit was dirty. I also dont think it changed the outcome of the game. I wouldnt of put Colt in that last series anyway

RE: Vince Young, I dont think you would find many Horn fans who would argue that we would of won the NC without Vince. (with a big suppporting role from Huff)

In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, Lighten up Francis. You guys won fair and square, were clearly the better team (scoreboard) and should be enjoying your victory. But then again, A&M does have a fairly significant inferiority complex to overcome.

Texphinphan

AggieFin21
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Don't Worry Ag, it takes a while to figure out how to act after you win a big game. I know it has been a while, but you need to relax.

Aggies were clearly the better team on friday and nowhere do I say to the contrary.

When you are starting a red shirt freshman as your qb, I think many UT fans at the beginning of the year realized that we would likely not be competing for the National championship and perhaps not even the Big 12 South (although there was hope because of Oklahoma's problems). Additionally, it was clear that our secondary was going to be young and not as talented as the year before. Obviously we still had a great Oline and nice running backs

A lot fans, myself included, lost sight of those facts because Colt played so well. There were disturbing clues that UT was not National championship caliber on the defensive side of the ball. It came home to me after the Kansas State game.

Colt was not right, he had no arm strength the entire game. The problem was exacerbated by the hits he took.
Don't know if we would of won with Snead in the game (See Kansas State). I don't think the last hit was dirty. I also dont think it changed the outcome of the game. I wouldnt of put Colt in that last series anyway

RE: Vince Young, I dont think you would find many Horn fans who would argue that we would of won the NC without Vince. (with a big suppporting role from Huff)

In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, Lighten up Francis. You guys won fair and square, were clearly the better team (scoreboard) and should be enjoying your victory. But then again, A&M does have a fairly significant inferiority complex to overcome.

Texphinphan

Sorry, didn't know winning one big game made you big time. What was Mack Brown's reputation before last year?

And you couldn't find me 25 people on the entire t.u. campus that at the beginning of the year wouldn't have said they were going to repeat as the National Champions and it would be the legs of Young and Charles along with the #1 D that got them there.

And I still don't think you can ever consider yourself in a rebuilding year after winning a title. Look at teams like OSU or USC. Both teams lost superstars of the college football world and are still as good as they were last year. Saying you're in a "rebuilding year" is just an admition that your program isn't as strong or deeply talented as you thought it was. And it's just shown with the losses to KState and A&M.

Neither A&M or K-State has solid football programs. Both really are "rebuilding". A&M had a cake schedule this year and against a tougher schedule, we'd been lucky to put out 6 wins. (which would have helped to run Fran out of town, but that's neither here nor there...) Regardless of who t.u. lost to the NFL or how inexperienced they were, you were still a top 10 team in the nation and lost to 2 young, inexperienced teams.

In the words of...whoever...take the blinders off and realize that you're program isn't as strong as you thought it was. It's only going to be shown more with the loss of Chizik. What you should be doing is finding a way to get Greg Davis the hell out of town...

Agent51
11-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Sorry, didn't know winning one big game made you big time. What was Mack Brown's reputation before last year?

And you couldn't find me 25 people on the entire t.u. campus that at the beginning of the year wouldn't have said they were going to repeat as the National Champions and it would be the legs of Young and Charles along with the #1 D that got them there.

And I still don't think you can ever consider yourself in a rebuilding year after winning a title. Look at teams like OSU or USC. Both teams lost superstars of the college football world and are still as good as they were last year. Saying you're in a "rebuilding year" is just an admition that your program isn't as strong or deeply talented as you thought it was. And it's just shown with the losses to KState and A&M.

Neither A&M or K-State has solid football programs. Both really are "rebuilding". A&M had a cake schedule this year and against a tougher schedule, we'd been lucky to put out 6 wins. (which would have helped to run Fran out of town, but that's neither here nor there...) Regardless of who t.u. lost to the NFL or how inexperienced they were, you were still a top 10 team in the nation and lost to 2 young, inexperienced teams.

In the words of...whoever...take the blinders off and realize that you're program isn't as strong as you thought it was. It's only going to be shown more with the loss of Chizik. What you should be doing is finding a way to get Greg Davis the hell out of town...

Who was Mack Brown before this year? A coach that only had one loss every season because he got owned by Oklahoma every year, thus giving us a loss and ruining our hopes. Last year all the fans said beating OU was a fluke because peterson was out, well, he was IN this year AND we had a freshman QB and we still won, so fluke my ***. I'll take Mack Brown over the A&M coach anyday.

So because we were still ranked doesn't mean we were rebuilding? I'm NOT using rebuilding as an excuse here, but that makes ZERO sense. Of COURSE we will be ranked, we are the defending national champs :rolleyes2. Regardless of who we lost tot he NFL? We lost Vince Young, and if you think he didn't basically single-handedly get us to, and win, the national championship then you are completely wrong.

I don't think any fans that DON'T attend the school had very high hopes for this season when the 2 QBs battling for the starting job were a red shirt freshman and a true freshman, so what blinders are you talking about? Don't hate on Texas cause they are the better team, and don't gloat because you finally beat us. You won the game, we gave that to you, you were the better team that day, but you certainly didn't blow us out, nor did you realyl do anythingall day. You didn't keep moving down the field and scoring, you won by 5 points. One score came on a huge run (in which you missed an extra point :rolleyes2) and the other came after a long drive, so ONE TIME you had a good scoring drive, the other was blown tackles leading to a good run, not your offense driving down the field and beating our D everytime.

You're starting to get on my nerves because we gave you your credit for the big win and nobody talked crap about your team byut you continue to bash Texas, and us as fans, and question our football knowledge just because your crappy team finally beat us? OK, whatever, you can have your fun. Enjoy your one win against us for the next millenium :shakeno:

AggieFin21
11-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Who was Mack Brown before this year? A coach that only had one loss every season because he got owned by Oklahoma every year, thus giving us a loss and ruining our hopes. Last year all the fans said beating OU was a fluke because peterson was out, well, he was IN this year AND we had a freshman QB and we still won, so fluke my ***. I'll take Mack Brown over the A&M coach anyday.

So because we were still ranked doesn't mean we were rebuilding? I'm NOT using rebuilding as an excuse here, but that makes ZERO sense. Of COURSE we will be ranked, we are the defending national champs :rolleyes2. Regardless of who we lost tot he NFL? We lost Vince Young, and if you think he didn't basically single-handedly get us to, and win, the national championship then you are completely wrong.

I don't think any fans that DON'T attend the school had very high hopes for this season when the 2 QBs battling for the starting job were a red shirt freshman and a true freshman, so what blinders are you talking about? Don't hate on Texas cause they are the better team, and don't gloat because you finally beat us. You won the game, we gave that to you, you were the better team that day, but you certainly didn't blow us out, nor did you realyl do anythingall day. You didn't keep moving down the field and scoring, you won by 5 points. One score came on a huge run (in which you missed an extra point :rolleyes2) and the other came after a long drive, so ONE TIME you had a good scoring drive, the other was blown tackles leading to a good run, not your offense driving down the field and beating our D everytime.

You're starting to get on my nerves because we gave you your credit for the big win and nobody talked crap about your team byut you continue to bash Texas, and us as fans, and question our football knowledge just because your crappy team finally beat us? OK, whatever, you can have your fun. Enjoy your one win against us for the next millenium :shakeno:

Whoa, relax man. You're taking this entirely the wrong way. I'm not gloating about our victory and I'm sure as hell not saying A&M has a better program than t.u. because I know we don't yet. Hell, I just got done criticizing my own team and coach in my last post. How is that gloating? I barely mentioned the game in the last post. The game's over and done with, it's in the books. I'm talking about the strength of the Texas program in relation to the other teams you say you are as good as. (OSU, USC, etc.)

I know Vince won the trophy for you last year, it's the people that say he didn't that I'm calling out. It's the fact that the other "big time" teams in the nation are still in the Top 5 after losing their own "vince young". If that isn't you then don't worry about it.

And tell me Mack Brown wasn't know for losing the big game before last year. The OU was a win, but a game t.u. was expected to win and win big, regardless of the rivalry. O.U. was a horrible team that first year with a young QB, a heisman RB that didn't play and no supporting cast. This year's win was legit and I'll give you the credit for that.

Sorry for "annoying" you t.u. fans...I'll let you get back to your Cotton Bowl....

Agent51
12-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Whoa, relax man. You're taking this entirely the wrong way. I'm not gloating about our victory and I'm sure as hell not saying A&M has a better program than t.u. because I know we don't yet. Hell, I just got done criticizing my own team and coach in my last post. How is that gloating? I barely mentioned the game in the last post. The game's over and done with, it's in the books. I'm talking about the strength of the Texas program in relation to the other teams you say you are as good as. (OSU, USC, etc.)

I know Vince won the trophy for you last year, it's the people that say he didn't that I'm calling out. It's the fact that the other "big time" teams in the nation are still in the Top 5 after losing their own "vince young". If that isn't you then don't worry about it.

And tell me Mack Brown wasn't know for losing the big game before last year. The OU was a win, but a game t.u. was expected to win and win big, regardless of the rivalry. O.U. was a horrible team that first year with a young QB, a heisman RB that didn't play and no supporting cast. This year's win was legit and I'll give you the credit for that.

Sorry for "annoying" you t.u. fans...I'll let you get back to your Cotton Bowl....

Maybe I took it the wrong way, but it seems like you are calling us fans idiots because our team lost or something. Coming into this season I didn't expect much, because of our QB situation. I will admit I was pleasantly surprised when Colt turned it on. I never said we are as good as USC/OSU or any of them THIS SEASON, but obviosuly we were better than both last year. I just think people give OSU and USC too much damn credit, hence them being pretty much the only teams in college football I hate (besides the Hurricanes because I can't stand the way they act). Honestly, I think Texas would at least have given OSU a run for their money had we rematched them now, with Colt's massive imporvements since the first meeting. They didn't blow us out in that game, and it was clear that our problems were on offense and with the QB. Well now (or until Colt got hurt) we don';t have those QB problems, so I think it'd be a different game. As far as USC, yea, OK, so they were "crazy good" back in the Leinert/Bush/White era, but this year? I just don't see it. The team depends on Dwayne Jarrett, he is their Vince Young this year, no Jarrett, no wins, as seen in the Oregon State game. Both teams hjave had some very close games with very BAD teams too, so I don't think either is invincible. I didn't think that about USC last year either, when everyone was telling me and other Longhorn fans that Texas would get killed because USC's offense puts up 50 a game and Texas' D is overrated because it plays in the weak Big 12. Well, USC's offense was overrated, because it plays in the defensively weak Pac-10, and it still is. I'm not saying that Texas doesn't play in an easy conference with pretty much only one other team that is a yearly contender, but at the same time, USC isn't exactly playing in the SEC either. The Pac-10 isn't really that impressive, so they are just like us, but yet they get all the hype because it's USC :rolleyes2