PDA

View Full Version : The way things are going, if we're looking for a DE/OLB....

Silverphin
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
We might as well draft Lamar Woodley with our first pick.

Edit: I think we will be picking in the middle of the pack. And Yeremiah Bell being the other starting safety, we should really draft Lamar Woodley for the OLB spot.

motioncityhifi
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
definitely wouldnt mind Woodley at all. Depending where we pick, guys like Ted Ginn and Patrick Willis could be possibilities as well as Pousluzny and possibly a corner too.

SR 7
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
we'll see. he reminds me of merriman the way he tackles and such.

SpencerFS
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
i want willis woodley doesnt impress me as much

Silverphin
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
i want willis woodley doesnt impress me as much

How come?

colmax
11-27-2006, 11:57 PM

Edit: I think we will be picking in the middle of the pack. And Yeremiah Bell being the other starting safety, we should really draft Lamar Woodley for the OLB spot.

Interesting, yes. But I would rather get Patrick Willis. :D

dominizzo
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Is Posluzny any good?

Dolfan4life34
11-28-2006, 12:23 AM
woodley is the better Strong side linebacker so i think we are better pff with him considering we have channing at wslb

SR 7
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
woodley is the better Strong side linebacker so i think we are better pff with him considering we have channing at wslb

yea and channing is goin to be our MLB most likely. he is good with the blitz since we keep blitzing ZT and he is pretty much being groomed very well to learn what plays to call and how to get used to sabans defense.

Not sure if Woodley is fast enough tho.

Disgustipate
11-28-2006, 12:33 AM
I am skeptical we will draft a DE/OLB high. Jason Taylor still has a few years of high level play in him, and our strongside OLB spot requires coverage ability at a level most DE-converts will never have, much less as a rookie or otherwise young player.

I think odds are they will wait, or draft someone later on and let him work as a Nickel/Dime DE in replacement of David Bowens for a while.

colmax
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
The thing is, Woodley is only 6'2" at 270 lbs. The Jason Taylor references (not necessarily in this post, but on others) are just unrealistic. Hell, at least Shawn Merriman is 6'4" and 260+. I just do not know. I like Willis. Woodley does play big in big games, though. I guess I'm just a homer.....

Disgustipate
11-28-2006, 01:06 AM
The thing is, Woodley is only 6'2" at 270 lbs. The Jason Taylor references (not necessarily in this post, but on others) are just unrealistic. Hell, at least Shawn Merriman is 6'4" and 260+. I just do not know. I like Willis. Woodley does play big in big games, though. I guess I'm just a homer.....

I dont think the dimensions really matter. Dwight Freeney is 6'1" 268 and was the most dominant pass rusher at one point, and Adalius Thomas is 6'2" 270 and has probabaly the best coverage skills of any converted DE in the league.

MrEd
11-28-2006, 01:14 AM

this all depends on what we do via free agency...plus, Crowder can always move to OLB with Pope more than adequately manning the WLB.

colmax
11-28-2006, 01:15 AM
I dont think the dimensions really matter. Dwight Freeney is 6'1" 268 and was the most dominant pass rusher at one point, and Adalius Thomas is 6'2" 270 and has probabaly the best coverage skills of any converted DE in the league.

LaMarr Woodley and Dwight Freeney are two totally different players. Freeney is the fastest DE in the league posting a legitimate 4.3. Woodley, on the other hand, fits more of the Thomas mold. Woodley possesses decent speed, but I believe his weight could be an issue. He can look sluggish at times. But is no doubt, a helluva player.....

SR 7
11-28-2006, 05:35 AM
LaMarr Woodley and Dwight Freeney are two totally different players. Freeney is the fastest DE in the league posting a legitimate 4.3. Woodley, on the other hand, fits more of the Thomas mold. Woodley possesses decent speed, but I believe his weight could be an issue. He can look sluggish at times. But is no doubt, a helluva player.....

agree wtih the woodley.

Freeney ran a 4.3? tell me ur kidding?

waht pick was he btw?

colmax
11-28-2006, 06:07 AM
agree wtih the woodley.

Freeney ran a 4.3? tell me ur kidding?

waht pick was he btw?

Nah, no joke. He is listed at 4.38, but I have heard (somewhere, I forgot) that he ran a faster time, but was on a fast surface. Obviously, working on the field turf in Indy doesn't hurt.

*1st round 2002; 11th pick overall.

SR 7
11-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Nah, no joke. He is listed at 4.38, but I have heard (somewhere, I forgot) that he ran a faster time, but was on a fast surface. Obviously, working on the field turf in Indy doesn't hurt.

*1st round 2002; 11th pick overall.

i knew it was the 11th pick!

why did he drop taht far tho if he seemed to be a monsteR? let me guess, height?

colmax
11-28-2006, 06:44 AM
i knew it was the 11th pick!

why did he drop taht far tho if he seemed to be a monsteR? let me guess, height?

I think it may have been that, plus the needs of the teams ahead. Funny how this year it took him until his 9th game to get his first full sack. He had a half a sack against Denver in the 7th game. He only has 2.5 sacks this year.

zonk4ever
11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Ot, OLB, Speed Rusher: WHOSE EVER BEST AT TIME OF SELECTION.