PDA

View Full Version : Big East Bowl Update

MikeO
11-28-2006, 02:17 AM
It is being reported in some outlets that...................

If Rutgers wins Saturday they go to the ORANGE BOWL. If they lose they end up in the TEXAS BOWL playing Oklahoma St.

West Virigina is going to the SUN BOWL to play Oregon St

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-28-2006, 03:13 AM
what about USF?

HysterikiLL
11-28-2006, 05:38 AM
what about Louisville?

MikeO
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
everything hasn't been decided yet. Just those 2.....

Also looks like the GATOR BOWL will take a Big 12 team this year to play an ACC team.

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
From the Bergen Record Today

Here are Rutgers' likely bowl destinations based on the outcome of Saturday's game at West Virginia:
If Rutgers wins: The Knights capture the Big East championship and a BCS bowl berth, most likely the Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl.
If Rutgers loses: It likely is headed to the Dec. 28 Texas Bowl in Houston to face a Big 12 team (perhaps Texas Tech, Oklahoma State or Kansas State).

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 08:57 AM
what about USF?

Papajohns.com Bowl vs Southern Miss or Tulsa

Just what I heard.

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 09:00 AM
what about Louisville?

Most people expect WV to beat Rutgers and Louisville to beat Ucon

I have seen The Sugar Bowl vs Arkansas and The Orange vs Wake forrest

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Here is SI's projections

ND does not deserve the sugar!:shakeno:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/11/27/bowl.projections.1127/index.html

Stitches
11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Here is SI's projections

ND does not deserve the sugar!:shakeno:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/11/27/bowl.projections.1127/index.html

ND doesn't deserve a BCS game at all.

Cuban Dave 9
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Papajohns.com Bowl vs Southern Miss or Tulsa

Just what I heard.
Wait...that was a joke right?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-28-2006, 11:00 AM
:nono:

oh well, at least they'll be in A bowl.

Timmy54
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
wow UF needs to win this weekend, i do not want to watch the capital one bowl.....uggg

Motion
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
FoxSports has Rutgers projected into the International Bowl in Canada

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3756322

Motion
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
wow UF needs to win this weekend, i do not want to watch the capital one bowl.....uggg
:yeahthat:

Coral Reefer
11-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow, that's one of the ugliest lineups of bowl game match ups I think I've ever seen.

What a down year in College football.

Bumpus
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
It is being reported in some outlets that...................

If Rutgers wins Saturday they go to the ORANGE BOWL. If they lose they end up in the TEXAS BOWL playing Oklahoma St.

West Virigina is going to the SUN BOWL to play Oregon St

< Repeatedly slams head into keyboard in disgusted frustration >

Lord, please grant us some semblance of a defense next season.

Motion
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow, that's one of the ugliest lineups of bowl game match ups I think I've ever seen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...127/index.html

Bad link

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Wait...that was a joke right?

nope

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
< Repeatedly slams head into keyboard in disgusted frustration >

Lord, please grant us some semblance of a defense next season.
sucks for you! :D

Cuban Dave 9
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
nope
Is the Papajohns.com bowl in lousville or something...man some of these bowl names are rediculous

DeathStar
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2664644&campaign=rss&source=NCAAHeadlines

Most college football fans were not even aware the Birmingham Bowl existed. Now the name will not get a chance to sink in. The game on Thursday was renamed the Papajohns.com Bowl after the web site of Papa John's Pizza entered into a multi-year agreement to become the title sponsor of the inaugural postseason contest.

Staged on December 23 at Birmingham's Legion Field, the Papajohns.com Bowl is one of 32 bowl games on the docket after this season. It will be contested between one team from the Big East Conference and one from Conference USA.

DonShula84
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
ND doesn't deserve a BCS game at all.

Probably true, but every projection I've seen has ND in the Sugar or the Rose. I wouldnt mind a 2nd level bowl like the Cotton Bowl or Capital One but I'm not going to apologize for the voters and computers decision. I doubt the Rose Bowl for obvious reasons. Though the history involved could be a real selling point.

MikeO
11-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Here is what Rutgers has riding on this WV game.

A Rutgers win and they go to Orange or Rose Bowl. YES, the ROSE BOWL is liking Rutgers vs Michigan more than LSU vs Michigan because of the NY TV market and the TV ratings. Especially with ABC having ONLY 1 BCS bowl this year (ROSE) and everything else on FOX.

If Rutgers wins it will be raining $100 bills in NJ this weekend.

NOW.........if WV beats Rutgers. Then Rutgers goes to the Texas Bowl, on dec 28th at 8pm vs Texas Tech or Oklahoma St. And the game is on the NFL NETWORK........and nobody will be watching that game cause most people dont even get NFL NETWORK!!!!!!

Rutgers is going to be in the OUTHOUSE or the PENTHOUSE. A lot riding on this 1 game.

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 03:14 AM
NFL Network showing bowl games? WTF, my stupid cable company doesnt offer it and I'm suffering :tantrum: :fire:

Motion
11-29-2006, 09:24 AM

A Rutgers win and they go to Orange or Rose Bowl. YES, the ROSE BOWL is liking Rutgers vs Michigan more than LSU vs Michigan because of the NY TV market and the TV ratings. Especially with ABC having ONLY 1 BCS bowl this year (ROSE) and everything else on FOX.

NOW.........if WV beats Rutgers. Then Rutgers goes to the Texas Bowl, on dec 28th at 8pm vs Texas Tech or Oklahoma St. And the game is on the NFL NETWORK........and nobody will be watching that game cause most people dont even get NFL NETWORK!!!!!!

Rutgers is going to be in the OUTHOUSE or the PENTHOUSE. A lot riding on this 1 game.

Wow, thats quite a difference.

MikeO
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
NFL Network showing bowl games? WTF, my stupid cable company doesnt offer it and I'm suffering :tantrum: :fire:

NFL Network has 2 bowl games.

Next year they start airing COLLEGE FOOTBALL games on a weekly basis.

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
NFL Network has 2 bowl games.

Next year they start airing COLLEGE FOOTBALL games on a weekly basis.

I have it, but thats crap.

MikeO
11-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I have it, but thats crap.

Why is it crap??? They want to air games so they paid more money and are buying college games to air.

Their allowed. This is America!

If your cable company won't air the network get pissed at them, not the nfl network!

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Why is it crap??? They want to air games so they paid more money and are buying college games to air.

If your cable company won't air the network get pissed at them, not the nfl network!

That's who I am mad at. You hear that Time Warner?

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:46 AM

Because they are the NFL Network, why should they show college games?

I could understand the Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl, Shrine Game, etc.... But not regular games.

I'm not pissed at anyone, I have Directv with NFL Network and ESPN Gameplan (I've watched every single Gators game the last 3 years), just doesn't make sense to me. Now if they show more Gators games and I don't have to pay for ESPN Gameplan, I'm all for it! :lol:

I wonder how many big games they will get?

Timmy54
11-29-2006, 11:47 AM
get dish or direct TV, cable charges way too much anyway

MikeO
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Because they are the NFL Network, why should they show college games?

Why not air college games??? They can't just air 24 hours of NFL football. Gotta mix it up once in a while.

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
We need the NCAA Network :D

Timmy54
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM

yeah so they can not give reggie nelson any love either!!!:sidelol:

they have ESPN U but they hate the gators too.

MikeO
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Uh, we have it. CSTV

Timmy54
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
i havent watched CSTV very often, is it any good.?

MikeO
11-29-2006, 12:13 PM
i havent watched CSTV very often, is it any good.?

When it started off it was junk.

Now CBS and the NCAA have teamed up with them on a ton of stuff and its a lot better

Motion
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Wasn't aware of that. Have to look into it.

NJFINSFAN1
11-29-2006, 05:45 PM

I told you the Rose was looking at them! IF they win, the Rose would do a monster rating with them in it.

MikeO
11-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I told you the Rose was looking at them! IF they win, the Rose would do a monster rating with them in it.

Yeah but the ROSE is also affraid that Mich would kill them and hte game would be over by halftime with TV tubes flipping around the dial.

Nothing is set in stone, but IF Rutgers wins Saturday.........the Rose is a possibility.

It's either Rutgers or LSU in the Rose it looks like.

FLOUNDER
11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Mike-O, are you for certain WVU will play Oregon St. in the Sun Bowl, or is this just another prediciton???

MikeO
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Mike-O, are you for certain WVU will play Oregon St. in the Sun Bowl, or is this just another prediciton???

From what I read and heard its about 80% a done deal

King Felix
11-30-2006, 02:02 AM
west virginia would lose too.

Miami1
12-01-2006, 01:33 AM
I would love to see Rutgers the Orange or Sugar bowl. That program has come such a long way. Hope they beat WV

305TillIDie
12-01-2006, 01:47 AM
USF in a bowl? kool :yes:

HurriPhin
12-01-2006, 03:40 AM
yeah so they can not give reggie nelson any love either!!!:sidelol:

they have ESPN U but they hate the gators too.

It's a Florida thing. The other 49 states wouldn't understand.

Stitches
12-01-2006, 09:10 AM
west virginia would lose too.

I hope Hawai'i wipes the floor with Oregon state this weekend.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 05:39 AM
I hope Hawai'i wipes the floor with Oregon state this weekend.:lol:

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
WAY IT LOOKS NOW............................

L'ville to the Orange

Rutgers to the TEXAS BOWL (Dec 28th, 8pm on NFL Network)

WV most likely to the Sun Bowl

Pitt most likely to the INTERNATIONAL BOWL in Toronto

USF and Cincy will be in PapaJohns and Meinke Car Care bowls. Don't know which one will take which one

finswin56
12-03-2006, 11:58 AM
WAY IT LOOKS NOW............................

L'ville to the Orange

Rutgers to the TEXAS BOWL (Dec 28th, 8pm on NFL Network)

WV most likely to the Sun Bowl

Pitt most likely to the INTERNATIONAL BOWL in Toronto

USF and Cincy will be in PapaJohns and Meinke Car Care bowls. Don't know which one will take which oneReally? All the talk during the game was that if WV won they'd go to the Gator Bowl.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 12:00 PM
USF and Cincy will be in PapaJohns and Meinke Car Care bowls. Don't know which one will take which one
i think the meineke one would take cincinnati since they had USF last year.

MikeO
12-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Really? All the talk during the game was that if WV won they'd go to the Gator Bowl.

Maybe the Gator switched their mind. I missed that.

Gator can take either a BIG EAST or BIG 12 team. They were leaning to BIG 12 cause they thought they could get a 3 loss Texas team, maybe they want a BIG EAST now if they can't get Texas

How it work is out of 4 years, the GATOR must take 2 big east and 2 big 12 teams (to play an ACC team). So, say the GATOR this year takes WV and next year takes L'ville........then the following 2 years the GATOR MUST take Big 12 teams each year. And the Sun Bowl gets the leftover team.

Gator might not get the Big 12 team they want so maybe WV is back in the mix.

MikeO
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
i think the meineke one would take cincinnati since they had USF last year.

Probably then. I forgot about that.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe the Gator switched their mind. I missed that.

Gator can take either a BIG EAST or BIG 12 team. They were leaning to BIG 12 cause they thought they could get a 3 loss Texas team, maybe they want a BIG EAST now if they can't get Texas

How it work is out of 4 years, the GATOR must take 2 big east and 2 big 12 teams (to play an ACC team). So, say the GATOR this year takes WV and next year takes L'ville........then the following 2 years the GATOR MUST take Big 12 teams each year. And the Sun Bowl gets the leftover team.

Gator might not get the Big 12 team they want so maybe WV is back in the mix.The Gator Bowl president was on the radio, and said some things might be changing in regards to the ACC participation.

The Gator is NOT happy about taking an ACC team it just saw a few weeks earlier in the ACC championship, in the same stadium. Especially when that team didn't sell many tickets.
IDK, when/if the changes will take place, but I know the Gator Bowl president, Rick Catlett, isn't happy about the current ACC situation.

LouPhinFan
12-03-2006, 12:27 PM
I think the Gator Bowl people are really gunning for Texas. When you think about it, they had better get them now because they never know when they will get a shot at them again.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I think the Gator Bowl people are really gunning for Texas. When you think about it, they had better get them now because they never know when they will get a shot at them again.Between Texas and WV, I'd rather see WV, but that's probably just me.

I'd REALLY like to see both teams play.

LouPhinFan
12-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Between Texas and WV, I'd rather see WV, but that's probably just me.

I'd REALLY like to see both teams play.

No doubt. By the bowl game Pat White will be healthy and their offense will be back at full force. It was pretty evident over that past few games that he is the player that makes their offense the most dangerous. They weren't the same offense after he got hurt and sat out last night's game. If White had played last night, that game wouldn't have even needed 1 overtime, muchless 3 overtimes.

I'm just thankful that the Cards don't have to worry about it. All they have to worry about is if they are going to get picked by the Sugar or the Orange Bowls!:clap:

MikeO
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
The Gator Bowl president was on the radio, and said some things might be changing in regards to the ACC participation.

The Gator is NOT happy about taking an ACC team it just saw a few weeks earlier in the ACC championship, in the same stadium. Especially when that team didn't sell many tickets.
IDK, when/if the changes will take place, but I know the Gator Bowl president, Rick Catlett, isn't happy about the current ACC situation.

He shouldn't be, now GT could go back to Jacksonville to play again???? After that miserable performance yesterday why does the GATOR BOWL want them back in that stadium!They don't but are stuck in a way! Especially in a weak ACC this year. Who else do ya take?

MikeO
12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm just thankful that the Cards don't have to worry about it. All they have to worry about is if they are going to get picked by the Sugar or the Orange Bowls!:clap:

L'ville should be sick today. If they don't go offsides on that FG and that RUTGERS game goes to OT. They could win and could be playing Ohio St.

When USC lost yesterday, first thing I thought of was L'ville. Cause that would have put them in that game with NO DEBATE!!! But they blew it!

finswin56
12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
He shouldn't be, now GT could go back to Jacksonville to play again???? After that miserable performance yesterday why does the GATOR BOWL want them back in that stadium!They don't but are stuck in a way! Especially in a weak ACC this year. Who else do ya take?That's the problem with the ACC Championship being held at the same site as the Gator Bowl. If Clemson had finished a little stronger they would have been a good option. BC is a good team, but the GB doesn't want them due to their expected willingness to travel.
The GB President really sounded like he wanted to have the option of removing the ACC team from a must pick. He actually made it sound like the GB didn't have to choose an ACC team, but he didn't outright say that.