PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting fallout at Miami?

Marino2Clayton
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Rumbings are comming out of Miami that the firing of Larry Coker will lead several top recruits to look around.

The first to officially admit to doing so is the #1 prep school player in the country, RB Craig Cooper.

Rivals on the Cooper situation (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=613162)

DeathStar
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
:boohoo:

the guy could recruit but couldn't coach the players.

Motion
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Rumbings are comming out of Miami that the firing of Larry Coker will lead several top recruits to look around.

The first to officially admit to doing so is the #1 prep school player in the country, RB Craig Cooper.

Rivals on the Cooper situation (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=613162)

Come on up to Gainesville Mr. Cooper, we could really use you!

Marino2Clayton
11-28-2006, 02:30 PM

The Gators may get a big RB signing Friday with Hialeah's Armando Allen (http://tennessee.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=38694) announcing Friday. Rivals has Allen as the country's #2 all purpose back

Its supposed to be either Florida or Notre Dame with Tennessee being a longshot.

Motion
11-28-2006, 02:33 PM
The Gators may get a big RB signing Friday with Hialeah's Armando Allen (http://tennessee.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=38694) announcing Friday. Rivals has Allen as the country's #2 all purpose back

Its supposed to be either Florida or Notre Dame with Tennessee being a longshot.

:woot:

MikeO
11-28-2006, 02:40 PM

This is why when people were saying that firing Coker was the best day in the history of the program.......it's not. Sure, he had to go. But, it's not a great day!!

Because stuff like this occurs and it takes a few years to rebound when you FIRE a head coach.

Oboy
11-28-2006, 02:42 PM
:woot:
From some of the reports I saw UM had a good class so far. I hope they were all in love with Coker and decide to go to UF instead! :wink:

Motion
11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
From some of the reports I saw UM had a good class so far. I hope they were all in love with Coker and decide to go to UF instead! :wink:

Meyer's forming a pretty good class himself.

Alex44
11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
This is why when people were saying that firing Coker was the best day in the history of the program.......it's not. Sure, he had to go. But, it's not a great day!!

Because stuff like this occurs and it takes a few years to rebound when you FIRE a head coach.

Do you think it will really matter all that much if we lose a couple players? I really dont.

Believe it or not we have enough talent to win next year with just a decent recruiting class, but we need a coach that can come up with a winning gameplan week to week and Coker wasnt going to do that

Motion
11-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Do you think it will really matter all that much if we lose a couple players? I really dont.

Believe it or not we have enough talent to win next year with just a decent recruiting class, but we need a coach that can come up with a winning gameplan week to week and Coker wasnt going to do that

Alot of it will depend on who his replacement is IMO. Some players may wait to see who that is.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Alot of it will depend on who his replacement is IMO. Some players may wait to see who that is.
:yeahthat:

which is why i think they go after a real big name...but i wonder who? :hmmm: actually i don't care. :woot: for armando allen!

Cuban Dave 9
11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
We need to get Noel Divine...UF that is

Caps
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
It's to be expected, when you don't have a HC in place of course the recruits will get antsy. When the new HC is announced we'll lose a few guys for sure, but he'll bring a few guys no one even thought of with him too.

Good thing we already have our starting RB in place for the next 2-3 years.

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Welcome to Rutgers young men!!!!:wink:

Caps
11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Welcome to Rutgers young men!!!!:wink:

Welcome to Miami Greg Schiano!!!!:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
11-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome to Miami Greg Schiano!!!!:wink:

Nah, he is waiting for Penn state.

DonShula84
11-28-2006, 07:05 PM

I've read that UF has so many recruits and are holding some scholarships for good players that still have UF on their short list. They may even have to take some of the early commits scholarship offers away I read to make room for more blue chippers. It'd be pretty shaddy if they did that but they do have a lot of commits already and a lot of players still out there. I doubt UF will do this but I dont see them recruiting many more people until they've heard from some of kids they've already offered.

Jaydog57
11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm sure we'll get somebody good that will turn the program around. If players want to come to the U, welcome aboard. If not, their loss as far as I'm concerned.:rolleyes:

305TillIDie
11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Coker's firing not hurting UM's recruiting

The firing of coach Larry Coker last week sent recruiting shock waves around the nation.
The jolt, however, apparently was not strong enough to make the University of Miami's latest quarterback recruit change his mind -- unlike the previous three.
Mike Fanuzzi, the father of U.S. Army All-American quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, said Monday his son, who goes to Churchill High in San Antonio, is sticking by his word and plans to sign with the Hurricanes despite other potential coaching changes.
''He likes the program of Miami, likes the city, likes the tradition, so forth,'' said Mike Fanuzzi, a former quarterback at Kentucky whose son also has an offer from Kentucky. ``He's gotten a lot of schools who have called, written letters. With Coach Coker being fired, some people have probably had more contact. But Nick is still a Miami commit. We'll wait and see what coach comes in.''

'I really would like going to a winning team. But if I chose Miami I'll probably help turn the program around,' said Miami Northwestern star running back Antwain Easterling (3).
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/259572278834-1.jpg

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16111838.htm

:wink:

Alex44
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Coker's firing not hurting UM's recruiting

The firing of coach Larry Coker last week sent recruiting shock waves around the nation.
The jolt, however, apparently was not strong enough to make the University of Miami's latest quarterback recruit change his mind -- unlike the previous three.
Mike Fanuzzi, the father of U.S. Army All-American quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, said Monday his son, who goes to Churchill High in San Antonio, is sticking by his word and plans to sign with the Hurricanes despite other potential coaching changes.
''He likes the program of Miami, likes the city, likes the tradition, so forth,'' said Mike Fanuzzi, a former quarterback at Kentucky whose son also has an offer from Kentucky. ``He's gotten a lot of schools who have called, written letters. With Coach Coker being fired, some people have probably had more contact. But Nick is still a Miami commit. We'll wait and see what coach comes in.''

'I really would like going to a winning team. But if I chose Miami I'll probably help turn the program around,' said Miami Northwestern star running back Antwain Easterling (3).
http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/16111/259572278834.jpg

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16111838.htm

How good is that QB kid supposed to be?

305TillIDie
11-28-2006, 10:10 PM
How good is that QB kid supposed to be?the QB Miami is recruiting is one of the top QB's in the Nation..same with the West running back pictured

Coker's firing wont hurt recruiting..HS kids in miami, Broward sees:

Egderrin James, Portis, McGahee, Shockey, Bubba Franks, Ed Reed, Sean taylor, Santana Moss and others come back and work out at the U..kids see that ALL the time..it wont hurt recruiting...dont listen to the The U doubters

ChambersWI
11-28-2006, 10:22 PM
the QB Miami is recruiting is one of the top QB's in the Nation

Define top because he's beind Claussen,Mallett,Korn,Brantley,Thompson, and Bostick for sure.

Nappy Roots
11-28-2006, 10:38 PM

thats a good thing about having so much history in a program. if your bad, recruits will want to come and help turn it around.

if your bad and have no history, you just plain **** outta luck.

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 01:16 AM
It not affecting 1 QB, that doesnt mean it wont hurt you guys. I know of one player who had a visit with UM scheduled and canceled when Coker got fired.

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 01:36 AM
It not affecting 1 QB, that doesnt mean it wont hurt you guys. I know of one player who had a visit with UM scheduled and canceled when Coker got fired.Van Dyke from Pace...thats the only recruit gone

Miami will get playmaking recruits..im not worried at all..HS players down here all dream about coming to their hometown team

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Van Dyke from Pace...thats the only recruit gone

Miami will get playmaking recruits..im not worried at all

They will definitely still get recruits. I know Martez Wilson called off his visit to UM and is instead going to visit Michigan. He's a 5 star recruit and the #2 DE in the country and a lot of people thought UM was high on his list early on in the year. So Van Dyke isnt the only recruit. No one can say how big of a negative or positive effect it will have at this point though

Alex44
11-29-2006, 01:44 AM
They will definitely still get recruits. I know Martez Wilson called off his visit to UM and is instead going to visit Michigan. He's a 5 star recruit and the #2 DE in the country and a lot of people thought UM was high on his list early on in the year. So Van Dyke isnt the only recruit. No one can say how big of a negative or positive effect it will have at this point though

We have a lot of returning players though, so with a good gameplanning coach and a semi-decent recruiting class we will be fine for this year, thats why Im not worried

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Define top because he's beind Claussen,Mallett,Korn,Brantley,Thompson, and Bostick for sure.

He isnt one of the top 25 dual threat QBs, count in the Pro Style and he isnt on the radar. According to Rivals anyway, Scouts has him ranked 23rd amongst QBs

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 01:48 AM
We have a lot of returning players though, so with a good gameplanning coach and a semi-decent recruiting class we will be fine for this year, thats why Im not worriedyeah, Shields and James..Greg Olsen & Jon Beason said they might enter the draft..I hope those two guys stay and help the younger kids next year..it looks like we have a bunch of young guys coming back

Alex44
11-29-2006, 01:51 AM
yeah, Shields and James..Greg Olsen & Jon Beason said they might enter the draft..I hope those two guys stay and help the younger kids next year..it seems like we have a bunch of young guys coming back

Olsen should stay, he really didnt have a good year and probably wont be a first or second rounder (unless he has a great combine) if he comes into the draft this year. If he stays next year and plays well he will be a first rounder though

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Olsen should stay, he really didnt have a good year and probably wont be a first or second rounder (unless he has a great combine) if he comes into the draft this year. If he stays next year and plays well he will be a first rounder thoughOslen had a horrible year..he showed up at the end of the year..as for Beason, I think he should stay too..he had injuries that set him back this year and last..if he came out, he would be in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th round..him and T-Good has to stay

If Pata was still here, i heard he was in between the 2nd and 3rd round..man i wish he was here

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Olsen should have stayed at ND is what he should have done :)

Cuban Dave 9
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
We need to get Noel Divine...UF that is
nevermind...send him to Miami or FSU

Coral Reefer
11-29-2006, 04:04 PM
nevermind...send him to Miami or FSU

:lol:

Timmy54
11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
no we want noel in gainesville, meyer will keep him straight.

DonShula84
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Three men, including a star member of Northwestern Senior High's football team, were arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious battery this afternoon by Miami police.
Miami police detectives said they arrested Antwaine Easterling, 19, and two other men -- a 16-year-old and Jefferson Vincent Shannon, 24 -- after receiving a complaint of ``improper sexual conduct between a young lady and several men.''

oops

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16186695.htm

HysterikiLL
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
oops

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16186695.htm

Shannon has been hired for 10 mins and the swagger is back! :lol:

Celtkin
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Join us at Canesheaven.com (http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/) to discuss the hiring of Randy Shannon at the new HC at THE U