PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

Miami1
11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Is putting up some really good numbers as of late. Has over 3400 yards passing already. Doesnt look like his shoulder problem was as bad as people were making it out to be during the free agency period.

He still wanted too much money to come to Miami, I think if he would of been negotiable with his contract, he would of landed in Miami.

Aqua4Ever04
11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
The past is the past, I'm over the fact that we didn't get Brees. We have Culpepper and Harrington and I'm happy with them.

kzarei
11-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Guess what. Harrington will be our starter next year. He will have earned it.

TotoreMexico
11-26-2006, 09:39 PM
:deadhorse

dominizzo
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM
We shall see what Dc does Healthy next year

SCall13
I wanted Brees really bad. He's showing why. He is an exceptional leader and has as much poise as any QB in the league. He is a far better QB than Culpepper. Yeah, this comment will start a frenzy, but it's true. Everyone will start throwing out Culpepper's stats. Let me save you the trouble: I don't care. Brees, considering EVERYTHING you want in a QB, is BETTER.

Aqua4Ever04
Guess what. Harrington will be our starter next year. He will have earned it.

Daunte Culpepper is the better quarterback. Therefore, Daunte will be the starter. If Joey gets us into the playoffs it will probably be open for competition, but I still don't see Joey Harrington beating out Daunte Culpepper.

bluehaze
11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
We shall see what Dc does Healthy next year

Or not, all remains to be seen :lol:

miami234ever
11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I know man. He's probably a top 5 QB in the league right now. O well, I wanted Culpepper. We'll see how C-Pep does.

Aqua4Ever04
11-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Or not, all remains to be seen :lol:

I have to ask you. Are you going to be really upset when Daunte opens as the starter next year or will you accept it and support him?

Roman529
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Dang, Breese could maybe break Dan Marino's single season passing yards record. :eek:

BgBruthaJuvi
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
One good thing to remember to make us feel better. Brees obviously was the better choice in hindsight, for this season at least. But its all a moot point considering he demanded enough money that we would have had to cut a few key guys just to get under the cap.

SkapePhin
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
After I recently heard about how bad his injury was, I cant blame Saban for passing on him...

He had a 360 degree tear to his labrum... basically, his arm fell off.

The wrong hit could send Brees into retirement at any moment..

kzarei
11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I have to ask you. Are you going to be really upset when Daunte opens as the starter next year or will you accept it and support him?

I will only be upset if we open up the season with the wrong QB, like this year.

dominizzo
11-26-2006, 09:48 PM

LOL

Anthony D.
11-26-2006, 09:49 PM
:deadhorselol...I agree. Brees has always been a solid player overall so I am not surprised with the numbers, but just remember what our defense did to him last year and you will feel a bit better. Besides, there was and is no way to predict the future, so let's not kick ourselves in the *** too soon, okay?

Bonedoc7777
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
brees was a mistake, but how long does his shoulder have in it, there are ramifications to rotatore cuff surgery

Blitz99
11-26-2006, 09:51 PM
what would this team be like if we had brees?? 8-3 maybe?

Aqua4Ever04
11-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm still waiting Blue, I would love to see what you have to say on that topic.

bluehaze
11-26-2006, 09:53 PM

If he starts off the season like he did this one hell yes I am going to be upset as i'm sure 90% of the rest of Dolphins fans would be. He has done nothing to give me confidence in his return and until he does I will always be nervous of seeing him step on the field again.

bluehaze
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm still waiting Blue, I would love to see what you have to say on that topic.

Waiting for what? You trying to start another argument again? :deadhorse

Bonedoc7777
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
no doubt we would be alot better right now with brees, but we may have an oppurtunity to have a much younger guy if harrington continues to improve, that is a big if, and our team needs to add more young guys, just think brees may not have given us a long term QB with his shoulder

finserg
11-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I wonder if the doctors that told him his injuries were so bad are still around...:shakeno: i think they got confuse with c-pep x rays ..

Rugged Ronnie23
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM
PS Chambers SUCKS

Aqua4Ever04
11-26-2006, 10:00 PM
If he starts off the season like he did this one hell yes I am going to be upset as i'm sure 90% of the rest of Dolphins fans would be. He has done nothing to give me confidence in his return and until he does I will always be nervous of seeing him step on the field again.

No, I'm asking you if you will support him when he is named the starter. (Because he will be.) Next July in camp, when they announce Pep as the guy, will you be angry or will you support the decision?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I honestly just want to know if you support the Dolphins QB, or if you just don't like Pep.

finserg
11-26-2006, 10:01 PM

If he starts plays like this year and loses the first 2 games send him packing :mad: then i would consider him done..

Bonedoc7777
the problem with brees's shoulder injury or any shoulder injury is that it has a limited time until it wears out because of the mechanics of throwing are soo bad for it, he is good now but it may only be for two three years

kzarei
no doubt we would be alot better right now with brees, but we may have an oppurtunity to have a much younger guy if harrington continues to improve, that is a big if, and our team needs to add more young guys, just think brees may not have given us a long term QB with his shoulder

Yep, this is why I feel Harrington via this year's opportunity, will earn the starting spot next year. Everyone wants to judge Harrington's skills on the Detroit years. Gee, good thing the 49'ers didn't feel that way about Steve Young when he was with the Bucs. No, Harrington will never be as good as Steve Young, but I do believe he will continue to refine his good assets as a QB and run the offense effectively. I feel that DC's talents were intertwined with a certain style of play and supporting casts. That's all gone. I also wanted Brees as well, but now glad we have Harrington. Another reason why I think Harrington may stick is that he is healthy and we absolutely need continuity for once.

SCall13
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Yep, this is why I feel Harrington via this year's opportunity, will earn the starting spot next year. Everyone wants to judge Harrington's skills on the Detroit years. Gee, good thing the 49'ers didn't feel that way about Steve Young when he was with the Bucs. No, Harrington will never be as good as Steve Young, but I do believe he will continue to refine his good assets as a QB and run the offense effectively. I feel that DC's talents were intertwined with a certain style of play and supporting casts. That's all gone. I also wanted Brees as well, but now glad we have Harrington. Another reason why I think Harrington may stick is that he is healthy and we absolutely need continuity for once.

I agree. Good post.

bluehaze
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
No, I'm asking you if you will support him when he is named the starter. (Because he will be.) Next July in camp, when they announce Pep as the guy, will you be angry or will you support the decision?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I honestly just want to know if you support the Dolphins QB, or if you just don't like Pep.

I will support him if he plays well, I supported him at the start of this season why would that change?

How do you know he will be named the starter? You have some superpowers or something?

bluehaze
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM

Very nice post, I agree with you 100%

DonShula84
11-26-2006, 10:13 PM
what would this team be like if we had brees?? 8-3 maybe?

We could be 8-3 if the defense had played this well early on in the year. It took the whole team too long to get going and it put us in a hole.

Blitz99
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
[quote=DonShula84]We could be 8-3 if the defense had played this well early on in the year. It took the whole team too long to get going and it put us in a hole.[/quot

agreed!

Rick 1966
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I think, when people look back on this from years down the road, choosing Culpepper over Brees will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in the history of the NFL.

ih8brady
11-27-2006, 10:24 AM
We could be 8-3 if the defense had played this well early on in the year. It took the whole team too long to get going and it put us in a hole.

we might be 8-3 if not for the early season antics of one Michael Mularkey.

SpurzN703
11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
All that means is Brees is capable of playing very well. He could've gone to the Dolphins and gotten hurt on the first snap of Preseason

The past is the past

Rick 1966
11-27-2006, 02:28 PM
The past is the past

And they that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.