PDA

View Full Version : Who do the players/coaches think is better; Culpepper or harrington

EAZY 0
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
???

muscle979
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
How would any of us know that?

colmax
11-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I called Nick earlier today to inquire. Unfortunately, he was out of the office. I will get back later with his response.....

rafael
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
The only confirmation we have is that the receiving core knows that DC is the future. There were quotes to that effect from CC and Mcmichael.

themole
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
???

:confused: I..I..I DON'T KNOW!:shakeno:

Dolfan984
11-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Oline probably likes Harrington. Skill players probably like Culpepper :lol:

Slappy8800
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Oline probably likes Harrington. Skill players probably like Culpepper :lol:

we have skill players?...oooh you mean Chris butterfingers Chambers?

Aqua4Ever04
11-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Again you have attempted to hijack another thread and dog one of our players. Who on this team do you actully like?

Dolfan984
11-28-2006, 07:03 PM

For all this talk about singling out Joey I sure hear a lot of people singling out Chambers. It kinda sounds like you're more a Joey fan than a Dolphins fan, and that could be said for a few people who post on this board.

bluehaze
11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Again you have attempted to hijack another thread and dog one of our players. Who on this team do you actully like?

I want to know why it's okay for people to critique Daunte but not Joey. Also, people call out Chambers after a poor performance and claim Ronnie is a bust after one bad game, but if someone knocks on Joey (who actully deserves it most of the time) everyone blows up.

Is Chambers not deserving of the criticism?

Dolfan984
11-28-2006, 07:08 PM

He is, but so is Joey. I wish we could go a week without bashing either of them, hell we've got a 4 game win streak and we need BOTH of them to have big weeks against the Jags without Ronnie out there dragging people.

RGF
11-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I called Nick earlier today to inquire. Unfortunately, he was out of the office. I will get back later with his response.....

He was out of the office because he and I decided to have lunch together. He wanted my opinion on this very subject and we spoke in detail about the Q.B.`s and other Dolphin personnel. We also came up with a strategic gameplan for the Jaquars. However, I`m not at liberty to divulge such information here for the obvious reasons. He offered to pay the check,I let him.

Dolfan5000
11-28-2006, 07:09 PM
For all this talk about singling out Joey I sure hear a lot of people singling out Chambers. It kinda sounds like you're more a Joey fan than a Dolphins fan, and that could be said for a few people who post on this board.
:yeahthat:

Aqua4Ever04
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM

The only thing you can knock Chambers for are the balls that hit him square in the chest and fall to the turf. Other than that, Chambers is helping the rest of the recieving corps, doing a great job blocking, and making big plays in clutch spots. The drop stat is very misleading and I don't think he deserves half of the criticism that he recieves. He hasn't had more then a few for sure drops this year. A lot of the drops I see him credited with are the ones that he lays out for a gets his fingertips on them. That is not a drop.

Aqua4Ever04
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM

That's the conclusion I'm begining to arrive at for some. I have seen nothing but criticism for most of our players out of a few members. It just gets annoying seeing everything negative all of the time.

Slappy8800
11-28-2006, 07:15 PM
chambers is our #1 wr correct? so when he is not producing and our #2 and #3 guys are, what am I supposed to do? sit here and accept it?

R_t_Kraken
11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey Mods, we need to add negitive star ratings. :smackhead

HybridPHIN 23
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
we have skill players?...oooh you mean Chris butterfingers Chambers? What do you mean ? Chris doesnt even have the oppurtunity to drop em the way Joey throws the ball 10 yards + ... besides the whole team has drops problems.. Chris and Wes are basiclaly the smallest part of it. You don't just call anyone butterfingers because they've dropped passes that's like calling Tom Brady Mr. Interception..... it's stupid.

Anyway this question is kinda useless... ofcourse they think Cpep is better... Coach Saban himself will tell you.... like he actually told CK.....
he said... to some respect... that our offense is basically handicapped with Joey not completing deep passes to stretch the field.... and since our offensive strategy is stretching the field to open up the run.... we're stuck playing small ball and struggling to run anywhere.... as Good as it seems joeys playing... he cant really drive down the field and score points on anyone except the Lowly Lions. Hell, I'll take a quality short game and lil to no sacks without complaint right now tho.

bluehaze
11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
He is, but so is Joey. I wish we could go a week without bashing either of them, hell we've got a 4 game win streak and we need BOTH of them to have big weeks against the Jags without Ronnie out there dragging people.

I don't mind the constructive critcism, what I hate is the hypocritical bashing of one player saying it's ok to critique them in one thread, then coming to another thread and saying it's not ok to criticisize another player. You would think some of these guys are married to certain players :lol:

Aqua4Ever04
11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
chambers is our #1 wr correct? so when he is not producing and our #2 and #3 guys are, what am I supposed to do? sit here and accept it?

Have you ever thought that maybe it's because Chambers gets the best coverages from each of those teams?

You guys need to realize that the more Booker and Welker start to step up, the more it's going to free up Chambers. This is just one of a bunch of reasons I think Chambers has a big day vs. Jacksonville. The Jags are going to be looking at the Detroit game film and see that Marty can get open and they are going to make a more consious effort to give Booker a better look. Chambers will get freed up this week. Lets just hope Joey can finally get one to him down the field.

bluehaze
11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
The only thing you can knock Chambers for are the balls that hit him square in the chest and fall to the turf.

And why is that? He certainly has had that problem this season but there are many other criteria a #1 reciever needs to be held to in order to be deserving of the spot. However we have already discussed this in another thread.

HybridPHIN 23
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
thats all relative to Joey's inabilty to hit intermediate-deep passes.... Ya see Wr's depend on the Qb throwing it to them. Accept that. Joey's a great Qb if your a possesion type who works the short routes and in traffic. But as good a deep threat CC can be.... he's more a decoy right now.... Now if we were to put him in the slot more and have Marty as a flanker like last year it would make him a freak but Marty would be useless and we'd barely improve. We still need to be able to stretch the field and that aint happnin.

bluehaze
11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Have you ever thought that maybe it's because Chambers gets the best coverages from each of those teams?

You guys need to realize that the more Booker and Welker start to step up, the more it's going to free up Chambers. This is just one of a bunch of reasons I think Chambers has a big day vs. Jacksonville. The Jags are going to be looking at the Detroit game film and see that Marty can get open and they are going to make a more consious effort to give Booker a better look. Chambers will get freed up this week. Lets just hope Joey can finally get one to him down the field.

Harrington on wether or not defenses have been rolling coverages to take Chambers out of the games:

"No,not neccesarily, they did earlier in the season they were rolling alot of the coverage to Randy and Chris and we did some things to counteract that but... like I said I go through my progressions and whoevers open I throw the ball to"

Aqua4Ever04
thats all relative to Joey's inabilty to hit intermediate-deep passes.... Ya see Wr's depend on the Qb throwing it to them. Accept that. Joey's a great Qb if your a possesion type who works the short routes and in traffic. But as good a deep threat CC can be.... he's more a decoy right now.... Now if we were to put him in the slot more and have Marty as a flanker like last year it would make him a freak but Marty would be useless and we'd barely improve. We still need to be able to stretch the field and that aint happnin.

You need to stop making sense! RIGHT NOW!

zonk4ever
2002 was a very weak year for QB'S. The Lions obviously "reached" for Joey at 3, but David Carr was taken #1 and after that the falloff was great. You need to read Peter King's description of Joey from the 2002 NFL Draft - CNN SI. It's eerily accurate to the Joey we have today. Will Joey improve? Hmmmm.

HybridPHIN 23
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't mind the constructive critcism, what I hate is the hypocritical bashing of one player saying it's ok to critique them in one thread, then coming to another thread and saying it's not ok to criticisize another player. You would think some of these guys are married to certain players :lol:
I know it seems like a handful of you in this thread have divorced Cpep and are now in love with Joey... I mean sure Joey deserves his props but why all the debating over how this is his team now and we should give up on Cpep and how we're not trading Joey..... I can't believe you guys havent started the Joey fan club yet... I see you 3 in every thread mentioning Joey... It's like the Gusketeers, only........ Joey HArrington.

bluehaze
11-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I know it seems like a handful of you in this thread have divorced Cpep and are now in love with Joey... I mean sure Joey deserves his props but why all the debating over how this is his team now and we should give up on Cpep and how we're not trading Joey.....

Handful of who? Where have I said anything like this? Aside from the fact that it would be idiotic to trade Harrington at this point I have always said the best man should be on the field and only time will tell who that is. Please explain what your referring to.

mmikel30
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Again you have attempted to hijack another thread and dog one of our players. Who on this team do you actully like?i like chambers but he is telling it like it is

PHINnyFAN
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
this is the dumbest question ive evr seen posted. Unfortunately the answers were even dumber. How blind can you be not to be able to see that Culpepper is garbage and will never play another game ( if our coaching staff is smart enough to realize that). Harrington will be the future for the team.

Funkymonks
11-28-2006, 09:17 PM
this is the dumbest question ive evr seen posted. Unfortunately the answers were even dumber. How blind can you be not to be able to see that Culpepper is garbage and will never play another game ( if our coaching staff is smart enough to realize that). Harrington will be the future for the team.

if anything, if what you say is true and Daunte doesn't play again, neither of them will be the future of the team. Our offense is based on streaching the field to open the run. Joey doesn't throw the long ball.

If Daunte gets better and returns to form for next year, Daunte will be here.
If he doesn't, Joey and Daunte will be gone and we will look for a QB that will fit into our system.

slyfox13
11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
I called Nick earlier today to inquire. Unfortunately, he was out of the office. I will get back later with his response.....Im back now and the answer to your question is .............. um ill have to get back to you im trying to find a running back see ya!:lol:

jim1
11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
The only confirmation we have is that the receiving core knows that DC is the future. There were quotes to that effect from CC and Mcmichael.

That could very well be the case, but I think that this scenario is also very possible:

Q: I still can't believe that Nick Saban said that Daunte Culpepper is the quarterback of the future. With the way Joey Harrington has played and how the team has rallied around him, doesn't he deserve a legitimate shot of remaining the starter next season (I also thought Gus Frerotte deserved that same respect, but he was let go)?

A: I wouldn't worry too much about what is said by Saban right now as he tries to keep his team focused on this season. If Harrington plays well the remainder of the season, I would be surprised if Saban didn't open the starting quarterback spot for competition entering the team's 2007 preseason. Saban will have plenty of time to formulate a plan on how to handle his quarterbacks during the offseason.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvezqa113006,0,3717473.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

slyfox13
11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
if anything, if what you say is true and Daunte doesn't play again, neither of them will be the future of the team. Our offense is based on streaching the field to open the run. Joey doesn't throw the long ball.

If Daunte gets better and returns to form for next year, Daunte will be here.
If he doesn't, Joey and Daunte will be gone and we will look for a QB that will fit into our system.How exactly do we uh? Streach hmmmmmmmm!:lol:

Vertical Limit
11-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Whether it's Daunte Culpepper or Joey Harrington, Chris Chambers has been a NO SHOW all season long. There was that one touchdown that got called back against Minnesota because of an unneccesary chop block by Peele, but that's all I've seen of Chambers.

Oh and this week coming up, he's going to be matched up against a pro bowl cornerback, Rashean Mathis, who IMO, is a Top 5 corner in this league. :shakeno:

Chambers has been dissapointing, period.

Coral Reefer
11-28-2006, 09:41 PM
???

Your threads are so friggin transparent man it's pathetic.

We got it that you don't like Harrington after the first few ridiculous threads you made.

Both Culpepper and harrington are going to get a chance to win the job next year. I don't care which it is as long as it's the one that is actually playing better.

rafael
11-28-2006, 11:03 PM
That could very well be the case, but I think that this scenario is also very possible:

Q: I still can't believe that Nick Saban said that Daunte Culpepper is the quarterback of the future. With the way Joey Harrington has played and how the team has rallied around him, doesn't he deserve a legitimate shot of remaining the starter next season (I also thought Gus Frerotte deserved that same respect, but he was let go)?

A: I wouldn't worry too much about what is said by Saban right now as he tries to keep his team focused on this season. If Harrington plays well the remainder of the season, I would be surprised if Saban didn't open the starting quarterback spot for competition entering the team's 2007 preseason. Saban will have plenty of time to formulate a plan on how to handle his quarterbacks during the offseason.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvezqa113006,0,3717473.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

There may be an open competition but if DC is healthy (and everybody who knows anything about medicine says that is likely) then it won't be close. That's what the receivers and Saban saw in TC. It's also what anybody who understands football sees. The O is doing better now but it was changed from the O they tried to run with DC. So only the most simple-minded analysis would claim that improved QB was the cause for those 3 wins. If JH is able to continue to play like he did against Detroit's horrible D then he may change the mind of the team but as of right now they rightly see DC as the future.

mmikel30
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
this is the dumbest question ive evr seen posted. Unfortunately the answers were even dumber. How blind can you be not to be able to see that Culpepper is garbage and will never play another game ( if our coaching staff is smart enough to realize that). Harrington will be the future for the team.if the answers were dumb then they were not the answers 'you" wanted to hear.....it's called selective hearing

ac_lanham
11-28-2006, 11:16 PM

:lol:

Phanatical
11-29-2006, 01:20 AM
keep hearing every year that chambers is about to breakout....still nothing....:lol:

Sad but true.

MR NFLFAN
11-29-2006, 01:22 AM
???Who do the players/coaches think is better; Culpepper or harrington

Drew Brees

colmax
11-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Im back now and the answer to your question is .............. um ill have to get back to you im trying to find a running back see ya!:lol:

:sidelol:

colmax
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
He was out of the office because he and I decided to have lunch together. He wanted my opinion on this very subject and we spoke in detail about the Q.B.`s and other Dolphin personnel. We also came up with a strategic gameplan for the Jaquars. However, I`m not at liberty to divulge such information here for the obvious reasons. He offered to pay the check,I let him.

Did you two have "Relative to a particular player's performance" soup? :lol:

colmax
11-29-2006, 01:36 AM
Who do the players/coaches think is better; Culpepper or harrington

Drew Brees

Ouch....

adamprez2003
11-29-2006, 05:30 AM
The kind of arm Daunte has will always have coaches hoping he takes the starting job. Look at Jeff George, how long was he in the league? Joey's done enough this year that he is the floorboard of what we'll have in 2007 at QB. If Daunte can somehow make Saban feel he can improve on the performance of Harrington, he will get the starting nod. Unfortunately for Daunte, Harrington continues to improve every week. Daunte will have less and less room for error come next spring to show he deserves the starting spot. After the first two seasons, I think Saban will be highly reticent to risk the start of 2007 and another bad start on a question mark. Daunte will have to win the starting job flat out

Dolfan984
11-29-2006, 06:30 AM

I wasn't talking about you. :wink:

Dolfan984
11-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Both Culpepper and harrington are going to get a chance to win the job next year. I don't care which it is as long as it's the one that is actually playing better.

Well said.

BSQX4
11-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Relative to the rehab of Daunte Culpepper I have nothing new to announce. Joey is doing a good job relative to game management, cutting down on mistakes and is improving. Until Daunte regains his explosiveness relative to being able to be elusive and protect himself in the pocket we're week to week on that. Harrington is our starter for the Jaguar game and this a week to week process. Don't you guys listen to Sabans' press conferences!!

PhinsRock
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
If you don't know the answer, but have to realize WE don't have the answer, then you've just started another Joey-vs-Dunte thread, just disguised it differently. That's why you ony get one star.

colmax
11-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Relative to the rehab of Daunte Culpepper I have nothing new to announce. Joey is doing a good job relative to game management, cutting down on mistakes and is improving. Until Daunte regains his explosiveness relative to being able to be elusive and protect himself in the pocket we're week to week on that. Harrington is our starter for the Jaguar game and this a week to week process. Don't you guys listen to Sabans' press conferences!!

:lol:

Mike13
11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Saban says you have **** for brains, and so does the entire team, there's your awnser.

DolfanTom
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
For all this talk about singling out Joey I sure hear a lot of people singling out Chambers. It kinda sounds like you're more a Joey fan than a Dolphins fan, and that could be said for a few people who post on this board.I like Joey a lot - and think he may be able to tap into his full potential w/ us. He has another five games to either prove, or dis-prove this.

That said, I don't understand why he has not yet clicked w/ Chambers. One thing Sage did immediately when he entered games last year was .... throw the damn ball to Chambers and CC made sick plays. I don't see that w/ Joey yet for whatever reason. Thankfully, the others are making plays, but would it hurt to toss the ball downfield to CC every now and again? I'm hoping this happens over the next five. If Joey does hope to stick around long term, he would do well to introduce himself to CC.

DolfanTom
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh, and Nick and I just had our weekly lunch meeting. Nice guy - he picks up the tab every week! He told me to tell you all this:

"Relative to the relatives you had over on Thanksgiving, relative to the QB we had playing on that particular day, relative to the QB who wasn't playing, relative to Joey doing a pretty good job - relatively - it was relative to the moment that he be playing. Relative to that, it will depend on how he plays relative to the rest of the season - relatively - which will decide who plays QB next season, relative to who the backup will be next season, relatively. Relative to your question, I hope I've relatively answered it."

Mike13
11-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, and Nick and I just had our weekly lunch meeting. Nice guy - he picks up the tab every week! He told me to tell you all this:

"Relative to the relatives you had over on Thanksgiving, relative to the QB we had playing on that particular day, relative to the QB who wasn't playing, relative to Joey doing a pretty good job - relatively - it was relative to the moment that he be playing. Relative to that, it will depend on how he plays relative to the rest of the season - relatively - which will decide who plays QB next season, relative to who the backup will be next season, relatively. Relative to your question, I hope I've relatively answered it."

"- Using the Theory of Relativity."

DolfanTom
11-29-2006, 01:33 PM
"- Using the Theory of Relativity."I like Saban a lot. I think he's extremely intelligent (especially coming from West Virginia!), but sometimes I think he just throws in the word "relative" for fun.

Mike13
11-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah he likes messing with the press.

retired opfinistic
11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I like Saban a lot. I think he's extremely intelligent (especially coming from West Virginia!), but sometimes I think he just throws in the word "relative" for fun.:eek: :sidelol:

DolfanTom
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
:eek: :sidelol:I'm going on Letterman tonight to apologize to all the fine folks of the grand state of West Virgnia! My comments were clearly taken out of context, it's all the media's fault! :wink:

MR NFLFAN
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
West Virginia

One state

One DNA

:D