PDA

View Full Version : Miami gets screwed again

elite14eva
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
check this out http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16108365.htm

Aqua4Ever04
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe they will put it on nationally at 1 pm.

Here is what the artcile is about for those of you who don't want to open it.

The NFL announced today that the Dec. 10 Patriots-at-Dolphins game -- which was being tentatively held for prime time on NBC -- instead will be moved to 1 p.m. on CBS as part of the league's flexible schedule plan.

dominizzo
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
WOOOW!!

Thas not fair

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-27-2006, 02:03 PM
i don't see a problem. a new orleans/dallas matchup is far more intriguing to a national audience than miami/new england.

Vertical Limit
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
New Orleans vs Dallas will be a very good game. They will both be competing for the 2nd seed and 1st week Bye of the playoffs in the NFC.

finfansince72
11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
We deserve a primetime game and so does New England. I can understand they want Dallas there but gd Im tired of watching Dallas every damn week. I mean the fn Raiders get primetime games for Gods sake.

icephinfan
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
:nono:

Rocky Raccoon
11-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I rather play during the day anyway.

COMEBACKRICKY
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
this friggin sucks... but kind of a blessing for me because i have to finals on the 11th and if it was a primtime game i would definalty watch it. but i would still rather watch it.

NJFINSFAN1
11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
check this out http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16108365.htm

I have no problem with that, 1:00PM is just dandy with me!

Prakk
11-27-2006, 05:58 PM
We still play, we still need to win the next one, and when the next one is the Pats, we still need to beat them. Dori says: "Just keep playin' that's what we do we play....."

MR NFLFAN
11-27-2006, 06:04 PM
We deserve a primetime game and so does New England. I can understand they want Dallas there but gd Im tired of watching Dallas every damn week. I mean the fn Raiders get primetime games for Gods sake.

Yesterdays NE/CHI game was moved to prime time so we've had ours.

Aqua4Ever04
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Yesterdays NE/CHI game was moved to prime time so we've had ours.

That wasn't primetime. It was national TV but not primetime. The two primetime slots during the week are Monday night and Sunday night at 5:15.

GoBills24
11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Darn.

AFC East matchups are my favorite.

Rocky Raccoon
11-27-2006, 06:24 PM
just to make a point about flex-scheduling. I'm not overly impressed with it. How many times are we going to see the Broncos on Sunday night? This week will be thier 4th Sunday Night game already...Pats, Raiders, Chargers, and now Seahawks. Not to mention they also played this past Thursday night against the Chiefs, and earlier in the season against the Ravens on Monday night.

rdhstlr23
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
It's a double-edged sword really. Before, I think every team had a PrimeTime game (on ESPN). I think the idea is good that they are putting games on that are more intriguing, more important, and pit two good teams against one another. I'm sure NBC has done enough marketing research to know that ratings will be higher with two good teams playing each other, rather than a game in which a market gets to watch it's poor team play it's only primetime game of the year.

I'm not depressed with the game. From a marketing standpoint, business standpoint, hell even an NFL fan standpoint (considering I'm not a Dolphin fan) a NO vs. Dallas matchup is great. Dallas is one of America's most watched, most followed, and a very marketable team. With the emergence of NO, the same goes for them. They're the team America roots for now. It's a great matchup. Looking at it from this week, they're two teams with better records, more on the line, and it's a matchup more people would want to see. Not to mention if Miami loses this week, they're pretty much done, if Dallas or NO loses, they're still in the hunt.

MR NFLFAN
11-28-2006, 03:34 AM
That wasn't primetime. It was national TV but not primetime. The two primetime slots during the week are Monday night and Sunday night at 5:15.

The Pats/bears match up yesterday was originally scheduled for a 1 pm start and was moved to the 4:15 slot. We've also played both a sunday and monday night game already this season.... so tell me why again why we (the pats) deserve another prime time game? Your team got to play in the turkey day game which Can't get anymore prime time than that.