PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six: Vegas -- Face Mapping with XBL Vision Camera

mor911
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
I never had a need for the XBL camera till RB6 came out.

This is a cool feature. I know it's been done on PS2 ga mes via the Eye Toy, but it really does a great job putting your face on you character. It does take a little longer than I expected.. and it's only for multiplayer (single player custom characters would be awesome... You listening Ubisoft?). It's still cool to see it in action.

Setting it up by yourself is a little tricky. I recommend having a friend come take the pics for you.

Note -- You only need one camera. I bought the camera, and me and my two friends all used my cam to facemap.

Note 2 -- And for those who care, using the camera to make a custom online face is an achivement in the game :wink:

UltraDol-Fan
11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
nice, I want to give it a try but I'll probably just use my friends cam instead of buying one...I don't really want it for anything else yet

mor911
11-27-2006, 10:43 AM
nice, I want to give it a try but I'll probably just use my friends cam instead of buying one...I don't really want it for anything else yet
I bought it just for this. figured when the next run of football, baseball, basketball titles come out, soem of them might use this. That's be cool in the next madden :yes:

Phin-o-rama
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
could i take a picture of my butt and make the guys face look like a buttcrack?

mor911
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
could i take a picture of my butt and make the guys face look like a buttcrack?
My initial idea was to create a soldier that has a huge scrotem sack as a head... but their's some kind of facial recognition software in there so it knows if you're actually using a face.

Amars
11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
:lol:

Phin-o-rama
11-27-2006, 10:57 AM
lmfao.....well i've seen some peoples face that look pretty close to an *** crack LOL

UltraDol-Fan
11-27-2006, 11:22 AM
My initial idea was to create a soldier that has a huge scrotem sack as a head... but their's some kind of facial recognition software in there so it knows if you're actually using a face.

:lol:

Joe Flipper
11-27-2006, 12:11 PM
yeah...i got one also....i think it will be used in more games in the future...i also like playin UNO....it was free with the camera...gunna try it soon on line and use my camera...it was a trip getting my ugly mug on my multy player toon !!

Predaphin
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I never had a need for the XBL camera till RB6 came out.

This is a cool feature. I know it's been done on PS2 ga mes via the Eye Toy, but it really does a great job putting your face on you character. It does take a little longer than I expected.. and it's only for multiplayer (single player custom characters would be awesome... You listening Ubisoft?). It's still cool to see it in action.

Setting it up by yourself is a little tricky. I recommend having a friend come take the pics for you.

Note -- You only need one camera. I bought the camera, and me and my two friends all used my cam to facemap.

Note 2 -- And for those who care, using the camera to make a custom online face is an achivement in the game :wink:

Damn, I didn't know you could do that. Imma have to look into getting one. Just the other day, my son was saying how i'd be cool to be able to put your face on one of the tactical units in RB6. This just my be the perfect Xmas present!!!

Hey Mor, once you've added your face on there, can you still come out withe the head gear in the game????, i.e., goggles, helmet, etc.

mor911
11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Damn, I didn't know you could do that. Imma have to look into getting one. Just the other day, my son was saying how i'd be cool to be able to put your face on one of the tactical units in RB6. This just my be the perfect Xmas present!!!

Hey Mor, once you've added your face on there, can you still come out withe the head gear in the game????, i.e., goggles, helmet, etc.yes, the equipment you earn in online ranked matches all work with the custom faces :D

dolphinfan2k5
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
You think you could try and get a semi-ok picture of your guy so we can see how good its is?

mor911
11-28-2006, 10:51 AM
You think you could try and get a semi-ok picture of your guy so we can see how good its is?i'll try... but my cellphone doesn't take very good pics of the TV.

Stitches
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
i'll try... but my cellphone doesn't take very good pics of the TV.

Sounds like you need a new cell phone. :wink:

mor911
11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Sounds like you need a new cell phone. :wink:agreed, I have this piece of crap http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/strobe-phone/

Stitches
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
At least it has a color screen. Mine is almost as bad as the Zach Morris phone. Almost.

Mike13
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Holy **** thats cool.