UCFinfan86
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
isn't he coming back soon?

Timmy54
11-27-2006, 05:09 PM
UCLA is #1 in SI

Ferretsquig
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Fat chance they will be #1 for long. There is no way Ohio State can handle Tyler and Wright in the middle. They are going to need to shoot 50%+ from beyond the arc to win that game. Right now they're on top by default; everyone else has one loss or hasn't played any team of significance.

nyjunc
11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Man Ohio State #1 without Greg Oden, imagine when he starts playing

Oden being out is meaningless. OSU has played Loyola Chicago, Kent State, eastern Kentucky, San Francisco and Youngstown State. They haven't earned the top spot yet, they got it b/c they were ranked high in preseason and they have beaten all their creampuff opponents. UCLA really deserves it but OSU will be gone from the Coaches poll top spot next week b/c they play at North Carolina this week.

Amars
11-27-2006, 06:39 PM
UCLA is #1

nyjunc
11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
UCLA is #1 in the AP and OSU is #1 in the Coaches Poll.

MikeO
11-28-2006, 02:22 AM
these early polls in college basketball are meaningless on every level.

The polls come early Feb are what matters

nyjunc
11-28-2006, 07:25 AM
these early polls in college basketball are meaningless on every level.

The polls come early Feb are what matters

The polls in CBB are just for fun, in reality they don't mean anything at any time b/c they determine a Champion on the court not in the polls unlike CFB.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Ohio St looking good vs UNC.

UCFinfan86
11-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Yes and doing it without the best bigman in college in oden. I believe he is and will be that good.

FinSinceBirth
11-30-2006, 12:11 AM

So much for that :wink:

Majpain
11-30-2006, 12:29 AM
So much for that :wink:

It was a fantastic first half from the Bucks. Their freshman are WOW. Their outside shooting is outstanding. We couldnt stop UNC big man. Ohio ST lacks the defense right now. I think once we get Oden up and going we shouldnt have a problem. What a game it was tonight though.

Ferretsquig
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Reminiscent of the title team. Those guys are so talented but the defense was just aweful throughout the game. The one stretch where they picked it up, starting jumping the screens and pressuring the ball, OSU had no chance. The depth and talent is there, but Roy needs to get them to put in 40 minutes of defense...not 5. Play like that against Arizona and they'll cross the century mark.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Reminiscent of the title team. Those guys are so talented but the defense was just aweful throughout the game. The one stretch where they picked it up, starting jumping the screens and pressuring the ball, OSU had no chance. The depth and talent is there, but Roy needs to get them to put in 40 minutes of defense...not 5. Play like that against Arizona and they'll cross the century mark.

Yea that was the final minute and a half. But to say OSU had no chance is a stupid thing to say. They were up by 8 at half, largest lead was 10. If we had Greg Oden Ohio St would have won.

nyjunc
11-30-2006, 09:31 AM

I agree, the D has been awful. They have played well in spurts but ned to put together a better effort overall. That is going to be the theme all year, if they play D I don't think they can be stopped. How many wide open looks from 3 did OSU get? It was ridiculous.

Ferretsquig
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Yea that was the final minute and a half. But to say OSU had no chance is a stupid thing to say. They were up by 8 at half, largest lead was 10.

Usually helps to read the posts before you respond to them....

If we had Greg Oden Ohio St would have won.

It will be interesting to see what OSU becomes with Oden. You have to consider all the aspects that he brings, both positive and negative. On the positive side hes a great defensive presence and should be able to dominate the boards against most college players.

But Oden is no Dwight Howard. Hes not that great of an athlete, and will be exposed by guys like Hansbrough who run the court well. I think thats how teams will go after OSU....the same way people go at Shaq. Take him out of the paint and attack him off the dribble. It will be up to Oden to prove he is enough of an offensive threat that he can take the smaller college centers. Most Carolina fans will point to the Hansbrough/Oden matchup in high school. 16/13 vs 16/5, with all of 2 in the first half.

Ferretsquig
11-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree, the D has been awful. They have played well in spurts but ned to put together a better effort overall. That is going to be the theme all year, if they play D I don't think they can be stopped. How many wide open looks from 3 did OSU get? It was ridiculous.

The most depressing thing for me is the play of Terry. I can accept the offensive output, but the lousy defense is unacceptable. The team was far better off with Ginyard playing the 3. Its going to be a tough call for Roy if Terry keeps playing like this....never easy to bench your sole senior starter. The real pity is that hes throwing away a chance of a lifetime. He is one of the greatest athletes to ever come through this program and if he would just put forth some effort he would be a lottery pick. Hopefully he starts picking it up, or by ACC time he'll be a token starter at best.

nyjunc
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
The most depressing thing for me is the play of Terry. I can accept the offensive output, but the lousy defense is unacceptable. The team was far better off with Ginyard playing the 3. Its going to be a tough call for Roy if Terry keeps playing like this....never easy to bench your sole senior starter. The real pity is that hes throwing away a chance of a lifetime. He is one of the greatest athletes to ever come through this program and if he would just put forth some effort he would be a lottery pick. Hopefully he starts picking it up, or by ACC time he'll be a token starter at best.

Terry finally showed some signs of life the other night but it is frustrating knowing how good he can be and watching him disappear.