PDA

View Full Version : just got wow?

ISMKED WITRICKY
11-25-2006, 07:17 PM
well i just got it and having real problem finding where to go after a mission so is there a easier way to find thee places thanks for any help

ISMKED WITRICKY
11-25-2006, 07:50 PM
or any links or any thing to get me going:D

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 07:52 PM
or any links or any thing to get me going:D

http://www.wowwiki.com

Uncle Rico II
11-25-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.thottbot.com/

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 09:49 PM
well i just got it and having real problem finding where to go after a mission so is there a easier way to find thee places thanks for any help

What you need to do first is re-roll a character on Gnomeragon (the server I will be on sometime in a week or so) and go to www.wow-pro.com (http://www.wow-pro.com) and click on James Alliance Guide (yeah..be Alliance) it gives you the best quests to do without all the grinding and running around crap. It tells you where to go, how to do it, lays out actual maps so you don't get lost. The thing with the guide is it doesn't start till like 30 or so..which really isn't that hard to get, plus i think there are some other guides out there from like 12-20ish. I've heard nothing but good feedback from this guide..it's supposed to be the best on the net..or one of.

You just have to go back to the guy who gave you the quest I believe to turn it in. I haven't played it yet but I do a lot of reading on it because I don't want to be in your position when I start :D

If you don't understand the maps just google allakhazam and type whatever it is you need and they have it.

Phin-o-rama
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
For The Horde!!!

ISMKED WITRICKY
11-25-2006, 10:52 PM
thanks alot i think the quest where too high for my guy

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 11:01 PM
For The Horde!!!

You shall fear my Dwarf Hunter bizatch..

Too bad not everyone played on the same server..

Hey..if you like MMO..check out warhammer it's gonna be sweet.

TexanPhinatic
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Im a big fan of WoW, like any game its got its problems and issues, but its also just a ton of fun :)

The best thing to do is find a guild, it makes the game much much better to have people to chat/quest/do dungeons with. Also, read the James guide, its pretty good, check out the wow forums www.worldofwarcraft.com (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com) and www.wow-europe.com (http://www.wow-europe.com) and just explore all the various things out there.

As for the guide, its nice and works, but it limits you. Feel free to try out stuff like PvP and such if you want. :)

Majpain
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Really I got bored after a couple of hours. I mean it was fun playing playing with a party but overall it was meh.

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Really I got bored after a couple of hours. I mean it was fun playing playing with a party but overall it was meh.

Did you get into Battlegrounds at all?

I have alot more fun PvPing than doing quests and ****.

AngryDolphins
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
You shall fear my Dwarf Hunter bizatch..

Too bad not everyone played on the same server..

Hey..if you like MMO..check out warhammer it's gonna be sweet.
Yup warhammer looks sweeeeeeet! :shotgun:

Majpain
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Battlegrounds? I got bored after I lvled each character to lvl 8-12.

SirDrums
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
i got back into WoW about a month ago and leveled up my main to 60. Just fought and killed Rag for the first time tonight. Lots of fun. My guild is ALOT bigger than it was when i left a year ago. Thats good because I can bail out when its bed time and not leave anyone hanging.

Phin-o-rama
11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
i got back into WoW about a month ago and leveled up my main to 60. Just fought and killed Rag for the first time tonight. Lots of fun. My guild is ALOT bigger than it was when i left a year ago. Thats good because I can bail out when its bed time and not leave anyone hanging.

1st rag kill was one of the greatest wow experiences imo....especially since he wiped the floor with us for a month before we finally downed him :fire:

mor911
11-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna have to join in the "FOR THE HORDE" talk. Alliance = hoez.

FinsNCanes
11-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I guess I'm getting into WoW at the right time..

I'm going to follow this James Guide so I should be 60 within 7 to maybe 8 days play time..now..from what I understand about the arenas is you get rewards for certain BG instances, arena points that you can save up to buy epics instead of having to rely on raiding, although you will still beable to get good gear from raiding, atleast it's not the only option anymore. Not to mention flying/PvP mounts shall be the ownage :D .

Gnome or Dwarf Rogue? I like Gnome cause of Evasion (the ability where you teleport like 20 yards away), not to mention it's insta cast now, and I hear Dwarf is the best cause stoneform is pretty useful in PvP.

FinsNCanes
11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna have to join in the "FOR THE HORDE" talk. Alliance = hoez.

:(

I would re-roll on your guys server but I have 2 buddies that play on Gnome. We'll have to hook on up Warhammer though when it comes out :cooldude:

Age of Conan..eh..we'll see how that turns out.

Phin-o-rama
11-27-2006, 10:37 AM
evasion is an awesome racial ability.

mor911
11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
evasion is an awesome racial ability.and cocaine is one hell of a drug...

Phin-o-rama
11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
:yes:

FinsNCanes
11-27-2006, 10:54 AM
evasion is an awesome racial ability.

Well I was thinking Evasion and then back into stealth would be deadly, not to mention Gnomes are sweet.

ISMKED WITRICKY
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
what is the best way to get gold and dam it is hard to get somebody to help u:confused:

FinsNCanes
11-29-2006, 12:43 AM
what is the best way to get gold and dam it is hard to get somebody to help u:confused:

You'll learn nobody is gonna help you till they need your help..

Which is like lever 50+. I'll help you as soon as I start playing but you have to play on Gnomeragon. Umm, I would assume best way to get gold is just pick up everything, sell it at the auction house, start doing your tradeskills whenever you can. Honestly..just follow that guide I gave you and worry about tradeskills later on..that's what I'm going to do anyways. Read some forums to figure out best way to get gold. That's all I've been doing is reading so I'm not lost when I start out. You'll get the hang of it. Is this your first MMO?

PS - Rogue or Hunter are the fastest levelers from what I understand.

mor911
11-29-2006, 09:08 AM
You guys must be playing with stuck up alliance tards. on horde side i've never (i'm serious) had trouble finding someone to help me do something.

UltraDol-Fan
11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
the only thing i have problems with is finding people for dungeons, other than that if I see someone doing the same quest as me I just ask if I can join up and they almost always say yes....I play an undead though, maybe goes along with the whole 'stuck up alliance tards'

ISMKED WITRICKY
11-29-2006, 01:22 PM
thanks i just started a new guy ,this one is much better kind of getting the hang of it and im a horde:D

DeathStar
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
**** the horde.

UltraDol-Fan
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
thanks i just started a new guy ,this one is much better kind of getting the hang of it and im a horde:D

I started over like 5 times when I started a month or two ago :D

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
**** the horde.

o look.....a carebear, how cute :sidelol:

Motion
11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
WoW threads are so fun to read. :lol:

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Alliance = EZ Mode

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/pallysealbuff-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/1stalliancequest-1.jpg

a day in the life of alliance questers....

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/mylittlepony-1.jpg

FinsNCanes
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm dissapointed.

FinsNCanes
11-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Alliance = EZ Mode

http://www.notaddicted.com/images/isobelle/pallysealbuff.jpg

http://www.notaddicted.com/images/isobelle/1stalliancequest.jpg

a day in the life of alliance questers....

http://notaddicted.com/images/isobelle/mylittlepony.jpg

I've actually been told leveling as horde is easier due to less travel times, not to mention lots of people say the orc racials are better then Alliance, although the Dranei's should be sweet. I could be wrong though. I'll be alliance and my Gnome Hunter shall destroy you. Nothing more embarassing then being "pwned" from a 3 foot guy with pink hair now is there? I actually am already in contact with a guilde called Kindred Spirits. They're recruit thing mentioned "mature and casual play" so I like that. I really don't wanna run around with 11 year olds, not to mention their site rating for your name are beer mugs, which rocks.

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 10:12 PM
hehe, im just yankin ur chain with the pics...i saw them on this one site that is HILARIOUS ....they write these funny *** stories...mmorpg related and mostly wow...

check it out at www.notaddicted.com some are genius..some suck.

FinsNCanes
11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Phin, what are some good UI mods I should DL?

Phin-o-rama
12-03-2006, 01:31 PM
i use titan panel, and ct mod

i also use ct_raidassist but that is only needed for lvl 60 and beyond when you are doing 40 man raids....

there is a 'quickloot' mod that when you loot a corpse the loot opens right underneath where your mouse is sitting (very nice for lazy people :D )

um, hmmm...there is so many

Dolfan11
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Can anyone update me on this game? I used to play it for about 3 months when it first came out. Got a character to level 60 and realized aside from PvP, that the only point to this game once your 60 is to try and loot uber gear by spending countless hours in instances. Something I did not want to spend my time doing. I know the new expansion raises the cap to level 70 which will mean more grinding, but what happens once you're there? Same high end instances trying to loot uber gear? Just wondering where the game is at now in terms of gameplay.

FinsNCanes
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Can anyone update me on this game? I used to play it for about 3 months when it first came out. Got a character to level 60 and realized aside from PvP, that the only point to this game once your 60 is to try and loot uber gear by spending countless hours in instances. Something I did not want to spend my time doing. I know the new expansion raises the cap to level 70 which will mean more grinding, but what happens once you're there? Same high end instances trying to loot uber gear? Just wondering where the game is at now in terms of gameplay.

They implented an Arena arena and new BG for the expansion. Basically instead of raiding (like you don't want..nor do I much) you have teams of 2/3/or 5 and there is a "ladder" and at the end of every 3 months (which is a season) the top people or teams get rewards and flying mounts and ****. Anyway, in the arena and new BG (not sure about the BG) you get tokens, credits, things like that you can save up to get weapons, armor and gear and what not instead of having to raid (from what I hear it's just on par if not better then the raiding gear in the expansion).

Phin-o-rama
12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
not too mention ...40 man raids are being cut to 25 man raids...and there will be a TON of 5 man instances to run...plus you will be able to set the difficulty level of the instance to match your group's skill/gear....and the harder the lvl of difficulty the better the drops

FinsNCanes
12-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I just took an official look at the Arena thang..

It looks pretty bad *** if you ask me. I can't seem to find anything I disagree with. Although one thing is that Warlocks can summon their pet before the fight but Hunters cant? That's a little ****ty. Well..I also don't like the fact you can buff yourself/team before the fight and it doesn't count towards your mana pool, other then that it looks good.