PDA

View Full Version : #8 from USC

Dolfan954
11-26-2006, 02:12 AM
I'll preface this by saying I'm not a college football fan, so I don't know much about this guy...but...WOW.

I want Dwayne Jarrett on our team. THAT'S what you call a WR!

Bumrush
11-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Did you see how that DB bounced off him???

Dolfan954
11-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Absolutely. That's exactly what the Dolphins are missing. 6'5, 215 lbs sounds like a winner to me.

QrtBck13
11-26-2006, 02:20 AM
lol Mike Williams looked exactly the same!!!

305TillIDie
11-26-2006, 02:35 AM
you cant go wrong picking Jarrett or Calvin..give me either one :yes:

icephinfan
11-26-2006, 02:36 AM
you cant go wrong picking Jarrett or Calvin..give me either one :yes:

Jarrett is a beast. He will be a great NFL WR.

Vertical Limit
11-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Yup, I've been high on Jarrett all season long, and I even made a topic about drafting either him or Calvin Johnson a while back, and some people here said they don't like Jarrett because he can't run routes. :rolleyes:

This guy is a dominant receiver, period. He's been doing this for a while now. Also, unlike Mike Williams, this guy is a class act and a hard worker. He has much more upside than Mike Williams, that's for sure.

marino&clayton
11-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Mike Williams part II? No thanks. Not even nearly as dominating as Williams was. i watch every USC game; this guy has a tendency to dissapear for 2-3 quarters at a time.

PhinFan0202
11-26-2006, 02:55 AM
He reminds me of Plaxico Burress/ Keyshawn Johnson.

DolfinDave
11-26-2006, 02:57 AM
Mike Williams part II? No thanks. Not even nearly as dominating as Williams was. i watch every USC game; this guy has a tendency to dissapear for 2-3 quarters at a time.

Sounds a bit like Chambers. Maybe if we put the two together, there will always be someone around to catch the ball. Or it could work out the other way and they could both disappear at the same time. Oh well. Calvin Johnson looks pretty good also. He has great size and they said during the broadcast today that he runs a 4.3 40. I doubt he runs a flat 4.3. But if he can run anything from a 4.4 on down, he should be a very good NFL WR. There are way too many scenarios that can play out in the draft and I think there are other positions that need more attention than WR. But I wouldn't mind have a Calvin Johnson, Jarrett, Manningham, Ginn Jr., or even a Meachum from UT. I think there might be enough depth at WR in the draft to get a good one in the second round if things work out right.

WestCKoastiN
11-26-2006, 03:34 AM
yeah DJ is the bomb mike williams just sucks because of the team hes on.

Dolfan954
11-26-2006, 04:07 AM
It would be nice to have a WR on our team besdies Wes Welker who doesn't disappear in games, slip and fall repeatedly (Booker), or drop the ball...<sigh>

ManBearPig
11-26-2006, 04:39 AM
Dwayne Jarrett is NOT better than Calvin Johnson. Mike Williams doesnt just suck cuz of the team hes on. Look at Roy Williams, on the same team and still puts up numbers. Mike just doesnt have the work ethic to put himself in the upper echelon of wide recievers. And will prolly be the same with DJ, although tonight he was amazing but once again so was Mike in college. Calvin is a hard worker, posseses rare athletic ability and is loved by all his team mates more than DJ is or ever will be. But i dont even want to draft a wide reciever this year.............

BigDales7
11-26-2006, 05:28 AM
not to sound bias because im a gator, but Dallas Baker would be an amazing reciever for the fins. his hands are amazing and his vertical is out of this world. you get a guy like him on our team and nothings keepin us from racking up points. GO GATORS!

tonto_phin
11-26-2006, 06:18 AM
calling him Mike Williams is really dumb

Billshater
11-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I really like what i have seen out of Dallas Baker as well.. Every game i have seen him play it looks like he attacks the ball.. I get sick and tired of seeing wide-outs catch the ball with their body..

PhinfanUK
11-26-2006, 09:51 AM

What do you reckon Detroit would accept for Mike Williams (trade)? If he could be had for a fourth or a fifth I'd pull the trigger.

I wouldn't mind drafting Jarret because he has the physical skills to be a dominant reciever, but I'm not too hot on spending a first rounder on a reciever unless it's Calvin Johnson

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-26-2006, 10:51 AM
there's not much of a comparison with mike williams...

jason8er
11-26-2006, 12:05 PM
There is a kid here at SC named Sidney Rice. He would be my pick at WR.

Dolfan954
11-26-2006, 12:58 PM
there's not much of a comparison with mike williams...
Is that simply being a lazy analyst making the comparison because it's another 6'5 black WR @ USC? How good is he, really? I'm clueless when it comes to college ball.

Nappy Roots
11-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Is that simply being a lazy analyst making the comparison because it's another 6'5 black WR @ USC? How good is he, really? I'm clueless when it comes to college ball.

yes, their not similar at all. Mike Williams was slow with his cuts and could not get separation even in college ball. he also got lazy in the pros, which doesnt matter how much talent you have, you get lazy and more times then not your not going to be successful in the pro game.

jarrett is really good. id take cal johnson over him and every other player in the nation though. but if hes gone and jarrett is there, i would be hard pressed to pass on him.

Crowder52
11-26-2006, 01:15 PM
yes, their not similar at all. Mike Williams was slow with his cuts and could not get separation even in college ball. he also got lazy in the pros, which doesnt matter how much talent you have, you get lazy and more times then not your not going to be successful in the pro game.

jarrett is really good. id take cal johnson over him and every other player in the nation though. but if hes gone and jarrett is there, i would be hard pressed to pass on him.

You would also be hard pressed to justify that sig.

Edit: It used to be Xavier Lee

Mike13
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't mind drafting him, but OL is a much more important need.

Agent51
11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I'll preface this by saying I'm not a college football fan, so I don't know much about this guy...but...WOW.

I want Dwayne Jarrett on our team. THAT'S what you call a WR!

He is a great WR, but that ND wasn't a good measure of it, as the ND secondary is basically non-existant. The 4th string WR on DUKE could have had a game like he did against ND :lol:, that was the worst secondary play I have ever seen, including our Dolphins during the Reggie Howard "era" :shakeno:

That being said, Jarret is a great WR, and I'm not taking anything away from him, I'm just saying it was pretty much a given that he would go off against ND.

Dolfan11
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I think he looks a lot more promising than Mike Williams, but is he as slow? I think he might be in the 4.3 range, but I could be wrong.

Vertical Limit
11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
That double move Jarrett has is insane. He really creates alot of seperation with it, similar to Manningham.

Phinz4Life
12-01-2006, 10:28 AM
That double move Jarrett has is insane. He really creates alot of seperation with it, similar to Manningham.

Manningham's double move is sick, couldn't agree more.

WestCKoastiN
12-02-2006, 05:35 AM
bring DJ !

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 06:43 AM
I think he looks a lot more promising than Mike Williams, but is he as slow? I think he might be in the 4.3 range, but I could be wrong.

He isnt that fast