PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing right now?

Boone
11-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm currently playing Star Wars: Knights of the old republic on the original Xbox....man this game is really great!

I was messing around with Half Life 2 on Xbox....but I'm a big Star Wars fan and couldn't resist playing....I've been putting in 3-4 hours of gameplay a day so far.

Whatcha been playin' :D

Bruzer
11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Kotor is a great game. I just got done beating, psychonauts and scarface. So now im playing top spin2 because i got nothing better at the moment.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Been playing some Guild Wars and WoW lately, with a little Splinter Cell Double Agent & Battlefield 2 on the side.

Star Wars RPG just doesnt sound right in my head, so I havnt tried KOTOR even with all of the rave reviews over it. It is made by BioWare though, and they have put out some of the best RPGs of all time(Baldur's Gate 1 & 2). I may download it to check it out next time Im craving some lightsaber action.

I do play Star Wars Battlefront 2 occasionaly as well, I really enjoy playing in huge battles on Hoth in an AT-AT with others online. The fact that when you are doing good enough online it allows you to play as Vader(or Luke, depending on which side you play) really is icing on the cake. For those who want to get straight in on the action with the heroes of Star Wars, some servers have it set up for Hero vs Hero deathmatch, which is also pretty fun itself(until you get tired of people using Push/Pull/Choke force powers more than their lightsabers :lol:)

Bruzer
11-25-2006, 08:31 PM
^^ Kotor is done very very well I think you will really like it. Probably easily one of best star wars games I have ever played.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM
^^ Kotor is done very very well I think you will really like it. Probably easily one of best star wars games I have ever played.

I did have KOTOR 2 about 45% done downloading on uTorrent, but I stopped it to work on finishing Band of Brothers DVDs & West Wing(for my stepfather).

I'll probably finish getting it sooner or later to see what all the fuss is about. :D

Bruzer
11-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Kotor 2 is better graphically but story wise Kotor 1 is better.

Majpain
11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Was just playing HL2 for PC.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Was just playing HL2 for PC.

One of my favorite games of all time right there.

I loved the first one as well for its ground-breaking single player style of gameplay. The physics and graphics of HL2 just always kept me smiling.

The boss battle while driving the hover-ride was pretty awesome for any FPS to have.

Valve> all

finfan01
11-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I was just playing World Of Warcraft.....Im a nerd..i know:goof:

But earlier today I was playing Tiger Woods 07 on my 360:up:

arsenal
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
just got gears of war yesterday and been putting in some good time with that... and still got NHL 2K7 season going with my roomate...

edit: this is all on the xbo x 360

Troysif
11-25-2006, 10:12 PM
right this second im playing Halo 2 on my 360

Miami 13
11-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Guitar Hero II and GTA Vice City Stories.

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
KOTOR is bad ***..

I'm not playing anything at the moment till I get my PC, then it's WoW from there on out till www.warhammeronline.com (http://www.warhammeronline.com) comes out next year. My social life is gonna take a hit.

NuttyFin
11-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Playing Socom CA online on my PS2 and playing Oblivion on my 360.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 10:51 PM
KOTOR is bad ***..

I'm not playing anything at the moment till I get my PC, then it's WoW from there on out till www.warhammeronline.com (http://www.warhammeronline.com) comes out next year. My social life is gonna take a hit.
Honestly I havent been all that impressed with Warhammer. It doesnt seem like they are taking the genre forward as much as they are trying to rehash what has already been done over and over again. Though I will admit its way too early to make these kind of conclusions about it.

One MMO that has me droolin in anticipation is "Age of Conan". Lots of what you would expect from a conan universe ofcoarse, but adding in things like castle seiges against opposing Guilds & defending your turf from invading npc armies is a great step in a different direction with MMOs.

Though I started playing MMO's back in early 2000 with EQ1, so maybe its just me that is bored of the vanilla MMO.

I am eagerly anticipating my first decapitation of an enemy in a MMO, this game plays more like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter than it does like WoW or EQ.

From what I have read from the developers, this is going to be the most unique game ever made in the MMO genre.

Age of Conan (http://www.ageofconan.com/conan/en/index.html)

FinsNCanes
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Honestly I havent been all that impressed with Warhammer. It doesnt seem like they are taking the genre forward as much as they are trying to rehash what has already been done over and over again. Though I will admit its way too early to make these kind of conclusions about it.

One MMO that has me droolin in anticipation is "Age of Conan". Lots of what you would expect from a conan universe ofcoarse, but adding in things like castle seiges against opposing Guilds & defending your turf from invading npc armies is a great step in a different direction with MMOs.

Though I started playing MMO's back in early 2000 with EQ1, so maybe its just me that is bored of the vanilla MMO.

I am eagerly anticipating my first decapitation of an enemy in a MMO, this game plays more like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter than it does like WoW or EQ.

From what I have read from the developers, this is going to be the most unique game ever made in the MMO genre.

Age of Conan (http://www.ageofconan.com/conan/en/index.html)

Possible..

From what I've read I think you can pick if you want to swing upwards, downwards, slash right, etc. It's the closest thing to a "twitch" MMO that is coming out. WAR is made by Mythic..who made DAOC which was successful. The graphics are similiar to WoW (yet more detailed) and the end game being geared towards RvR/PvP is something that interests me more than anything. Who knows..we'll see. Age of Conan will probably just end up like ShadowBane. Great idea, bad developement due to money. You won't see an MMO that has Street Figher gameplay for another 15 years unfortunately.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Possible..

From what I've read I think you can pick if you want to swing upwards, downwards, slash right, etc. It's the closest thing to a "twitch" MMO that is coming out. WAR is made by Mythic..who made DAOC which was successful. The graphics are similiar to WoW (yet more detailed) and the end game being geared towards RvR/PvP is something that interests me more than anything. Who knows..we'll see. Age of Conan will probably just end up like ShadowBane. Great idea, bad developement due to money. You won't see an MMO that has Street Figher gameplay for another 15 years unfortunately.

The makers of AOC are FUNCOM. The creators of Anarchy Online. You do realize that DAOC was a complete rip off from the first EverQuest right? It was so similar that it still makes me cringe thinking about it right now :tantrum:.

I dont know where you got the understanding that AOC was underfunded, but you need to do a bit more research my friend. It also recieved "Best MMO" at last year's E3, beating both Warhammer and Vanguard hands down.

We will only know for sure in due time, but I really dont see Warhammer as being anything except a rip off of WoW just like DAOC was from EQ1.

jmenjes
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Zelda: Twilight Princess, with some Metroid Prime for a change of pace.

Phinz420
11-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Zelda: Twilight Princess, with some Metroid Prime for a change of pace.

The delayed release of Zelda on the gamecube has be peeved!

Im not going to go out and buy a Wii just for Zelda :lol:, I went and did that with the gamecube for Resident Evil and Ive heard the graphics arent any better on the Wii version due to it being a port from the GC.

phinpunk14
11-25-2006, 11:47 PM
college hoops 2k7 and destroy all humans 2

PeaTearGriffin
11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Okami...Okami....Okami

Silverphin
11-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Gta: Lcs

Brown42000
11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Madden 2007

FinsNCanes
11-26-2006, 01:12 AM
The makers of AOC are FUNCOM. The creators of Anarchy Online. You do realize that DAOC was a complete rip off from the first EverQuest right? It was so similar that it still makes me cringe thinking about it right now :tantrum:.

I dont know where you got the understanding that AOC was underfunded, but you need to do a bit more research my friend. It also recieved "Best MMO" at last year's E3, beating both Warhammer and Vanguard hands down.

We will only know for sure in due time, but I really dont see Warhammer as being anything except a rip off of WoW just like DAOC was from EQ1.

Man..Anarchy Online sucked are you kidding me? You say DAOC was a rip off of EQ (most MMO rip eachother off nowadays) but if you ask me EQ was a rip off of Ultima Online, they just happened to put it into 3d and failed at balanced PvP. You could also argue the fact AC ripped off EQ and DAOC ripped off both. I just want to get back to mainly doing PvP for a reason. That is the reason I FELL IN LOVE with UO. I don't know if you had the chance to ever play it, but it honestly was the most balanced, free spirited game out there. You could literally be any kind of crafting you could think of, player housing, literally..anything you wanted, not to mention there was a real community in that game and people ACTUALLY found a way to roleplay with only one race (you had an orc clan, tribe clans, etc and so on). Imagine owning a castle or tower. Yeah, you were either a dexer or mage or tank mage/dexer healer but that's what made it fair and made you actually have to work out strategies. I remember being in a very good guild, we would take 5 guys and wreck 12 who were all the same "level" but back then it was all skill based and not levels.

You could argue AOC is a rip off of SB :D

PS - Go to the warhamer website they have about 6 "best" nominations. Maybe you could explain what the hell a best of license mmo reward is..

Link
11-26-2006, 01:25 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:D

FinSinceBirth
11-26-2006, 02:18 AM
Final Fantasy 7 on my ps2 (it's a ps one game of course)

FLOUNDER
11-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Halo 2 online

305TillIDie
11-26-2006, 02:46 AM
NCAA football 07 on ps2

playing a dynasty with Missouri..my Defense is stacked :yes:

FLOUNDER
11-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Thanks 305, i switched over to NCAA 07' also. I have a dynasty with Tennessee...Im about 5 seasons into it

rob19
11-26-2006, 03:11 AM
Fable TLC, because im excited over Fable 2. I was thinking about starting a new oblivion game too.

YM305
11-26-2006, 03:32 AM
Prince of persia

FinsNCanes
11-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Prince of Persia is ok..

Too much running around on walls and crap if you ask me though.

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Thanks 305, i switched over to NCAA 07' also. I have a dynasty with Tennessee...Im about 5 seasons into it

*shivers and makes the sound of Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake

Boone
11-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I needed a quick-fix of Halo:CE and ended up playing until 2:00 in the morning...

Joe Flipper
11-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (xbox 360)
just got the new microsoft 360 wireless wheel...so i will be playin driving games like TEST DRIVE unlimited and PGR !
Company of heroes (PC)

Im savin GOW...COD3..RAINBOW 6 vegas for the long winter :tongue:

Marino2Clayton
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Gears and College Hoops 2K7

Motion
11-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Socom CA
Scarface

Waiting on NFS: Carbon

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Socom CA
Scarface

Waiting on NFS: Carbon
I would be playing CA myself had I not stomped a hole in my PS2 some months back. :goof:(system was acting up when I was trying to play Madden 06)

I played alot of Socom 3 when it came out, and got to Admiral with alot of my clan before my PS2 went kaput.

AngryDolphins
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
WoW pc...Gears of War 360..

TheMageGandalf
11-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Medieval Total War 2 - PC

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 360

Scatman
11-27-2006, 03:59 AM
WoW pc...Gears of War 360..

same here...

plus a little wii zelda, trying to get into it.
wii sports with family has been a pretty good time too. Weird to play a tennis game with mom and both actually be really into it, box dad, bowl with 4yr old son.... just a great experince how theyve made gaming so simplified and fun cause of a controller. The wii hit the jackpot, if it wasnt for the graphics this thing would be killer.

Link
11-27-2006, 04:46 AM
same here...

plus a little wii zelda, trying to get into it.
wii sports with family has been a pretty good time too. Weird to play a tennis game with mom and both actually be really into it, box dad, bowl with 4yr old son.... just a great experince how theyve made gaming so simplified and fun cause of a controller. The wii hit the jackpot, if it wasnt for the graphics this thing would be killer.

Give it time. The Wii is more powerful then these games are showing. Its going be like it was with the Cube. The launch titles weren't exactly that impressive graphically compared to the games that came out later. Nintendo systems always see this.

Wii Sports

Wildbill3
11-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Give it time. The Wii is more powerful then these games are showing. Its going be like it was with the Cube. The launch titles weren't exactly that impressive graphically compared to the games that came out later. Nintendo systems always see this.

Wii Sportsyep just think of castlvania 3 for the original nintendo came out near the end and was damn good for 8 bit, and then zelda for the super NES.

Scatman
11-27-2006, 11:13 AM

Wii Sports

link wat do you think of wii sports?
from what i had read, i expected it to be pretty average...just kinda gimmicky. but after playing for a while with family and friends....... the game is pretty cool imo. so far its actually my favorite..it just feels right.
i also got madden, which is sweet with the remote. rayman, a ittle too kiddiash for me, but pretty fun. and zelda, which is good, just not my kinda game so its beena little hard to want to actually pick up and want to play when i can have immediate satisfaction with madden, wi sports and gears.

mor911
11-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I got to play Wii at a friends house this weekend. Wii sports is a bunch of minigames. Very gimmicky. It's probably the games Nintendo made in the process of developing the thing. Rayman is the same exact thing, a bunch of minigames. Didn't get too much face time with Zelda, but it looked cool. Madden was alright, but I can;t imagine actually doing a full season like that. Get's old after a game.

PeaTearGriffin
11-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I still can't wait to play the wii....and mostly zelda

Link
11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
link wat do you think of wii sports?
from what i had read, i expected it to be pretty average...just kinda gimmicky. but after playing for a while with family and friends....... the game is pretty cool imo. so far its actually my favorite..it just feels right.
i also got madden, which is sweet with the remote. rayman, a ittle too kiddiash for me, but pretty fun. and zelda, which is good, just not my kinda game so its beena little hard to want to actually pick up and want to play when i can have immediate satisfaction with madden, wi sports and gears.

Wii Sports was a huge suprise for me. I was not expecting it to be that good. Its a pretty solid launch title. Really it is and seems like a more polished developers demo of some of the systems features, but Nintendo did a great job in making it feel right. Bowling and Baseball are my personal favorites.

Madden NFL 07 Wii

UCFinfan86
11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
NBA 2k7 for PS2 and Fight Night 2004 PS2

retired opfinistic
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
MK: Armageddon - Resident Evil 4 - NFL Head Coach - Gran Turismo 4 all ps2

Diablo 2 (Eastern Sun Mod) on PC

FLOUNDER
11-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Madden 07 online (xbox)