PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 price cut soon. Sony wont be able to compete

Amars
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/Microsoft-readies-360-price-cut

Microsoft readies 360 price cut
10:00, Nov 27th by Neil Long
Microsoft's Robbie Bach has revealed that the firm’s priority is bringing the Xbox 360’s hardware costs down – and believes that Sony won’t be able to compete when it cuts the console's retail price.
In a report by Next-gen.biz, president of entertainment and devices at Microsoft Robbie Bach states: "Right now we are thinking about how to cost reduce the Xbox 360. That seems to be the first order of business."

And he goes on to say that because Microsoft beat Sony to market by some distance, Xbox 360 will be streets ahead when it comes to adopting an even lower price going forward.

"You have look at the economics. You have to ask the question, over the life cycle, who has the cost advantage? Who can price most effectively? Who can reach the price points quicker? That has a huge impact on what gets driven."

It may be only UK. I really dont know.

Stitches
11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't see them cutting the US cost anytime soon.

Motion
11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
:sleep:

Games, we need games.

Phinz420
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I remember hearing about this a while back. The UK will defiantly be the ones seeing the price cut, at least initially. You would have to imagine that the price cut would eventually hit US shores as well.

Still, this is a great game plan for Microsoft, and it shows the extra benefits of releasing the first console of the generation. Not only do you get a jump on game libraries and the quality of designed games, but there is a possibility of lowering the price because the manufacturing costs go down faster compared to releasing a system a year later.

UltraDol-Fan
11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I doubt we'll see a price cut here, XBox is already big here, they need to sell more in Japan and the rest of the world.

Scatman
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
theyll price cut next fall, maybe even summer depends on ps3 sales numbers....if it starts getting any where tight i think theyl throw the hammer down and make a nasty 100buck price cut.