PDA

View Full Version : Please convince me on getting an Xbox 360

Predaphin
11-24-2006, 06:54 PM
I am really debating on whether or not I should go buy me an Xbox 360 today (my wife actually gave me permission), but I really have my eyes set on the PS3. Regardless, I will end up with both if I go purchase a 360.

It's just that i'm dying to play a next gen console. Looking at all the commercials and ads....I can't help waiting any longer.

I went as far as going out to try the 360 at EBgames and circuit city. I played Madden 07 (only demo they had).

I've always been a PS guy. I hated the original xbox (the controllers were awful). I still hate the orginal xbox. I must admit though, the 360 controllers are alot smoother. If anything, they're somewhat similar to the PS controllers now. However, being somehwat similar to the PS controllers, I did notice that after playing madden the "x" button was to the right as opposed to the bottom, actually all buttons are re-arranged. I was getting confused and kept hitting the wrong receivers.

I take it eventually I will get accustomed to using the xbox controllers, am I right?

Should I purchase the 360, or should I just wait for the PS3???

Nappy Roots
11-24-2006, 07:00 PM
I am really debating on whether or not I should go buy me an Xbox 360 today (my wife actually gave me permission), but I really have my eyes set on the PS3. Regardless, I will end up with both if I go purchase a 360.

It's just that i'm doing to play a next gen console. Looking at all the commercials and ads....I can't help waiting any longer.

I went as far as going out to try the 360 at EBgames and circuit city. I played Madden 07 (only demo they had).

I've always been a PS guy. I hated the original xbox (the controllers were awful). I still hate the orginal xbox. I must admit though, the 360 controllers are alot smoother. If anything, they're somewhat similar to the PS controllers now. However, being somehwat similar to the PS controllers, I did notice that after playing madden the "x" button was to the right as opposed to the bottom, actually all buttons are re-arranged. I was getting confused and kept hitting the wrong receivers.

I take it eventually I will get accustomed to using the xbox controllers, am I right?

Should I purchase the 360, or should I just wait for the PS3???

i was a ps2 guy to, mainly because xbox controllers were horrible. but after you get used to the x,y,b,a buttons on the 360 controller, i love it. i love the way xbox live is setup. i love everything about it really. i would definitly get it if i were you, specially for the price compared to the ps3.

illscriptures
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Get an xbox360 and play with all of us online... duh...

Majpain
11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Get Gears, Madden plays best on the 360. Plus the arcade. There are so many great things about the 360.

finfan01
11-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I love my 360.............I just dont have X-Box live yet...gotta get on that:lol:

mor911
11-24-2006, 09:45 PM
The 360 is a solid console. Try not to classify yourself as a "sony guy" or "microsoft guy" bro. Because then there's a whole world of games you're missing out on.

If you're gonna get 'em both anyway, and the wife gave the ok, I say get the 360! :hi5:

finfan01
11-24-2006, 09:52 PM
The 360 is a solid console. Try not to classify yourself as a "sony guy" or "microsoft guy" bro. Because then there's a whole world of games you're missing out on.

If you're gonna get 'em both anyway, and the wife gave the ok, I say get the 360! :hi5:

:yeahthat:

360 rocks:D

StormSurge
11-24-2006, 10:26 PM
You definitely won't regret getting a 360.

TheAnswer385
11-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Get an xbox360 and play with all of us online... duh...yea that :D

Majpain
11-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey Answer what did your message say? If I was from Ft Lauderdale?

FLOUNDER
11-24-2006, 11:56 PM
I have online with my origional xbox, i play halo2 and ncaa 07' and such

When i get a 360 for x-mas, i'll be sure to holler at you fellas

NuttyFin
11-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Get an xbox360 and play with all of us online... duh...

:yeahthat:

NuttyFin
11-25-2006, 12:26 AM
You definitely won't regret getting a 360.

How are those BK games?

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I've actually never played either but I'll give you my opinon from what I've seen. I went into Best Buy tonight, both systems were playing (some racing game for 360) and NBA 07 (not 2k7 which Mor said looked horrible) was on. The NBA 07 suprisingly looked really good compared to the 360. I also saw another moto cross looking game on the ps3, it looked fairly decent but nothing mind blowing. I would honestly just wait a year :D

Majpain
11-25-2006, 01:00 AM
NBA07 looked horrible. The gameplay vids were so god awful. NBA07 has no buisness being show cased. Thats like Excite truck for the Wii!

Metal Panda
11-25-2006, 01:11 AM
You should go see Captain EO instead

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/captaineo209smalleq8-1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 10:32 AM
NBA07 looked horrible. The gameplay vids were so god awful. NBA07 has no buisness being show cased. Thats like Excite truck for the Wii!

What looked so bad about it to you? I'm just curious because I wonder if we are thinking of two different games. I played the game a bit and thought it was actually quite decent looking, then again maybe I never expect much out of these "next gen" consoles like lots of other people do. The racing game on the 360 looked like something I could easily find on the regular xbox.

Majpain
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
What looked so bad about it to you? I'm just curious because I wonder if we are thinking of two different games. I played the game a bit and thought it was actually quite decent looking, then again maybe I never expect much out of these "next gen" consoles like lots of other people do. The racing game on the 360 looked like something I could easily find on the regular xbox.

Well if your getting a basketball I heard 2K7 is the game to get. The graphics, the gameplay, everything about it.

StormSurge
11-25-2006, 08:37 PM
How are those BK games?

They're not bad, especially for $3.99 a pop.

Sneak King is a little creepy & the camera controls aren't the best, but it's fun.

Pocketbike Racer & Big Bumpin are pretty cool as well.

Again, not much to complain about for the price.