PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright's NFL Draft Countdown New Mock Up

Kyfinsfan
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

I like his coverage of the draft and based on the last 2-3 years he does a good job. Your thoughts - I don't like the Pitcock pick by the way, beacuse he doesn't fill the biggest need in the DL - Space eating, pocket pushing NT - just don't see many Planet Thoery guys available when we draft (Branch will be gone). I would much prefer an OT in the 1st round if available (Thomas - gone by our pick; Baker - I like him; Long- I love him given were we may be picking, but does he come out; Gaither - I like the measureables, but haven't seen enough on film to be in love with picking him...I am warming though, those in the know seem to rave about him, again does he come out?).

nando03
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I like us picking DT in the draft. However we should be praying that Alan Branch falls to us. I mean we are looking for a NT type guy to play in that 3-4. Pitcock is just too small for that. Branch is 6'6" 325. Maybe Cleveland will take Pitcock instead. haha

Agent51
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Wow, that Adrian Peterson to the Texans pick is good, that will make them forget about Bush pretty quick. I see Adrian transferring over to the NFL much better than Bush, he tends to pick up a lot more of the tough yards, but still has the flashy moves too. The only concern is his durability, but if he stays healthy he's a better pick than Bush IMO. It's be funny if he's there when they pick and they pass him up for an overrated DE to play opposite Mario Williams :lol:

Agent51
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Also, I notice a LOT of Dolphins' fans calling for a WR. Just going by THIS mock and assuming it is what will happen (I know it will greatly change, but I'm talking hypothetical here), how many of you would want Saban to trade up one spot and grab Ted Ginn Jr over the DT it has us taking? Remember, this is assuming the draft goes EXACTLY like that mock, so no saying "well I think he'd slip anyway so we wouldn't have trade" or anything like that.

Also, no Troy Smith in round 1, but JaMarcus Russell is going 7th to Tampa Bay?!? Now, I personally think Troy Smith is overrated, but he is a good player and, while I admittedly haven't folloed LSU much this year, Smith seems to have done a lot more than Russell this season (and last if I remember correctly), plus Smith is a lock for the Heisman (:fire:) and Russell was never even in the running, so how is Russell going 7th and Smith isn't even listed :confused:

Alex44
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Ginn is one of my top over rated players, the guy is fast but doesnt do anything else (other than return kicks) all that well.

I love Troy Smith, his height could be a problem but he has everything else. I have no clue why ANYONE would take Russell that high

Agent51
11-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Ginn is one of my top over rated players, the guy is fast but doesnt do anything else (other than return kicks) all that well.

I love Troy Smith, his height could be a problem but he has everything else. I have no clue why ANYONE would take Russell that high

I'm no Ginn fan either, I too think he's overrated, and I definately don't want a WR in round 1, but I was just asking the members who are pulling for WR in round 1 what they'd think.

Also, I hate Troy Smith (he beat my Longhorns and I hate OSU almost as much as USC), but I just don't get why Russell is listed at 7 and Smith isn't even IN round 1? I'm not saying Smith is a great player, or even SHOULD be in round 1, but judging by how much people are raving over him, calling him the "next Vince Young" and all that, I would expect him to be there, and close to the top. Hell, Vince went what, 3rd or 4th last year (can't remember which number the Titans had) and people this year are calling Troy BETTER than Vince (I don't think so, but I might be a tad bit bias since Vince was a Longhorn, lol), so it's odd to me that he's not even there

Alex44
11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm no Ginn fan either, I too think he's overrated, and I definately don't want a WR in round 1, but I was just asking the members who are pulling for WR in round 1 what they'd think.

Also, I hate Troy Smith (he beat my Longhorns and I hate OSU almost as much as USC), but I just don't get why Russell is listed at 7 and Smith isn't even IN round 1? I'm not saying Smith is a great player, or even SHOULD be in round 1, but judging by how much people are raving over him, calling him the "next Vince Young" and all that, I would expect him to be there, and close to the top. Hell, Vince went what, 3rd or 4th last year (can't remember which number the Titans had) and people this year are calling Troy BETTER than Vince (I don't think so, but I might be a tad bit bias since Vince was a Longhorn, lol), so it's odd to me that he's not even there

I dont think Troy is better than Vince either, but I dont think this draft is as strong as last years (at least in the top 15 picks) I just have never seen anything to make me think Russel was all that great, last year when he was out they played better....

Quinn
Smith
Brohm

Then maybe Russel....I might even put Henne before him to. Ive never really seen anyone that high on Russel.

bigchub22
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
we wouldnt look at Puz if he was still available at that time I bet we would?

BigDogsHunt
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I would choose Baker for OL (LT) over Pitcock and DT.

Caps
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Don't like the pick. If the draft went down like that, I would take Sam Baker, Justin Blalock, Tank Tyler, LaRon Landry, or Patrick Willis over him. We've already got a lot of youth at DE/DT. Roth is a future starter, and you have to think that out of either Vickerson or either of the Wright Bros. one of the three will step it up, with an eye particularly on Rodrique.

SQuinn17
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I dont think Troy is better than Vince either, but I dont think this draft is as strong as last years (at least in the top 15 picks) I just have never seen anything to make me think Russel was all that great, last year when he was out they played better....

Quinn
Smith
Brohm

Then maybe Russel....I might even put Henne before him to. Ive never really seen anyone that high on Russel.
thats pretty funny.

MustangFinFan
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
did u read that Marcus THomas from Florida was dismissed from Florida. Knowing Saban, he likes to take guys who fall far, or who have issues...Marcus Thomas was a solid DT, and if his stock falls all the way to 4th thru 7th...hes gonna be a steal, hes a 1st/2nd round talent, so i hope Saban keeps an eye on him.

PhinFan0202
11-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, or "Poz" would be my choice.

IdahoPhin
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
If the dolphins are 5-6 and the steelers are 4-7 why do they have us picking before the steelers? Did I miss a swap of picks?

Jay131866
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Poz all the way if he is still there...we def need a solid LB before another DL

Alex44
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
thats pretty funny.

Not sure which part is funny so I'll just defend both

Last years draft you Vince Young, Matt Leinart, D-Brick, Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Jay Cutler, Donte Whitner, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk.

That class was far stronger at the top

And as for Russel

He has never done anything impressive, he has a strong arm but even some LSU fans dont like him for the fact he makes the worst decisions at the worst times. IMO not first round worthy.

jim1
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM

I like his coverage of the draft and based on the last 2-3 years he does a good job. Your thoughts - I don't like the Pitcock pick by the way, beacuse he doesn't fill the biggest need in the DL - Space eating, pocket pushing NT - just don't see many Planet Thoery guys available when we draft (Branch will be gone). I would much prefer an OT in the 1st round if available (Thomas - gone by our pick; Baker - I like him; Long- I love him given were we may be picking, but does he come out; Gaither - I like the measureables, but haven't seen enough on film to be in love with picking him...I am warming though, those in the know seem to rave about him, again does he come out?).

Pitcock Schmitcok- Ted Ginn one place above! Woodley, Willis, Pozlunsky (maybe, not thrilled with him). Brian Brohm anyone? Levi Brown?

oldfinfan
11-28-2006, 06:10 PM

rather go for posluzny or even brohm...how about the running back from louisville...he got hurt and was out all season. i still believe we need another rb to backup brown. i am not a sammy fan.

Ozfin77
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I really enjoy Scott's analysis and mock drafts, but I cant understand why he would have us taking a guy like Pitcock, when you have players like "Poz", Baker, Brown, Willis, Landry, Jarrett still on the board.

The pick doesnt make sense considering the players we currently have on the roster and I would be really disappointed if this were to happen.

Crowda
11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
What do you guys think about us taking Sam Baker out of USC? He's a junior and I guess if we pick around 10-12 that could be a reach. But he has protected J.D. Booty and Matt Leinart pretty well and would be a nice addition to our O-line.

shanem40
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
we need an ot

Kyfinsfan
11-28-2006, 07:36 PM
I really enjoy Scott's analysis and mock drafts, but I cant understand why he would have us taking a guy like Pitcock, when you have players like "Poz", Baker, Brown, Willis, Landry, Jarrett still on the board.

The pick doesnt make sense considering the players we currently have on the roster and I would be really disappointed if this were to happen.

I agree, and it is very unlike him. Usually he does his homework. I think right now he is just doing some rudementary player/value/need analysis at this point. Unlike much of the discussion on here (and in VIP - shameless plug if you haven't joined - do it!), he hasn't thought through the DL need and the youth that we have at the position. Our young need is the at the NT postion. Pitcock is a one gap tackle, not a 2 gap tackle, NT possibility - he doesn't fit our scheme very well = NO WAY WE PICK HIM, but he may go in the mid-1st, just not to us. Again, same thing with his JaMarcus Russell love-in...Wright posted similar sentiments in his blog about 2 weeks ago. I think he is merely putting the Russell name out there because HE views Russell as better than Brohm and the other juniors...won't matter much because I don't think Brohm leaves, JaMarcus may be the only Junior to declare. Let's remember that it is VERY EARLY (many on the upper board that Mocks are pointless until about March). I think his take is interesting on the Long/Baker analysis however. I was under the impression that Baker was generally regarded as the better player (not by me, but by most).

ChambersWI
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Scott has said his mocks won't be that accurate until he knows for sure who is declaring, and where people will be picking. He has some juniors on the list because everybody thinks those guys will declare, but there are a lot of juniors that could really shake up the draft.

Even so, Pitcock is not a good pick. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Good value in the 2nd round, horrible pick in the first round.

HysterikiLL
11-28-2006, 11:07 PM

I am also not so high on Ginn Jr. I feel he's not going to be big enough to stay healthy and possess the dominance of a Santana Moss. He has great speed and play making ability -- but he's similar to Reggie Bush in that he is truely a threat when given space -- and space is much easier to find in a top college offense than in the NFL - see Reggie Bush in the Saints system for proof.

As for Russell, Scott Wright is infamously all over his jock. I like Russell, but nowhere near as much as Scott 'Jamarcus' mom' Wright does.

I hate the Pitcock pick by the way. I think he is overrated. I would prefer to take Frank Okam over Pitcock if he indeed decides to leave school earily -- although that is doubtful.

tonto_phin
11-28-2006, 11:16 PM
enough DT's already

even WR is a bigger need

now if a NT is the BPA, that is a different story

Vertical Limit
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Russell plays similar like Culpepper. Stay away from that. =/

TexanPhinatic
11-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Russell plays similar like Culpepper. Stay away from that. =/

Amen!!

Though I would love to pick up Brohm or Troy Smith in that spot. I really think Smith is underrated due to his size. Yeah hes small, but guess what, who wouldnt want Drew Brees as our QB right now and hes just as small as Smith. Height can be overcome, especially with a mobile QB who can be effective out of the pocket. The guy just makes good throws, smart decisions, and shows the ability to read and disect a defense. Small, but with a killer instinct. I also see "running" QBs getting undervalued here. Many FinFans were screaming about how we shouldnt touch Vince Young, well the guy might be the player of the draft (id say only Colston is a challenger atm).

BTW, what about John David Booty? Is he not going to be draft eligible? The guy played really well against ND. Im guessing hes a fresh/sophmore though as there is no talk about him.

If we dont go QB, I think wed have to really look at Puz the PS linebacker. Its a good need pick and we would get a major impact player. Landry is out, we dont need a safety. Could see Willis or someone like that going as well though. Also the OL is a possibilty, especially Baker, the OT out of USC. Though with the way the line has come together, the only offensive players i really see as a possibility are the QBs and MAYBE Dwayne Jarrett, I really like him, we could use a pair of hands with glue on them.

Nappy Roots
11-29-2006, 12:44 AM
i dont like the pick. im not a pitcock fan.

as for Ginn. i really think hes a better route runner then yall are giving him credit for. i really think he is going to be good in the NFL. i think this years WR class(at the top atleast 1st and 2 rounds) is going to be the best in years.

Alex44
11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
i dont like the pick. im not a pitcock fan.

as for Ginn. i really think hes a better route runner then yall are giving him credit for. i really think he is going to be good in the NFL. i think this years WR class(at the top atleast 1st and 2 rounds) is going to be the best in years.

Take out Calvin Johnson and I think its pretty mediocre at best, a bunch of role players but no true game changers other than Jarret

Nappy Roots
11-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Take out Calvin Johnson and I think its pretty mediocre at best, a bunch of role players but no true game changers other than Jarret

well obviously if you dont like ginn to much then you wont think its a great class.

Alex44
11-29-2006, 12:51 AM
well obviously if you dont like ginn to much then you wont think its a great class.

Its not that I dont like him, I just dont think he is a #1 WR so I wouldnt take him in the first round. He will probably be good for a couple big plays every year and play solid football, but I just dont see him as a true superstar like Steve Smith or Santana Moss.

Johnson/Jarret might be the best two to come out in a while though, right up there with Andre Johnson and Roy Williams IMO

PhinSoldia
11-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Wow, that Adrian Peterson to the Texans pick is good, that will make them forget about Bush pretty quick. I see Adrian transferring over to the NFL much better than Bush, he tends to pick up a lot more of the tough yards, but still has the flashy moves too. The only concern is his durability, but if he stays healthy he's a better pick than Bush IMO. It's be funny if he's there when they pick and they pass him up for an overrated DE to play opposite Mario Williams :lol:

i agree...this is a gimmie pick that they just cant pass up on...they have to pick up Adrian after letting bush go.

MrEd
11-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Its not that I dont like him, I just dont think he is a #1 WR so I wouldnt take him in the first round. He will probably be good for a couple big plays every year and play solid football, but I just dont see him as a true superstar like Steve Smith or Santana Moss.

Johnson/Jarret might be the best two to come out in a while though, right up there with Andre Johnson and Roy Williams IMO

cant agree with your logic there... Bush was thought of the same way...but they took him #2 overall

and I see the same qualities in Ginn Jr but as a WR

may not be a #1 his first year...but he looks like the next steve smith of carolina but 5 inches bigger

MrEd
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Pitcock Schmitcok- Ted Ginn one place above! Woodley, Willis, Pozlunsky (maybe, not thrilled with him). Brian Brohm anyone? Levi Brown?

i dont know...im not impressed with Brohm too much

i dont see him as a top ten pick either

MrEd
11-29-2006, 02:31 PM
rather go for posluzny or even brohm...how about the running back from louisville...he got hurt and was out all season. i still believe we need another rb to backup brown. i am not a sammy fan.

we have ronnie brown to backup ricky williams for next year...we can wait for backup running back in 2008 after ricky's contract is up

Alex44
11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
cant agree with your logic there... Bush was thought of the same way...but they took him #2 overall

may not be a #1 his first year...but he looks like the next steve smith of carolina but 5 inches bigger

Not at all.

Reggie Bush was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders. No-one is comparing Ginn to a player like lets say....Jerry Rice or some other historic WR.

btw Bush has been a pretty awful RB this year and a mediocre punt returner. Has a lot of catches but not a lot of yards per catch.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
This thread has haters written all over it :lol:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM

Ginn is 6' 3"?

cheyannefan
11-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Ginn most likely won't come out this year. That's in my opinion. He knows he's got things to work on.

cheyannefan
11-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Ginn is 6' 3"? Ginn is 6'0

Stitches
11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Ginn is 6'0

I know that, but someone said he was 5 inches taller than Steve Smith.

Disgustipate
11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I dont know why people are writing off Pitcock as a possible. Right now he is widely rated as a mid-1st rounder or earlier, where we seem likely to end up right now.

He's 6'3" 300 and an experienced 2-gap DT. He doesnt have the bulk most Nose Tackles do, but that can be added. Hell, Keith Traylor was a 260 pound linebacker when he came into the league, and Miami has already drafted a couple of undersized players in Fred Evans and Matt Roth and bulked them up(Evans 6'4" 300 to 6'4" 325, Roth 6'3" 270 to 6'3" 285)

tonto_phin
11-30-2006, 08:55 PM
we have many DT's we can fatten up

Rod Wright or Fred Evans might fill the bill

if we were strictly a 4-3 team then fine, but are you going to draft an athlete in the first round just to fatten him up so that he can occupy 2 blockers? I say no

people get a crush on a certain player and then they need to figure out a way to spin him as a fit for us

if the 8 DT's we have drafted and signed in the last 2 years don't cut it then perhaps we need a new head of PP

Disgustipate
11-30-2006, 09:31 PM
we have many DT's we can fatten up

Rod Wright or Fred Evans might fill the bill

Fred Evans has already bulked up. We'll see if he can contribute.

Rod Wright is not a Nose Tackle, he's a DE.

if we were strictly a 4-3 team then fine, but are you going to draft an athlete in the first round just to fatten him up so that he can occupy 2 blockers? I say no

Uhm, we've got a key position to do exactly that...Nose Tackle. Nick Saban also seemed to want to take one high last season.

people get a crush on a certain player and then they need to figure out a way to spin him as a fit for us

It's not any sort of spin. He's a blue-chip 2-gap DT, which is a position we need and one he has been vocal about wanting to address. He's also currently projected in our draft range.

f the 8 DT's we have drafted and signed in the last 2 years don't cut it then perhaps we need a new head of PP

You dont have any idea what you are talking about.

Let me break it down:

Red= Over the age of 34.
Blue= Free Agent

CE- Kevin Carter(34), Matt Roth
NT- Keith Traylor(37, Free Agent, likely retiring), Jeff Zgonina(36, declining, Dan Wilkinson(34), Fred Evans(0 regular season snaps)
DT- Vonnie Holliday(Free Agent), Wilkinson/Zgonina, Kevin Vickerson(0 regular season snaps)
OE- Jason Taylor, David Bowens(Free Agent)

Miami can quite possibly end up losing anywhere from 0 to 5 DL next season that are current starters or rotational players.

Kevin Carter is 34, and said Matt Roth will be the reason he retires. Matt Roth is recently coming on strong.

Keith Traylor said he would retire at the end of the contract he signed with Miami. He's currently in year 2 of a 2 year contract.

Jeff Zgonina is 37, clearly in the decline, and has been unhappy about his play time.

Vonnie Holliday is a FA, and has revitalized his career. He's been clearly eager to play the market, and he's in line for a nice payday.

David Bowens is a FA, and he's not really the future at the position. He's not someone Miami likes enough to play that other OLB position, but still plays nickel/dime packages.

We would be extremely lucky if we could fill whatever losses we incur this offseason with players on the roster. Right now Matt Roth is the only guy under 30 who has taken an NFL snap and has any pedagree at all.

tonto_phin
11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Uhm, we've got a key position to do exactly that...Nose Tackle. Nick Saban also seemed to want to take one high last season.

Uhm, Pitlock is a first rounder

Uhm, I know might want to pick a NT high but not in the first round

Keith Traylor was a 260 pound linebacker when he came into the league

Rod Wright is not a Nose Tackle, he's a DE.

uhm nice flip-flop

uhm we're not fattening up a first round DT to become a NT

Disgustipate
11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Uhm, Pitlock is a first rounder

Uhm, I know might want to pick a NT high but not in the first round

Nick Saban came right out and said he was interested in the bigger DL who went before our pick. Haloti Ngata was the guy who went right before it.

Not to mention he tried to sign Sam Adams, a big name FA in the offseason.

uhm nice flip-flop

uhm we're not fattening up a first round DT to become a NT

How is that a flip-flop?

And why isnt Miami going to do that other then because you said so? Last time I checked, they had enough convictions about the process to take a 265-270 pound open end in the 2nd round and turn him into a 285-290 pound Closed end/DT. You are suggesting taking a 300 pound 2-gap DT and adding weight to that is somehow risky?

tonto_phin
12-01-2006, 01:27 AM
uhm, there is no NT to draft in the first round and we are not going to draft a 4-3 DT in the first round

uhm, we have drafted 4 4-3 DT's on 2 years, enough is enough

And why isnt Miami going to do that other then because you said so? Last time I checked, they had enough convictions about the process to take a 265-270 pound open end in the 2nd round and turn him into a 285-290 pound Closed end/DT. You are suggesting taking a 300 pound 2-gap DT and adding weight to that is somehow risky?

since when is the second round, the first round?

you can flip-flop, compare apples to oranges and backpedal at the same time, good work

taking a 4-3 DT in the first round and fattening him up isn't risky, its friggin stupid

let's make Calvin Johnson a TE while we're at it

SECfootball
12-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Blalock or Jarrett

There's Ted Ginn Jr, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Jeff Samardzija, and Dwayne Bowe. Solid class.

tonto_phin
12-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Jeff Samardzija, and Dwayne Bowe.

we could use a big target

Disgustipate
12-01-2006, 02:10 AM
uhm, there is no NT to draft in the first round and we are not going to draft a 4-3 DT in the first round

I dont think you understand what an NT involves. There are plenty of them with similiar builds to Pitcock right now. Seth Payne is 6'4" 305 pounds and played NT in Dom Capers defense. Kelly Gregg is 6'0" 310 pounds.

We're not drafting 4-3 DTs, either. The team for all intents and purposes uses 3-4 personnel to run alignments very similiar to the 3-4, just with Jason Taylor having his hand on the ground.

As for all these players we've drafted...Only Matt Roth has actually played a single regular season snap. Guys like Fred Evans, Kevin Vickerson, Rodrique Wright...they are crap shoots. We'd be lucky if one of them panned out.

you can flip-flop, compare apples to oranges and backpedal at the same time, good work

taking a 4-3 DT in the first round and fattening him up isn't risky, its friggin stupid

The first round isnt the second round. I never said it was. It is, however, a high value pick, where Saban made a riskier conversion move by far.

Please, I'd absolutely love for you to point out where I flip-flopped rather then just repeating it over and over without justification.

Caps
12-01-2006, 09:10 AM
If we're looking for NT's high in the draft, I think Amobi Okoye would be a fabulous pick in the low 1st/high 2nd. 6'1 317 pounds, that's prototypical NT dimensions right there, maybe he could add just a tad more weight. And he's only like 20 years old. He might take a year or two to develop but we can afford giving him spot time mixed in with big daddy and Fred IMO.

unifiedtheory
12-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Keep loading up on defense...I LOVE IT!

The defense, especially the line was all but ignored by the previous "regime". We need to keep getting players that fit our system and are not older vets.

If we went defense all of day 1 of the draft I'd be elated.

MrEd
12-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Not at all.

Reggie Bush was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders. No-one is comparing Ginn to a player like lets say....Jerry Rice or some other historic WR.

btw Bush has been a pretty awful RB this year and a mediocre punt returner. Has a lot of catches but not a lot of yards per catch.

yes, but his potential down the road...say...by his third year? Very high.

MrEd
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Ginn is 6' 3"?

no he is 6 ft. isnt steve smith 5-7?

MrEd
12-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I dont know why people are writing off Pitcock as a possible. Right now he is widely rated as a mid-1st rounder or earlier, where we seem likely to end up right now.

He's 6'3" 300 and an experienced 2-gap DT. He doesnt have the bulk most Nose Tackles do, but that can be added. Hell, Keith Traylor was a 260 pound linebacker when he came into the league, and Miami has already drafted a couple of undersized players in Fred Evans and Matt Roth and bulked them up(Evans 6'4" 300 to 6'4" 325, Roth 6'3" 270 to 6'3" 285)

i dont know where you got that Evans has bulked up to 325...but on the official site...he's 307...

MrEd
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Jeff Samardzija, and Dwayne Bowe.

we could use a big target

Drew Bennett is a free agent and he is 6-5, a proven big play receiver, and we wont waste a draft pick.

I say release/trade Booker and sign Drew Bennett to replace him as the "big" target...that way we can use our 1st round pick on either a NT, C, CB, or LT.:wink:

MrEd
12-02-2006, 11:39 AM
If we're looking for NT's high in the draft, I think Amobi Okoye would be a fabulous pick in the low 1st/high 2nd. 6'1 317 pounds, that's prototypical NT dimensions right there, maybe he could add just a tad more weight. And he's only like 20 years old. He might take a year or two to develop but we can afford giving him spot time mixed in with big daddy and Fred IMO.

now you stole the words from my fingertips...that was exactly who i was thinking about in the 1st round...NT or C

I dont think that the OTs left where we will be drafting are anymore LTs than say Toledo...so I'd go NT or C...unless Saban still thinks we need a big play CB if Allen, Goodman, Daniels, and maybe Poole, Mitchell, or Lehan isnt enough...not to mention Jason Allen could still move outside and we can draft a S in say the 3rd or 4th to backup Hill and Bell

Disgustipate
12-02-2006, 11:10 PM
i dont know where you got that Evans has bulked up to 325...but on the official site...he's 307...

It also lists Matt Roth as 272 pounds.

Saban said in a press conference early in the season that Evans was around 325.

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Drew Bennett is a free agent and he is 6-5, a proven big play receiver, and we wont waste a draft pick.

I say release/trade Booker and sign Drew Bennett to replace him as the "big" target...that way we can use our 1st round pick on either a NT, C, CB, or LT.:wink:

I dont see how losing Booker and getting Bennett improves our WR core in anyway.

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:15 AM

Okoye and Okam are NTs. And they are both at least mid to late 1st rounders.

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:19 AM
I dont see how losing Booker and getting Bennett improves our WR core in anyway.

Bennett is a "bigger" target. And he's more consistent. He was McNair's go to WR a few years ago and had over a thousand yards.

I'm just of the philosophy of speedy guy on one side (Chambers), a big target on the other side (Bennett), with a sure handed guy in the slot (Welker).

With Hagan both fast (4.4 speed) and big (6-2) and Vick (4.4 speed) developing behind them. :wink:

I'd feel a little better with that corps instead.

And then Gibson on the practice squad. Oh yeah!

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:25 AM
It also lists Matt Roth as 272 pounds.

Saban said in a press conference early in the season that Evans was around 325.

I think you've mistaken him with Manny Wright cause I never heard him say that

Tureo
12-05-2006, 04:12 AM
[quote=Alex44]Not sure which part is funny so I'll just defend both

Last years draft you Vince Young, Matt Leinart, D-Brick, Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Jay Cutler, Donte Whitner, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk.

That class was far stronger at the top

And as for Russel

He has never done anything impressive, he has a strong arm but even some LSU fans dont like him for the fact he makes the worst decisions at the worst times. IMO not first round worthy.[/quo

Here are Jamarcus Russell's season stats
211 completions
308 attempts
68.5 completion percentage
26 t.d's 7 ints
2797 yards passing
He isn't as bad as some may think.

Stitches
12-05-2006, 10:58 AM
no he is 6 ft. isnt steve smith 5-7?

No he's 5'9"-5'10"

Timmy54
12-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Russell to the Bucs at 7???Why wouldnt they give Troy Smith a shot here??

colmax
12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Russell to the Bucs at 7???Why wouldnt they give Troy Smith a shot here??

Because Troy Smith is a systems athlete. Great athlete in a great system. Where do you put him? WR? QB? I just do not know if any team would give him the shot at starting QB in the NFL.

dominizzo
12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Why wouldn Saban be interested in THE POZ