PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it, I purchased the 360....(My "LONG" review inside)...

Predaphin
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, you guys convinced me. Congratulations.

I must say I am impressed with the graphics. Awesome graphics.

There were so many good games to choose from, that I couldn;t help myself so I let the visa loose and purchased 8 Games.

Yes, 8 games, and expesnive too!

Well considering, I bought the premuim Xbox bundle at Circuit city for 500 bucks. It came with PGR, 2 controllers and a charge kit. Circuit city has a special of buying an XBox and you get a free game of your choice (59.99 or less), so on top of that, I got Madden 07 FOR FREE. I also purchased Xbox live for a year.

Total came out to around 560.00.

After that, I took a trip to EBgames. They have a special where you buy 2 used games and get the third one free. So that's exactly what I did...

I purchased...

Gears of War (new)
Rainbow six (new)
Battlefield (used)
Fight night (used)
Ghost Recon (FREE)

I took another nice hit in the wallet, but i think i'll be ok.

Got home, couldn't wait to play it. Hooked it up in my room to my 40' Sony XBR Bravia LCD HDTV (hanging on my wall).

Luckily, the bed was there to catch me, because the graphics blew me away!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Man, this is the type of gaming I dreamed of when I was a little boy. It's crazy to see what next gen consoles have come to. HD games on HDTV just to gaming to a whole nother level!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop playing now.
:shakeno:

All in all, I spent around 700 bucks. But it was well worth it.

The controls take some getting use to...but here are some slight playing time reviews from the games i've played...(Although I have not played PGR)

Madden 07: Graphics are good. Like the introduction and small additional details (i.e., fans cheering, gang tackling). However, probably the game i'm having trouble getting use to the most. I'm great on Madden PS2, i'm ranked very high on PS2, and that could be part of the prblem. The fact that when I play Madden 07 on PS2, it's like I play out of habit, I can play on the PS2 with my eyes closed....while on 360, i still catch myself looking at the control. This one may give me the most trouble and may take quite time getting use to... OVERALL: 7.6

Fight Night 3: At first, I thought I had my HDTV on HBO boxing. I kept looking for the Xbox video, only to realize, CRAP!, that's the game...Graphics are stunning. It's as if you're controlling a real fight. Controls were ok. Still trying to get use to. OVERALL: 8.6

Battlefield 2: Great storyline, good graphics, awesome gameplay and feature. Once you die, you can select to be another one of your team unit memebers. Good game. OVERALL: 8.7

Ghost Recon: "ok" graphics, although probably the poorest graphics of all my games thus far (keep in mind I have yet to play PGR). Gameplay is awesome. Once you play it, you'll adjust to the ok graphics. OVERALL: 8.0

Gears of War: AWESOME game!!! Great graphics. Great stroyline!! A "must" have for XBOX owners. OVERALL: 9.3

Rainbow Six: Vegas: ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I"VE EVER PLAYED!!!!! Stunning graphics, stunning gameplay!!! You have to be very tactiful. Tom Clancy really cashed in on this one!!!! Another "must" have!! this game was as close to perfect as there is. OVERALL: 9.8

BEST GAME I own (IMO) Rainbow six.

I'm a sports and war type of gamer. Overall, it seems like I'm having trouble adjusting to sports games on the 360, but I've already got down the controls for shooting games.

Thanks to those who convinced me to get the 360, well worth it.

BTW, looking foward to buying Oblivion and Saints Row. Maybe sometime next year when the prices will drop some more....

finfan01
11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
:up:

Glad to hear it...I havent got Rainbow Six:Vegas yet............is it really that good??

Well.........good choice....:eek:thats a lot of games:lol:

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Great to hear your enjoying your new purchases.

You may want to look into gamefly as well. Lots of titles and good deals available for console gamers.

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Fight Night takes a little time to get used to..just make sure you get the blocking down.

Invite some friends over because that game is a blast against people. I guess you could go online with it??? I wouldn't know if it supports it.

Majpain
11-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Good to hear.

StormSurge
11-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats!

Make sure you share your gamertag with us once you get signed up for Live.

Marino2Clayton
11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the opinions on Rainbow 6, I was on the fence but after reading this i told my wife thats the game I want for Christmas.

When you catch up with the games you bought check out Splinter Cell Double Agent.

BTW, you made a gret choice, I love my 360!!!

Marino2Clayton
11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
On another note, here is a great blog that I use to keep up with news on the 360: 360 Fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/).

banzaitrey
11-26-2006, 12:58 AM
I ordered mine today from Dell...It was 363 including shipping...I got the Premium and I can't wait for it to come in...What is the deal that Ebgames is having? Buy two used games get one free? I may have to check that out tomorrow

americanmoose84
11-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Welcome to the 360. Once you get yourself hooked up with live you will enjoy the games evenmore. Gears of War is a really fun online game. If your ever bored or in need of someone to play wiht/against on the 360 look me up:
Americanmoose84 is my gamertag.

Majpain
11-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Oh Viva La Pinta looks good.

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-26-2006, 04:28 AM
Welcome to the club, Predaphin! :D For $700, you got a great system and a lot of good games. You'll be blown away by Xbox Live and the game demos you can download and try out. At a bit over $4 per month, it is the best online gaming around.

BTW, this might sound a bit silly, given the hardcore shooter and sports fan you seem to be... but you might grab a couple of those Burger King games for the Xbox/Xbox 360. Don't laugh! Seriously, they are only $3.99 each, and great games for kids or just relaxing multi-player fun. Forget about the "Sneak King" one, it's just okay, at best.

Pocketbike Racer and Big Bumpin' (bumper car mini-games) are well worth the money and a blast to play with friends. The racer game is kinda like "Mario Kart" racing and the bumper cars one a bit like Fuzion Frenzy on the Xbox (the ice hockey with bumper cars alone is worth the purchase).

Joe Flipper
11-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Grats on your new "TOY" ! You will love it

great games also...check out CALL OF DUTY 3 and OBLIVION

:dolphins:

UCFinfan86
11-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the club, Predaphin! :D For $700, you got a great system and a lot of good games. You'll be blown away by Xbox Live and the game demos you can download and try out. At a bit over $4 per month, it is the best online gaming around.

BTW, this might sound a bit silly, given the hardcore shooter and sports fan you seem to be... but you might grab a couple of those Burger King games for the Xbox/Xbox 360. Don't laugh! Seriously, they are only $3.99 each, and great games for kids or just relaxing multi-player fun. Forget about the "Sneak King" one, it's just okay, at best.

Pocketbike Racer and Big Bumpin' (bumper car mini-games) are well worth the money and a blast to play with friends. The racer game is kinda like "Mario Kart" racing and the bumper cars one a bit like Fuzion Frenzy on the Xbox (the ice hockey with bumper cars alone is worth the purchase).

I heard somewhere those BK games are only avaible in November, is that true?

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I've heard the usual "while supplies last" but I bet they are going faster than expected. Two of the three are much better than you'd expect for cheap promotional games.

AngryDolphins
11-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Glad you are enjoying the 360. I might rent rainbow six: Vegas now lol